Start by marking “Double Jeopardy (Sweet Valley High Super Thriller, #1)” as Want to Read:
Double Jeopardy (Sweet Valley High Super Thriller, #1)

Double Jeopardy

(Sweet Valley High Super Thrillers #1)

Hot pursuit...

When twin sisters Jessica and Elizabeth Wakefield land internships at the Sweet Valley News, they think they'll be reporting the news - but they end up making headlines when Jessica becomes an eyewitness to murder.

Then Adam Maitland, a friend of the twins' brother, Steven, is charged with the  murder. And Elizabeth has evidence that could convict him!

Jessic
Mass Market Paperback, 214 pages
Published November 1st 1987 by Bantam (first published January 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Double Jeopardy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Double Jeopardy

kylajaclyn
Synopsis: So the Wakefield twins have internships at the Sweet Valley News. Because high-schoolers go on internships all the time. 16-year-olds are barely allowed to work. I digress (already). Normally this is something Jessica would split all her ends about, but because the totally hunky (and age-inappropriate) Seth Miller works there, Jessica couldn't be more thrilled. Oh, and he's a crime novelist. Frankly, this seems more up Liz's alley, but she's infatuated with Jeffrey at the moment.

Speaki
Stacy Fetters
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sneaky-librarian
"Jessica’s heart was hammering wildly. She felt as if she was going to faint. It looked as though he was carrying a body."

Sweet Valley High turns super dark as they enter the thriller zone.

This was actually pretty good for something that was really cheesy. I mean, I know that’s the point but I wasn’t expecting much. It actually had a lot more into it than a lot of others written around the same time.

Just beware of the tall, blonde, and handsome.
Marian
In case you ever needed to know, this is the first of the SVH Thrillers. If you don't particularly like Jessica-centric books, you should avoid this one. Liz exists mostly to get things wrong and for a case of mistaken identity.

Anyway. It's summer and the twins are working at the Sweet Valley News, which makes sense for Liz, but not really for Jessica. You'd think they'd give that job to someone who might actually want it, which Jessica obviously doesn't. That is until Seth appears and Jessica f
Jodie
Oct 24, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: the-early-years
The Super Thrillers always made me happy. I never wanted them to end and I always looked forward to them.
BOOK BOOKS
I REMEMBER THIS SVH MYSTERY WHERE ELIZABETH SAW SOME DUDE PUTTING A DEAD WOMAN IN THE BACK OF HIS CAR, AND NOW I WANT TO READ IT AGAIN BECAUSE IHNI HOW IT ENDED. LOL PROBABLY JESSICA ACTUALLY KILLED THE LADY AND GOT A DUDE TO TAKE THE BLAME, AND ELIZABETH IS LIKE "OH JESSICA" AND THAT'S THE END OF IT.

LOL IT TURNS OUT IT WAS JESSICA WHO WAS THE EYEWITNESS. CONVENIENT!
Bree Lark
Oct 30, 2017 rated it did not like it
Dull. mostly skimmed through the last half of the book.
Swankivy
May 02, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Julie Decker
Jessica REALLY wants the hot mystery writer to notice her, and she thinks she has a chance when she and her twin sister Elizabeth get the internship they wanted, but then Jessica witnesses a murder and everything changes, with the wrong guy landing in jail. When too many close calls suggest the murderer is after Jessica (and Elizabeth too, since they look alike), the Wakefields have to use what he doesn't know against him to catch the real killer.

My pet peeves were hit one after the other in thi
Jen
Jul 14, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tweens_and_teens
This was my first and probably last SVH, but it was a mystery, so I might have the wrong impression about the series. There was lots of "long blond hair swaying" language, but this one had a murder. So that's why I'm giving it three instead of two stars, since I like murder.

Erm, reading about it.
Lizzie
Oct 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another adventure with the Wakefield twins. This time they are helping to prove their brother's friend is not the murderer the police think he is. I enjoyed this one a lot but I did figure out who the killer was pretty early on.
Myne
Jan 12, 2017
Heather A
Jan 02, 2012
Sam
rated it did not like it
Oct 27, 2010
Britney
May 19, 2009
Rinki Hulth
Jul 12, 2014

• In Search of Andy (Replica, #12)
  • Last Breath (Body of Evidence, #9)
  • Dawn and the Disappearing Dogs (Baby-Sitters Club Mystery, #7)
  • Three Go to the Chalet School
  • Last Date (Nightmare Hall, #11)
  • The Wedding Day Mystery (Nancy Drew, #136)
Francine Pascal (May 13, 1938— ) is an American author best known for creating the Sweet Valley series of novels. In 1982 she created the characters and the stories for the first six books and her agent, Amy Berkower of Writers House sold them to Bantam Books. Book number one is mostly written by Ms. Pascal. From then on she wrote the stories for every book ever published in the series. After the ...more

Sweet Valley High Super Thrillers (10 books)
  • On the Run (Sweet Valley High Super Thriller, #2)
  • No Place to Hide (Sweet Valley High Super Thriller, #3)
  • Deadly Summer (Sweet Valley High Super Thriller, #4)
  • Murder on the Line (Sweet Valley High Super Thriller, #5)
  • Murder in Paradise (Sweet Valley High Super Thriller, #6)
  • A Stranger in the House  (Sweet Valley High Super Thriller, #7)
  • A Killer on Board (Sweet Valley High Super Thriller, #8)
  • Summer Danger Collection (Sweet Valley High Super Thrillers, #7, #8)
  • R for Revenge (Sweet Valley High Super Thriller, #9)