Jump to ratings and reviews

The Villain's Duet #2

The Villain's Beloved

The day Elijah took me, he vowed to tame me.
I tried to fight him. Tried to survive without losing my heart.
But in the end, he did what he said he’d do… tame me.

He claimed me so unapologetically, and I surrendered willingly.
Together we found our place within the darkness.
We succumbed to wicked desires and tainted intentions.

And with every kiss, every touch, I allowed myself to fall deeper. Drowning within the seduction of a killer’s obsession.

I was reckless. Blinded by the promises of a man who wanted nothing but me.
I should have known better. Guarded my heart more fiercely.
After all—nothing good can come from falling for the villain.

First published July 26, 2021

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Bella J.

51 books1,571 followers
Bella J is an International Bestselling Author who loves writing dark and gritty romance with alpha-holes who have absolutely no redeeming qualities...until they do. Maybe.

STALKER LINKS:

VIP CLUB (get a free read when you become a member): http://eepurl.com/gmA7Mf

AMAZON: http://amzn.to/2DPoglg

FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/BellaJNovels

FACEBOOK READERS GROUP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/thebr...

INSTAGRAM:

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
Displaying 1 - 30 of 108 reviews
Profile Image for M.
619 reviews138 followers
July 26, 2021

𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐃. 𝐌𝐄𝐒𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐙𝐄𝐃 --- totally blown out of the water by Elijah and Charlotte's unconventional love story.

I fell for Elijah in book 1, even though he was a true anti-hero. There was just something about him that drew me in and held me captive. Just like with Charlotte. She was everything he needed and wanted. Slowly and not without some fear, the love between them grew and consumed them. I loved them together. This book was hotness on steroids!!!!

This book had twists and turns I didn't see coming . Some made my heart hurt, some left me stunned, some left me wanting more.

Charlotte and Elijah will not soon be forgotten. This was a very epic ending to a story that had enthralled me from the very start. A little sad to see them go.

*ARC generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review*
July 9, 2021

𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊: THE VILLAIN'S BELOVED.
𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐑𝐄: CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE.
𝐓𝐘𝐏𝐄: BOOK #2
𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑: BELLA J.
𝐏𝐎𝐕: FIRST-PERSON: DUAL PERSPECTIVE.
𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐒: VIOLENCE, KIDNAPPING, PAST TRAUMA.
𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐌 𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐋: 🔥🔥🔥🔥
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐏𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓: 🤠🤠🤠🤠🤠
𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃 𝐁𝐔𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆:🌍🌍🌍🌍
𝐄𝐘𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑:🦋🦋🦋🦋

𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐋 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄:
Finished this book hours ago and still struggling to find the words for this Review...To say this book shocked me is an understatement. I have read almost all the books by Author Bella J and I can guarantee that this book is nothing like you have ever read.

Elijah in book one was a great character for me...but in this book, he felt like a living breathing person...his emotions, pain, fear...everything was so clear...yet a mystery surrounds him the whole time. No one could have prepared me for the unveiling of the secrets, I am shaken to my core right now...

Charlotte's character development was admirable, from a Captive she became the queen who rules beside her King. I love how when she loved, she loved from her whole being. That's so much evident from the ending.

This was a fast-paced read for me...like I started this book and I was so engrossed that my reality seems to vanish and all that matters is finding out the truth behind the suspense. The last 25% flies through so fast...yet equally shocking. Obviously, it's a HEA...but the path towards that is never easy. I can't recommend this duet enough. This is just what every reader of Mafia Romance need, a shocking twist that will change the outlook of your world.

𝐅𝐀𝐕𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐐𝐔𝐎𝐓𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊:

“Where have you been all my life?”
“I’ve always been there.”
His fingers weaved through my hair.
“You just never saw me.”

Profile Image for Bella J..
Author 51 books1,571 followers
🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹
The Villain's Beloved is NOW LIVE!
🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹 🌹

Are you excited to see how Elijah and Charlotte's story ends? I will be super honest and say that this story even took ME by surprise 100%. Elijah proved to be something else entirely, a character unlike what I've ever written. One thing is certain. He made his way safely into my soul. I hope you all love their twisted journey! It truly is something...special.

You can grab your copy here: http://mybook.to/TheVillainsBeloved

🌹

Don't forget...
The Villain's Beloved is the conclusion to The Villain's Duet and has to be read after book 1.

Book 1 - THE VILLAIN'S CAPTIVE
Book 2 - THE VILLAIN'S BELOVED

Profile Image for Kim Whitehead.
2,211 reviews
July 15, 2021
Wow! What a twisted yet passionate story! Obsessive love! Bella J takes you on a twisted journey but her words are extremely passionate, deep and all consuming!! Sensual! The Villains Beloved was an amazing read! 5 brilliant stars!!
Profile Image for Alexandraa XX.
616 reviews286 followers
August 28, 2021
SO THIS IS THE SECOND BOOK OF THE SERIES “THE MUSICIAN OR THE VILLAIN’S CAPTIVE) and I’m glad i read it because its such a great book to read. Mysterious, thrilling, safe romantic and hot love story. The more mysterious the story gets and then more curious i am so i love stories like this🤩🤩🤩😋😋🙏🏻

The second book of this it explains about their love story... More like what their future is going to be like... It explains how the heroine finally know things about her family, the hero and what the hero knows about her family and her history... So it made me glad to read this story because i have many questions about them😁

Hopefully the third book will be coming out soon too because i need more answers!!!! Like the hero really do have a sibling? Whats its going to be like for both of them are going to search for their family?

‼️‼️‼️NO SEPARATION AND NO CHEATING

‼️‼️‼️TRIGGER: Killing, violence on enemies, death and past trauma.

‼️‼️‼️THE HERO AS ALWAYS IS SO OBSESSED WITH THE HEROINE AND ALWAYS SAYS YOU ARE MINE. MINE. MINE 🥺

‼️‼️‼️NO DRAMA WITH OW AND OM. The drama is only about their enemy tho...

‼️‼️‼️GOT MARRIED AND MAYBE SOON PREGNANT BECAUSE THE HEROINE WAS WONDERING ABOUT IT.

‼️‼️‼️VERY HOT SMUT SCENES like the hero always wants the heroine and really obsessed with her inside out 🤤🤤🤤

🌐🌐🌐➡️↘️⬇️➡️This is my own personal thoughts and opinion about the book so if thats not sit right with you or you feel I’m not being fair blablabla, please know that everybody in this world have their own different things that they like and don’t like. It may not be the same thing with you but thats okay because i am my own person and you cannot control me or tell me what to do. For example; i put ketchup (tomato sauce) on my fried chicken. You think that’s disgusting? For me its not and i’ve been eating it like that for many many years. You tell me to put another sauce and see if i like that better? I already did many many times in years but i still like the way i like it. It’s called differences between me and you and billions people in this world😊 be open minded😙 I respect people’s opinions about my opinions but in the end of the day if i say I don’t like it or i do like it, its up to me and its on me. And in the end of the day i always liked and show my respect to books and people’s opinions on books whenever that book is good or not good in my opinion 😊 Respect people’s opinions guys😙😙 I don’t want to write this down because its not really my thing to do it. To like address something like this when obviously i know the people who’s been reading my reviews many times and all the time, they are smart enough to understand and respect other people’s opinions no matter what their opinions on book or their point of view 😙😙 am i right? 💕 also there are people even though i already write “this book is different because i have my own taste of book” those people still comment my taste is this and that when HELLO… everybody have their own thoughts on books and what they want to read… why i read it then? I read it and give it a review because i have to read a book to give it a review… why not read the description book to understand before I’m going to read it? Hello just in case you haven’t notice, description books can be tricky because they write this amazing things about a book but turns out the story is so toxic. Maybe for me its toxic but not for you? YES HELLO THATS WHY US HUMAN BEING HAVE OUR DIFFERENCES, WHAT I LIKE IT DOESN’T MEAN YOU WILL LIKE IT AND EITHER WAY TOO. why i still write the review then if i just don’t like a book? Because I CAN and i want to, you cannot tell me what to do and not what to do🤪 if you still wants to be negative and be karens about my review on book after all of what i just write, i will never acknowledge you and simply ignore you because its not that hard🙏 YES MY GRAMMAR IS BAD SOMETIMES AND MAYBE ALL THE TIME BUT LUCKILY MANY PEOPLE CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT I’M SAYING🤪 ⬅️↖️↕️⬅️↩️⤴️
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Rain ♡.
87 reviews8 followers
November 12, 2022
The fact that I liked and enjoyed this book just proved to me that there is a very dark and twisted side in me!!
Profile Image for HEA PR.
43 reviews10 followers
July 13, 2021
A truly captivating read. Bella J managed to blow me away with this epic conclusion. And all the twists and turns? WOW!! I did not see them coming at all and yet they managed to bring everything full circle.

This book was truly phenomenal and one you definitely need to devour. Elijah and Charlotte's story is a MUST.

Profile Image for Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews).
1,002 reviews77 followers
July 11, 2021
5 twisted stars!!!

This is the final book in “The Villain’s Duet” and boy is it unforgettable!!

*Reader-made teaser. I acknowledge the copyrights of the photographers who own these images.

The first book there were so many questions and this book delivered ALL the answers. Damn you, Bella J. I fell hard for this story. I did not think this was going to go this way and I’m not mad at it.

“I’d fight the devil for you, Charlotte. And I’d go on my knees before God…for you.”

I think I fell in love with Elijah so hard this book. Halfway through the book I decided I was madly in love and he was probably my favorite Bella J villain. I, also, still love Charlotte very much. I think she was just what Elijah needed.

“My body, my mind, my soul, everything was set alight by this man, even if everything about him, about us, was distorted and twisted. Deep inside, if I had to be honest with myself… I wouldn’t want it any other way.”

My heart ached and it filled so many times throughout this book. The author did an amazing job of creating this crazy love story. It was the perfect combination of dark, sexy, crazy, twisted, lovely and smart with some action thrown in. This is a definite MUST read!!

**I beta read this book voluntarily and in return gave my honest review**

Profile Image for Ellie.
188 reviews6 followers
July 16, 2021
Wow. This book went in a completely different direction I thought it was going to and man what a ride. I was engrossed from the prologue to the last page. Everything we learned from book one was the beginning my friends. I was speechless by the end.

This book picks up right where the first left off with Saint paying a visit to Elijah and Charlotte on the yacht. Can we talk about Saint? That man is super intriguing and was happy to find out that he has his own duet which I am definitely going to check out. Anyway, Elijah man, there is no doubt he is one ruthless killer but damn if he isn't a romantic. He's the type of romantic where he is only soft for his lady and will literally do everything and anything for her. Charlotte is so drawn to his darkness and is torn over her feelings and what is considered "normal" in regards to their relationship. She has her insecurities but I mean she did get kidnapped after all so it's understandable she would feel this way. But those two together is something else. They are brimming with passion and are more similar than they realized. Their love scenes were so hot and you can just feel the chemistry.

This book was just one crazy ride and went in directions I couldn't foretell. I will say the ending was melancholy but given what happens it's expected. With that said, I'm looking forward to reading more from Bella J.
Profile Image for Lauren *Romancenbooks*.
243 reviews17 followers
July 26, 2021
This ending was mind blowing!! Definitely not what I expected but still so good. The fact that you keep guessing up to last second is amazing. I honestly thought I knew what would happen only to be proven wrong. I love Elijah. He is an anti-hero but he loved Charlotte so much. And she was just the perfect woman for him. The chemistry was explosive
Profile Image for Literary Temptations .
566 reviews45 followers
FOR-A-FULL-REVIEW-VISIT

MY RATING: 3*
RELEASE DATE: 26 July 2021
CLIFFHANGER: No

ARC was kindly provided for an honest review

Following that cliffhanger from book one of this series, I could not wait to get my grabby little hands on this baby. If there’s one this Bella J writes well, is sexy, complicated, broody, dark, pantie soaking men like Elijah.

"You are worth a thousand last breaths. A million fucking slit throats. That what I will do for you, my sweet cellist. I will kill every man who merely thinks he can desire you, touch you, kiss you…fuck you as I do.”

Elijah and Charlotte come alive in this book and fully submit to their feelings for one another. Elijah was a pleasure to watch grow from that man who seemed downright crazy to a man who simply loved his woman. His emotions, whatever they were; be it fear, happiness, love, anger; was always palpable and intense. And while he softened a lot during his time with Charlotte, the never really shed that sexy, dark cloud around him.

Charlotte has grown up a lot in this book. She went from a fearful captive to a strong woman fit to be a queen and stand alongside a man as intense as Elijah. I loved her loyalty to him, how she trusted him, submitted to him but stood up for herself when the time called for it.
The story was great (up until the last 10-20% of the book. We will get to that later). It was fast paced, kept the reader engaged and in suspense with the drama, the crazy, the twists. However, I have a few of gripes with it.

Firstly, for the first 70% of the book or so, it seemed like the book had been intended to go a certain direction before the author suddenly had a change of hard and changed direction and headed somewhere else with the story. I say this because at the beginning of the book, around 10% mark when Saint was on board the yacht, he cautioned Elijah about Charlotte’s safety. Went as far as to say, it was a matter of concern for the safety of another woman? Is Charlotte another woman? If so, who was the first? If it’s not her, then who?

Secondly, while I loved that this book focused solely on Elijah and Charlotte, they didn’t do much. They sailed on that yacht, they finally got out, cue the twist, the end. Seeing as it was supposed to be a mafia romance, I would have liked to see some mafia action.

Thirdly, as usual, books by this author are just so short. The end was just rushed. After a whole lot of doing nothing, bada boom, bada bam! The end!

description

Finally, that plot twist at the end

description

In my humble opinion, that was just unnecessary and quite frankly ruined it for me. Up until that point I was reading 5* book, 4.5* at worst. I think how things were in Elijah’s head was preferable to me to be honest. The drama that could have ensued looking for Ellie, Elijah getting some leads and chasing those. That could have made for some good reading. This is just a personal preference, especially because after that plot twist, the story accelerated to the end. I could have done with more time with the characters to get used to this supposed new normal and bomb-drop. Again- this is just a personal preference so keep that in mind when reading this review.

All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The suspense kept me engaged and turning the pages. The writing style and the chemistry between the pages were the shit.
December 26, 2022
This sequel was definitely shorter than the first book, but MAN was it PACKED! 😱🔥 I was actually surprised by the fact that so many events occurred in such a tiny novella! But it was truly worth reading ❤

In this second installment of the superb duology, we get to know Elijah even better than in the first. He was in one word...broken, broken beyond repair. The severity of the trauma he went through left scars that could simply not be healed. His mind created fake scenarios, convincing him they were the truth as a way of protecting him from the pain.

I couldn't cry, because no amount of tears could ease the sorrow I felt for him, that broken boy who never got to be one, trapped in the body of a man, unable to trust or share his feelings with the outside world. 💔

Charlotte was simply lost, she didn't know what to do, what to feel or what to believe or disbelieve. She knew her love for Elijah wasn't sane and yet reduced all her boundaries to ashes, boundaries she built around herself for fear of feeling and getting hurt once more.

It was hard to learn that the man she loved and now called husband was mentally unstable, and it actually unnerved me when she blamed him for lying to her, AFTER being informed he had a severe mental condition that clearly could not be cured. But it was heartwarming to see that she accepted him with his shattered pieces, and made of HIS reality her own ❤

This has to be one of THE BEST şt@łkēr romances I've ever read, and I HIGHLY recommend it! Make sure to checkout the TWs as usual before diving in 👌
Profile Image for Lydia's Bookshelf.
848 reviews181 followers
July 26, 2021
** If you have not read book 1, STOP and go do that now as this continues right where that one ends.

Now, onto my review of book #2.

Wowwww! WHATTTTT!!!

This duet definitely took a turn I did NOT even IMAGINE...AT ALL....and wow!!!

A truly captivating read, hands-down.

Bella J managed to blow me away with this epic conclusion. And all the twists and turns? To say I did not see them coming at all would be an understatement. But again, wow! I loved how everything came full circle. If I loved Elijah during book 1, I'm pretty sure he made my heart explode during this sequel.

Elijah and Charlotte's story isn't for the faint of heart. Things got complicated, and fast, and just... nothing was what it seemed. Their story was so unique and unlike anything I've read to this day. The way Bella J. ended this duet was PERFECT for who these characters were. I can't say anything more about that, but once you read it, you will understand.

Profile Image for Stephanie.
902 reviews102 followers
July 26, 2021
I’ve been looking forward to reading this for so long and I really wish that this duet was just one book. I loved Elijah and Charlotte together, but the ending was just too abrupt for my taste. I just couldn’t believe it ended right there, I needed more of a resolution. It was definitely shocking. 3.5 stars.

ARC received in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for World Of Books 65.
1,825 reviews32 followers
July 26, 2021
The Villains Beloved is the first book that has ever left me speechless. I never know what to expect when I read a Bella J. book, but I always know she is going to either surprise or shock me, well in the conclusion to Elijah and Charlotte's story Ms. J has managed to do both. I didn't see the end coming, and to be honest, I have gone back and re-read the last two chapters at least twice more because I still can't believe how it ended. And, it probably isn't the ending I would have wanted!

Once again this author has pulled no punches, it is a brutal, dark, tear-jerking, hot, stunning epic romance. If you are looking for a hallmark romance this isn't it. The Villain's Beloved is a raw gripping read, although it was light on the mafia elements that I have come to love with a Bella J story, but I guarantee you will be talking about this couple long after you turn the last page.
Profile Image for Amy Sharpe.
301 reviews2 followers
OK, first of all.... WOW

'A man who claimed to have been seduced by my music only to have me seduced by the magnetism of a wicked darkness that dripped off him like liquid temptation.'

Second.... everyone needs to read Elijah and Charlotte’s story. My god my heart...

“I love you, Charlotte.” He stepped closer. “I’ve loved you since that day I heard you play this same song. I might be a monster in this world,” he held out his hand, and I took it, standing up, “but I want to be a colossus in yours.”

Book 1 was brilliant but this one was full of twists and everything else you could want in a story.

The way Bella J writes is inspiring.

Read this book in a day, I just couldn't stop.
Profile Image for Scorpio Girl26.
289 reviews
August 7, 2021
I thought I was besotted with Saint and Mila, but she’s done it again. Straight to my heart ❤️ You are one of my absolute favorites Bella J 😘 I love your dark romantic heart.
Profile Image for Jennifer Pierson.
10.9k reviews130 followers
July 25, 2021
The Villain's Beloved is the conclusion to Elijah & Charlotte's story so YOU MUST READ The Villain's Captive (Book 1) FIRST! Elijah had taken Charlotte & despite not seeing it coming, each of them needed the other in their lives as they just worked. There are more twists & turns coming out with questions being answered (for the most part anyway), so I was on the edge of my seat cover to cover. And the heat these two generate was top notch so have a fan at the ready before diving in. This duet was highly addictive, however, I still have questions left over as it seemed like the ending was abrupt & didn't have that wrap up feel to it but that's just me. Please don't go by what I just said about the ending because at the end of the day, it's just my opinion so you know what to do to decide for yourselves! HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND! {4.5 STARS}
Profile Image for Flo₂₂.
1,143 reviews78 followers
October 17, 2021
to rushed for my liking the first part of the book, and then it's to rushed at the end! it's a open ending, we know they are together and in love BUT i freaking need an epilogue, i needed to know what they will do in the future...maybe kids? or does his condition get better? you can't just end a book like that.
Anyway over all, i liked this duet. A little more details in the plot would've made it way better.
Profile Image for Renee.
3,354 reviews35 followers
July 26, 2021

The day Elijah took me, how vowed to tame me. I tried to fight him. Tried to survive without losing my heart. But in the end, he did what he said he'd do...tame me. He clamed me so unapologetically, and I surrendered willingly. Together we found our place within the darkness. We succumbed to wicked desires and tainted intentions. And with every kiss, every touch, I allowed myself to fall deeper. Drowning within the seduction of a killer's obsession. I was reckless. Blinded by the promises of a man who wanted nothing but me. I should have known better. Guarded my heart more fiercely. After all-nothing good can come from falling for the villain.

This is the second book in The Villain's Duet. You have to read the first book, The Villain's Captive or you are not going to understand everything that is going on. This story also picks up right where the other left off and I just am struggling to review it and not give anything away. I fell further in love with Charlotte and Elijah. Just like they did with each other but there is a huge shocker of a thing that you find out in this book and I can't ruin that for anyone. But I can tell you that I loved this book even if it did break my heart. Why did it break me heart?, you might ask.....Well I can not tell you but it did. It happened and I felt it for a long time after finishing this book. Talk about a heartbreaker of an ending and I can't say a darn thing!!!! It is a beautiful story between two people and while one of them is a killer and the other is taken they still find their magic spot and revel in it. I know this review is very vague but I guess the most important thing is for you to know that I loved it!!!
Profile Image for Anika Kay.
69 reviews3 followers
July 26, 2021
This is the second book of the duet, the first one being ‘The Villain’s Captive’ (previously titled ‘The Musician’). The story is about the wonderfully talented but stage-shy Cellist, Charlotte Moore, and her cold-blooded hitman stalker, and now kidnapper Elijah Mariano.

“Every dream has sacrifices. You either make those sacrifices and live with the consequences, or live without the dream.”

This story moves quickly, just as book 1 did. Charlotte suffers from chronic pain, and I could actually feel her anguish and helplessness when she gets an attack. Elijah is an entirely different breed of dark heroes. It wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say I haven’t come across a character like him. Their chemistry is interesting, with Elijah bringing out the best in Charlotte by pushing her limits, literally, and Charlotte going from being scared and vulnerable to slowly emerging out of her shell and becoming Elijah’s biggest strength and support. Their chemistry is off-the-charts hot and downright filthy!

Btw the twist reveal in the end – boy, I did NOT see that coming! It’s a lot to take in, but aberrant storylines are Bella's speciality, so yeah, I'm totally on-board for this crazy ride!! Can't wait to see what comes next from her beautifully dark and twisted mind!

July 8, 2021
WHAT THE WHAT???!!!!! HOW.... I'M SHOCKED AND SPECCHLESS, UNDOUBTEDLY ALL OVER THE PLACE AFTER READING THIS SPECTACULAR TWISTER OF A RIDE... 😱😱😱😍😍😍.

This book picks up from right where we were left on that surprising cliffy from book 1. There are demons still haunting Elijah and Charlotte but now there's a friend, Saint, who's there to help and support them. I loved reading about Saint and Mila in this book. I'd absolutely adored them in their books and it was amazing to see them so in love.
But what I loved is how they are perfectly interspersed in Elijah and Charlotte's story. Bringing to light, a life changing and shocking truth that would never have been known about if not for them.
Elijah and Charlotte are still the captive and the prisoner. But now Charlotte is the willing prisoner and in fact is the captive in ownership of Elijah.
Things are going as roughly smooth as they can be for Elijah and Charlotte but one thing has definitely changed. That's their immense feelings and house on fire chemistry for each other.
I loved sneaking a peak in Elijah's past and hence getting to connect all the dots.
BUT THAT FREAKING TWISTER AND THAT ENDING... WOW... I WAS SHOCKED AND AFTER FINISHING THIS ONE, I NEEDED A MINUTE TO MYSELF.
I loved getting pushed and shocked into something that I'd never thought was a part of something that could change it all. Loved this filthy, awesome twister of a ride. I'm still taking it all in. What a ride for sure. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Profile Image for PP's Bookshelf.
1,991 reviews289 followers
July 26, 2021
The Villain's Beloved by Bella J. is all about passion, darkness and twisted love. The hero is broken and violent but he couldn't be any more perfect. And of course a heroine who is soft and fierce at the same time. This conclusion delivers Bella J's trademark dark romance with carnal and explosive beauty.

Elijah has kidnapped and seduced Charlotte and he claims that it was all for her protection. But can the most merciless and skilled hitman be telling all the truth? This is Charlotte's decision as secrets come out and she is in a state of emotional mess. Just how much can she trust this man who is cruel but worships at her feet?

This story has everything I love about Bella J's writing. Elijah is scarred and he has monsters in his mind. His obsession and loyalty to Charlotte is out of question. He is ready to kill anyone trying to hurt her and pull them apart. On the other hand, Charlotte is finding out about the true Elijah. And though she craves his darkness, his dominance and his depravity..she is in emotional turmoil. The chemistry is filthy and you can expect all the hotness. The storyline also had some great action packed moments. The reason it's not a five star read for me is: it ended abruptly. I seriously went back repeatedly to make sure I was not missing anything. At the end, I felt so many issues remained unresolved. The core angsty and heartbreaking part of Elijah's life was exposed to Charlotte but she just accepted it without any conversation and Elijah stayed the same.

If you love dark romance with fast paced plot, electric chemistry and all the emotions..The Villain's Beloved by Bella J. can be your next read.

I reviewed an early copy voluntarily
Profile Image for Kylee.
2,429 reviews31 followers
July 19, 2021
The conclusion to Charlotte and Elijah's story took me by surprise. There were so many twists and turns that had this story taking a sharp right hand turn when I had expected to be travelling straight ahead. My head was reeling and at times I found it just a little hard to keep up as I kept second guessing what was happening. To say this story has you in shock and taken by surprise would be an understatement. The author weaves her words and the storyline in such a way it has you on the edge of your seat unsure of what is about to take place. The Villain and his beloved will have you captured within their world and ending on what could only be described as an angsty, chaotic and twisted love story.
Profile Image for Lauren *Romancenbooks*.
243 reviews17 followers
July 26, 2021
“You are worth a thousand last breaths. A million fucking slit throats. That’s what I’ll do for you, my sweet cellist"

I am in love with Elijah!!! There is said it just don't tell my husband 😉🤣🤣 but all joking aside, I love this couple! Elijah is still my favorite anti-hero and Charlotte is the warped girl that falls for him. They are perfect together.  He is so intense and they way he loves Charlotte is (sigh) hot and disturbing all at once. The second book is fast paced and action packed but also enough steam to melt your panties!🔥🔥 I was shocked about the ending. Bella had me guessing up to last second what was going to happen and I was still wrong. This Duet was so dark and delicious.
Profile Image for Debbie Swanepoel.
26 reviews2 followers
July 16, 2021
Bella is probably my favorite author of all time. Her books always take your for a massive rollercoaster ride, and her cliffhangers always drive me nuts until the next one. But The Villain’s Beloved… Just finished it and I’m feeling unsure of how the hell I’m feeling! I loved it, absolutely brilliant. But I’m not sure if I’m happy and sad, or… Just confused… Way to mess with my emotions. Again. Only Bella can do it this way.
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Julie.
2,005 reviews26 followers
July 19, 2021
What an intensely, romantic passionate tale that takes are heroes on a twisted journey as they learn more about each other and the ride they must complete so they can be together. The Villian’s Beloved is a very sensual, addictive tale, it’s all consuming as domination and intrigue comes to the story.
What an amazing read, I loved it. I highly recommend it!
Profile Image for Amelia Foster.
Author 10 books82 followers
July 22, 2021
There are simply not words to describe the wild ride of a read that was The Villain's Beloved. It's a dark and twisted tale and yet, somehow, ends in a beautifully gripping happily ever after that set all the heartbreak leading up to it in place.

I can't say enough that Bella's unique ability with her craft is wholly responsible for such a heartwrenching, soul shattering story that puts you on an emotional roller coaster you'll never want to get off.

An absolutely phenomenal read by a brilliantly talented writer.
Profile Image for Marcie.
895 reviews37 followers
July 26, 2021
Bella has left me with my jaw dropped and the biggest book hangover after finishing the fantastic sequel to The Villian’s Captive (formerly titled The Musician). She blew me away with the twists and surprising truths.
I thought Charlotte was strong in the first book, but that was nothing compared to her strength in this sequel. I loved how she chose to handle the hard, and shocking, truths. Elijah is the perfect example of a true, heartbreakingly, “broken” antihero. When his truths are shared and then proven, my heart broke for him. But, I really enjoyed how it shows that even though he is dark, brooding and dangerous there is a man who just wants love…and when he gets it, he will go any distance to protect it.
Bella, once again, held me captive with her words and talent of writing a story with twists I didn’t see coming. The way she made the plot flow is flawless and I loved every single word.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 108 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.