Start by marking “Mrs. Pepperpot Stories” as Want to Read:
Mrs. Pepperpot Stories

Mrs. Pepperpot Stories

(Mrs. Pepperpot)

A fantastic collection of much-loved, classic stories for all the family!

Mrs Pepperpot can't choose when she will shrink to the size of a pepperpot - it just happens! But whatever she encounters, whether it be a monstrous mousetrap, a crafty fox or a gigantic mountain of ice cream, little Mrs Pepperpot will always come out on top.
Published July 27th 1992 by Red Fox Books (first published 1992)

Start your review of Mrs. Pepperpot Stories
Malissa Mcdermott
Aug 26, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Children and Parents
This is a lovely collection of stories ideal for bedtime reading. The stories are in depth and will spark the imagination. My young boys absolutely love this book, you can read it over and over without getting bored it really is superb try it out!!
Robbie Cheadle
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Do you know the stories about Mrs Pepperpot? The little old lady who shrinks to the size of a pepperpot at the most inconvenient moments and has lots of amazing adventures. I loved the Mrs Pepperpot books as a young girl and I have read them to both my sons. From an adult perspective I can see how beneficial these stories are to children as they have a strong theme of thinking of solutions to problems and difficulties.

Mrs Pepperpot endlessly ends up in a pickle due to her shrinking to a tiny
Bridie Allen
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-stories
Perfect for key stage 1. These stories have the excitement of adventure but with the cosy blanket of predictability and are ideal for an end of the day routine.
Christine
Aug 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Mrs. Pepperpot series were the first books that got me hooked on reading :)
Deeze
May 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Sadly I never owned these books, but I borrowed them from my school library as often as I could lol.
Harriet Copeland
Jun 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading about all of the adventures that mrs mepperpot got up to. although it was an easy read, it was also an enjoyable one!!
Cheryl
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fun book. This is a series of short stories about an old woman who shrinks down to the size of a pepperpot. She is always willing to make the best of her small size and finds interesting ways to get out of whatever situation she finds herself in. Usually it also involves befriending an animal or occasionally children. I really enjoyed her adventures.
Martin Worth
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We read these stories to our 4 year old over the period of about 2 months. She loved them as much as I did in the 70s when we had them read to us at primary school. They might be considered slightly politically incorrect by some ... but they should get a life!!! :-)
Estee
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was recommended this book by my mum. She told me that my sisters read this so I decided to read it. I would definitely recommend reading it!! It was entertaining and funny. The concept is unusual and unique.
Pimm Cullen
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
41 great children's stories following the adventures of Mrs Pepprpot.
Oda Renate
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
childhood fave
Grace Sanders
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Lovely book, perfect for primary school class reading.
Diana
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved revisiting these classic stories. Timeless.
Amanda
Oct 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
IS IS MY LAST BOOK REVIEW FOR MY CHILDREN BOOK & TV WEEK
PLUS A GUESS REVIEW FROM ROXANNE

Mrs pepperpot stories by Alf proysen

The blurb

A fantastic collection of much-loved, classic stories for all the family!

Mrs Pepperpot cant choose when she will shrink to the size of a pepperpot it just happens! But whatever she encounters, whether it be a monstrous mousetrap, a crafty fox or a gigantic mountain of ice cream, little Mrs Pepperpot will always come out on top
A fantastic collection of
Em
Mar 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
My grandma used to read this to me when i was a child. I remember vaguely sitting and reading this to my three teddy bears when i just about mastered reading. The stories are wonderful, mrs peppe pot doesn't half get herself into some pickles does she!
this collection of wonderful stories is perfect bed time reading for little ones. I am so happy i managed to find and review it! It brings back many wonderful memories from my childhood x
Margaret
Aug 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-to-kids
My kids really enjoyed the stories of Mrs Pepperpot. But there are a LOT of them in this edition so we' didn't get them all read. After nearly 2 months of Mrs Pepperpot we have decided to move on to something different for a while. But at some point in the future we may well come back to hear more stories of Mrs Pepperpot.
Bettie
Fiona Robson
Jul 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
Can't remember these from when I was younger, but my dear friend, Deborah got me this as a Christmas present. She obviously knows me well as I thought this was hilariously funny and will read them to Nathanael when he is a little older. I particuarly adored the pictures
Desi Puspitasari
Mrs. Pepperpot, a tiny lady who never knows when she is going to shrink to the size of a teaspoon.

Nenek Botol Merica, Indonesian ver. was published in 1986! Me found this when Im doing 'udhal-udhal' to my sist's books collection.
Carolyn Finlay
Sep 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Mrs Pepperpot is da bomb - changing her size to suit her flying and fixing-all-kinds-of-events-and-things requirements, but only when her hubby has gone out to work. ;-D

One of the best children's/fairytale kind of books, but also so very good for grownups.

Carmen
Dec 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cag-library
I grew up reading the fabulous stories about a grandmother who lived in the Norwegian woods and could shrink to be the size of a pepperpot.
Dawn
One of Daisee's favourites.
Piper
Apr 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I don't really remember what happened in these stories because it was a long time ago I read them, but all I can remember is that I really loved them!
Annie
Oct 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own
4 stars
mahima
Aug 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Mrs Pepperpot is a funny old woman who goes on all sorts of adventures when she shrinks. Perfect for night reading.
NJ Gatehouse
Jul 29, 2010 marked it as haven-t-finished
I used to love reading this stories when I was younger, I think I read most of the stories in this book.
Valerie Prevosnak
Jan 19, 2017
Linda Rollins
Aug 14, 2011
Shiloh
Jan 19, 2013
Heather Connolly
Aug 29, 2016

• The Breadwinner (The Breadwinner, #1)
  • Raiders of the Lost Carpark
  • The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty
  • The Queen of Zombie Hearts (White Rabbit Chronicles, #3)
  • Bloody Mary (Jack Daniels Mystery, #2)
  • Fat Vampire (Fat Vampire, #1)
  • UnEnchanted (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #1)
  • Unicorn Western
  • Murphy's Boy
  • Guilty Pleasures
  • The Pyjama Parade
  • Long Way Down
Alf Prøysen (23 July 1914 23 November 1970), was a writer and musician from Norway. His Mrs. Pepperpot books established him as a children's author. Prøysen was one of the most important Norwegian cultural personalities in the second half of the twentieth century, and he made significant contributions to literature, music, TV and radio. ...more

Mrs. Pepperpot (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Little Old Mrs. Pepperpot