Start by marking “Franklin in Paradise” as Want to Read:
Franklin in Paradise

Franklin in Paradise

Life is good for eighteen-year-old Franklin. He lives on the spectrum, structuring and organizing his days, avoiding messy situations and ambiguity. But what he really wants is a boyfriend.

Twenty-one-year-old Patrick has a past he can’t seem to shake, and a sexual identity that’s hard to describe—or maybe it’s just evolving.

When a manmade virus sweeps the globe, killing ne
ebook
Published May 31st 2021 by NineStar Press

To ask other readers questions about Franklin in Paradise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Franklin in Paradise

Start your review of Franklin in Paradise
Veronica of V's Reads
Jun 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
Franklin is a young gay man on the autism spectrum. He’s never really outed himself, but he’s been told–by his one and only girlfriend–that he’s gay. He lives in rural Maine with his parents, who have left him alone for a week’s vacation to Puerto Rice. Franklin is weeks from turning 18, and his best friend, Tyler, is coming over to spend the weekend at his house. Tyler seems to want a physical relationship with Franklin, but Franklin’s issues with over-stimulation and touch aversion are an obst ...more
Mary Mary
Jun 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, arc, other
Wow! What a great beginning of a new series!
I really can't wait to read more about Franklin, Patrick and other residents of Paradise.

This is a super fast paced, post-apocalyptic story featuring a wide range of colorful characters. I wasn't sure if I'd be ready for a book about some serious epidemic right now, but it is really a good, enjoyable story.

I loved how the author chose Franklin, an autistic boy, as a main character, it made the story so much better ❤️(and also more dramatic and sometim
Si Clarke
In mid-2020, I stumbled upon a fellow author looking for beta readers. We agreed to swap manuscripts. And so began my introduction to Franklin in Paradise. I knew I had stumbled upon a gem. I read the draft and provided my feedback on things I thought could be tweaked or improved. The author and I wished one another well … and I didn't think anything more of it until I saw a publication announcement on the Queer Sci-Fi website.

My first thought was, 'Ooh, that sounds interesting.' And in the very
R
Jun 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
Franklin, through no fault of his own survives a pandemic. Alone until Patrick knocks on his door. Survival takes over their lives. Franklin, being on the spectrum, and both men struggling to define their sexuality slowly fall in love.

Well done story of the new beginning of mankind. I liked the storytelling and the characters with very diverse personalities and issues. Autism and defining sexual identity are at the core of the book.

Not a light read by any means it still gave me a sense of hope a
Irene
Jun 05, 2021 added it
Imaginative, thoughtful, well-written, with characters you'll love and miss when the book is done. This is a book with a big heart. Can't wait to read more from this debut novelist. ...more
JANE