Start by marking “Master's Schiavo” as Want to Read:
Master's Schiavo

Master's Schiavo

Patience, humility, subservience, gratitude… these are the virtues of a schiavo, qualities that Giovanni not only demonstrates in serving his Master but has internalized since his training began three years ago. Master makes the rules, Master enforces them, and Giovanni thrives on the structure and discipline his Master provides.

But Master, a New York City crime lord, must
Published June 27th 2021 by Laura Lascarso

To ask other readers questions about Master's Schiavo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Master's Schiavo

Start your review of Master's Schiavo
Jan
**** 4.5 Stars ****

Updated: Sorry for bumping this again guys, but the story is not letting me go and so I'm changing my rate.

I think Laura Lascarso's writing was something else. 🖤✨🖤
Gio was an extraordinary character, to be inside his box and his head was a jaw dropping trip. 🤯🖤😱🖤
The strong and unbreakable bond Gio and his Master shared was absolutely stunning. 🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤
The only reason I'm not splashing a full 5* is that Signore was no Master.

What a moving story!

I loved Giovanni and his introsp
Lieve
Jul 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-romance
Is it possible to fall so much in love with a book and still be left heartbroken at the end ? Well ..YES , it is !!!! This book definitely did that to me !

After finishing this incredible and deeply poignant story, it still took me a few days to find the right words and write down this review .

Master’s Schiavo is the emotionally and painfully but so beautiful love story between a slave Gio and his very possesive master Valentin Fortuna who trained his slave with love and a very firm hand  .Don ‘
cal ☁️
Jul 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
content warning for: drug abuse, rape, depressing stuff (idk how to word this properly!!)

"Patience, humility, subservience, gratitude… these are the virtues of a schiavo."

I loved this. I wasn't ready for the greatness this book will eventually bring. This story is one of the most beautiful written. I wanted to write more in this review but I'm just so tired at this moment. Earlier, I was lying in my bed while reading this and when I finished it there were these emptiness and fullness
Layla
I received an ARC from the author and this is my honest review.

3. 75 stars.

Note that this is not a regular MMM... Gio and Valentin are the original couple, Silvio is Valentin's brother but NOTHING happens at all between the brothers. THIS IS NOT TABOO.

I'm conflicted of how to rate this book. On one hand, it was beautiful, heartwrenching and hopeful. On the other it became too morose for me towards the end which kind of decreased my enjoyment of the book.

The book was gearing up to be a 4.5-5
Kazza
This book is amazing. The writing is magnificent. I devoured it. Master and his schiavo. Just... wow!! This was an achingly beautiful story. Out of this world characters. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Signore, a very welcomed inclusion.

The psychology. The philosophical references. Epictetus and stoicism and virtues and BDSM and the Biblical references. So much to unpack. It's also hot AF.

description

I have to go to bed now. Good luck to me because, shit fuck damn, my Kindle just dropped and my jaw just opened, for reason
True Loveislovereview
5+++ stars What a glorious story, I was floored and deeply moved by it.
My heart hurts and my eyes are blurry, it goes beyond any expectation I had.

The Master/slave dynamic was masterly and stunningly written. The love and devotion were from out of this universe, it was immense, I felt everything!

Valentin Fortuna is a good Master, taking care of every aspect of Giovanni’s life.
He’s older than young Giovanni, taking care of the family business, he can be shady, but Gio’s well-being is the most imp
Szidi ☼
Jul 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't recommend this book.
But if you want your soul and heart ripped out of your body, go ahead and read it. You will cry your eyes out, you will sob into your pillows and you won't know what to do with yourself after finishing the book. But be my guest and read it.

Oh my gosh.

My heart is in million pieces. What in the hell. When you can't trust in BDSM books, what's there left to you, what?! I can't form coherent words right now, because Master... oh god, Master.

This book is one of my favorite
Donna
Jul 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars! Beautiful.
ML
Jun 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Emotional and intense journey for slave Gio and his Master.
Gio has had a very difficult and trauma inducing childhood. The things he went through will break your heart. His Master gives him structure and purpose. It’s what he needs. You question the methods as the story goes forward but when you get down to it Gio wants this life. Craves it even.

Moving to Italy, a new dynamic unfolds. Silvio, the Master’s brother is introduced….You know there is an underlying reason but it’s not revealed until
Hellie Heat
Jun 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I’m at a loss for words. I just finished and I’m broken hearted and uplifted and I feel all the feelings. This book really moved me.
Not only was it incredibly well written, it was sexy and poignant and heart breaking. There wasn’t a moment when I wasn’t completely intrigued. I didn’t want to put it down.
Giovanni is such a complex character. And Master. Don’t get my started on Master. I’m not usually one for sharing in books but this worked. Sir and Master were two halves to a whole and hon
Siobhan Flynn
Jun 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I don't think I have ever been emotionally eviscerated by a book and it came completely out of left field. Utter devotion and care are portrayed but the root of it all is pleasing the one you hold in the highest esteem. I genuinely don't like to try and guess what will happen in a book I Iike it all to just unfold naturally but there were clues to what would happen and I nearly didn't finish it because I knew heartbreak awaited me. I absolutely loved this book it was the most beautiful yet painf ...more
Rin Pet
Jun 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I really struggled with how to review this honestly while also making sure who reads this review understands that this is a really brilliantly written book.

But it is not for the faint of heart. It is from one perspective and it is a HEAVY perspective. It is dark and obsessed but devoted and horny. By 70%, I didn’t think I could take much more, but that final 30% took me apart and left me totally unsettled by the end. And the end is more of a HFN.

There are aspects of this book that are so brill
Light
Jun 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
Wow emotional overload!
Sailor
Jun 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
4.5 ★

“Please, Sir,” I plead.
“Please what, Giovanni?” Sir asks. Master gives me what I need, but Sir gives me what I want. Even still, I have to ask for it, or beg.

I can’t get over the last couple of chapters. I just can’t. I feel like I need to binge rom-coms and eat a large amount of ice cream to wash out all these feelings. Beautifully written and completely different from A Soft Touch (first book that I read by Laura Lascarso).

description

Almost the entire first half of the book is focused on Giova
Mia Kerick
Jul 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Laura Lascarso’s Master’s Schiavo stands apart from any other romance I have read. It’s deeply poignant—drawing forth a wide range of intense reader emotions—and lacks frivolity (which is fitting and appreciated in this type of love story). A week after completing the story, I’m left considering the nature of true devotion to a lover. The dire needs of both men are addressed and met through the slave/master relationship in a way that is utterly serious, sometimes grim, and with potential life or ...more
Phoebe
Jul 15, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Giovanni a young man with a tortured soul and dark past lives as a full-time slave with a much older dominant, Valentin. Gio belongs to his master in every possible way: body, mind and soul. He lives in a mostly isolated world carefully constructed by Master, a world that shelters him not just from the outside but the demons living inside his head.

It’s an overwhelming turn of events when Silvio takes charge as Gio’s caretaker while Master is back in New York. Silvio (Sir) doesn’t fully understa
J H
Jul 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This was my very first book by Laura Lascarso but it certainly won’t be the last. Absolutely beautifully written, luscious and exotic, this book was amazing. A delicate balance of need, desire and submission - Master, schiavo and Signore are sheer perfection.
Cat
Jul 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect mix of spice, plot, and emotions!

Oh wow. I was expecting this book to be fun, k!nky, steamy times, but it was that and so much more. I liked how the author thrusts the reader right into the middle of an established D/s relationship, then gradually walks the reader through their love and devotion for each other. There is such a deep bond and love between Master and schiavo. I was in tears over some of the achingly tender moments. Without ruining anything, I'll just say that the ending isn
Lisa
Jun 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow this book really got to me. It was so well written and was such an emotional journey that I am still recovering as I write this. It is told entirely from Giovanni's POV and that really works here. This poor, broken boy endured so much before his life was literally saved by his Master. Some of it was tough to read, some of it was hard to rationalize, but all of it was simply brilliant. There were so many layers to this story that were expertly peeled back as the book progresses. I'm not going ...more
MWLgal
I pick this up just by chance. Beautifully written, intriguing characters, super hot. Grab your tissues at the end. Highly recommended.
Linda
Jun 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing

What a journey this story has been, a beautifully written tale of total power exchange. A story of love, service, friendship, sacrifice and self discovery. I loved how Giovanni was so honest with himself and his Master and Sir, it was refreshing. He’s very self aware and as he’s fighting his demons my heart went out to him. Valentin as his Master knew just how to heal him and how to help him heal himself. This total power exchange was presented with no shame and a constant reminder that the offe
CAROLINA
Jun 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: may-21
Amazing book! Full of emotions, angst, love, and all the feels. It has many layers that the author unfolds one by one so that Giovanni's story is fully presented to the reader. It's impossible not to feel his pain. I love how raw and sensitive Giovanni is. A lover of the arts and so culturally educated, his view of the world has a poetic nuance that enchanted me. A boy who has been broken so many times but still finds the beauty in things. There are many references to art and philosophy, it's fa ...more
Heather
Jun 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, green
The thing I love most about reading Laura's books is you never, ever know what you're going to get - and I mean that in the best possible way!

On the surface, this can be mistaken for a book simply powerful, rich men living a BDSM lifestyle. But it's so much more than that. Matthew was a spoiled boy whose life was punctuated with horrible violence, neglect and abuse. Raised by the head of a power Mafia family, Matthew dies only to rise again as Gio - a man whose only purpose is to serve his Mast
Brandyn L
Jun 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book is just intensely beautiful and heart wrenching. Wonderfully written with characters whose relationships feel completely organic and personal to the reader.

By the end of chapter one I am thoroughly overwhelmed, broken down, and completely hooked.

shiavo has stolen my heart; his tragedy & turmoil, his love, his loyalty.

The thought, love, and pure dedication that Master has put into shiavo’s care is truly awe inspiring. Their utter devotion to each other is enviable.

"𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘥 𝘢𝘭𝘸
Jessica Bardo
Jun 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A passionate love letter to a beautiful D/s relationship

Laura Lascarso’s Master’s schiavo is a highly intelligent, intensely emotional story about a deep and abiding love. It is as beautiful as it is heartbreaking. While being highly sexual explicit it wasn’t gratuitous rather, it was passionate and erotic. It pushed me to understand the characters dynamic and their needs in a way that I would not have previously considered. It’s characters were exquisitely written in the kind of detail that I
Peachyteach
Jun 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I was honored to receive on ARC of Master’s Schiavo, and gobbled it up in one weekend I first discovered the wonderful work of Laura Lascarso with The Mortal and Divine series. I was blown away with the lyrical quality of her writing and how it drew me in and made me feel a part of the narrative. Master’s Schiavo had that same ethereal quality, and I absolutely loved it.
I’ve not read many D/s books, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. And while we are thrown into the lifestyle of Giovanni, Master,
J
Jul 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, this was quite a read. A D/s relationship that becomes a D/D/s relationship, the s being a young man brutalized in his early years and only being able to function with his mental demons with a strict domination by his "Master" and then his "Sir" (the Master's brother) being brought into the picture also.

The sex/BDSM is often and sometimes I found it cruel. But the whole thing was consensual (and, I have to agree, probably necessary) so the boy could have some kind of life. At first when "S
Kit
Jul 10, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
BDSM themed books are not something I search out to read, in fact I usually stay clear from them as much as possible. But then there is the conundrum when a writer you respect and enjoy reading publishes a book in a genre that makes you uncomfortable.
This book has been on my queue since coming out but I have been battling myself to read it. I finally broke down 2 days ago.
Did this book make me uncomfortable, at times very. But this book also broke my heart, for Gio and for Master. And I fell in
Haylee Wireman
Jun 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Laura Lascarso is quickly becoming the standard on which I judge other M/M books. Her writing is so raw and real and gives me all the feels always and this one was no exception!
I’ll not lie, I saw the writing on the wall about 20% in when Sir came into the dynamic that was Master and Giovanni. There was some impressive foreshadowing there.
And my heart ached. And then it soared. Then the last few chapters were written so eloquently that I, a stoic unemotional reader, shed tears. But the growth t
SaraB
Jul 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I love it. Love love love, love it. It's just too bad that Italian books (as in Italian themed) are really more Italo-American. We do not use sugar in most pasta. We do not call noodles... They're a type of pasta, and you just said it's spaghetti. Just like in another book, the Italian hero, Talon (!), tips like mad, wears a holiday sweater and drinks pumpkin latte. No. Gravy, as we Italians call it. No we don't. ...more
LGBT > Gay
See top shelves…
Laura Lascarso wants you to stay up way past your bedtime reading her stories. She aims to inspire more questions than answers in her fiction and believes in the power of storytelling to heal and transform a society.

When not writing, Laura can be found screaming “finish” on the soccer fields, rewatching Avatar: The Last Airbender, and trying to convince politicians to act on climate change. She l

News & Interviews