Start by marking “Sea Monsters and Other Delicacies (An Awfully Beastly Business, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sea Monsters and Other Delicacies (An Awfully Beastly Business, #2)

Sea Monsters and Other Delicacies

(An Awfully Beastly Business #2)

Get ready for the Beast Feast!

WHEN A SEA MONSTER ARRIVES AT THE ROYAL Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Beasts, Ulf the werewolf must risk his life to save it. But the evil Baron Marackai is back -- and beasts are on the menu! Can Ulf stop the cruel Beast Feast before he ends up as a tasty dessert himself? The future of the RSPCB depends on it....

Audio CD, 0 pages
Published April 28th 2009 by Simon & Schuster Audio (first published July 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Sea Monsters and Other Delicacies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sea Monsters and Other Delicacies

Title: An Awfully Beastly Business: Sea Monsters and Other Delicacies
Author: The Beastly Boys
Genre: MG/Paranormal/Adventure
Rating: *****
Review: After the ending of Werewolf versus Dragon I couldn’t wait to jump into this book especially since we know from the blurb that Marackai is making another appearance but instead of planning a Ring of Horrors, this time he is aiming for a beast feast. We see Marackai and his henchmen, preparing to capture a sea monster to eat but somehow it ends
ITry
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The writing is even better than the first one and i love how they make the creatures feel real. Just slightly disappointed that it's the same plot as the last one.
But i have hope that it won't be too similar with future book and the character development seems to be happening gradually.
Now you might say, why do i expect so much when it's a childrens books? Well i personally believe that just because it's for children, doesn't excuse poor writing.
This does remind me a lot about a series of unfort
Sean Harding
Nov 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Second part of this series about beasts and variations of many fantasy themes, is somewhat interesting if something that you have read before, in probably a way that was better, not terrible, but pretty average all the same.
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jaglvr for TeensReadToo.com

What an intriguing story SEA MONSTERS AND OTHER DELICACIES turned out to be. This is the second story in the AN AWFULLY BEASTLY BUSINESS series.

The story starts out with Baron Marackai and his minions dropping grenades over the side of their boat. They are attempting to rouse sea monsters from the deep. Baron Marackai has evil plans to get as many sea monsters as he can and then eat them: for they are delicious. His minions fear that the RSPCB (the Royal So
Clearwater Public Library System
The evil Baron Marackai returns! This time he is hunting for rare sea monsters that he can turn into delicious meals for his conniving and evil associates. Ulf, Dr. Fielding, Tiana the fairy and Orson the giant of the RSPCB (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Beasts) have their hands full trying to help an injured sea monster that narrowly escaped Marackai's clutches. As with the last book, there is an instructional and scientific element to this book. As Dr. Fielding is operating on ...more
Sidney
Jan 23, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rhys really likes Ulf the werewolf at the RSPCB. He finished book two - after reading himself to sleep - and insisted that I read it immediately. The second book involves the same evil villian in a new Scooby Dooish disguise. Ulf saves the day but only after being tied up and placed in an oven. Druce the gargoyle is also featured again.
Cathlin
Apr 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4th-or-5th-grade
I probably should have started with the first one in this series. I think I missed a little bit of back story there, but it can be read by itself. Very cute and innovative. The main villain totally reminded me of Count Olaf from Series of Unfortunate Events. Will definitely recommend to my students and try to pick up the other books in the series.
Jackie Cole
Aug 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
As an adult reading this I kind of had to force myself to keep going.

However, had I read this when I was younger it would have kept me turning the pages well after bed time.

There is mystery and danger and good friendships. It keeps wanting to keep reading the stories to see what twisted plot our hero will thwart next.
Brigitte
Feb 12, 2014 rated it liked it
NL: Zeemonsters en andere lekkernijen. Dit is een boek uit de serie Monsterlijk beestachtige zaken.
Dit boek bevat alle elementen van een aanrader voor jongens: hoofdpersoon is een stoere jongen (af en toe zelfs een weerwolf), enge beesten, een slechterik, een flinke dosis spanning en humor.
Helaas is het boek niet geschikt voor bangerikken.
Geschikt voor kinderen vanaf ca. 8 jaar.
Patrick
Jan 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Amusing, whimsical and well-written middle grade fantasy. Great for killing a few hours. [Listened to the audiobook.]
Jennette
It was alright sorta boring
Lettervreter
Het was vrij voorspelbaar.
Ryley
Jun 29, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I'm a sea monster.
Ola
Feb 27, 2015 rated it liked it
After reading the first book in the series I knew what to expect...
More of the same, and perhaps not the best book for an adult reader, but not as awful as I remember the first book.
Shoshana
May 24, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good, silly fun. (That's definitely all, but that can be plenty.)
PWRL
Mar 28, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-new
SM
Conor
May 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I think it was totally over the top and awesome. One of the best books I've ever read.
M
Aug 20, 2012
Lance
Feb 25, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

An Awfully Beastly Business (6 books)
  • Werewolf versus Dragon (An Awfully Beastly Business, #1)
  • Bang Goes a Troll (An Awfully Beastly Business, #3)
  • The Jungle Vampire (An Awfully Beastly Business, #4)
  • Battle of the Zombies (An Awfully Beastly Business, #5)
  • The Big Beast Sale (An Awfully Beastly Business, #6)