Start by marking “Lie to Me” as Want to Read:
Lie to Me

Lie to Me

If my childhood taught me anything, it was to survive.
Now I have a deep-rooted mistrust of people and a wall of steel and ice surrounding my heart.

So, when Reed Ryan steps into my life, I know I need to keep him far away.
He’s everything I grew up hating. Fighting. Fleeing.
Devastatingly handsome, he looks like a drunken regret and has heartbreak written over every inch of h
Published 2021 by Jester Creations, LLC

Start your review of Lie to Me
Leonie
May 10, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
"Lie to me Emma. I love it when you lie to me."

Wow, this was just wow.....I actually feel speechless. This book somehow breaks your heart and fixes it at the same time. And I have to say I would really love me a Reed.

This is a two POV book told from the POV´s of Emma and Reed. With Emma we get a broken and flawed FMC who is haunted and traumatized by her past. Reed literally is the sweetest, always trying to break through her walls and trying to get to know her.

The slow-burn in this is so del
swedishruler B
Apr 25, 2021 rated it it was ok
Can someone confirm for me. That her sister Nora is actually her boyfriend daughter and that would mean him and her mom got it on. Lmao
She will be the stepmother to her sister. I think this takes the cake on the whole double dipping.
Sabrina
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

I loved the emotions in this book and the characters were great but together I felt like we missed their connection. There were some really sweet moments between them but with as much as Emma pushed Reed away it just wasn't enough to truly see their connection between all the angst. And then the ending moved kind of fast which didn't help solidify their chemistry at all. Overall, a good read and one I'd recommend for angst lovers.
Amanda
Apr 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing

"Emma Wade, I’m gonna kiss you unless you tell me not to.”

When I see that my favorite author drops a surprise release I immediately stop what I'm doing and read it. This was like going back home to the books and series that made me fall in love with her writing to begin with. It was just heartbreaking and painful and beautiful and the feels! It also makes me want to go back and reread her older books.

“There isn’t a whole lot about us that is simple, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t worth it.”

Tracy Reads
May 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really loved this one!
I have not read one of molly's books for a while but reading this just makes me want more from her.
Another fantastic read that did not disappoint, Now where can I get me a Reed Ryan and how fast can he get here? Because this girl is in love!
Hopeless romantics you are going to love it!
Trigger warning possibility for some victims of sexual abuse so proceed with caution.
Suzy
Apr 29, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
YardieBookFanatic

Too much angst with Ama, it's s bit turn off when the author hints to something deeper and doesn't reveal it till the middle of the book. Also, too many pages for being repetitive. Reed was ok.i skipped to the end.
LOVETOREAD
CeCe
Jul 11, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Forgettable. Did not work for me.
Jessica
Molly McAdams has a way of writing such emotional books with characters who have these “tortured” backstories.

𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒!!
- PTSD
- Rape (not from hero)
- Police Corruption
- Domestic Abuse (not from hero)
- Drugs

This one started off pretty good. I was really enjoying it, up to the moment where Emma wouldn’t reveal her past and these traumatizing moments for her. It started to carry on and on and on through the story until probably about 80% (I want to say) when it was finally revealed.
jasmyn♡
5/5⭐
why slow burn, just why?

this book was pretty interesting not going to lie.

i rarely read books by this author, and she did pretty good with surprising me.

i'm way to out of it, to write a full review...

this book took me so long, because of how busy i've been.
Arlene
Felt contrived at times.
Danielle Brand
Dec 25, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
SLOOOOWWW BURN!

I honestly really like this book. The way the author handled Emma‘s trauma was noteworthy. She didn’t shy away from the tough subjects and give us details as to why and how she had the trauma that she did. That being said she also didn’t allow Emma to be a weak woman. she stood her ground and did what felt right for her. Reed was an amazing counterpart for Emma and handled her perfectly. Supported her and learned how to break down her walls and how to keep her comfortable even in
Kandace Denys (bookish_kayy)
Cute

“𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙞𝙛 𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙩𝙤𝙤 𝙢𝙪𝙘𝙝?”
“𝙀𝙢𝙢𝙖 . . . 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙡𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙮 𝙛𝙧𝙪𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙢𝙚. 𝘽𝙪𝙩 𝙄’𝙫𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙛𝙧𝙪𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙨𝙤 𝙗𝙖𝙙𝙡𝙮 𝙞𝙣 𝙢𝙮 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚.”

Wow. This one had a lot going on in it. Lions and tigers and bears, oh my! But at the same time, it wasn’t overwhelming, for most of the book.
And Reed Ryan, that sweet boy. We all deserve one. The way he was willing to work at chasing away the demons that haunted Emma, his big heart for people who weren’t anything but some friendly nei
Kathy Mckee
Jun 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love

This was a really good book. Had me from the start to the finish. Can’t wait to read another on of her books.
Meagan Hunt
Apr 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book y’all…I know, I know, I say this about all of Molly’s books but I just can’t help it. Her books are just that good. Reed Ryan, the poor forgotten baby. If you aren’t apart of Molly’s Monsters then you wont truly understand the joke, but to be honest when Molly first announced this surprise release last weekend, I didn’t even recognize the last name, I was just excited to have a new Molly book.

Emma Wade has been through some…bad things. Her life growing up was anything but sunshine and
Amy
Aug 03, 2021 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reed was the perfect guy and he was so patient with Emma and all of her issues. I didn’t hate Emma, I understand that anyone who has gone through what she has would be overly cautious with her heart but Reed never did ANYTHING to warrant her continuous hatred. My biggest pet peeve in a romance is lack of communication, Emma kept a lot from Reed, understandably so, but she also wouldn’t talk to him about things that directly effected him. Things she thought he had done or said. All of that could ...more
Erika's Book Blog
"The way he waited for me to come to him, then held me close as if he wouldn’t let me go. The comfort and safety I felt in his arms, the love wrapping around us, I wanted it forever."

Small town enemies to lovers sucked me in and didn't let me go! Emma's tragic past rife with trauma brought her to her grandmother's door after many years gone and what she finds is nothing short of healing, life changing magic in the form of family and the most unlikely suitor. I laughed, I cried, I swooned, and I
Kaitlynn Taylor
Apr 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my word you guys, this book completely stole my heart!! And I officially have a new favourite by my favourite author!

This storyline had me hooked right from the very start, I have been looking to read the story of the missing Ryan child for so many years and this book did not disappoint!! It was everything I could have hoped and dreamed!

This book is absolutely a standalone but I feel like I was able to appreciate the storyline more since I’ve read stories of some of these characters in the
Ashley
Aug 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This was a good read. It is long, and I was hesitant because there are a lot of books out there that are much longer than they need to be, but this one was good. First one in a while where I didn't skim over anything.

Emma had a rough (understatement) childhood. When she was 18, her mother left her to get married and never returned. Eventually Emma made her way to NYC and made a life for herself, until one night it all came crashing down. She made her way back to her grandmother, Lala, and learne
Sabrina Ly
Apr 05, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reed, I’m gonna swoon. Ex-Seal turned cop, 🤩 and boy is he hot.

I don’t know but I really love the romance here. It wasn’t slow burn but it also wasn’t instant lovey dovey. It was the take it slow kind which I now know I really dig. The abuse and horror along with her slowly coming out of her shell is very smooth and easy to read. It makes it known that a trauma couldn’t be solved in just one instant, but it takes several years or even never. The fact that it shows that Reed becomes her anchor is
Lit
Apr 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All the feels

Wow. Emma and Reed are two seriously wounded people who just so happen to find each other at the worst possible time. Normally, I shy away from contemporary romance because of the “great miscommunication” that always seems to happen, but Lie to Me was different. So different and good.

The only thing I wasn’t too fond of was Reed’s family. Crazy people, they are. But this is also the first book I’ve read from this author, so maybe a little more backstory is available in the other boo
˚•—S—•˚
Jun 10, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2022, herocomplex
Solid 4.5 stars

Emma is angry, her childhood was horrible and when she finally thought she had made aomething of herself, she was pushed right back down amd runs back to her estranged grandmother. Her anger and hurt almost makes her unlikeable.

Reed is the sunshine of the two of them, he doesn’t want to ignore their connection, even when the uphill battle to get her to see him and not just his uniform seems impossibly steep.

Such a great book, so many fantastic side characters and family.
grace ☼
struggling sooooo hard with how to rate this one. loved the story itself & mostly loved the characters, but there were parts where i got super frustrated with how meek emma was portrayed sometimes.

also just had some general frustrations with the book & all, but don’t feel like rehashing them right now. maybe later if i ever get the desire.

for now, i’m gonna say 3 stars?
Marisela M. Chavez
First off, thank you so much Molly for giving us Reed story. Reed and Emma story was absolutely breathtaking. And seeing glimpses of the Ryan family was icing on the cake. I’ll cherish this forever just like all your work. 🤍
Laura EH  △⃒⃘
Jun 21, 2022 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
DNF at 75%

I tried, but the book could not keep my attention. I still own the audiobook and might revisit it later, but the book's beginning half was infinitely more captivating than the latter half.
Oct 16, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I haven't read a Molly McAdams book in a very long time but the ones I have read I loved and I am glad I took a chance on this one. ...more
Bird
Jan 22, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Slow burn. Not my normal jam as I’m a dark romance reader but hit the spot. This was good, and I read it in one sitting. It’s on kindle unlimited and included on audible as part of your membership 1/2022. Definitely recommend especially if like slow burns and more traditional romances.
Kelly Wittmer
May 23, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Reed finally returned and he’s amazing.
Marissa Chavez
Aug 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my goodness! Reed and Emma gave me all the feels! I absolutely loved everything about these two! I didn't want their story to end! ❤🌅 ...more
Tiffany McNair
May 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tell me something about you.....

"Lie to Me" is the book you never knew you needed. What began as a forgotten mystery, has now been put to rest. Molly McAdams gives reader's the conclusion they've been missing since we found out #hesoverseas. Well, welcome home Reed Ryan. Stateside never looked so good. This books has everything. A small town, law enforcement, and the most perfect bookstore. Molly will have you wishing you lived in Colby just to get a taste of Lala's cooking and a sense of family
Lindsay Minus
I really tried to like this story. The plot summary was intriguing but I found everyone in this story annoying. From the heroine, her little sister, her grandma, even the sweet hero. Actually he was very likeable but he was but wasn't enough to make this book enjoyable. First book I had to DNF. Literally could not finish because I was so irritated by the characters in this story...

This book is currently free with audible membership and with Kindle unlimited.

• Close Quarters
  • Tagged Steel (Steel Crew, #1)
  • Hard to Lose (Play Hard, #4)
  • A Love Letter to Whiskey
  • Busted Steel (Steel Crew, #6)
  • Black Sunshine (Dark Eyes, #1)
  • Evie Interrupted
  • Beneath the Stars (Sugarlake, #1)
  • Beneath the Stands (Sugarlake, #2)
  • You Loved Me Once
  • The Brit (Unlawful Men, #1)
  • Dear Heart, I Hate You
  • Pitch Black (The Boyne Club, #4)
  • Kill Game (The Devious Games Duet, #1)
  • Zecri (Stolen Warriors #4)
  • Oh My God (Saint Angels Academy, #1)
  • Mourning Wood
  • Meant for More
See top shelves…
Molly grew up in California but now lives in the oh-so-amazing state of Texas with her husband, daughter, and fur baby. When she's not diving into the world of her characters, some of her hobbies include hiking, snowboarding, traveling, and long walks on the beach … which roughly translates to being a homebody with her hubby and dishing out movie quotes. She has a weakness for crude-humored movies ...more

News & Interviews

Ali Hazelwood’s debut novel, The Love Hypothesis, was a quick hit, debuting on The New York Times bestseller lists, placing second in the...
“But love comes when you aren’t looking for it. Life has a way of giving us exactly what we need when we need it.” 0 likes