Jump to ratings and reviews

Ancient Quest Mystery #2

The Lost Metal Library

Deep within Ecuador’s rainforest lies a vast subterranean world, and an incredible, yet dangerous secret…

The Tayos Caves System in Ecuador is one of the most astonishing, yet mysterious places on earth. It hides wondrous secrets, both ancient and deadly.

Rick Braeden has heard rumors of what treasure these hidden caves might hold, potentially one of the greatest discoveries of all time. Driven by a desire to prove himself and write his name into the history books, he hopes to uncover the truth of The Lost Metal Library and bring this discovery to light.

However, a shadowy enemy also seeks to possess this discovery and will let nothing, and no one, stand in their way.

Seeking this place of untold wonder may give Rick everything he ever hoped for, or cost him everything, even his life…

Fun Fact about The Lost Metal Library:

In 1976, astronaut Neil Armstrong was part of a British expedition, led by an explorer & civil engineer from Scotland, Stan Hall, to the Tayos Caves System in Ecuador. Over 100 people, including those from multiple scientific disciplines, members of two militaries, skilled & experienced cavers, as well as a film crew, participated. It was a massive undertaking; one of the most extensive & costliest of its kind in history. They were not only mapping the extensive region, they were in search of hidden passageways, & lost ancient artifacts, including a metal library. They didn't find it. However, Neil Armstrong described the adventure as "right up there with the moon landing."

*******

The Lost Metal Library is a standalone novel and is the second book in the Ancient Quest Mystery Series, by Rai Aren, the co-author of The Secret of the Sands Trilogy, which explores the mysterious Great Sphinx of Giza and so much more!

Author's note: You can get the first Ancient Quest Mystery, the novella Lost City of Gold, for FREE by signing up to my mailing list at: raiaren(dot)com

Go on this unforgettable archaeology adventure today!

From Rai Aren

I love reading & writing archaeology adventure stories. I have been fascinated by the ancient world my whole life. In my stories, I hope to not only entertain you & give you a memorable & fun adventure to go on, but I am also exploring the meaning of life while doing so. I look forward to sharing the journey with you!

*****

5-stars, June 6th, 2021: The Lost Metal Library Reviewed by Lit Amri for Readers' Favorite

“The nervous and scared, yet determined, foursome headed out onto the highway, for the long, almost four-hour drive east from Cuenca, nearly all the way to the border with Peru. Into the rainforest and into the unknown. Hoping against hope that all was not already lost.” Rick Braeden vows that he will be the one to find a mysterious lost metal library, filled with powerful ancient and otherworldly knowledge. It's located somewhere in the Tayos Caves system in the rainforest of Ecuador. Unfortunately, a powerful organization is also interested in the ancient site and they are willing to sacrifice lives to find it. The Lost Metal Library is the second installment of the Ancient Quest Mystery series by Rai Aren.

Set in the region of South America that is rich with history and biodiversity, the story premise of The Lost Metal Library uses both facts and fiction in this fast-paced and well-developed plot. With a combination of actual locations and a fictionalized ancient site, the world-building is sufficiently vast for characters who have their own agendas; the protectors, the rescuers, the power-hungry organization, the one who seeks personal justification, and a complex antagonist who’s looking to achieve unlimited success. As the clear and engaging narrative contributes to the story’s sense of suspense and mystery, the way the power that resides in the ancient library affects the characters differently is fascinating; the knowledge it offers is unlike one would expect. Simply put, this second volume of Rai Aren's Ancient Quest Mystery is a great read for fans and newcomers alike as its ending promises more archaeological adventures for Rick and his newfound friends.

196 pages, Kindle Edition

Published May 14, 2021

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Rai Aren

10 books138 followers
I’m a total geek who loves reading & writing archaeology adventure stories, cuddling kitties, watching sci-fi & mystery shows, & I’m a vegan animal rights supporter - love to all, harm to none :)

I’ve been fascinated by ancient Egypt since childhood & love anything to do with the ancient world. Co-authoring the The Secret of the Sands Trilogy was a dream come true for me. I’m currently writing new stories in my Ancient Quest Mystery series & more. My latest release is the archaeology adventure novel The Lost Metal Library:

You can get a FREE ebook copy of the first story in my Ancient Quest Mystery series, the novella Lost City of Gold, by signing up to my mailing list - just click on this link or the image below: raiaren.com/Subscribe
You will also get other exclusive bonuses & news on upcoming releases by being a part of my mailing list :)

Below is more info on the Secret of the Sands stories:

The Secret of the Sands Trilogy is an archaeology adventure series that combines alternate historical fiction & speculative sci-fi to explore ancient Egyptian history & the mysterious Great Sphinx of Giza in a time before the Pharaohs. The novel has a double storyline where the past & present intertwine, as each sheds more light on the other...Secret of the Sands is a little bit like mixing INDIANA JONES + THE MUMMY + NATIONAL TREASURE & is suitable for young adult to adult readers :)

Click on the image below to find the trilogy at your favorite retailer:

"A deep probing mystery riddled with prophecy and danger, Secret of the Sands uses Egypt and her mythology as a backdrop to delve into the meanings of life and religion." -McNally Robinson

"Rai Aren and Tavius E. have crafted a fast-paced, exciting novel overflowing with mystery and intrigue. The tension is constant. The characters fully developed. And the plot gripping. Ancient history and present day relevance are so expertly intertwined, that you might forget you are reading a work of fiction." -Thomas Phillips, author of The Molech Prophecy

******

Happy reading always, Goodreads friends!

Rai Aren

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
2 stars
1 (4%)
1 star
0 (0%)

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.