Start by marking “Play For Me: The Balefire Series” as Want to Read:
Play For Me: The Balefire Series

Play For Me: The Balefire Series

Jack
When I made my deal with the devil, I thought I was on my way to my rock 'n' roll dream. Too bad I didn't read the fine print. Having it all meant giving up the only girl I knew I'd ever love. Five years later, I'm drumming in the hottest rock band in the country, but I live like a monk.
Fate hands me an opportunity to reconnect with my perfect girl, giving me one glori
Kindle Edition
Published May 27th 2021 by Amazon.com Services LLC

To ask other readers questions about Play For Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Play For Me

Start your review of Play For Me: The Balefire Series
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.Everything about this book called to me. The cover, it features a musician, and it’s a second chance romance. The author may have new to me, but it didn’t matter. I am always on the lookout for new authors.

Play For Me by Tam Derudder Jackson is the first book in the Balefire series. It introduces Jack Whitehorse and Clio Barnes. Jack and Clio were high school sw
Aug 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
ARC received for review

I read and enjoyed Ms. Jackson's paranormal Talisman series, so I decided to see what she could do with a rock band.

I enjoyed Jack and Clio's journey, but at times there was too much silence between them. Clio would let that silence grow too big in her head. When they were together, it was beautiful and hot. Loved the band mates and her friends. Her parents were a real piece of work, and there was no real resolution to the drama with them.
Puppybhai
Jul 14, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, boyband
This is a story about Jack and Clio. It's a second-chance romance. I enjoyed the beginning of the story and how Jack was not ashamed to admit that he loves Clio. So I had many expectations from the story and I would see the potential to achieve those. But sadly halfway through the story, I started to see many plot holes and left scratching my head about certain actions done by the characters.

I did enjoy the scenes with the baby and how h's friends were so supportive of her. Overall it was an ok
Jeannie Zelos
Jun 03, 2021 rated it liked it
Play For Me, The Balefire Series Book One, Tam DeRudder Jackson

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews
Romance
Genre: romance, general fiction

Well, rock/film star romance is my catnip – but there's an awful lots of it around and much is just No, No, No for me so I'm cautious. However this was a fun read and I enjoyed it, but sadly it lacked the magic spark to make it into a great read for me.

I liked Clio and her friends, they were very clearly written, I could feel the bond between them.
Jack and
Gigi Birtie
Sep 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Play For Me is one of my favorite new rock romances! Jack & Clio had me on the edge of my seat, flipping page after page, thirsty to have more! Tam really knocked this one out of the park for me and is one of my new favorite romance authors!
Alyssa B | catsandbookstacks
Thank you Tam DeRudder Jackson, NetGalley and WarriorRomancePress for providing this eARC in exchange for an honest review!

Play For Me by Tam DeRudder Jackson is a sweet and sexy adult contemporary romance following a five year love story. Blinded by the opportunity at making it big in a rock band, Jack Whitehorse mistakenly signs away his chances with Clio Barnes. The two meet throughout the years in alternating POV chapters ending with a solid HEA.

I’m a sucker for tattooed rock stars and this
Sandy S
Jun 05, 2021 rated it liked it
3.5 stars-3.5 stars--PLAY FOR ME is the first instalment in Tam DeRudder Jackson’s contemporary, new adult BALEFIRE erotic, romance series focusing on the members of the rock band Balefire. This is Balefire drummer Jack Whitehorse, and nursing student Clio Barnes’ story line.

Told from dual first person perspectives (Clio and Jack) PLAY FOR ME follows the second chance romance between Balefire drummer Jack Whitehorse, and nursing student Clio Barnes. At the age of eighteen, Jack Whitehorse found
May
*I was kindly sent this in exchange for an honest review via Netgalley*

This book was meh. It wasn't bad but it also didn't blow me away. Usually, I am very opinionated when it comes to a book. But with this, I finished it a couple of hours ago now and it's not really impacted me at all. It's not bad enough to insight rage or anger towards it but also it wasn't anything special that made me enjoy it necessarily.
I am a lover of band romances or music in a plot in general so the fact this left me f
Kelsey
May 31, 2021 rated it liked it
2.5/3 stars

There is a lot of great potential in this book but it doesn’t quite hit the mark.

This is a second chance, accidental pregnancy romance about Jack, a drummer for a famous rock band, and Clio, a college studying to become a nurse. Jack and Clio dated in high school but circumstances separated them, but when they are reunited fire years later, sparks fly.

Overall, the storytelling, steam, and Clio as a character really work in this book. Clio is much more fleshed out than Jack and it i
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
May 31, 2021 rated it really liked it
From the moment Jack met Clio in high school he knew he wanted to be with her forever, she was everything he wanted. Well, that and a music career. So, when he was offered the chance of a lifetime, an opportunity to play drums professionally in a band he jumped at the chance, and signed on the dotted line. Not realizing that his dream to play would cost him the girl he wanted for always. Being with her was now forbidden, so he did the only thing he could do and walked away.

But he never stopped t
Jessi Overton
Jun 18, 2021 rated it liked it
I like this book but I think I might be in here minority here about my review. I loved Jack I thought he was awesome besides the crap hand he was dealt from Harrison and Clio. Granted he needed to grow up but he didn’t have ten months to make plans that would work for him and his new family. You might say how did Clio deal him a crap hand. Well first she walks out on him and cuts off all ways he could communicate with her. Then she didn’t plan to tell him that she was pregnant despite what she s ...more
Hopefulromantik
Jun 09, 2021 rated it liked it
Clio and Jack were forced apart by her meddling father who thought Jack was not good enough for her. Although Jack would have loved to fight for her and their relationship, he could not do this because he had signed on for a chance at chasing his dream not knowing that it also meant he had to give up the girl of his dreams.

I loved that the story was written from the perspective of the two characters as we are able to understand what they were both thinking and feeling at different stages but Ja
Haley Puryear
Aug 14, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
I received this book from NetGalley, and it is the ultimate miscommunication read.

If miscommunication is your favorite trope, this is your book. It follow the story of high school sweethearts, Clio, a rich girl that always wanted to be seen and loved, and Jack, a poor boy that dreamed of playing his music for millions. Jack gets the opportunity of a lifetime for an audition with a popular local band but the contract he gets from Clio's father (that he signs without reading) comes with strings a
Nikki
May 25, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgally
Play For Me: The Balefire Series: Book One by Tam DeRudder Jackson
Publisher: Warrior Romance Press
Genre: General Fiction (Adult) | Romance
Publication Date: May 27, 2021

Play For Me is the first book in The Balefire Series by Tam DeRudder Jackson. This is the first book I've read by the author, but it won't be the last.

I really enjoyed this book. I thought the characters were really interesting and the story was good. I really got drawn into it. Then the book ended and jumped into an epilogue tha
Angelica Bailey
Aug 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful second chance romance full of so much emotion and a never ending amount of heart. I couldn't get enough of this book and these characters. I loved the dynamic between Jack and his Balefire band mates even though Dakota did cause some issues trying to be funny. The same goes for Clio and her friendship with Annabelle and Stacy. They are truly an amazing trio.

I loved how Clio and Jack always found their way back to each other even after everything bad or complicated happened between th
May 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
First book in a outstanding new series!! I knew it was gonna be good but I didn’t know I would be going on a emotional roller coaster. This is a beautiful second chance love story.

Jack Whitehorse is living his dream but in the process it cost him the only girl he ever loved. As the drummer of Balefire one of the most suspenseful rock bands around he is now gonna do anything it takes to get her back into his life.

You were everything I ever wanted. You were everything I ever needed. But I let my
Nix
Jun 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this second chance romance with a rockstar theme and I'm thrilled that book 2 in the series is due out in the next few months.

Only child Clio has been a disappointment to her controlling parents ever since she was born a girl. When she starts dating and going to the prom with Jack, who according to her parents Meredith and Harrison have got the wrong surname and heritage, they quickly step in to put an end to the relationship. Harrison tricks Jack into signing a cont
Brigitte
Aug 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
The storyline of the first installment in this series is an emotional rollercoaster. It's a second chance romance that is full of obstacles at every possible turn.

Jack is the drummer of a famous band. To get there, he is tricked into signing away what is most valuable to him. He is cornered and has no way of explaining his behaviour. Clio doesn't understand why he has suddenly changed. Five years later, they reconnect and even then, things go wrong after they think that all will be well. He is n
Ethel the Bookworm
Jul 31, 2021 rated it liked it
There is so much packed into this book that it soon gets too much and the story therefore seems rushed. Elements that warrant deeper examination (like Clio's pregnancy without the love of her life, the relationship with her parents, and Jack's connection with the band) get neglected in favor of banter and lengthy descriptions of fashion attire. Both of which bring nothing to the story. I'd prefer a deeper character development rather than description of mundane props.
The story line is great and
Michelle
Aug 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book a lot. The premise of the book intrigued me from the start. Clio and Jack have been drawn to each other from the start in high school. She comes from the richer area of town, and her parents want her to be with someone they approve of. Jack is looking to further his career in his band that he’s about to sign with and they are torn apart. 5 years later after reuniting they are blessed with a surprise. Obstacles after obstacles are in the way of these two. I really enjoyed this ...more
Elena
May 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is my first Tam DeRudder Jackson book and I loved it! This book was well written and had me entranced immediately! This book is a perfect intro to mature books which is why I recommend this book to anyone 18+ who is looking to get into more mature and intimate books (if you know what I mean)
This book features clear time jumps that aren’t confusing and are impressively written. The author stays true to the characters beliefs and how they evolve throughout the story.
Jack and Clio are meant f
Chelle
May 30, 2021 rated it liked it
Victoire Delforge
Jun 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Thank you NetGalley and the publisher for giving me access to an e-arc of this book in exchange of my honest opinion !
I really enjoyed this book ! More than I thought I would. There was drama, sexy-time, romance and even more drama. While I like a good romance I hate it when everything is easy and perfect and everyone love each other. When I read romance books I want Drama with a capital D and this book delivered.
I was hooked and read it in one sitting. I will definitely check other books by th
Wendy
Aug 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is a second chance rock star romance. It takes place a few years after high school. Jack and Clio haven't seen each other and their break up wasn't an easy one for either of them. Jack is now a hot shot drummer and Clio is in her third year of college. Convinced to attended a Balefire concert by one of her best friends Clio doesn't realize she will be coming face to face with Jack,the boy she never could get over. I really enjoyed this book in the beginning it really caught my attention and ...more
Jessica Keilani
Jul 04, 2021 rated it liked it
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This book is a super fast paced, quick read. It’s a second chance rockstar romance.The plot was easy to follow and the characters were likeable for the most part. Some of the events and decisions made by characters seemed a little unrealistic to me but I was able to overlook those things while reading. Some areas may have benefited from a little more depth/detail but otherwise it was a good read!
Emily
Jun 06, 2021 rated it it was ok
It wasn’t problematic, just SUPER cliche.
Ashley
Jun 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
I recieved an arc copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. This is a fun lighthearted read for those who love rock star romances and second chance love stories.
Coco.V
Aug 14, 2021 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arc
💝 ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. 💝
Aug 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
Super cliche, sure. But I really liked it. I think it was a little rushed as the end.
Jessica Kimbel
Jul 13, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Jack and Clio were high school sweethearts until her father intervened and torn them apart. Clio doesn’t know the truth and believes Jack left her for his music career. All Jack can dream about is one day running into Clio again and making everything right. He gets his chance when she shows up at his band, Balefire’s concert and attends the after party. They share a amazing night together, but scared off by his band mates’ pranks, Clio flees and refuses to speak to Jack. What will it take for Ja ...more

• The Dating Dare (A Sweet Mess, #2)
  • Savage: An Enemies to Lovers Mafia Romance
  • Hit it and Quit it (Island of Love #2)
  • The Introvert's Guide to Online Dating (The Introvert's Guide, #1)
  • Rattlesnake Road (A Small Town Mystery Romance)
  • The Casanova (The Miles High Club, #3)
  • The Kings of Kearny
  • A Thin Disguise (Richter, #2)
  • One Night Only
  • Bad Intentions (The Prescotts, #4)
  • Imperfect
  • When Sparks Fly
  • Unforgettable You
  • Witch Please (Fix-It Witches, #1)
  • The Charm Offensive