Jump to ratings and reviews

Bloo Moose #8

Reaching For Family

Jenna learned early that family wasn’t safe. As Bloo Moose’s vet, she’s determined to find her patients loving homes even if she knows the same isn’t possible for her.

Noah Washington promised his adoptive parents he’d save their farm and now he’s bought almost all of it back. Only one acre to go but it belongs to a woman who makes his own guarded heart seem vulnerable.

After a decade as an Army Ranger, Noah’s alpacas are supposed to ensure him of a peaceful life but someone is targeting them. Or Jenna.

As the danger escalates, Jenna and Noah build a wary trust but they’ll need to learn the true meaning of family if they want the farm—and themselves—to survive.
***
Reaching For Family is the 8th book in the Bloo Moose romantic suspense series. Each book can be read as a standalone. The book contains some strong language and sexy times. Enjoy.

ebook

Published August 10, 2021

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Jemi Fraser

20 books48 followers
Jemi Fraser writes romantic suspense filled with hope, heart, and humour. Her stories combine her love of mystery with the satisfaction of a Happy Ever After. Love is always worth the risk!

Find Jemi's books
Kobo https://bit.ly/3GxTeLd

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
16 (72%)
4 stars
6 (27%)
3 stars
2 stars
1 star
Displaying 1 - 13 of 13 reviews
Profile Image for C. McKenzie.
Author 22 books421 followers
September 29, 2021
Veterinarian Jenna Wilkes never meets an animal she doesn't love or isn't willing to take care of, and her plan is to continue to do that while saving for a more secure future for herself. But when her peaceful barn is invaded by a herd of alpacas and a disturbingly handsome cowboy who claims he owns the property she's "squatting" on, her plans get switched up a bit.

This could have been a simple boy meets girl romance, but Fraser kicks the story into high gear with some unexpected danger that heightens the tension and keeps you reading to the end.

Reaching For Family is a satisfying story that combines some of the greatest animal characters I've read in a long time. Who wouldn't love to have a goose named Dragon, a goat named Zilla, and a herd of alpacas, each named for a Star Wars character? The town of Bloo Moose is populated with the kind of people you'd like to live near, and want to know more about.

This is another wonderful book in Jemi Fraser's Bloo Moose Romance series, and I loved it.
Profile Image for Mason.
Author 2 books23 followers
September 9, 2021
Now my thoughts …...

When looking for a story with heart, romance, fun, and adventure look no further than REACHING FOR FAMILY, the eighth installment in the Bloo Moose series by author Jemi Fraser.

The story is set in the picturesque town of Bloo Moose, a community like one dreams of living in. The characters feel like family and friends. The adventure can be nail-biting occasionally and fun-loving the rest.

Combining suspense and romance, the author blends in humor for a well-rounded story. The attraction between Jenna and Noah is a bit steamy at times, while their storyline is also filled with laugh-out moments. Those moments involve an attack goose, an overprotect goat and a truck named Fred, just to name a few. The story flows smoothly and at a good pace holding your attention all the way.

If you’re a returning fan of the series, you’ll get to meet old friends and find a few new ones. Newcomers to the series can follow along easily without getting lost in back stories. But be warned, you could be drawn into wanting to find out all the townspeople’s’ stories. Throw in some Star Trek and Star Wars and you have an intriguing story you will find hard to put down.

The author has created a series with well-developed characters, a beautiful setting, and a plotline that will tug at your heartstrings while making you smile.
Profile Image for Yolanda Renee.
Author 14 books106 followers
August 19, 2021
My highest recommendation!

Two strong-headed people, Jenna, a vet, and Army Ranger, Noah, are determined to move forward to a future while mending the pain of the past. Neither expects the other to become a roadblock in their plan for the future. But that's just what happens.

Still, time and getting to know one another will change the hostility to concern and then love. Just the way Jemi always manages to do in these wonderful, suspenseful romances she keeps presenting to us.

The Bloo Moose Romances are a series like no other, and I happily give them my highest recommendation. You'll never regret giving an afternoon to this read or to any of Jemi's books!
2,647 reviews18 followers
August 7, 2021
This is book eight in A Bloo Moose Romance Series and it is Noah and Jenna's story and omg it is a must read. Jenna had a difficult and abusive childhood and she was there when her father killed her mother and he ended up in jail but now years later she is a vet and loves her job and also has her own home and practice but her father is due to be released from prison and she is hoping that he doesn't know where she is as he promised that he would kill her when he was released. Noah grew up in foster homes until he was adopted by William and Suzanne and they were kind and loving and lived on a farm and it was the only place that ever felt like home to Noah so when he was in the army and his parents died he was determined to buy back the land that they had to sell to cover medical bills so now he is no longer in the art and just pursued back the land but he was not expecting that someone else has also purchased part of the land. When Jenna and Noah met things didn't go very well but the more time they spent together the stronger there feelings for each other grew but with Jenna's father out and things becoming increasingly dangerous Jenna can't let anyone else be injured or killed but Noah will protect Jenna regardless of the situations. I absolutely loved this book with all it's twists and turns along the way and I couldn't put it down as I wanted to see what would happen next. The characters and storyline pulled you in right from the start and kept you on the edge of your seat wondering what else would go wrong and it was so addictive. Jemi Fraser is an amazing author and writer and her books are definitely worth reading and I definitely recommend you read this and and others by her and you will not be disappointed.

Profile Image for Rebmay.
1,434 reviews12 followers
August 9, 2021
Love romance with a bit of danger and suspense? Then this book is for you. It also features fascinating characters that you can’t help but want to know more about. The hot, dreamy and protective hero finds it way too easy to fall for the beautiful, hardworking vet with shadows and sadness in her eyes. Both Noah and Jenna are taking steps toward fulfilling their individual dreams, but neither expect the other to become an important part of their future. The menagerie of animals they care for adds a great deal of fun and hilarity to their story. Who doesn’t love an attack goose and a naughty goat?

Noah is a former Army Ranger who has come back to Bloo Moose to reclaim the farm that once belonged to his adoptive parents. Rather than raise vegetables as they did, he will be raising alpacas. He is stunned to find the barn and one acre of land belong to Jenna, the town’s veterinarian. Neither hold grudges, and the animals speed up the introductions and getting to know each other phase. It quickly becomes clear that both are feeling attracted to the other, though Noah is wise enough to take things slow after observing her guarded ways. When strange, and threatening incidents begin to happen on the farm, Noah goes into high alert mode. He is not going to let anyone hurt the woman he feels could be his one. Much to Jenna’s amazement, the townspeople rally to lend their support as well. But will it be enough? Her troubled past has made Jenna used to packing up and moving on when trouble surfaces. Trust comes hard for Jenna as does the concept of finding love. Will she let Noah and the others help her or flee once again?

2,558 reviews6 followers
August 13, 2021
Jenna with her love of Stars Wars, her rescue animals, and vet practice in a barn and Noah with a ranch house and his Star Trek named alpaca herd were an interesting case of trying to coexist on the same farm. After hearing about her horrible father and childhood I'm amazed Jenna overcame it to become a compassionate hardworking veterinarian and that she was baking magic dog treats using a toaster oven because she couldn't afford a real stove. But her past may not be behind her with all the threats they've had to deal with lately. There was plenty of suspense in this enemies to lovers romance. I loved all the moose themed clothes.
3,828 reviews22 followers
August 13, 2021
Jenna comes from a broken family and Noah was adopted by a loving family so when they meet while he returns to by back the farm that once belonged to his adoptive family Jenna now owns one acre where she has her vet practice. Noah is raising alpacas but when trouble comes to Jenna's door the former military Noah is determined to protect her. There is suspense, drama and romance along with a couple who were so perfect for each other.
Profile Image for Barbara.
17k reviews8 followers
August 11, 2021
The eighth book in the Bloo Moose Romance series a well written story with a very good storyline that kept me turning pages. Bloo Moose’s vet Jenna and Army Ranger, Noah’s story of suspense, mystery, drama, danger, twists, turns, one very evil man, and romance. I received a copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
1,211 reviews3 followers
August 26, 2021
This is the eighth book in the Blue Moose series, I have enjoyed all of them in this series. This one did make me LOL at the crazy farm animals. Noah and Jenna are attracted to each other however before they can act on them some strange things start happening.

2,860 reviews4 followers
August 17, 2021
Can a Trekkie and a Star Wars addict find common ground? Jenna and Noah are attracted to each other, but they have more issues to resolve first... He owns the farm and the house. She owns just one little acre and the barn, which houses her veterinary practice and her (not-so-legal) living quarters. They realize that someone is targeting one of them when strange and mysterious events begin to take place. I really enjoyed this book. Jenna and Noah are terrific together, and their friends in town pull together to help out when they most need it. Top this off with Zilla, an overprotective goat, and Dragon, the attack goose, and it's quite a story! I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
3,947 reviews11 followers
August 9, 2021
This was an okay story. Sadly I am not the biggest fan of stories being written in the third person point of view, sorry deal breaker.

3,389 reviews29 followers
August 8, 2021
The book is a good, and enjoyable small town romantic suspense read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry.

Profile Image for Lynda Young.
Author 4 books29 followers
January 20, 2022
This is the eighth book in the Bloo Moose Romance Suspense series. So far, I’ve loved all of them, including this one. It whisked me back to Bloo Moose where the wonderful characters awaited. This time it’s about Jenna Wilkes. She’s a vet who has moved to a quiet property to make a fresh start, only this quiet life is invaded by a herd of alpacas… and a handsome army ranger who claims she’s intruding on his property.

Jenna and Noah make the perfect match. Both strong and independent. Both missing something in their lives. I also enjoyed the suspense element. Is someone out to get Jenna or Noah?

And the romance!! A wonderful sizzle between the two main characters had me smiling for most of the book.

Highly recommend.
Displaying 1 - 13 of 13 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.