Start by marking “Funny Business (The Brodie Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Funny Business (The Brodie Brothers, #1)

Funny Business

(The Brodie Brothers #1)

A single dad, a model, and a comedian walk into a bar… They’re all Owen Brodie.
It’s only funny if you aren’t the hilarious struggling comedian who has been hired to be his son’s nanny for the stand-up tour.

Dear Ms. Hogan,

I’m emailing to offer you the job as my son’s nanny because Sam had a temper tantrum when I told him I can’t hire you to come on my stand-up tour with us
Published July 15th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Funny Business, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Funny Business

Start your review of Funny Business (The Brodie Brothers, #1)
Leticia (jerseygirl)
Jul 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
"You’re the setup and the story arc and the main character and the conflict and the punchline."
I just finished the book and everything is just going through my brain at rocket speed. I was hoping for a sweet, cute, sexy, hot read with a lot of banter. And that's what I got. And then those last few chapters wrecked me.
How the hell does Kayley Loring manage to do this to me EVERY. SINGLE. TIME?

The hero of this book is a stand-up comedian. I never liked them (with a few exceptions) but I would go t
❤️ Nanda ❤️
Pics-Art-09-06-04-52-19

⭐⭐⭐ For the book
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ For the audiobook narration

🎧 Audiobook Review 🎧

While this cover is awfully ugly, the story was okay and the narration was Chef's kiss, so I guess we have a good balance here.

This is a story about two stand-up comedy actors, that didn't know each other personally, but banter through social media, and while he is successful in the business, she's not having the same luck in anything actually, so she's bitter.

There's tons of phone texts between everyone, back and
Simply Love Book Reviews
Aug 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
One thing is for sure if you need a good chuckle Funny Business by Kayley Loring will probably give you one or ten or more. I enjoyed this book for the most part, but I will admit I had hoped for more intelligent humor than fart, poop, and d*ck jokes. This enemies to lovers, forbidden romance had heart, humor, and emotion something I’ve come to expect from this author.

Model turned stand-up comedian Owen Brodie is a single dad who adores his son, worries constantly about his relationship with his
Amy [Book Addict Reviews]
Funny Business is full of laughs and steam from page one and I couldn’t get enough of it.

Owen and Frankie had me dying of laughter so many times throughout the story. The banter and the chemistry between them are on point. I love the way they poke each other’s buttons but also can play off of each other when it comes to jokes. There is just so much to love about the two of them.

This is one of those stories that will just leaving you feeling good and it is like getting lost in your new favorite
Ezinwanyi Chinyere
Not really my kind of humor but it was okay

I haven’t read a book where the main characters were comedians. For that alone, I was super intrigued.
I think the author tried, I mean in love cheesy jokes but I wasn’t roaring with laughter either.
I did find the popular songs written to jokes a good touch! Overall, this book was okay.
Jo ReadsRomance
Aug 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
A romance that was full of fun!

If you are having a bad day, read this book. It is certain to put a smile on your face. Owen & Frankie’s story was hilarious. I laughed my way through every single chapter. I loved the premise of the romance and I enjoyed Owen & Frankie’s relationship. The banter that they shared Kept me entertained throughout. Kayley Loring always creates such fabulous characters and this book was no different. I love the Brodie family, especially Sam, and I can’t wait to read mo
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Jul 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021

description

“You’re the setup and the story arc and the main character and the conflict and the punchline.”

Kayley Loring is one hilariously witty and entertaining author, and if you haven’t discovered her rom com’s yet, then you’re missing out! Her wit, the banter between her characters, the warmth, swoon, and the heat are all trademarks of her stories which we crave and anticipate with every release.

CLEO
Jul 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 3-5-stars
Owen is a famous comedian on the verge of getting his sitcom. He’s a single dad and in need of a nanny for his summer tour.

Frankie is young and trying her hands in comedy, shes had several jobs but is completely misunderstood hence the several jobs lol. Her uncle is an agent and is always her last resort for finding her a new job. Until he has the perfect one for the moment, becoming a Nanny for Owen.

The dynamic between Frankie and Sam, Owen's son is cool.

I have mixed feelings about thi
ReadingTilTheBreakOfDawn
Aug 25, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: humor
I went into this book with very high expectations. While I did enjoy the story, a lot of it seemed like juvenile humor and a little bit forced. I mean how many fart jokes or names for penis can you come up with? Still liked the fact that the story centered around 2 working comedians and one amazing kiddo. Gotta love when a book includes a single dad. That makes the story even better in my eyes. Makes me swoon over the men, in this case Owen, that are good dads.

The book starts out with Owen perf
Sammie
Jul 17, 2021 added it
Shelves: dnf, romance
DNF @36%

I really struggled to get into this so I'm giving up and moving on.
Jeeves Reads Romance
Jul 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Light and sexy fun

The lightest, funniest book I've read all year certainly deserves a 5-star rating... even if it's not a cut and dry one. I loved the playfulness of this exceedingly low angst romance, and I loved the sexual tension. It's got likable characters and such a unique vibe; it's so, so easy to tell that it's written by Loring. This is the perfect jumping in point for new fans - the story kicks off a brand new series of standalones, but there are (brief) appearances from some old favor
Michelle
Jul 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
This book is hilarious! I actually laughed out loud. My sense of humor is desert dry and does not lend itself to lol-ing, but this book was just that funny.

Owen and Frankie are comedians with a history. Owen sees Frankie as the heckler that got away and against his libido’s better judgement hires her to be the nanny for his son, Sam. Hilarity ensues. And, I am now concerned about monitoring my children’s cheese intake. WYKYK.

Owen and Frankie have the most hilarious love/hate relationship. It’s
Rebecca
MIA AND UNCLE MARTY?? WHERE IS THAT BOOK KAYLEY LORING??
WHERE.
IS.
THAT.
BOOK?

In other news, super cute and adorable! My love language is bullying so I need to find the Owen to my Frankie.

This was a crazy fast read and exactly what I needed to get me out of my slump.
Gina
Jul 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Another brilliant laugh out loud romantic comedy from Kayley Loring.
Her characters are so likeable and I loved the banter between Owen and Frankie. Sam was such a laid back sweetie.
Great fun.
Korrie’s Korner
5 “trouser monkey” stars for this hilarious gem.

Kayley Loring ALWAYS makes me finish her books & audiobooks in one day! It’s like listening crack. I simply cannot stop. This one gave my feels, feels and a single dad/nanny romance is just the dolewhip to my Disney World.

Nobody writes on the comedic level of Kayley Loring, and I do mean NO ONE. I go from laughing hysterically to squirming in my seat due to sexual “on page” delights. Teddy Hamilton & Emma Wilder did an outstanding stupendous job
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jul 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
description

The snarky humour in Funny Business gave us some giggles and the group text exchange (something Kayley L
Ruhla Haardt
Aug 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
***Audiobook Review***

Well SHIT 🤣!!! This is no Funny Business, this is serious written snark and aural awesomeness yet again, with an amazingly talented multicast who give us multiple eargasms to enhance our listening pleasure 😉! I just floved the energy between them all and how they brought each character to life.

Kayley Loring´s writing is da bomb and she always puts a very loud, very laughing smile on my face and I am sure on everyone else´s that is reading/listening to her books. Owen and Fr
Lenor
Jul 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
“If we do this now, I’m going to give you everything. Even if it doesn’t last.”

One hell of a book!!! This story was absolutely perfect, funny, steamy, and so entertaining, that I couldn’t put it down. A rom-com; enemies to lovers, single dad meets the hot sassy nanny. The chemistry these characters have is off the charts.

Two sides of the same coin, one comedian in full bloom while the other one is looking for a chance to prove her worth. But when desperation strikes, Frankie needs a job, and Ow
Jodi
Aug 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny Business by Kayley Loring was a laugh out loud, swoony, sexy, damn good time! Who knew that fart jokes and cheese poops could be so much fun?! Just saying, Kayley knows how to pull this off in her hilarious and talented writing. This audiobook is performed in duet narration with Teddy Hamilton and Emma Wilder featuring Zachary Webber, Mackenzie Cartwright, Jason Clarke, and Connor Crais! Basically, an EPIC multicast.

I love the whole concept of this book about one successful hunky single d
Kate R
Jul 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
And we have another winner from Kayley Loring! Obviously hilarious, but also entertaining with witty banter and excellent characters. Funny Business is a contemporary romance between two comedians. It starts as enemies, turns to nanny/boss, quickly switches to more.

Their first encounter is absolutely hilarious! Frankie heckles Owen at one of his comedy shows. Fast forward several years later, she has moved on to trolling him on Twitter. Their exchanges were so entertaining. As fate would have i
Thuy Taylor
Jul 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
Meet these two comedians, single dad, and the little grumpy quirky little Sam. Looking for a nanny for his son on his tour, Frankie fits the bill, but while there are sparks, they also antagonize each other, through voicemails, texts, social media. Frankie is sort of trying out the comedic career, while Owen is heading on tour for his growing career. I found the texting with Owen’s family funnayyyy. These two were ridiculously unaware but in love with each other. Sam though, he was quite fun and ...more
Stephanie
Jul 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
What an endearing and charming rom com! Anytime I see the words “single dad” and “nanny” in a synopsis, I immediately add the book to my tbr. Combined with the fact that the two main characters are both stand up comedians, I knew I was in for a treat. I also loved all of the side characters and can’t wait for their books. This was laugh out loud funny and all it needed was more of an emotional connection between Owen and Frankie.

ARC
Kimberly #Audiofile
Mar 08, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Ok these two!
I freaking loved their banter
Chemistry off the charts
4.5 star listen.
I loved the jokes, the son and the family.
I’ll be listening to the second book in the near future!
Great stuff.
RateTheRomance
I've decided that Kayley Loring is like my sense-of-humor soulmate, but like, the kind that also writes the hottest sex scenes, which is a high priority for me and my role as a Smut Aficionado.

FUNNY BUSINESS is the book you need in your life this Summer! I laughed out loud IN PUBLIC like a deranged maniac and I'm not even upset about it.

Frankie is the most perfect, hilarious, April-Ludgate-esque character ever. Her dry sense of humor and completely unapologetic badassery is divine. And Owen is t
Linda Cruce
Aug 07, 2021 rated it liked it
Loved the guys but not female lea

I had a hard time making myself keep picking this story back up to finish. I just was so off put by Frankie for at least the first half of the book. I get jaded, sarcastic, moody, sassy, bitter etc. But enough already! Everyone else was amazing, hands down. Owen was charming s as hell, genuinely funny as hell, clever, quick, handsome , amazing dad, brother and son. And Sam is just adorable, a great funny but serious kid. And Kayley Loring is one of my very favori
AJ
Jul 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
4 hilarious love/hate stars

I always know I’m in for a good time when I open a Kayley Loring book, and this book was so much fun. Funny, sweet and snarky with a gorgeous romance, it’s a sort-of-enemies-to-lovers/celebrity/single-dad/nanny romance, and I loved it.

Owen Brodie is an ex-model, now comedian. He’s about to embark on a three month stand-up tour, and he needs a Nanny for his 7 year old son to join them on the trip. His Manager arranges for his niece to come in for an interview, and it j
Berls
4.5 Stars

I didn't hesitate when I saw the opportunity to read and review this book by Kayley Loring, since I recently read and loved The Love Interest. I remembered it being really funny, a good romance, and a great audiobook production. Funny Business lived up to those some qualification and was MAYBE even better.

I seem to be on a stand up comedian kick lately - I just finished watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and I was a little nervous that this wouldn't live up to that level of humor. It d
Rachel (ReadingForAMoment)
Jul 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
It takes guts to create both your hero and heroine as stand-up comics and Kayley nailed it- this book was funny, a little steamy and just delightful.

"A single dad, a model and a comedian walk into a bar.. They're all Owen Brodie. It's only funny if you aren't the hilarious struggling comedian who has been hired to be his son's nanny for the stand-up tour."

This quick synopsis lays the groundwork for this story and what a fantastic premise it turned out to be. Owen and Frankie have an intertwined
Erin Lewis
Jul 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
5 star review Funny Business (The Brodie Brothers #1) by Kayley Loring

From start to finish I was all in. I was so riveted to this book that I read it in almost one go. There is something about Kayley Loring’s style of written that draws you in and refuses to let you go.

This is Owen Brodie and Frankie Hogan’s story and it was laugh out loud funny at times. I fell for single dad Owen, he is swoon worthy and captured my attention from the start. Whilst Frankie is feisty, sassy and such a fun lovin
Brittney
Aug 02, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's no secret. Kayley Loring is among the rom-com queens in romance. She understands the genre and the type of characters and storylines it takes to bring a rom-com to life. Funny Business is no exception. In fact, she takes it an inch further with a love story involving two hilariously ridiculous comedians. Kayley's humor meter breaks with this book with more than a dozen laugh-out-loud moments.

For audiobook listeners, this book is a real treat because it is done with duet narration which real
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Totally Folked (Good Folk: Modern Folktales, #1)
  • The Grumpy Player Next Door (Copper Valley Fireballs, #3)
  • Broken Hearts (Campus Nights, #3)
  • Rival Radio
  • A Second Chance at Forever (Men of Rocky Mountain)
  • The Bet (Winslow Brothers, #1)
  • The Sweetest Thing (SWANK #2)
  • Mr. Second Chance
  • Perfect Embrace (Mason Creek, #8)
  • Kiss and Don't Tell (The Vancouver Agitators, #1)
  • Wallflower (Redemption #5)
  • Back To Us
  • Lessons in Sin
  • The Enemy Trap
  • Southern Secrets (Southern Series, #7)
  • The Brentwood Boys (The Brentwood Boys #1-3)
  • One Day Fiance
  • Living at 40 (Lakeside Cottage, #1)
See top shelves…

The Brodie Brothers (3 books)
  • Attachment Theory (The Brodie Brothers, #2)
  • Good Vibrations (The Brodie Brothers, #3)

News & Interviews

“So…does Sam have any allergies?”
“He’s allergic to sass and sarcasm, so I don’t think this is going to work out.”
“Yeah, well, my eyeballs are allergic to your face, so I agree this is a bad idea.”
0 likes
“You have to stop looking at me like this.”
“Like what?”
“Hot Guy Look.”
“I’m a hot guy. I can’t not do this.”
“You’re definitely doing a thing, and you can’t refer to yourself as a hot guy! That’s just wrong.”
“If looking hot is wrong, then I don’t wanna be right.”
0 likes