Start by marking “Sugar Bright” as Want to Read:
Sugar Bright

Sugar Bright

Mia’s plans implode when, on their three-year anniversary, her boyfriend announces that he’s moving to the other side of the country instead of proposing like he was supposed to. She had a vision of small-town bliss that included marriage and children and now she’s fallen off her timeline. Fortunately, Mia’s friends have a tried-and-true breakup recovery process that will ...more
Expected publication: May 22nd 2021

To ask other readers questions about Sugar Bright, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sugar Bright

Start your review of Sugar Bright
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
I am absolutely SMITTEN with Mia and Jamie! This story was so relatable and I could not put the book down once I started!

I loved the relatability of the characters in this book! I felt a connection to Mia and her amazing friends. I also loved how even though both Mia and Jamie came from two different worlds their family was important to them! The towns people in this small Vermont town were also hilarious and made this book something special!

I found myself really enjoying this read and loving
Stox4story
May 08, 2021 rated it liked it
Flawed characters…. but isn’t that what real life is about?

We find no fairytale characters in this storyline. Oh yes, there’s a billionaire, a smart lawyer and career focused people. But those things are not the story. The story is the people behind the masks they wear. The story is about overcoming fears, dealing with false expectations and learning real life lessons. Lessons that refuse to allow the characters to stay in denial. Lessons that make them finally face some hard truths. Lessons of
Kimmi Bailey
May 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Jamie and Mia. The side characters were funny and relatable and the description of this town and its people made me wish it was a real place!

This is Ali’s first NA book and it did not disappoint. Her writing, as usual, flows easily and has strong female characters with a touch of sports.

Mia is a small town lawyer who has a life plan and likes order, lists and timelines. Her boyfriend of 3 years decides he wants to move to Seattle, thus ending that relationship and throwing he
Amy M. (Amy Loves Reading Blog)
I am so excited that I got a chance to read from this new-to-me author!!! This read was different and captivated my attention from the very beginning!!

Mia seemed so heartbroken and I felt like it was going to go along the same route most of the others I have read but it didn’t. Along comes her incredible friends who inspire her and encourage her to use that heartbreak for more! (The even encouraged me and now I wanna get out and get some cardio.) I think this group of friends are one of a kind a
Laura ( Latteandbooks )
I was sucked in from the very start I couldn’t get enough of it.
Mia and Jamie are beautifully flawed they come from different worlds Mia is a lawyer who liked lists, timelines and order and has an Ivy league degree so if she wanted, she could go and travel wherever she wanted but she wanted to go home to Sugarcreek. Jamie just wants to have a normal life because he’s done the rich big city life now, he just wants to be able to sit back and relax and in a small town and decided that Sugarcreek w
Stacie R.
May 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I’ve read from Ali Dean, and I have to say I loved every bit of it! From the location, to the characters (both main and secondary), to the story itself, I loved everything! Ali does a really great job of using super descriptive words, and it really brought the story to life for me. I felt like I could vividly picture Mia and Jamie as well as their friends, and the town of Sugarville as well!

From Mia and Jamie’s first meeting, the sparks were flying and their chemistry was
Becky Perry
May 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
I have read every one of Ali Dean’s series and have loved every single one of them. I was not expecting anything less with this new series of hers. And she did not disappoint!! From the characters and town that could be your friends and town to the storyline, you will be captivated. As usual, her writing makes you feel as if you are part of the book and not just reading a fictional story. I cannot wait to read the other books in the series to see where she takes them on their adventures. I fell ...more
Alexandra
May 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
This book was really good, but dang is Mia frustrating! She's standing in her own way through the whole book so the end is a relief when she finally lets things just happen. I feel kind of bad for Gabe. All he did was love her and he's portrayed as the villain even though it's really Mia that was in the wrong in their relationship. The growth seems acceptance is nice to see, and I really enjoyed the side characters as well and I'm excited to see more from them as this series progresses!

I reciev
catherine lawrence(Nerd_who_reads)
Ali just has a way of writing that sucks you in. Sugar Bright is no different.
It’s a small town romance with a hint of sports and athleticism thrown in there.
I love Mia and her need for routine and planning. I find how she is insecure but is loyal and trustworthy to be the perfect combination. It’s relatable. Jamie is everything Mia thinks she is not and it makes them well balanced.
It’s not a spicy book and there is not a lot of angst but you won’t want to put it down. You’ll be wishing you liv
Christy
May 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Ali has once again given us an incredible book. Mia is a character that i can relate to. She likes small town living and being surrounded by her family. After being with her boyfriend for a while, he decides to move away thinking she will go with him. But she doesn't and enters Jamie the hot new teacher. But Jamie has a past that he doesn't want to share right away. Will they be able to have HEA? ...more
Kirsten Martinez
May 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING NEW BOOK!! What a great new series by Ali Dean. All the characters in Sugar Bright are so well developed that you think you are a part in the story as you turn each page. Mia has a quite confidence and Jamie is looking for a fresh start in life. Sugar Bright made me laugh throughout the book with Mia’s friends. It was such a feel good book which is exactly what everyone needs right now! I can’t wait for the second book to come out.
Sandy Rudniski
May 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Loved it ! I loved this latest story from Ali Dean, one of my go to Authors. I could totally relate to growing up in a quirky small town, such as Sugarville, where this story takes place. Mia is very relatable, and she makes no apologies for wanting the small town life, even though she had went off to an Ivy League law school. This was such a sweet and refreshing love story. Awesome job Ali !
Shleya82
May 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Ali is incredibly talented at creating characters that are so easy to fall in love with. Mia is the perfect blend of strong, but kind and competent, but knows how much she needs her family and friends. Jamie is simply irresistible! These two are currently my favorites, but knowing Ali, she’ll have me loving each and every character equally by the end of the series. Can’t wait!!
Hope Cummings
Where do I begin?
Mia and Jamie are so adorable. This is a light, fun, quick read and leaves you wanting more. Not just from Mia and Jamie but from all of the characters.

This new style from Ali is refreshing as well. Not that I don’t love her other books, I do. There is something about these characters that was just so easy to relate to, to imagine being a part of the story.
Bookworm Angel
May 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book direct from the author and this is my honest review.

Overall, I thought this book was really cute. Kind of gave me that super sweet, small town, Hallmark movie feeling. I really liked Mia, she's adorable. Jamie was also super cute and a good match for her. Definitely a feel good story with a good mix of jealousy and angsty moments thrown in for good measure.
A Girl And Her Books
May 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What a incredible story this was! The characters were brilliantly written and their story was captivating. I was captured by this world and these characters since the first page until the last page. I feel in love with everything. The characters. The romance. The sport. This world. Everything was amazing and compelling.
Samantha
May 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved it! Mia is not your typical lawyer and you totally start falling in love with her personality. Jamie is different than you expect and knows what he wants. This story was fun, exciting, and kept you on your toes.
it.sgottabethebooks
May 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
Review to come
Cherie Maggi
May 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Great beginning to a series I know I'm going to enjoy. Loved the small town vibe and the friendships that Mia had. Excited for the next book. ...more
Chandra
Hopelessdreamer
Cassie Starkel
Samantha
Apr 26, 2021
Ali is a USA Today Bestselling author of sports romance. She has always loved to read, especially when there's a happily ever after, but found that there weren't enough books out there featuring girl athletes. So, she decided to work on that. Like the heroines in her books, Ali is an athlete, with running and skiing her favorite sports these days. Ali hails from Vermont and now lives in her own ha ...more

News & Interviews