Start by marking “The Girl Who Cried Banshee: A Valkyrie Bestiary Tale” as Want to Read:
The Girl Who Cried Banshee: A Valkyrie Bestiary Tale

The Girl Who Cried Banshee: A Valkyrie Bestiary Tale

(Valkyrie Bestiary #0.4)

Kyra Greene is a pest controller, not an exterminator. She has to be clear about that when the pests can be anything from pixies to dragons. But when her fledgling business teeters on the brink of bankruptcy, Kyra takes on a job that blurs those lines.

Now she’s deep in the lawless Inbetween, trying to clear a mysterious infestation from a fishing village. But these homest
Kindle Edition
Published May 27th 2021 by WrongTree Press

To ask other readers questions about The Girl Who Cried Banshee, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Girl Who Cried Banshee

Start your review of The Girl Who Cried Banshee: A Valkyrie Bestiary Tale
Jen T
May 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The Grill Who Cried Banshee is a prequel in the Valkyrie Bestiary series and tells the story of how Kyra meets her future roommate Gita and eventually starts her blog. The book begins with Kyra struggling to establish her pest control business and as such, decides to take on a high-risk, high-reward job. The job takes her to the Inbetween where she encounters many interesting people and creatures. The story was well-written and engaging, though a little bittersweet. I definitely enjoyed the stor ...more
Nan
Jun 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The Valkyrie Bestiary is a wonderfully written series with a main character that you want as your friend, and definitely want on your side in a fight. This prequel tells about how Kyra met Gita, her banshee housemate, when she was just starting out with her pest business. It gives a little more information about the inbetween, the land outside the ward, and the people who who live there. I received an advance copy of this book and voluntarily left a review.
Sharon Squires
Jun 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Prequell

I absolutely lived this tale. Kim has a way of writing that makes you feel like you're really there. I can picture the world she creates with words & that's the true gift of a storyteller.
KELLY A JACK
Jun 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
The girl who cried banshee

This novella timeline is 10 yrs . before dragons don’t eat meat novel. It’s a fun fast paced dark fantasy about how she met her banshee nanny adventure.witty dry humour and banter with a little 💔mixed in.well worth the read.from kindle unlimited ❣️💃🏻🐲🥲
Angie Bartley
May 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I loved seeing how Kyra started out and getting a glimpse of her vulnerability. Reading the back story of Kyra and Gita let me understand their relationship better. I'm really looking forward to more stories in this series. ...more
Sally Biggs
May 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Kim is amazing. This is the second book in the series that I have read. The first paragraph grabs you and you can’t put the book down. The way she describes everything makes you feel like you are right there in the story. Awesome read. I got the other 3 books and can’t wait to read them. 💗💕💓💞
Michele
May 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Excellent prequel

Kim did it again. I love these Valkyrie Bestiary stories. I've not read anything quite like them. Well written and edited so I don't get interrupted in my enjoyment by typos or improper word usages.
Janea
Jun 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great backstory

I love this series! As a a critter lover, Kyra is my kindred spirit. This story got to me so quickly. I really liked reading about how Gita came to live with Kyra. However, this story hit me in my feels in an unexpected way.
Janet
Great introduction

This is a nice peak into the world of Kyra the Valkyrie Bestiary blogger herself. Onto the rest of the story.
Pam Bales
May 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great intro to the Banshee

I like how we are learning the backstory of the series's characters. Knowing how each character fits into the books is very satisfying.
angela gunstone
May 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The girl who cried banshee

Couldn't put it down loved the characters and the storyline so it's a well deserved five stars and I would recommend this book to everyone
Caitlin
May 31, 2021 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this short novella in the series, which serves as an introduction to how the Valkyrie Bestiary blog came about and how Kyra initially met Gita. I definitely think newcomers to the series can read and enjoy, but it definitely has a bit more of an impact if you're more familiar with Kyra's blog and her roommate Gita from reading the rest of the series. ...more
Melindeeloo
May 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is a prequel for the bestiary series, and a good story of how Gita came to live with Kira but it made me feel sad.
Tommie Gillam
May 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
An enticing prequel to a great series. If I wasn’t already in love with this series, this would hook me.
Mandy
Sharon Abbott
Bethany Burton
May 29, 2021
« previous 1 3 4 next »
If Kim McDougall could have one magical superpower, it would be to talk to animals. Or maybe to shift into animal form. Definitely, fantastical critters and magic often feature in her stories. So until she can change into a Griffin and fly away, she writes dark paranormal action and romance tales. Kim is also passionate about fiber art, photography, children’s literacy, rescue animals, nature, and ...more

Valkyrie Bestiary (3 books)
  • Dragons Don't Eat Meat (Valkyrie Bestiary #1)
  • Dervishes Don't Dance (Valkyrie Bestiary #2)
  • Hell Hounds Don't Heel (Valkyrie Bestiary, #3)

News & Interviews