Start by marking “It Calls From the Sea: An Anthology of Terror On the Deep Blue Sea” as Want to Read:
It Calls From the Sea: An Anthology of Terror On the Deep Blue Sea

It Calls From the Sea: An Anthology of Terror On the Deep Blue Sea

Prepare to die. The sea awakens.

Within the Mariana Trench, a research vessel’s crew is threatened by a mysterious force. A father and daughter’s holiday by the ocean turns deadly as a sinister creature stalks them. A group of friends learn that some things should remain in the ocean. Filled with a sense of wonder, a young biologist discovers a new species of kelp, but with
Published May 21st 2021 by Eerie River Publishing

To ask other readers questions about It Calls From the Sea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It Calls From the Sea

Start your review of It Calls From the Sea: An Anthology of Terror On the Deep Blue Sea
Meigan
“It had mouths. Everywhere.” — ABYSSAL HORROR, Trey Dowell

IT CALLS FROM THE SEA is a delightfully creepy collection of horror tales that run the gamut from mildly thrilling to absolutely freaky and everything in between. Some stories were longer than others, but they’re all the perfect length for when you just want something quick, dirty, and spooky. Each tale is delightfully different from the others, but they all have the common thread of water creatures that tie them together.

This anthology
Insert Name Here
Jun 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021
So, this is totally my fault, but I did not realise these were all horror stories when I started reading; I thought they were different genres, connected by all being about the sea. If I'd known they were all horror, I might not have read them the exact day I was going to the beach for a holiday...

As with all anthologies, there's a variety of skill levels shown here. Some of the stories don't quite explain themselves (was that a time loop near the end?) and several have the same basic idea; some
Jessica Belmont
Jun 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
If you’re a fan of horror, you’re not going to want to miss It Calls From The Sea!!! I can’t pick a favorite story from this anthology. Each was unique and packed a real punch.

We are given twenty amazing short stories from twenty incredibly talented authors. Each story touches on themes surrounding water and myths of monsters. I absolutely loved the variety.

I was up late, reading through as many stories as I could before I fell asleep. This is not an anthology you’ll want to put down. Highly rec
Melody
May 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
Another strong collection of dark tales from Eerie River. I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed this collection, though to be honest, I enjoyed their other anthologies more. There are a lot of creepy, well-written stories. However, I think since I grew up near a forest and nowhere near the ocean, collections like It Calls from the Forest affected me more. Even so, all of the authors do an excellent job orienting the reader, whether it be sailing a ship, surfing, or in a s
Elizabeth Nettleton
Jun 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic collection of short horror stories. The sea theme led to some excellent, atmospheric stories, and I thought there was a great mix of styles and creative plots. I also discovered some great, new (to me) authors to check out. This was a really entertaining anthology, I highly recommend it.
Michelle B
May 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
A good mix of underwater tales from the eerie to the down right strange
Doreen Fernandes
May 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Horror from the deep

Sea creatures from the abyss. Leviathans of rare intelligence. Monsters who will drag you into the deep. The variety in this book is amazing. Each story is well written and some of them are unforgettable and terrifying.
Noelle Kelly
Jun 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
It Calls From The Sea is an anthology of 20 stories all drawing on inspiration of the ocean. The stories range from the eerie to the haunting, strange to the scary, and even gory body horror.

The tales are all tied together by the central theme, like the tentacles of a sea creature. I read the book in one sitting, excited to see what next adventure or horror lay within the pages.

Within the collection, there are a huge variety of stories. Here are just some of the threads woven through the antholo
TheConsultingWriter
Jun 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
It Calls From the Sea holds a collection of stories sure to entertain most readers and fans of the horror genre. A few of them were definitely inspired by Lovecraft. So for those that enjoy stories reminiscent of Cthulhu, they'll be sure to find a story or two to enjoy. Of the collection, there were only a couple stories that I didn't care for. The remainder of them, the majority of them, were entertaining. These creepy eerie stories are well written. I received an ARC. However, the opinions in ...more
Sentinelle23
May 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
❤💙💦 A great surprise ! 😨😰😱💦

Twenty scary short stories, twenty different talented authors to discover, all on the theme of water, oceans, lakes and rivers, myths and legends, monsters an dangerous beasts, the unexpected and the surprising, a lot of mystery...

An excellent read, scary, surprising !
You will no longer see the water💦, and what is below, in the same way...

A MUST READ that I absolutely recommend ❤
Bambi Goggio
May 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
This hefty anthology is sure to have something to send shivers up your spine. I really enjoyed the wide variety of horrors. An awesome assembly of scares.
Sasha(SpookyxSasha)
Jun 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
The days may be getting warmer, but this anthology is sure to chill you to the bone.

Welcome to the tour for It Calls from the Sea, a collection of tales from the high seas by a fantastic group of authors.

This was honestly really fun to read. I’ve long been a fan of deep sea horror, as well as water horror in general. There is something inherently scary about the water.

Right away this anthology series captures my attention, with so many fantastic authors giving their own spin on a multitude of s
LJ (On The Shelf Reviews)
Jun 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
It calls from the sea is a horror short story collection, all featuring the sea or water in some way or form.

What I love about these types of collections is how each author brings their own spin to the theme creating unique and different stories. Honestly, there's not one story in this collection that I thought 'oh this feels the same.'

There's really something for every horror fan, from pulse pounding adventures to twisted fairytale like stories to menacing monsters and a whole lot more.

Of cours
Liliyana Shadowlyn
Jun 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
It's 90 degrees out, and I've got goose bumps on my arms from the chills running down my spine. This was an absolutely delightful, terrifying, collection. The ocean is already a vast, unknown, mostly unexplored place, but these stories will take you into those mystifying depths. The authors all had unique voices, and each story presented a fresh horror to the reader. Of course, you have the option to pause in between reading each story, but I definitely stayed up until dawn reading story after s ...more
Midu Hadi

It's so rare that I get to experience an anthology where almost every story's a winner. I enjoyed this book immensely! Here's a brief rundown of the stories in it:

Steve Neal's Hostile Territory
Huge crocs and other sea horrors

Trey Dowell's Abyssal Horror
Sperm whales and other sea beasts

Dan Le Fever's Xook
An ancient civilization that has no intention of being an extinct one

Christopher Bond's The Ocean Sings Softly
Grandma and granddaughter face an old horror

McKenzie Richardson's The Hunter and the
Billie
May 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is a brilliant read.
Wonderful well written plot and story line that had me engaged from the start.
Love the well fleshed out characters and found them believable.
Great suspense and action with wonderful world building.
Can't wait to read what the author brings out next.
Recommend reading.

I read a complimentary advance copy of the book; this is my voluntary and honest review.
David Green
May 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Lena's Books
May 31, 2021
Tim Mendees
May 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Daniel Willcocks
Jun 16, 2021
Daniel
Jun 05, 2021
Steve Neal
Jun 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Michelle River
May 19, 2021
Alissa
Jun 08, 2021
Trey Dowell
Jun 07, 2021
Georgia Cook
Jun 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)