Start by marking “Savage Love” as Want to Read:

(Love Like This)

When I walked into the bar across from the hospital, all I wanted was a drink to help me forget the worst day of my life. What I got was sexy, mysterious Jake Maxwell and the most amazing one-night stand of my life.

Months later, he seeks me out with an unconventional offer: He’d like to take me and my dog for a walk.

My lazy dog could use the exercise, and I could use some
475 pages
Published May 25th 2021 by Gloss Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Savage Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Savage Love

Start your review of Savage Love
Sarah~ Book Obsession Confessions
I knew from the beginning of this book that it would keep me wondering and guessing.
I knew it would be emotional.
-And it was!
Collette and Jake are extremely likable characters.
They both stole my heart in different ways.
At times I knew that I was missing pieces of the story, so I wasn’t sure how to feel or what to prepare myself for.
It made for an interesting reading experience, I really loved it!
It’s more than a romance.
It’s more than a story about someone’s worst day.
It’s more than pain and
Sandy S
May 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars--SAVAGE LOVE is the first instalment in Cassia Leo’s contemporary, adult LOVE LIKE THIS erotic, romance series. This is twenty –two year old Colette Baker, and twenty-four year old Jake Maxwell’s story line.

WARNING: Due to the nature of the story line premise, there may be triggers for more sensitive issues.

Told in three parts, and from dual first person perspectives (Jake and Colette) SAVAGE LOVE follows the building romance and relationship between twenty –two year old Colette Baker
Stephanie
May 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Savage Love is an intense, captivating, mysterious, and very erotic story. From the beginning I was pulled in and drug under like a rip tide only to be spit back out onto the shore!

Colette and Jake meet under unusual circumstances. There is banter and attraction from the start. Jake is insanely sexy and mysterious. Their chemistry is explosive. Colette and Jack share a night of passion, wrapped in sadness, secrets and “what if’s.”

She may never know how agreeing to stay with her that night des
Stacy Hahn
May 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Savage Love is Cassia Leo at her finest. She takes you on a journey of heartbreak, secrets, passion, love, forgiveness, and healing. Both Colette and Jake are perfectly imperfect and at times I was ready to scream, but in turn my heart would melt. This book will make you think and view hard issues in a way you may not have before. Love isn’t easy, and it can be savage. In the end, it’s beautiful!
Jennifer Pierson
May 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Colette is having the worst day of her life when she ends up in the bar where Jake (aka Max) worked. They end up having a hot hookup that felt like more, and then he ghosted her which didn't help whatsoever. Jake's life totally imploded right after that night, and it was several months later before he sought her out again, because he knew that they had something special that needed to be explored. However, he has secrets that don't make friends, and those secrets are the reason why that kept him ...more
Michelle Austin
Shelves: author-arcs

Savage Love was a great 5 stat read and pulled me in right from the beginning and I couldn’t put it down until I was done. My emotions were all over the place.

Colette is dealing with the pain of losing someone dear to her and ends up at Jake's bar. Jake was super sweet to Colette and he made sure she got home safely. Needless to say he ends up staying to comfort her. Things took an interesting twist from there and it was great.

These two characters have some heavy things they are dealing with emo
Letty  (Cover to Cover Book Blog Reviewer)
I wasn’t sure what to expect when I started this book, but I knew it would be one to remember. Sure enough, it put my emotions through the wringer, and I couldn’t put it down. Once I started, I couldn’t stop until I finished.

Jake and Colette find themselves when she feels like life has kicked her strung her out. He’s there for her and she lets herself cling to him like a lifeline.

The story is filled with so much emotion, so many secrets, and those characters that you just want to be around and
Dawn Myers
May 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In my opinion if you are a Cassia Leo fan she did not disappoint. This was a very emotional trip through grief, love and understanding. I liked both Colette and Jake their journey to love is long and frustrating. Both Colette and Jake have flaws but I understood where they were coming from. I felt all the emotions to my core. I have a feeling some of the pain displayed in Savage Love was personal for Cassia Leo, I know she has had some personal grief the last couple of years. Colette and Jake bo ...more
Ruby
Savage Love
I received this standalone book as a free ARC in exchange for my honest opinion. I absolutely loved this story. I have been reading this author’s work for a few years and the way she delves into the characters and storyline makes this an unputdownable book!! I was captivated by the first chapter, loved the main characters and it has a HEA!! The writing was in Cassia Leo’s style of lovable characters and believable situations, all well written. I loved Coco and Jake, his selfless kindn
Kim FIELD
May 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Colette worst day of her life turns into hot one night stand. Jake is sweet, understanding, one sexy character with his only problems. I totally loved Jakes protective side and Colette caring character. It was such a deep and emotional read. Their instant connection to each other was just so deep and instant with shattering emotions and the sex was just so darn hot and steamy. They both have so much baggage from in their lives that control everything they say and do. This is a journey filled wit ...more
Sarah Larson
May 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
I absolutely love everything that Cassia Leo writes. Savage Love is the first book in a brand new two book series from Cassia. Colette and Jake are two very well written characters that make you really feel for them.
Colette meets Jake when she is going through a really hard time in her life. They have an instant connection and things heat up quickly. Jake has a need to take care of Colette and she struggles a little with it but loves spending time with him. The more time they spend together the
Alicia
Jun 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What a stunningly beautiful story of live, loss secrets and lies. It grabbed my from the start through its combination of deeply affecting life events and the serendipity of meeting that person in such an emotional maelstrom! Jake and Colette are fabulous characters and the is r relationship combines with Colette being emotionally honest but Jake hiding so much.
This has been a wonderful read. I feel as if I have run the full gamut of emotions, but not hammered down by them. Humour and steam inf
Chelé-----4 The Love of Books
I can't wait for you to meet Colette and Jake! Cassia takes you on a very emotional ride in Savage Love! From the very first chapter you can feel the chemistry between these two and it immediately pulls you in! This story is sexy and sweet and beautiful but it isn't sugar coated, these two have both been through their fair share of tragedy and working through it and over coming it isn't always easy.

I love Jake because he is so smart, respectful, protective and over the top swoony and in the bedr
Sandra Curney
May 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I’ve always been a huge fan of Cassia, but this book just hit different. As soon as I started reading it, I knew this book was going to break a little something inside my heart 💔 and I just couldn’t stop reading. I knew something deep was going to happen but I just couldn’t figure it out.

Colette and Jake meet when her life is turned upside down with one single event. Broken, she finds comfort in the bottom of a martini glass and the watchful eye of the bartender. Jake helps her forget just for
Stephannie Tolitsky- Swoonworthybooks/EnticingJourney
Stephannie's 5 Star Review

This is a book that breaks you but also mends you as you read it. I knew something was not adding up with Jake and Colette knew it too. But I had no idea that was going to be what it was going to end up being. I couldn't put this one down.

Colette and Jake meet when her life is turned upside down and she needed someone; he was there. I can't tell you more because I don't want to spoil everything for you. It is a beautiful story of heartbreak and love. One-click this one
Ruth
May 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I knew from page one that this book was going to be sensational but I didn't realise exactly how sensational.
Jake and colette are everything.
Heartache, sadness,loneliness, friendship and love.
So many things were going through my mind while reading this knowing that I needed more information and needing to know Jake's secrets and why he was the way he was with colette. Colette having her own trauma going on on top of it all made it more gripping and intense.
All in all I DID NOT KNOW I NEEDED TH
Lexie Abshire
May 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
"There is a fine line between love and hate. Even love can sometimes feel like an act of violence."
Holy Hotness!! You will swoon over the mysteriousness that is Jake. The chemistry between him and coca-Colette is stifling. I love Jake's protective nature. I think we all want someone to want to keep us safe like that.
Collette has 2 BFF Anissa and Dahlia and the banter between those 3 is awesome. This book is sad, serious, heartbreaking,steamy, mysterious...listen you will want to keep turning t
D.L. Gallie
May 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Savage Love was amazing, I just loved it.

Jake isn’t your typical alpha hero, he’s so much more but when it’s needed, his alphaness pops out, showing that he’s the complete alpha package,. And Collette isn’t your typical heroine either. She’s just broken and sad dealing with a traumatic event and trying to find herself once again, and with the help of Jake, and his secrets, she find who she is and was always meant to be.

Cassia has a way with words and I’m so glad I found her.
Charlotte Stanley
May 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The title, Savage Love, is very fitting. Cassia takes readers on a roller coaster ride through heartbreak, grief and loss while infusing them with love to survive the ride. The characters in this story were normal people who happened to meet at the exact, perfectly wrong time. This tale of love conquering all was not a fluffy read. It was an emotional, angst filled book that I couldn't put down. Cassia can always be trusted to deliver a captivating story and a HEA. ...more
Cassie
4.5 Heart-Wrenching Stars!

Cassia Leo knows how to write a story that tears your heart apart before slowly piecing it back together. Jake and Collette each have been through their own personal hell, you just can't help but fall in love with them. Their stories, the secrets, family trauma, support from amazing friends and the senior all make for an amazing emotional ride. It was hard to put this one down without it sticking with me....Great Job!
Alexis
May 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
Jake and Colleges story is very emotion but it's absolutely worth it! Jake has secrets and Collette is grieving but when the two meet things start to look up for the both of them, but we all know how the saying goes... "Looks can be deceiving" can Jake convince Collette to take a chance on him or will they just fall prey to their Savage Love?

I received an ARC copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.
Sandy Montemayor
May 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I am a true fan of Cassia Leo, I'm never disappointed with anything she writes. Savage Love is no different, the connection between her characters is so believable. I was hooked from start, Jake and Colette meet and the instant chemistry is incredible. They both have secrets and need to deal with so much. I loved this from the start to finish.

I received an advanced copy for my honest review, this is truly a must read.
Carol
May 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Savage Love

Wow! Great story, sadly death, domestic violence is a real thing, taken lightly and there needs to be more awareness on this subject. This story, is dealing with events of 2 separate events, yet they come together, thru the sadness, heartbreak, neither knowing the full depth of the others anguish at the time. This truly emotional story \ journey is so worth the time to read. Enjoy❤️
Joy Whiteside
May 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing. From the moment that I picked it up and started it, I was in love with this story and characters. I had to keep reading, there was no putting it down. This book grabbed me and as soon as I was done I had already messaged some friends about it. This is a book that needs to be read, you will not be sorry that you did.
Roma Sars
May 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book.
Jake and Colette are very likeable and real characters, with a relationship that progresses in fits and starts, which makes it seem more real to me. Neither of them is perfect, and I like the way they deal with their trials and issues.
I love the way Jake is so caring, in spite of not really having a good father figure to emulate in his life, and I enjoyed reading the process Colette went through to work through her grief and loss.
I received an ARC of this book
Rhonda Reinhart Routzon
May 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is hands down my new favorite Cassia Leo book (and that is saying a lot!!). It hooks you from page 1, and keeps you captivated until the last page.
It is a love story born from heartbreak. Jake and Colette have such a connection and some very entertaining banter. You will be so glad you picked up this book!
Paige Smith
May 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
It's no mistake that I love everything Cassia Leo writes, but Savage Love gripped me from the beginning. Colette meets Jake after a traumatic event turns her world upside down. What begins as a one-night stand ends in much, much more. Jake is everything Colette was missing, and this book captures their journey perfectly.

Another hit for Cassia Leo!
Gigi
May 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Let me just say… Wow, wow, wow. Cassia has given us an Emotional roller coaster. But in a beautiful amazing way. Jake and Colette are just amazing characters. This book will have you on edge wanting more and more until the very end. Oh and I need my very own Jake please. Also this book will have you hooked from start to finish. It’s a must read now!!
Jaime Scarfuto
Jul 24, 2021 rated it it was ok
I wanted to like this book I did but it was like pulling teeth to read it. I finished it but I was not a big fan. It took me a long time to read it and I was really excited for it because I LOVE Cassia Leo but I was just not feeling this book. Maybe it's just not my vibe but I wouldn't read it again. ...more
Laurie Baker
Aug 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Savage love

Some love stories begin with tragedy. It can take mountains to overcome. But what if one tragedy led you to your soulmate, which happens to result in another loss? This story of Colette and Jake was beautifully written. It shows the what if’s in life. And why moving on in any direction is needed.

• The Rookie (Looking to Score #3)
  • Travis (Pelion Lake, #1)
  • Jett (Arizona Vengeance, #10)
  • Hard to Love (Play Hard, #5)
  • A Moment for Us (Willow Creek Valley, #3)
  • Say Yes
  • The Rival (Looking to Score #2)
  • The Perfect Catch (The Brentwood Boys #8)
  • The Spark
  • Lyrics of a Small Town
  • There with You (Adair Family #2)
  • The Aristocrat
  • Code Name: Tiara (Jameson Force Security #7)
  • Fake (West Hollywood #1)
  • The Sophomore (College Years, #2)
  • Summer Rebound (Dating Season, #2)
  • Could Have Been Us (Willow Creek Valley #2)
  • Give Me a Reason (Redemption Hills #1)
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Cassia Leo grew up in California and has lived in three different countries. She loves to travel and her dream is to one day score a record deal based on her awesome shower singing skills. She is the author of the Shattered Hearts series (Relentless, Pieces of You, Bring Me Home). She is also the author of the popular Luke and Chase series.

Come chat