Start by marking “Zig Ziglar's Secrets of Closing the Sale” as Want to Read:
Zig Ziglar's Secrets of Closing the Sale

Zig Ziglar's Secrets of Closing the Sale

Doctors, housewives, ministers, parents, teachers … everyone has to "sell" their ideas and themselves to be successful. This new guide by America's #1 professional in the art of persuasion focuses on the most essential part of the sale—how to make them say "Yes, I will!" Zig Ziglar lets you in on the secrets of his own sure-fire, tested methods:

Over 100 successful closings
Published September 1st 1985 by Berkley Books (first published January 1st 1984)

Start your review of Zig Ziglar's Secrets of Closing the Sale
Sheri
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zig Ziglar is an entertaining speaker with a memorable voice. He is proud of his work and his career, as well he should be, and it shows.

He offers a good explanation of the importance of salespeople in society and his tried and true techniques will bolster any flailing salesperson’s sales numbers. I am not in sales, but I found that Zig’s advice can be applied to other career paths as well. His sound moral advice is the cornerstone of good conduct and character and an upstanding life.

I enjoyed l
Josip Brecak
Dec 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Let me start out with the negative first because there just isn't much. Some parts it was a little dull and outdated(at least IMO) but then again a lot of the old closes still work today. Some people may be turned off because a lot of this book is common sense but it is always good to be reminded and I find that one of the appealing things in this book because he states it in a way that opens your mind.

I would recommend this book for ANYONE and EVERYONE that has a career in sales and a career in
Brad Poel
Aug 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What hasn't Zig sold in his life?? By the end of this book, I wanted to buy some Tupperware from a slick, southern salesman in a nice suit!

Zig is a master storyteller and wordsmith. He had me chuckling out loud (not quite LOL) with his endless stories, smooth selling techniques and southern charm.

I may start using language like "Mr. or Mrs. Prospect" thanks to him.

The audio book was definitely more enjoyable with Zig himself doing the reading.

RIP, Zig. I learned a lot from the Salesman of sale
Andrew Padilla
Oct 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm in sales and I never thought that I'd read this book. I simply had no interest to really hear out and learn from the old school "sales gurus." When I first started my sales gig, I bought the CD set of Brian Tracy's Psychology of Selling from B&N; I thought that surely would be enough 20th century selling skill to get me going. Well, there's no doubt that knowledge is a continuing process, and not a product, and Zig really expands on that selling knowledge.

Despite this book being nearly 40 ye
Chad Warner
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Chad by: Seth Godin
Shelves: sales, non-fiction
A comprehensive guide to in-person sales techniques. Ziglar, clearly experienced, teaches through a multitude of examples. It's about in-person selling, which is different from online in some ways. But, the fundamentals of persuasion apply to any sales situation.

Ziglar is often more long-winded than necessary, but it's made more bearable by his humorous and lively writing style.

Ziglar explains that he wrote the book “to help salespeople from all walks of life be more professional and successful.
Omar Halabieh
Feb 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Below are key excerpts from the book that I found particularly insightful:

1- "If, in your heart, you really feel the sales process is something you do t0 the prospect, then you are a manipulator. The dictionary defines manipulate: "To control the action of, by management; also, to manage artfully or fraudulently. Manipulation: Skillful or dexterous management, sometimes for purpose of fraud, state of being manipulated." I'll be the first to admit that manipulators make sales, but in my thirty-si
Mario Tomic
Apr 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Super entertaining and fun book to read plus Zig is a genius at sales. The biggest idea I took from this book is having the belief and being proud of your product, there's also tons of other cool stuff but when Zig Ziglar talked about belief it felt really powerful. Really cool book if you're into sales or marketing, definitely check it out!
Rachel
Aug 28, 2014 rated it liked it
This has a lot of great ideas and good info. I would like to make closing not feel like "selling" at all. I want to help people. Zig has a good starting point for that by encouraging honest and trust and faith in what you are doing. So a good read, but it did get kind of tedious by the end.
Chris Marr
Aug 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sales
One of my favourites to go back to. You simply won’t get everything you want from this in one passing. You’ll want to go back to it many many times. I find myself completely engrossed in the stories he tells, which are funny, fast-paced and absolutely crammed with sales wisdom. But it’s not just about sales. It’s about personal and professional development, too. It’s a classic, don’t miss it. I feel good every time I revisit it.
Kari Metzger
Yikes - I almost feel sacrilegious in rating this lower than a 4 star, but bear with me on this.

First - the good. Zig was one of the fathers of sales. When in that context, you can't help but give this guy amazing props for his groundbreaking (at the time) ability to get to the nut of the sales process. This is at a time when sales was learning to be about the customer and much about getting the sale. From an educational standpoint, if you are in sales, this is a must-read. He really got things
Anna  Domestico
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
In one word: outdated.

This book received two stars because there were some (minor) tidbits that can be applied. However, Ziglar's attitude really rubbed me the wrong way. Some will argue he was "just the product of his time." And while this might be true... I'm not really interested in becoming much like him.
Lauren
Nov 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You cannot help but love Zig as he tells you the anecdotes behind each close. Pretty inspiring and helpful when you're brand new to the world of selling (or when you're "officially" a salesman). Highly recommended.
Jeroen Corthout
Jul 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
The first time I started reading this book I stopped quite quickly. I felt it was dated and didn't contain too much that was useful to me. And I was probably also a little put off by the salesy techniques.

I'm now glad I gave it a second shot and I must say I enjoyed it.

Zig structures his book up around a series of different sales topics, but what it's mostly about is conversational techniques, which he calls "closes".

I personally wouldn't take these too literally, as many of them seem too artif
Josiah Richardson
Aug 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: economics
Generally a book full of good tips for selling, convincing, and coming to an agreement. Human nature continues to stay the same and so the tactics utilized are pretty much timeless.
Kimball
It's hard to distinguish if he is a snake oil salesman. The audio version is fun because he can talk so fast when he gets on a roll. I'm just gunna jot down my notes:

Questions lead people to a decision. A lot of people don't know what they want because they don't know what's available.

5 reasons your prospect won't buy from you: People don't buy what they really need, money, hurry, desire, trust.

If you repeat to the prospector why the price is rediculous they will tell why they think it is inste
Samu Cortés
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I listened to the audio version of this book and I enjoyed it a lot. Zig was an amazing story teller and he provides tons of insights and tips for closing sales within real-life situations. This book is a must-read for salesperson and even if you are not into the sales business, a situation will come where you will be selling an idea, a project or yourself to someone.

One thing that makes a great difference between one salesperson and another is the ability to uncover the real reason or need of t
Ciro
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I give the 5 stars not because of the many different closing techniques presented, but rather his philosophy on selling from a moral and ethical viewpoint. Also terrific is his philosophy on professional development and how you have to be a lifelong learner to expect any results that are above average.
Bett Correa-Bollhoefer
Jan 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
At first I was off put by this book because it was written so long ago for a business book and because Zig can be over the top, but I forced myself to continue. I am so glad I did! I quickly realized that even though my job is not technically "sales," I sell (or fail to sell) everyday. We all do. Realizing this and then learning from the top sales man in the world will help us all go along way. We must decide to serve our customers. We must listen to them to understand what they need. We must do ...more
Mimi Somsanith
Sales is such an uncomfortable field for me despite my confidence in the areas of communications and networking. Like negotiating, we are repeatedly told and described to be selling (ourselves or something) all the time. I don't see it in such a strict sense, but I grasp its underlyings. This book eased some tensions I had about sales and sales people. And, there are some helpful tips that many readers, like myself, may never forget. For example, it explains that you can change the decision-maki ...more
Trung Quan
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It provides a lot of techniques about various aspects such as closing the sale, how to maintain the relationship. Although some techniques are obsolete, the essences are great.
Rodrigo Suguimoto
There's a lot to learn about closing techniques in this book. But what I most liked was Zig Ziglar's stories and his respect for the profession of the salesman.

He's so funny that I laughed out loud so many times listening to this book. Be prepared to be amazed by his sense of humor.

I'd love to have him selling something to me.
Marina Chacon
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic sales presentation, Mr Ziglar made it easy, funny and right on the dot. Be persistent, constant but listen to their body language and words. Offer a solution to their problems, be sincere. Be present and act upon it. Love the idea of been aware of the magnificent connection between emotions and logic which creates a magnificent combination for successfully closing a sale.
Gillian
Started off really powerfully - the second half is not so applicable to me. Listened to one of his presentations too - a lot is duplicated in the book. Maybe the cynics are right once you've read one you've read 'em all - then again - maybe I just need a new author and less of a full moon!!
Phillip
This is the first book I have read by Zig Ziglar. I enjoyed the book very much. The book had a lot of information and read very quickly. At times I felt like there was too much information and at over 600 pages this book does take up some time to get through.
Josh Shelton
Jan 05, 2014 rated it liked it
This book had some good points in it. However, I don't think that the overall difference between small and large sales was taken into account. More recent studies would debunk some of his points, however, he was a great salesman and there is a lot to learn from him.
Dany Le Goaix
Sep 17, 2014 rated it it was ok
The audiobook is very hard to listen to. It's outdated and he likes to hear himself talk. Get the book or read the reviews where someone has listed the top 10 tips to be a successful at closing the sale.
Alexander Heinrich
Not a bad book, but very repetitive and wordy. Some parts of it could be more focused. However, it gives a broad overview and has some good hints and descriptions.
Anna Marie
Great content but terrible layout. The author was all over the place and at times incredibly redundant. This book should be half the size. People in my field swear by it and I was super disappointed.
Fabian
Sep 08, 2017 rated it did not like it
Outdated surface level advice. Read books on psychology instead
Kent
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-growth
Enthusiastic book with well put dialogue and true stories to help you remember three lessons of the book. i will no doubt re-reference this book as needed. R.I.P Zig.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Psychology of Selling: Increase Your Sales Faster and Easier Than You Ever Thought Possible
  • How I Raised Myself From Failure to Success in Selling
  • Little Red Book of Selling: 12.5 Principles of Sales Greatness
  • Selling the Invisible: A Field Guide to Modern Marketing
  • SPIN Selling: Situation Problem Implication Need-payoff
  • Swim with the Sharks Without Being Eaten Alive: Outsell, Outmanage, Outmotivate, and Outnegotiate Your Competition
  • The Business School For People Who Like Helping People
  • Goals!: How to Get Everything You Want Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible
  • Sell or Be Sold: How to Get Your Way in Business and in Life
  • Fanatical Prospecting: The Ultimate Guide to Opening Sales Conversations and Filling the Pipeline by Leveraging Social Selling, Telephone, Email, Text, and Cold Calling
  • New Sales. Simplified.: The Essential Handbook for Prospecting and New Business Development
  • Winning with People
  • The Greatest Salesman in the World
  • Objections: The Ultimate Guide for Mastering The Art and Science of Getting Past No
  • Permission Marketing: Turning Strangers Into Friends And Friends Into Customers
  • The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It
  • Way of the Wolf: Become a Master Closer with Straight Line Selling
  • Acres of Diamonds
Zig Ziglar was a motivational teacher and trainer who traveled the world over, delivering his messages of humor, hope, and encouragement. As a talented author and speaker, he had international appeal that transcended every color, culture, and career. Recognized by his peers as the quintessential motivational genius of our times, Zig Ziglar had a unique delivery style and powerful messages that ear ...more

News & Interviews

“You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want.” 9 likes
“the fear of loss is greater than the desire for gain.” 9 likes