Start by marking “Helpless” as Want to Read:
Helpless

Helpless

A Short Story Collection

Women are powerful and can be rational thinkers under pressure. They can also be devious and vengeful. A woman is not just a ball of emotion. Women can fight, they can protect, and they can win.

These eight stories of women kicking ass, standing tall, and refusing to be victims are Tiffany’s opposition to the tropes of true crime. With stories from f
ebook, First Edition, 257 pages
Published May 28th 2021 by Rebellion LIT

To ask other readers questions about Helpless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Helpless

Start your review of Helpless
Tiffany
May 07, 2021 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Thank you for checking out my book! I'm very proud of my collection and I hope you enjoy it!

Content and Trigger Warnings can be found here: https://tiffanychristinalewis.com/con...

This book is available at your favorite retailer! https://books2read.com/HelplessShortS...

Vineet Verma
May 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great collection of short stories that will keep you reading! Tiffany knocks it out of the park with this one. From crime to sci-fi to romance to the paranormal, she presents interesting stories and handles each one deftly. I enjoyed every one of the stories, even the genres I don't usually read. I highly recommend this book and look forward to reading more from this author.

I was lucky to receive a free ARC copy for review and am leaving this review voluntarily.
Ichabod Ebenezer
May 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Tiffany Christina Lewis generously offered me an Advance Copy, which I gladly accepted in exchange for an honest review.

If you’ve read any of Tiffany’s work, you know you can expect rich worlds and characters, and to be placed right with them, sweating in the dirt. Helpless is no exception.

It differs in that Helpless is a collection of short vignettes in different genres. To say that it therefore has something for everyone would be an oversimplification. The characters are relatable, and the lit
Carlotta
May 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Helpless Review
I am a Black Romance Head but I am also a fan of Law and Order SVU and Criminal Minds and if that crazy combination intrigues you, Helpless is for you. This book breaks the genre norms by making the title a play on words where the women are anything but helpless.
This book is about strong, powerful women who figure out ways to win. Being that I am a STEMinist, this is right up my alley. Mariam is one of my favorites because I love to see women using ingenuity to get themselves out
Joseph Samaniego
Multiple genres, strong and fierce female protagonists and a variety of storylines! Helpless has it all and something for everyone. Please be mindful of the trigger warnings.
This new collection from crime author Tiffany Christina Lewis is the prefect addition to a summer reading list. Quick reads and exciting stories will leave you wanting more.
As a sci-fi fan and writer, I appreciated Tiffany's take on an extraterrestrial horror/mystery short story. It was exciting and a bit nerve wrecking, but
amal_is_reading
Apr 25, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to the author, Tiffany C. Lewis for sending me this ARC with an exchange of an honest review.

Helpless is a collection of eight short stories starring women from different walks of life. The stories genres range from romance to science fiction to crime fiction to supernatural and more.

Admittedly, I started the book blind, as in I was not sure what to expect. And I was pleasantly surprise.

Each story is unique in its own way, leaving me wanting more. There are a few stories which I reall
Lavina Serrao
May 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I don't usually read crime books; I don't enjoy those.
But picked this book because I was interested in the author's style of writing.

I enjoyed all the little stories in the book. The books delivers a message that women are capable of saving themselves and not necessarily are victims.

Every story describes the plot in detail so you can feel the place and the victim's emotion.
Jane McFarland
May 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Whether you're on your coffee break or need a way to pass the time on a rainy day, Helpless - A Short Story Collection by Tiffany Christina Lewis is the perfect way to do so!

In this book featuring eight short stories in a variety of genres, including crime, sci-fi, romance and paranormal, Lewis offers something for almost any reader while demonstrating her brilliance and flexibility as a writer. The news headlines teasing each story piqued my curiosity immediately. Every story is engaging, and
Miracle
May 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Tiffany C. Lewis has left me awestruck once again with this short story collection. Eight different stories consisting of various plots, genres, and characters, yet all have one thing in common: women are not helpless. In most crime fiction or thrillers, women are victims of circumstance and fall into that mindset readily. Lewis does a phenomenal job of showing women aren't the victims in these stories. These women are strong a
Lacey
May 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I was given the Arc for this book and am soooo glad that I was honored to read it before it has come out.

8 amazing well-written on the edge of your seat short stories that will make you want more. Each one giving the MCs power, strength, and the amazing ability to stand up for themselves in the situations they find themselves in.

Tiffany writes fiction but spins it off true new stories empowering women and I really hope that she writes more books like this one. I will be pre-ordering one of her b
Sherri Lupton Hollister
Aug 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What a fabulous collection of short stories about strong, smart, determined women! Tiffany Christina gives the reader a banquet of delicious stories in many genres but all are exciting and dynamic. She weaves story with personality to bring us a sense of time and place. Truly loved her science fiction! Fun read!
Billie
May 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is a brilliant set of stories to read.
Wonderful well written plot and story line that had me engaged from the start.
Love the well fleshed out characters and found them believable.
Great suspense and action with wonderful world building.
Can't wait to read what the author brings out next.
Recommend reading.

I read a complimentary advance copy of the book; this is my voluntary and honest review.
Duncan Wilson
May 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
In most fiction, strength is a quality often simplified in terms of action and physical confrontation and often typified as a masculine trait. The heroines of Help ̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ demonstrate strength in far greater and a far more nuanced examples than just the typical portrayals of strong women in fiction. These women are strong, but they are also complex, real, and human. Tiffany weaves several spectacular stories of suspense, stalking, survival, and the supernatural, and none of her leading ladies ...more
Molly-Jaye Kirchner
Jun 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Ann
May 01, 2021 rated it liked it
Interesting mixed bag. Has the potential to become a bestseller.
However, it was SPOILED for me by some author's abuse of Almighty GOD's Names. This is blasphemy and is NEVER acceptable. Minus 1 *

I'm looking forward to reading future stories - without Blasphemy, please
Korra II Allison Baskerville
The first thing I want to say is to skip the author’s note. That is if you’re like me. I go into most stories without ever reading the summary because I prefer to let the author/the story take me on a journey. But the summary and author’s note ruin what I think would be an awesome twist. At least, for the first story.

Her: Incredibly descriptive. Despite the spoiled ending, it had me laughing in shock.

Emma: Emma lost me with the SciFi themes but still managed to have me on the edge of my seat and
Eva
May 09, 2021
Jonathan Nevair
May 16, 2021
Tiffany
Jun 05, 2021 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Benjamin Stevens
Aug 27, 2021
Vera West
Sep 08, 2021
Goodreads Librari...: Please Add 9 220 Apr 29, 2021 02:11PM

• Falling into a Second Chance (The Great Lovely Falls, #6)
  • Bed and Breakfast and Murder (Fiona Fleming, #1)
  • A Fatal New Year (Tipperary Carriage Company Mystery #1)
  • The Lies She Sold
  • Prague, a Secret from the Past (The Homeswappers #4)
  • Keys and Catastrophes (Mira Michaels Mystery #2)
  • Fuzz: When Nature Breaks the Law
  • Southern Charm (Max Porter, #2)
  • Christmas Cookie Caper
  • Murder Mystery in Melbourne (Jane Christie #1)
  • Tea is for Trouble
  • Truffle Me Not (Cupid's Catering Company #2)
  • Bought the Farm Mysteries Books 1-3 (Bought-the-Farm Mystery)
  • Shelter: A Psychological Suspense Thriller
  • Southern Bound (Max Porter, #1)
  • Sins & Needles (Knitorious Murder Mystery Book 7)
  • Life Crafter Death
  • Caribbean Catastrophe (The Painted Lady Inn Mysteries #6)
Tiffany is the author of five books and has been published more than a dozen times in anthologies and magazines.

She is also a publisher at Rebellion LIT who works tirelessly to support other authors looking to bring their art to the world.

She resides in Sacramento, CA with her family and Miniature Pinscher.