Start by marking “Honor Thy Father” as Want to Read:
Honor Thy Father

Honor Thy Father

Modern retelling of Hansel and Gretel. Takes place in New York City.
Kindle Edition
Published June 25th 2021 by Nancy Chastain

To ask other readers questions about Honor Thy Father, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Honor Thy Father

Start your review of Honor Thy Father
Rhonda Howell
Jun 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow this story will have you from the beginning. Join a family who fights crime together along with a friend of the family. Gina, Henry, and TJ join forces to track down the players in a sex trafficing ring who target young kids. This book will have you on the edge of your seat trying to figure out who is the one in charge and praying that they find the kids in time. Great story with great characters.

Andra Shaw
Jun 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
Honor Thy Father is a retelling of the fairytale Hansel and Gretal. Gina and her brother Henry are detectives, and their father, Harry, is the Chief of Detectives. She and her brother's best friend TJ have had a crush on one another since they were teens. It seems everyone knew they belonged together except for them. But, according to Gina's mom Angie, they are a bit slow. The love story between Gina and TJ is very sweet. Their relationship is as well. TJ is every woman's dream as he is sensitiv ...more
Ga Books LoverX
Jun 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
This was an intriguing book! I have read the other books in the Once Upon A Heartbreak Collection and this one is a loose retelling of Hansel and Gretel. It is a lot darker than the other books and that is saying something!

All in all, it was an intriguing read and I liked the characters. Though it seemed to move SUPER fast and left my head spinning a bit, I was still able to keep up with what was going on and was invested in the book! One thing I recommend is not trying to see the correlation be
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jul 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is a quick read for me and one that I thoroughly enjoyed. The main characters are very likeable. Love hard and catch the bad guys come to mind after finishing this story.

Personally I’d have loved this so much longer as I really liked it. I’ll definitely be looking to read more from this author in the future.
Sunni
Jun 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
Gina and TJ both have a thing for each other but unaware that the other feels the same way and it was really cute to see them fumbling around and finally confessing their love. There's a mystery to solved as well with a story that's sort of a Hansel and Gretel retelling that was really interesting to figure out. I really enjoyed this book and I would like to read more from this author.
Gail
Jun 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I have got to say this is one of my favorites written by Nancy. The way she writes traps you in her world and after reading this book I am sure that this book needs more than 5 stars.

Gina and TJ's story made me want more because it was just a novella. But it had me hooked from beginning to end. The characters jumped off the page grabbed me and kept me until the end. So amazing and well written. I need more.
Linda
Jun 26, 2021 rated it really liked it
The Once Upon a Heartbreak series just keeps getting better and better!

This is my first time reading a story by Ms. Chastain, and I must say, I am definitely enticed! I'm checking out her other works right away!

This dark romance drew me in from the start! In a vert short period of time, Ms. Chastain built an intriguing world, that honestly, I'd love more of!!!
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
Jul 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
An abundance of endless intrigue that will have you frantically turning the pages! An exciting storyline that makes you feel as if you are there watching the story as it unfolds! Fun, enjoyable, intense, and emotionally moving! Amazing hot chemistry you just want to sink your teeth into! One heck of an amazing must read!
Jennifer Pierson
Jul 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Honor Thy Father is loosely based on Hansel & Gretel with a realistic twist. Siblings Gina & Henry are detectives with their father being their boss so it's a career law enforcement family. Hell, even Henry's best friend, TJ, is part of the team, and he also seems to be Gina's lobster though try telling them that. These three are hot on the trail of a human trafficking ring who is targeting young kids, so this is where the realistic feel came in at since this is a dark part of real life, and a h ...more
Nadia Stephens
Aug 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Honor Thy Father by Nancy Chastain is a dark retailing loosely based on Hansel and Gretel. Angie wanted to protect abused kids by establishing a place for them get away before she passed away. Henry, Gina, and TJ are detectives going after a gang called The Network that sex traffic kids. They wanted to continue the work Angie started of providing a safe environment for abused kids them to relax, eat, and have fun.

I thought this book was going to be a whole lot darker since it started out with t
Sophie Koufes
Jul 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Honor Thy Father (Once Upon A Heartbreak Collection) is a loosely based retelling of Hansel and Gretal with a dash of darkness to it. A modern tale with real world realism including human sex trafficking, crime elements splattered through the pages. A suspenseful addition to the collection.
Marianela Aybar (Mari Loves Books Blog)
Intriguing story with some elements of Hansel and Gretel. I would recommend going in blind and seeing the story for itself. While it's loosely based on the fairytale, it's not a straight retelling. I was hooked once I started reading and it gets dark quickly, which I love. ...more
Victoria Anders
Aug 09, 2021
Laura Greenwood
May 06, 2021
Nancy Chastain
May 08, 2021 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
Ronni
is currently reading it
Sep 24, 2021
Astilbe
Apr 12, 2022

• Calypso's Heart (Orion's Order #1)
  • Romancing an Arrogant Demigod (London Mythos #2)
  • Blood Curse (Vampire Mafia: The Boston Clan)
  • When God’s Light Inspires the Lost Bride: A Christian Historical Romance Book
  • Accidental Cupid (Supernatural Retrieval Agency #4)
  • Ripped Veil (Ripped Bratva, #1)
  • Ripped Lace  (Ripped Bratva, #2)
  • The Vampire Detective: The Complete Series
  • Three Unlucky Brides on their Miraculous Paths: A Christian Historical Romance Collection
  • Owned by the Cruel Prince (Fae of Darkness, #5)
  • Heart and Soul: An Eros and Psyche Retelling
  • Wood's Reef (Mac Travis Adventures #1)
  • Bitter King (O'Dea Crime Family, #2)
  • Hell Raising and Other Pastimes (Grave Concerns, #2)
  • Dirty Aces MC Complete Series
  • Hidden Realm (Legends of Lightning #1)
  • Redemption (Legends of Lightning #2)
  • Midnight Delight: Sisterly Seductions
I have an addiction to books. There I said it, isn't admitting it have the battle. I have always read everything I can get my hands on. My greatest joy is writing a review for a fellow author that has blown me away.
When I set down and decided to take the leap to make my life time dream come true and write a book I was terrified, but in a good way. Publishing a book is the most thrilling thing I h

News & Interviews

Predictions of the future are a sci-fi and fantasy staple, and at Goodreads we certainly spend enough time staring at new and upcoming books to...