Start by marking “Wisdom 2.0: Ancient Secrets for the Creative and Constantly Connected” as Want to Read:
Wisdom 2.0: Ancient Secrets for the Creative and Constantly Connected

Wisdom 2.0: Ancient Secrets for the Creative and Constantly Connected

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  83 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Technology is not the answer. It is also not the problem. What matters instead? Awareness, Engagement, and Wisdom.

Wisdom 2.0 addresses the challenge of our age: to not only live connected to one another through technology, but to do so in ways that are beneficial, effective, and useful.
Published April 1st 2009 by HarperOne

To ask other readers questions about Wisdom 2.0, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wisdom 2.0

Karen
Jul 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
There's nothing in this book you won't find in every other book about mindfulness, but being of a very concrete mind, I find it helpful to hear the ideas in contexts that I can easily identify with.

For example, while I can read about how life is suffering/dissatisfaction/imperfection and get it on an intellectual level, I don't really apply it to myself. What claim do I have to suffering? (I'm suddenly remembering a conversation in college with a friend who complained incessantly -- more out of
Desiree
Aug 04, 2009 rated it liked it
When I saw this book at my local library, I thought, WoW, a book about computers! Hmmmm, I guess I neglected to read the sub-title, "Ancient secrets for the creative and constantly connected." The key work here, being "ancient". Rather than a guide through the web 2.0, this is much more a self-help title, filled with zen-like stories and quotes. If that is what you are looking for, I would recommend this title, otherwise, stay away!

Having read quite a bit on zen buddhism, I found this repetitive
Joodie
Jul 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
Simple advice on being a mindful technology user and not an obsessed robot.
Arif
Jan 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
Sembari menulis 'kitab pamugkas' saya menyempatkan untuk membaca buku yang cukup menarik ini. Wisdom 2.0, buku terbitan tahun 2009 karya Soren Gordhamer ini membahas mengenai interaksi antara manusia modern dengan teknologi. Kehidupan manusia modern tidak dapat dipisahkan dengan teknologi informasi dan komunikasi seperti telepon selular, internet yang meliputi chatting, browsing, email, twitter, facebook, dsb. Keterhubungan dengan teknologi merupakan suatu hal yang amat dibutuhkan saat ini, tanp ...more
Neil
Feb 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Good advice.
Charissa
Feb 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, dutch
Not the most useful but does help you to think about priorities and such.
Barbc
12.95
Marjorie Matty
Nov 21, 2012 rated it liked it
A good reminder about balance with regard to technology. Soren has positioned himself to be an authority about maintaining balance in corporate America with regard to technology.
Sweemeng Ng
Jan 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Learned a few wisdom along the reads, but then I never read similar book before.
Dennis
Aug 23, 2010 rated it liked it
Good book for people with a technology background who are new to Buddhism.
Yaqeen Sikander
Feb 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Good initially with some amazing insights but gets repetitive and boring later. Overall a welcome read and needed too.
Faith