Start by marking “Rebuilding Joy (RenoVations, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rebuilding Joy (RenoVations, #2)

Rebuilding Joy

(RenoVations #2)

A waitress, a contractor, and an FBI agent walk into a café …

Single mom Darcy Emerson Sloan has enough to do raising twins and running a restaurant. She’s doing fine on her own and doesn’t need the complications of a man in her life. But when her café turns into a crime scene, putting her and her children in danger, she begins to take interest in the handsome young FBI age
Kindle Edition
Published June 2nd 2021 by Bellville Street Books

To ask other readers questions about Rebuilding Joy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rebuilding Joy

Start your review of Rebuilding Joy (RenoVations, #2)
Connie Saunders
Jun 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
Rebuilding Joy is the second book in the RenoVations series, and it's every bit as enjoyable as the first. I love that both books are set in western Kentucky, in the small fictional town of Clementville, and that geographical and historical facts are mentioned throughout the story. Fellow Kentuckians will recognize the town of Marion, the Kentucky State Penitentiary at Eddyville, Bowling Green and Western Kentucky University, and the role that the Ohio River played in the Underground Railroad.

A
Ebos Aifuobhokhan
Jun 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Regina Rudd Merrick is a master at what she does.

I felt so sweet and warm inside after reading this book. I found it very hard to drop it. The story was captivating and engaging, filled with lit-biting intrigue and mystery.

It was so delightful to engage with the ever growing Reno family. They are one of my favourite fictional families. Their heart and love for one another and community is just so touching.

This book was Lisa's, Nick's, Darcy and Del's story. I saw amazing lessons of faith lived
Kayla
Jun 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
Wow! I was not expecting this type of book at all. I had not read the other two books in this series, so I was expecting it to be a rom com not a mystery. But I enjoyed it so much! Though I would recommend reading these books in order because I was a little confused at some points. Also, there was quite a bit of connection in the series, and some loose ties wrapped up in this book. That being said I was still able to enjoy Rebuilding Joy.
Darcy Emerson Sloan is barely surviving with two toddlers
Gretchen Garrison
Jun 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
"Consider it pure joy. Not long after the siege of trouble that brought her back to Jesus, she'd printed James, chapter one, verses two and three onto an index card and taped it to her bathroom mirror. She'd been determined to rebuild joy in her life."

This concept of finding joy even in trials is definitely a key theme to this book. Darcy has had some hard things to overcome. Del has as well. But through time, they learn that the struggles were producing endurance. I really feel like the faith e
Wren
Jun 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
Darcy, widowed mom of two littles, works alongside her mom Roxy in the Clementville Cafe, in small-town Kentucky. Their business is doing well; town residents love the cafe and the company, and their delicious homemade and home-baked food (and fresh coffee) is served all day. In fact, Roxy is getting ready to hand over the reins and the business to Darcy. Naturally, Darcy feels some trepidation. Especially when she finds a large, muddy footprint in the basement food storage area that doesn't bel ...more
Christi
Jun 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
Rebuilding Joy is the second book in the RenoVations series, and is just a cute as the first book! In Heart Restoration we get to see Nick and Lisa fall in love, and now there is a wedding on the horizon!! So, the shift focuses to another Reno sibling, Del, and everyone's favorite proprietor, Darcy. Del and Darcy have a special bond between them, and it was so great to see the two of them shine. Del is such a kind-hearted and protective soul, and Darcy is so strong and independent, that the ligh ...more
Robin E. Mason
Jun 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
I do love a good renovation. Taking something old and making it shiny and new.
No renovation (or art project) goes to plan. And the upgrade to Darcy’s apartment just fell right through the floor—especially with the discovery of [SPOILER.]
Struggling just to maintain, Darcy has her heart tucked neatly on a shelf in a back closet. If she could just keep Del out of her face. But as the contractor doing the renovation, that’s hard to do.
Ms. Merrick wraps the reader into the story—I could almost feel t
Jane
Jun 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with the Mosaic authors, their books and their characters from the beginning of the collection. It is always fun to revisit the characters as more books come out - it’s like visiting with old friends.
Rebuilding Joy by Regina Merrick is the second book in RenoVations series. We become reacquainted with many of the characters from Heart Restoration. This book focuses on Darcy, the daughter of the cafe owner. Readers will watch her as she faces troubles and learns to once again trust
Danielle
Jun 09, 2021 rated it liked it
Rebuilding Joy by Regina Rudd Merrick is a small town Christian romance. Darcy is a single mom determined to go it alone. Del Reno is the contractor helping refurbish the apartment above Darcy’s cafe.

This is the second book in the RenoVations series. I haven’t read the first book, so it did feel like I was missing some backstory. Perhaps that is why it felt awkward when concerted effort is made to point out that, though Del’s dad recently married Darcy’s mom, Del and Darcy are not brother and si
Faye
Jun 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
A wonderful blend of small romance and suspense, which happen to be two of my favorite genres.

There is a lot going on in this book, between the amazing characters, as well as the mystery of big time crime in a small town. Even though I hadn't read the first book in the series it wasn't hard to jump in, and I loved their close knit family. Del is a great guy, I admired his thoughtfulness and strong faith, and how he is there for Darcy when she and her kids need him.

Darcy is a strong woman used
Suzie Waltner
Jun 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
In Rebuilding Joy, Regina Rudd Merrick readers return to the small Kentucky town and catch up with several characters from the previous book. There is more mystery surrounding the tunnels under Nick’s home and lots of romance with a wedding in the works.

While we do catch up with Nick and Lisa, this book’s focus is on Del and Darcy. These two aren’t sure where they stand with each other. Del likes Darcy and is determined to keep her safe while independent Darcy doesn’t want to risk her heart agai
Dee Wolters
Jun 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
My review: This is the second book in the series, so many of the characters are familiar. We pick up where book #1 ended, with the happy couple getting ready for their wedding, when there is another mystery in town that keeps everyone busy and occupied. The story moves right along and I was quickly caught up in the plot- who was breaking into the diner? Why were new law enforcement officers so interested in this small town case? Would all these problems delay the wedding again?

I enjoyed the book
Linda Palmer
Jun 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Learning what joy is

A very enjoyable book. And I was glad I’d read the previous book, but this book would be fine as a stand alone. Great characters who are shown as real people learning to live as Christians. Glad I got a chance to read this story, and hope there’s more involving this family.
Susan Jalosky
Kav
Jun 13, 2021
Janet Sketchley
Jun 13, 2021
Regina Rudd Merrick is a writer, church musician, wife, mother, former librarian, and grateful follower of Jesus Christ. Having lived most of her life in Western Kentucky, she dreams of the sound of crashing waves and sandy beaches. Married to her husband of 35+ years, she is the mother of two grown daughters, and the keeper of a 100-year-old house where she lives in the small town of Marion, KY. ...more

RenoVations (2 books)
  • Heart Restoration (RenoVations #1)

News & Interviews