Start by marking “Love, Blood, and Sanctuary” as Want to Read:
Love, Blood, and Sanctuary

Love, Blood, and Sanctuary

Haunted? Hunted? When you need a safe place from disaster, heartbreak, or gods trying to break you and drain your blood… come to Sanctuary. It’s New York’s most exclusive club for magical beings and the backdrop of three sexy stories from three award winning authors.

We Choose to Be by Megan Hart

Love is in the air…and the blood. When hemomancer Hadassah meets the woman of h
ebook
Published January 7th 2021 by NineStar Press

To ask other readers questions about Love, Blood, and Sanctuary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love, Blood, and Sanctuary

Start your review of Love, Blood, and Sanctuary
Jude in the Stars
Jun 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
One universe, three stories, linked by blood and a place called Sanctuary, a bar, a restaurant, a sex club and probably so much more, a safe place for magical beings. In Sanguine Faith by Brenda Murphy, Laurel lets herself be charmed by a seductive spirit and learns the hard way that her closest family member isn’t as protective as he claims to be. In We Choose to Be by Megan Hart, hemomancer Hadassah falls for a mysterious stranger who turns out to be a lot more than just a pretty face. In Prom ...more
Karin A
Jun 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
One book, one theme (paranormal) and three novella’s. I loved reading these shorts by Hart, Murphy and Zedde. All of them great authors and if you haven’t read one of their books earlier: this is a good pick to get to know them.

The paranormal is different from what I’ve read before because there is blood involved. I’ve seen people call it blood-play and that made me think kinky things with blood. But it luckily (for me) it was paranormal things with blood.

Although there is a overall theme, the
LaToya Hankins
Love, Blood, and Sanctuary is a collection of novellas that explores the concept of sanctuary being more than just a building. Rather through the words of Brenda Murphy, Megan Hart, and Fiona Zedde, sanctuary is finding love and belonging through connection with another-even if that another isn’t entirely human.
A building itself is the thread that connect the distinctive works. The concept of death, blood play and homophobia also play parts of each of the three works so, readers should be aware
AC
Jun 20, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arcs
Three authors, three different paranormal stories with a primary theme—blood—and one location in common. Paranormal I enjoy, some of the blood play was hard for me to handle, so much so that it took me a while to finish the entire book. Anyone who knows my reviews is aware I don’t do spoilers, so don’t expect details.

Sanguine Faith: Brenda Murphy
First, I love the dedication by Murphy. This was an intriguing story concept and Murphy’s style of writing always develops interesting characters who dr
Latanya Carter
Jun 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Promises Made by Starlight by Fiona Zedde

I loved this story. Maybe I am just a sucker for romance and love. This past year has been so hectic that all anyone could do was imagine being someplace else. Why not live in a fantasy where you are the object of a gorgeous woman’s affection. However, she is not just any woman. She is one of the most powerful gods in her world.

Imagine being the most powerful god of your kind and then have to leave the woman you love because your family of gods want her d
Bronwyn Heeley
This is a well written and read book, with 3 stories that are soft and sweet and quiet, I think is how you’d put it and apparently that’s not what I was looking for when reading this.

I think this will be something for a lot of people even if it wasn’t for me. I found it on the boring side and found myself not paying attention by 30% into each story. I’m not sure what I was expecting, but this book found itself to be every type of PNR I generally don’t mesh all that well with. I did know 1 wouldn
Juniper Greer-Ashe
Jun 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
All three of the stories in this collection share exactly what the title describes, and through that present mixtures of magic, romance, danger, and choices with momentous consequences -- pretty much everything you could want from a love story. Ghosts, demons, demigods and chaos...how does that not make for great romances? While they're each compelling, my favorite story is "Promises Made by Starlight" which has protagonists with dangerous secrets, a love big enough to reshape reality, and more ...more
Jan Dahm
Jun 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Love, Blood, and Sanctuary is a very sexy collection of three distinct f/f stories that blend seamlessly in the same dark magical world. Each author adds characters, depth, and substance to their own exposition of the titled themes that are woven throughout each novella. Brenda Murphy fans will enjoy danger and romance with a hint of kink and dominance, perfect for readers with a discerning paranormal palate. Megan Hart expands the world with a hesitant love and a mysterious stranger, all told w ...more
Gail
Jun 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What is the Sanctuary? So many descriptions and meanings depending on the storyline. Three tales by a trio of fence pushing authors Ms. Zedde, Ms. Murphy and Ms. Hart. Each plot is clever and interwoven and imbued with the author's specific style - sex, love, magic and beyond.
Open the door and step into Sanctuary - a place, world, time frame - you won't be disappointed. A wonderful escape from real life!
Mrs LM
Jun 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book is 3 separate stories with a place called The Sanctuary as it's common theme. Other than that they are standalone stories about demons, ghosts, and the like. All three quickly drew me in even though it seemed like their could be no good outcome. But the maybe the impossible can become possible with some clever weaving of magical words. Great book.

Em Lewis
Jun 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book, I do like a paranormal story and this book had that and a bit more.
Brenda Murphy had her touch kink and throw in some spirits.
Megan Hart I thought was more a romance with an other worldly being.
Fiona Zedde was romancing a God, so to speak, read it and you will know what I mean.
Great collaboration by Murphy, Hart and Zedde the MHZ crew.
Vanessa
Ava
Jun 20, 2021
Jovan
Jun 18, 2021
Brenda Murphy writes short fiction and novels. She loves tattoos and sideshows and yes, those are her monkeys. When she is not swilling gallons of hot tea and writing, she wrangles two kids, two dogs, and one unrepentant parrot. She reviews books, blogs about life as a writer with ADHD and publishes photographs on her blog Writing While Distracted.

Librarian note: There is more than one author in t

News & Interviews

Jordan Morris is a comedy writer and podcaster whose credits include @Midnight, Unikitty! and Earth to Ned.  The sci-fi comedy Bubble is his...