Start by marking “You Are Cordially Invited (Auckland Med., #5)” as Want to Read:
You Are Cordially Invited (Auckland Med., #5)

You Are Cordially Invited

(Auckland Med. #5)

There’s a wedding in the air at Auckland Med, but Reuben wonders if they’ll survive the stress long enough to say, ‘I do’. Cam is directing the entire operation with his combat eyeliner in place, whilst the wedding party is doing its best to ignore him. The pressure is mounting and the cracks are beginning to show.

There’s a bachelor party to survive.
The paparazzi to outrun

Published June 17th 2021 by Southern Lights Publishing

Start your review of You Are Cordially Invited (Auckland Med., #5)
Florence .
Jun 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
4 “Reuben loves you. Let him in“ stars

”I love you Cameron Wano, every sharp-needled, snark filled, lace covered, bossy, prickly, glorious centimetre of you. Don’t ever change”

Was this book over the top? Yes
Was this book way more dramatic than I normally like? Yes
Did I want to yell at one of the main characters for half the book? Yes
Did I care? No
Did that stop me from loving the book? No

First things first, this is not a standalone. This is book 5 in the series and really should be read in this or
Layla
4.5 stars!
I received an ARC from GRR and this is my honest review.

This book was #SwootCity and I am not ashamed to say that I ignored some #RealLife deadlines to finish reading it. #SorryNotSorry

What I Loved:

1. I want to reiterate that Cam is my #SpiritAnimal. He's strong, fearless and sassy AF. But deep down there is a vulnerability to him that only Ruby, and few chosen others, can see. Cam shows us that sometimes, he can't always be the boss and control the world. I adore him even when he f
Cadiva
May 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
If you were expecting this to simply be a tacked on epilogue of sorts to Jay's utterly brilliant Crossing the Touchline then think again.

This is a full on novel with a deep emotional thread running right through which sees both Cameron and Reuben pushed to their limits by a myriad of different hurdles on their way to the aisle.

Don't fret though, this is just as swoony as their original love story, they're still madly in love and utterly committed to each other, even if there are times they need
Miss Blattsalat
Jun 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2021, sports-romance
“Somehow, I kept moving, one foot in front of the other, my heart afire.
Heading for Reuben. Heading home.”

I loved loved loved this story!

Cam and Reuben´s wedding is just around the corner and is supposed to take place in 14 days.
What could possibly go wrong when the soon-to-be-husbands are so very much in love like Cam and Reuben?
Well, a lot.

I have to admit, I was a little bit lost on the first pages into this story.
It is safe to stay, this story does not go as a standalone.
I was aware, it is
Caz
Jun 24, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: queer-romance, m-m, arc
I've given this a B- at AAR, so 3.5 stars rounded up.

Book five in the Auckland Med series (I’m not sure it’s the last one?), You Are Cordially Invited is ‘The One With the Wedding’ – although it’s much more than a fluffy wedding short -  in which everyone’s favourite, fabulous, feisty Charge Nurse, Cam Wano, ties the knot with the love of his life, Reuben Taylor of the All Blacks.  There’s a wedding, yes, but there’s a lot more going on as well, as Cam and Reuben are faced with some momentou
True Loveislovereview
Jun 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2021, lgbtq, sports
With an approaching wedding, there is a lot to arrange, it’s twisted between the busy agendas from Cam and Reuben.
Prepare yourself for a spectacular story, with the beautifully layered personalities Cam and Reuben. The whole story was considered, humorous, feisty, sassy, playful, honest, mature, big-hearted, generous, emotional, heart-wrenching, warm and so so full of love.

It’s not alone about the big wedding, there is so much going on. It’s about family, choices, giving up control. Whatever t
Sharing The Book Love
OMG OMG -I absolutely loved this book. Cam and Reuben and a wedding and all the drama and and ...its just perfect!

From the bachelor party, to the angst, to the outfits. Catching up with old friends and falling in love with them all over again.

Jay has written a perfect ending to a wonderful series. It feels sad to say good bye to this series but I know Jay will have some more wonderful stories with new lovable characters in the future.
Dan
Jun 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There's characters that just live in your head rent free due to how iconic they are. Cameron Wano is one of those. Seeing his relationship with Reuben deepen even more is almost a treat. This sits in that level between sweet and angsty that I simply adore.
It was amazing and I'm almost obliged to say it was an honor
☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆
Well, I'm giving it 5 stars assuming it's the finale of the series...but wait, what?? There may be a couple of other stories down the line featuring 🤔🤔??? Yes, and a few surprises in this story too.

Absolutely LOVED it 💕💕, Cam and Rube are my favourite couple from this series, Reuben's character has grown in leaps and bounds...even throughout this story, along with a few other characters --> yes, Michael Oliver, you!! Everyone else from the Auckland Med series also seemed to make an appearanc
Vicki
May 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm
After the world’s best “bingay” bachelor party, Cam and Reuben sure do have to jump through some pretty big hoops before they stand before the marriage celebrant in this fifth book of the Auckland Med series.
The writing and story telling ability of Jay Hogan leaves me in awe. So many threads are woven together to present us with a truly remarkable book.

The characters of Cam and Rueben are even further developed. Cam is his usual fabulous, sassy snarky self until multiple pressures force him to
E.Muddle
Jun 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’ll admit that I wasn’t sure what to expect with this one. I hoped it would be more than an extended epilogue about the wedding. I mean, I would have loved that anyway, don’t get me wrong. But, I can’t lie and say that I wasn’t wishing for another deep, emotional, and immensely powerful story from Cam and Rueben. And I’m happy to say, that’s exactly what we got. There are a number of hoops to jump through before Cam and Rueben get to stand at the alter, and more than a few cracks begin to appea ...more
Ami
Jul 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
Dear Readers...

You are cordially invited to the wedding of Reuben Taylor, the New Zealand All-Black rugby star player, and Cameron Wano, ER Nurse Extraordinaire. That is if you can pass all the freaking frenzies including the bachelor party, the wedding outfit, the opportunity (view spoiler), the homophobic father, the rugby game, the paparazzi, and one event that can derailed the plans of all plans.

On one hand, I feel like the author are gleefully throwing all
Kirk
May 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance
I hoped that this story would capture everything that I loved in Crossing the Touchline and did not disappoint. Here we see Cameron Wano and Reuben Taylor get ready for the biggest day of their lives, and let me tell you, you’re in for a real treat. There are familiar and well-loved faces throughout, all the shenanigans you could wish for, and you’ll be taken on an emotional rollercoaster where you’ll be genuinely laughing out loud, and then have a happy tear or three. This story is filled with ...more
Mar
DNF at 65% so no rating

I couldn't finished this.
It dragged like crazy, and there are just so many internal monologs and rambling I can read before I said no more.
I somehow enjoyed Crossing The Touchline even with the internal monologs and drama but this one had way too much angst.

*ARC provided by publishers in exchange for an honest review*
Essie
Jun 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I loved this couple in their first book and it’s great to have another story with them, including the couples from the other books as well!
The writer said somewhere there are some Easter eggs in the story but I haven’t found them....
LauraSt
Perfection!

I just can’t let go of these men. I adore them with all my heart. Cam and Reuben are my favorite couple and this book just made me adore them more. Specially because it’s not all rainbows and flowers. It shows that couples are not perfect. The important thing is how you get over those hurdles. We also get to see all our favorite couples and I’m just so happy! Loved it!
Didi
3.5 Stars

Ever wonder what happened (to the love story of the leading characters) once the curtain fell? YOU ARE CORDIALLY INVITED was what followed after Cam and Ruby found their HEA on “Crossing the Touchline” - with the men juggling their (normal) life amidst under the media’s scrutiny whilst planning their wedding.

It’s all sweet and wicked fun from the get go - not to mention sexy - as expected from Hogan’s writings and this favorite couple. But when the going got really tough even the most
Edga
May 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent end to a great series x

Another winner from Jay Hogan , I swear she just gets better and better. This is such an emotional read, it gave me soooo many feels 🤯 Cam is his, wonderful self, but for me the star of the show is Reuben. Excellent character development by Jay, his growth throughout the book is outstanding. I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of this and I stayed up overnight to read it, I'm knackered today, but it was well worth a near sleepless night.
Absolutely loved it 🥰
Larissa
Jun 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
I adore this series. From the first page to the last page of these five books, Jay Hogan’s superb writing is on display. She has created charismatic, endearing characters who are like found family to each other, and to us. She gives them so much dimension and life that you almost forget they are fictional. Her storylines are different, intriguing, and unpredictable and always pack in a healthy dose of sexy and angst.

This book brings everything full circle back to Ms. Hogan’s favorite character,
Pam
Jun 17, 2021 added it
We have been Cordially invited to share more of Rhueban and Cam celebration their happiness

I always like reading about old friends. I feel i made new friends in Auckland as there are so many interesting characters in this fabulous series. They each have their own unique quirks, and I enjoyed getting to know more about them as they frolicked and sometimes barrelled their way through the pages.

Rhueban & Cam are as a couple are absolutely amazing. They each have a past from which they had and con
Amanda
Jun 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mlm, lqbtqia, heavy-feels
[I received a digital arc for an honest review]

You Are Cordially Invited
is the 5th book in the Auckland Med series. While the previous books could be read as standalones, this one you need to have read at least book 2 Crossing the Touchline because it's that books' couple Reuben and Cameron continuing their story and getting married. I'm also not going to do a summary of the book in this review because all you need to know is that so much happens on the way to them saying I do, and you don't wa
ButtonsMom2003
Jun 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ku, blog
Words have left me…what a wonderful ending for this series!

I read my first Jay Hogan book less than one year ago. At that time a book friend told me that all of Jay’s books were great and that I should read them. Well, it may have taken me nearly a year but I’ve finally read all of the Auckland Med books and I’ve made a good start on her other ones as well.

In a way, I’m not sorry that I didn’t read the Auckland Med series as soon as it started. That’s because I was able to read the whole series
Anne Barwell
When I pick up a Jay Hogan book I know I’m not going to get much sleep that night as I’ll be sitting up late reading it in one go. She has a wonderful knack of ‘just one chapter’ and then upping the tension so I can’t put it down! Cam is my favourite character from this series, and I loved the conclusion to his and Reuben’s story.

This book runs the gamut of emotions from humour to angst, and I enjoyed every minute of it, despite, or maybe because of, Cam and Reuben having to work for their HEA.
Christopher Shelton
Definitely the wedding of the year! What I imagined would be a novella, highlighting this auspicious occasion, surprised me as a full length novel. Very pleasantly surprised me. Jay takes us back to the world of Auckland Med in the best possible way. With cameos from all our favorite characters, some fun easter eggs, and an amazing plot, the trek to this wedding is complex, surprising, and ultimately beautiful.

But don’t let me mislead you – the trek is not an easy one. This story is a rollercoas
Debbie

This is book 5 in the Auckland Med series, and I strongly recommend you read AT LEAST book 2, Crossing the Touchline. That book is the beginning of Cam and Reuben's story and you need it, to give you the full story of their beginning. I recommend the others, just because!

The tagline for Crossing the Touchline was "Reuben Taylor has a choice to make. Cameron Wano is that choice" and it fits that, and THIS book
Alison Daniels
Jun 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best, most-perfect epilogue to a favorite series!

I am so sad to say goodbye to these characters but this epic love letter to Cam, Reuben, and all our favorite characters at Auckland Med makes it hurt a little less! I have loved this series from the beginning and I am so glad we got to see everyone one last time as they all come together to celebrate Cam and Reuben's upcoming wedding. There was definitely more angst and drama than I was anticipating but just like all of Jay Hogan's books, it
Kat
Jun 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Glamorous Stars

This is the most coveted wedding invitation of 2021. The sassy, smart-mouthed Cam, who really has a heart of gold behind his snark, has found the perfect outfit. The venue is picked. The caterer and flowers are all set. Family and friends are there to make the day even more special. What could possibly go wrong? This question my friends, is why you must grab this perfectly crafted story of Cam and Ruben’s wedding day extravaganza.

Yes, you would definitely benefit from reading th
Dawn
Jun 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely Brilliant

This book deserved all the stars and was a terrific read.

It was so good to catch up with the sweet loveable Ruben and the potty mouthed, sassy, controlling, fierce kick ass Cam, so different but together they are magic!

In this book they are learning to work as a team to overcome all the obstacles they encounter in the run up to their wedding and there are many but as the story unfolds you see Ruben is much stronger than Cam gives him credit for and doesn’t want or need to be
Nat
Jun 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It feels like meeting up with old friends - Cam’s sassy, snarky, fierce character is so vivid & vibrant that he leaps off the page, and Rueben is just a huge loveably sweet teddy bear. Jay paints these characters with such depth that you feel like you know them in real life, and you feel their highs & lows. You know those books that actually give you that warm feeling in your chest when you read them? That’s every book that Jay writes, but there’s something even more special about Cam & Reuben. ...more
Noelene
May 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-books, vers-mm
Why is everything written by this author is pure gold? *sigh*. . .

Book 5 in the Auckland Med series is NOT a standalone, and is actually Crossing the Touchline's sequel. Here we follow AB player Rueben and Charge nurse Cam during the last few weeks up till their wedding and we see them go through some events that are the catalyst for some serious character growth !
Both Ruben and Cam have thing to learn; Rueben has to learn to voice/stand up for something when he wants it while Cam has to learn
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Change Cover Please 1 14 May 21, 2021 02:43PM

• Beautifully Unexpected
  • Code Red
  • The End Zone (Atlanta Lightning, #2)
  • The Grave Between Us (A Noah & Cole Thriller, #2)
  • Daybreak (Vino & Veritas #12)
  • The Dating Experiment (Better With You, #2)
  • Good Intentions (Intentions Duet, #2)
  • Sleight of Hand (The Kings: Wild Cards, #3)
  • The List (Second Chances, #1)
  • Hot as Heller (Aster Valley, #3)
  • Off Key (Whispering Key, #3)
  • Goodnight (Rebel Sky Ranch, #1)
  • Line Mates & Study Dates (CU Hockey, #4)
  • Invisible Strings
  • Brother-in-Law Material
  • Getting Friendly (Never Just Friends, #3)
  • Turnabout (Vino & Veritas, #9)
  • Head Games (Wages of Sin, #3)
LGBT > Gay
See top shelves…

JAY HOGAN IS A 2020 LAMBDA LITERARY FINALIST IN GAY ROMANCE and a New Zealand author writing in m/m romance and romantic suspense.She has travelled extensively and lived in a few different countries. In another life, she was an Intensive Care Nurse, Counselor, and Nursing Lecturer.

She is owned by a huge Maine Coon cat and a gorgeous Cocker Spaniel

You can find Jay at:

Auckland Med. (5 books)
  • First Impressions (Auckland Med. #1)
  • Crossing the Touchline (Auckland Med., #2)
  • Up Close and Personal (Auckland Med., #3)
  • Against the Grain (Auckland Med., #4)

News & Interviews