Start by marking “I Know It When I See It: A Modern Fable About Quality” as Want to Read:
I Know It When I See It: A Modern Fable About Quality

I Know It When I See It: A Modern Fable About Quality

The secret to the success of I Know It When I See It lies in its stylish delivery of a serious theme. A succinct and intriguing business fable, it tells the story of "Punctuation, Inc." and provides a simple message about quality -- that it's the customer who defines it. The story shows how businesspeople who pay close attention to what kind of quality their customers want ...more
Published February 26th 2006 by AMACOM (first published August 7th 1985)

To ask other readers questions about I Know It When I See It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Know It When I See It

Joseph Cognard
Oct 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Really well done story for a business book. This was my brownie book through college. I use to give it to college professors , and they would like it and it was a quick read for them, and then they would feel bad for me and give me a C or C+.
I highly recommend this book for its reading enjoyment, great business concepts, not to mention brownie using appeal, all wrapped up in cute little fable.
Really an exceptional story.
Victor Méndez
Jan 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Es una buena idea para hablar acerca de temas que, muchas veces, no son fáciles de abordar. Este es un cuento que habla sobre la calidad y su importancia en el éxito, ya sea laboral o personal.
Además hay que tomar en cuenta que el autor está inmerso en el mundo empresarial y administrativo. Es un buen ejercicio.
Me gustó mucho la idea de la fábrica "Puntuación S. A.". Creo que ahí está todo y se puede sacar más de ella.
Se lee en un santiamén, pero no es una lectura imprescindible.
Rishab Gaba
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
narrative is good. message is good. refreshing half-an-hour read.
Aaron Bolin
Apr 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business, fiction
Guaspari provides a quick read with a few gems of wisdom. I especially liked the corollary regarding mistakes and inspection capacity, but there were a few other related ideas that are nicely illustrated by this fable.

In terms of criticism, the story is not that compelling and the main points, if summarized, would only fill an index card.

I liked the book, found a few gems of wisdom, and would definitely recommend it as a quick leisurely read that helps to cement key concepts of quality.
Riikka
I didn't know what to expect when I started the book but I were just positively surprised by the book. It was quick to read (took me about one hour) and I really liked it. It was fun that the story didn't quite happen in this world (due the puctuation business) but still that much for me to see the similarity. And I loved the illustrations! (October 24, 2008)
Michael
A funny little book that explains quality in a non-technical way.
Andrew Waring
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
I have read a couple of these "Modern Fables" and this one was not so convincing. The point was too simple, too obvious to spend a whole book on. It should have been one point in a larger context.
Ivan Gonzalez
Dec 12, 2013
Standy
Jul 04, 2015
Joy Davis
rated it did not like it
Jul 17, 2017
Ava
Mar 14, 2016 rated it liked it
I could have just read the epilogue! But there was one nugget worth remembering.
Tst
Marc Medley
Oct 03, 2009
Jessica ♡
Sep 02, 2018
For the past 30 years, John Guaspari has helped leaders take on the challenge of being more effective at attending to the intangibles. He is the author of seven books on the topic, the latest being Otherwise Engaged: How Leaders Can Get a Firmer Grip on Employee Engagement and Other Key Intangibles. Other books include the best-selling I Know It When I See It, The Customer Connection, and The Valu ...more