Start by marking “Her Very Strict Captain: A Tough Navy SEAL Undercover Romance” as Want to Read:
Her Very Strict Captain: A Tough Navy SEAL Undercover Romance

Her Very Strict Captain: A Tough Navy SEAL Undercover Romance

If she wants him to be her white knight, she must learn to follow his rules.

Highly decorated Navy SEAL Scott Specter has faced all manner of life-threatening situations. Cool under pressure with a tough, take-no-prisoners demeanor, he has been recruited by the CIA to head up an undercover team tasked with capturing a ruthless international drug trafficker.

Posing as a saili
Kindle Edition
Published April 23rd 2021

To ask other readers questions about Her Very Strict Captain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Very Strict Captain

Start your review of Her Very Strict Captain: A Tough Navy SEAL Undercover Romance
Sue
Apr 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What a simply captivating, enjoyable read filled with action
This was a simply riveting read from start to finish, the story was filled with plenty of surprises and the characters were simply wonderful. I have always enjoyed all of the books that this wonderful author Maggie Carpenter has written, the complexity and the details always hold your attention completely and you will be like myself totally captivated.
Scott Specter is a truly wonderful and dominant male who is without a doubt a very mal
Denise
May 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
"Her Very Strict Captain" by Maggie Carpenter is a book full of action and unexpected surprises. I’ve read a good number of books by this author add they were all enjoyable, but I have to say this is one of her best.

Scott owns a successful a sailing school and charter business. He’s a handsome, compelling and dominant man who takes everything in life seriously, including pleasure. Elizabeth, (sometimes known as Beth), charters one of his boats, and the chemistry between them is immediately appar
Sunny
Apr 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
CAUTION! Captain Scott is sizzling hot...and so is this sexy story!

This book has more twists and turns than a switchback mountain road, featuring amazing characters you’ll fall in love with—except for the villains—but you’ll love it when they get their just desserts. While reading this, seriously one of Maggie Carpenter’s best yet, you’ll feel like you’ve sailed away to a vacation in the Virgin Islands.

Scott Specter, Dominant, Navy SEAL and eye candy extraordinaire, owns and operates Victoria Sa
Tania
May 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book it was great, the story was written well and the characters were interesting. I love reading any books Maggie Carpenter writes, you know it is always going to be fantastic and this book was no different. Scott is a gorgeous strong alpha dominant ex Navy Seal, owns and operates Victoria Sailing School, he teachers sailing and offers yacht charters. Elizabeth (Beth) hired Scott, she was bratty so he spanked her, the chemistry was deliciously hot he was sorry when she vanished, witho ...more
Kathleen  R Husek
May 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing Suspense Romance

Her Very Strict Captain is a muti faceted novel. Yes Scott is a Very Strict Captain who owns a sailing school & charter business in th but that's just his current surface dimension. We meet Elizabeth an undercover DEA agent and their explosive journey begins.

Included in the novel are fascinating supporting characters that assist in the twists and turns of the story. As the story pulls you deeper there is a growing depth to Scott & Elizabeth's chemistry and relentless
Angel
May 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Action packed suspense filled romance. With a hot Alpha Hero who knows just what is needed and how. He is stubborn, kind, loving, and stern. He protects his own and those he loves. The heroine  is strong, independent, sweet, and stubborn. Is she too stubborn will the past be her downfall. She is not known for being flexible or a follower. Can the  Hero bring her around to his point of view without breaking her spirit? Is she strong enough to see past her demons and let him lead her? Her walls ar ...more
Rhonda Hicks
May 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I have to be honest, in my opinion, Maggie Carpenter's "Her Very Strict Captain" is probably one of the best books she's written to date! This one pulled me in from the very beginning with the very strict, very dominant, very drool-worthy Scott Specter. He's the owner of a sailing school and charter business who takes his responsibilities very series. Of course, I knew he would just from Maggie's description of him. ~sigh~ And then there's Elizabeth, aka Beth, the undercover DEA agent with a bra ...more
lf
Just call him Captain

Her Very Strict Captain is a mix of mystery, romance and D/s. I was sucked into the story from the start and found it hard to put my Kindle down as I was reading. The story kept me on edge and my mind wondering what was going to happen next as the twists and turns just kept coming. The characters of Scott Specter and Beth Cameron are both well written with a lot of depth and intrigue to them. Together make an interesting couple as they both have their secrets, which will cra
Roxanne Smith
May 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
Love him..her not so much

Scott and Elizabeth.. what can I say. He's everything a reader wants in a former SEAL, current CIA agent/boating school operator. As a DEA agent, she doesn't have a clue. Sure, eventually they make a good couple, la di dah, and they live happily ever after but sometimes she is a major dunderhead. The suspense story is a good one though with more than a few twists and turns so it makes up for Dizzy Lizzy's shortcomings.
Karen L Ledee
May 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Scott thinks Elizabeth is just another client out for a cruise. She is anything but... Well he is not exactly what he seems either. While he is observing trafficking, she is looking to bring down a drug lord. So they have the same goal together separately. But she is a bad girl who doesn’t follow instructions and gets her behind in a world of trouble. Very well written and lots of action and intrigue. And it is hot, hot!
Linda
May 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Carpenter, you're amazing, even when the main isn't a rough cowboy!!!!

I very much enjoyed the main and supporting characters!

We had a sumptuous trip to the Virgin Islands. On top of that, we have a former navy seal, on a covert operation.

Ms. Carpenter definitely had me fooled many times over; I loved it!

What wonderfully entertaining hours!

Man oh man, there are some hot, sexy scenes!!!
Jeanne
May 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
Elizabeth and Scott joint forces to bring down a drug kingpin while falling in love. Elizabeth does not do a very good job of behaving as her job requires. Scott is always the cooler head—until he starts spanking. There is quite a bit of drama and a bit of mystery, plus a few people who are not at all who you think they are. One in particular was a doozie. A little on the long side, but it didn’t drag.

I received a free copy of this book.
Marybeth
May 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Scott is definitely the strict captain. When Elizabeth comes on board, the sparks fly between them. But then Elizabeth disappears for six months! When she shows back up, asking for help, all he** breaks loose. They are both undercover, but for different agencies and they don't know about each other, at first. But they are hot together and they get their HEA. What a great book, Maggie Carpenter!

I received an advance copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Pansy
May 11, 2021 rated it liked it
Finally finished

This story took me a long time to finish. I didn't find it completely engaging. It was interesting enough to keep me coming back, but I could be easily distracted. This is what I call the long bedtime story - puts me to sleep in three pages so takes a long time to read. There was a story that did have interest, but didn't hold me hostage.
Tania Davies
May 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A full on storyline full of action and intrigue

A really enjoyable read that keeps you guessing who is good, who is not so good. Lots of twists and turns, a couple of kick ass main characters you really relate to. You can see they were meant for each other, this book has it all, strong leads, fully encompassing storyline which makes a change. Definately worth reading.
Lori
May 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
Undercover agent Elizabeth runs into the one man in the world who can help her get out of the fix she's in. Who can help her take down a criminal kingpin. Scott has secrets of his own. Poor Beth soon realizes that Scott is also not afraid to take her over his knee to burn her bottom. This is a good book full of danger, mystery and hot sexy times. ...more
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Jun 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is a new author to me and I definitely, definitely will be checking out more of her work!! The characters are well developed and the storyline intriguing, suspenseful and drama filled. Scott and Elizabeth or not but they seem. He thinks she is just another passenger on the cruise but he couldn’t be more wrong. She thinks he’s just a boating instructor and she couldn’t be more wrong. She is on this adventure to bring down a drug lord while he is observing trafficking. Elizabeth doesn’t follo ...more
Lisa A
May 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Action, intrigue, and romance...
Captain Scott’s brief romance with Beth ultimately leads them both on a dangerous journey with many plot twists and romantic encounters as they plot to bring down a common enemy...
I received a free copy of this book. This review was posted voluntarily.
Carol
May 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Captain Hottie

Wowsa, Captain Scott and Elizabeth, have firery chemistry. So hot, sex and spanking scenes are hawt 😍🔥.
Love suspense, sexy scenes, how dominant Captain is with Elizabeth.
This is a one click read.
Tammy
May 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
Scott owns a sailing school and when he meets Elizabeth and sparks fly but then she disappears. When he sees her again, she is in disguise and on the run. Will he be able to discover the truth and keep her safe? Fast paced action packed read with loads of drama and steam. I really liked it.
Amy
May 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
Aye aye, Captain, this book is sure to make you want to travel the waters. Beth is caught in a tough situation that she needs help navigating. Lucky for her, she meets her match with Captain Scott, who helps her and keeps her in line.

I read and reviewed a copy of this book.
Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
May 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this book from start to finish and highly recommend it. You’ll enjoy the mystery, adventure, and romance you find. The book is well paced, and you won’t want to put it down.
E. Leta Davis
May 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A very enjoyable read

MS Carpenter combines great characters, a strong and twisted story line, action, and suspense into a great read. Very entertaining.
Charlene Rakstis
May 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Her Very Strict Captain

Another good story about believable and likable characters. I have enjoyed reading this story and I look forward to reading more.
Cheryl Shearer
Apr 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed the storyline and the characters. Love an alpha male with a touch of gruff and a gorgeous alpha female who just needs to get into trouble occasionally. Really enjoyed the book - new author to me so will read Maggie again.
Mr J M
May 31, 2021
Andrea King
May 20, 2021
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Award-winning and best-selling author Maggie Carpenter has published over fifty romance novels, and is the recipient of a number Spanking Romance Reviews awards spanning a variety of genres. Her readers describe her work as, romantic, funny, suspenseful, beyond a five-star read, exciting romance with a ton of surprises.

Her work includes a best-selling twelve-book contemporary cowboy series, Cowbo

News & Interviews