Start by marking “The Enemy Trap” as Want to Read:
The Enemy Trap

The Enemy Trap

Hayes Davis is America’s sweetheart, the #1 hockey player in the country, and my fake fiancé.
Simple, right? It would be, if my betrothed were anyone else.

But it turns out America’s sweetheart is arrogant, selfish, and a guy I have no intentions of letting break my heart again.

It was never supposed to happen.
But then one night changes everything.

Now, he’s not only my preten
Published June 3rd 2021

To ask other readers questions about The Enemy Trap, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Enemy Trap

Start your review of The Enemy Trap
Larissa Cambusano
Mar 27, 2022 rated it liked it
quick & cute read! I didn’t love it but I didn’t hate it either <3
 Nayeli ღ
✨ 3.5 stars ✨

BR with Flor🌼

"She looks like the best version of Heaven I'll ever see laid out next me. Her cheeks are flushed, and a small smile rests on her lips from my teasing. She looks happy."

I have my emotions mixed with this book because there were things that I liked, more than anything the first chapters that had INCREDIBLE ✨tension✨ between both MCs and the fights they had between them were super funny, omg! 😂😂

Examples:

"Aww, don't be like that, St. James. What can I s
ApoorvaReads
Jun 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021-arcs
4 stars ⭐️

”The last thing I need to do is accidentally fall for my fake husband to be. No matter how charming and ridiculously hot he is.”

I usually don’t read R.Holmes works too much but when I heard she was writing under a pen name and the genre was rom-com, I decided to cross my fingers and give this one a shot and i immensely enjoyed this!!
This book has enemies to lovers (my fav🥺),pregnancy trope and fake engagement!

”These powerful, deep moments with Sophia are few and far between, but when
flor
Jun 22, 2021 rated it liked it
more like two stars 🤨

buddy read w Naye 🖤
Christy
Jan 20, 2022 rated it liked it
3 stars

I love sports romances and when I saw this was fake dating/enemies to lovers I was here for it. Unfortunately I was reading this book the same time I was listening to an audiobook about fake dating/enemies to lovers and this one just didn’t measure up. I really liked the hero, Hayes, but the heroine drove me a bit batty. Especially towards the end. This was a quick, sweet, and steamy read and I liked it well enough, but didn’t really stand out to me.
jagodasbooks
Sep 18, 2021 rated it did not like it
I didn't like this book. It was kinda cringey and overdramatic. Also their "hate" felt really forced and was without reasonable reason. It was childish.

"I'd literally rather have sex with cactus then come within five feet of his..."

I had also problem with so many culture reference, for example:

"Now I'm nervous. Did something happen? Were we pirated? My mind immediately flashes to Pirates of Caribbean and a delicious Johnny Depp, and then I realize how utterly ridiculous that sounds."

"Everythi
☽ mira (hiatus)
1.25⭐️

ya this author is just not for me. i liked the concept of the book. the tropes are good but god the execution was so bad that i skimmed most of it to see how it ends, and ya not satisfied at all. its also fade to black :) not my fucking scene tbh.
Elisa ✿
Jun 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
so, the first 40% of this book was amazing, but the rest...
let's start with the good things:
- this movie gave me The backup plan vibes (that Jennifer Lopez movie)
- I'm a sucker for a guy that looks tough but is an actual teddy bear
- roommates trope
- baby

now, let me rant:

- so the passing of this book was weird, as soon as she gets pregnant, times fly! In one chapter she's 12 weeks, the next one she's 18 weeks then suddenly she's 30 weeks pregnant.
i just wanted more of them spending time together
Michele
Jun 16, 2021 rated it it was ok
My feelings through this book was: meh . It fell over the top, and rushed. Her reason for hating him, their little games, how he was a manwhore and "never getting married and having kids ugh" and then suddenly he was the most devoted dad to be, sweet as a pie. Where did that guy came from?

As I said, a ok read. Pretty fast read too. I read while I worked (sorry, boss) and it took like 3 to 4 hours.
Shivani (shivsreads_ )
Meddling friends √

Hot,playboy athlete turned giant teddy bear √

Major simping √

"I love my baby mama"

The Enemy Trap my Maren Moore is an enemies-to-lovers, fake fiancée, accidental pregnancy story that is equal parts sweet and steamy. Sophia and Hayes have hated each other for years but are forced into each other’s lives repeatedly because they share a god daughter. One heated and drunken encounter when they are stranded on a yacht leads to Sophia getting pregnant with Hayes’s baby. This story i
Melanie (mells_view)
Hayes is dangerous. For my head and my heart.

I’m sort of split on this one. Did I read the entire book? Yes. Was it entertaining? Yes. THAT SAID, the love story felt a little forced and lacked some build up/tension I was sort of anticipating. There were also a few things that rubbed me wrong in this one, but I’ll just chalk them up to personal preference. All in all this was a good read. I enjoyed the overall plot I just wanted a little bit more in some aspects.
mila
Jun 03, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
- hate to love
- unexpected pregnancy
- fake dating / fake engagament
- early 2000s rom-com movie vibes

3.5 || If you have read the other works of this author, then just by looking at this cover you have to know that these stories are at opposite poles, and I loved that duality.

Hayes Davis, being the famous hockey player that he is, has a lot of fans, but sadly Sophia St. James is not one of them. Actually, she has hated him since forever, and the time, the forced proximity and the fact that they sh
Carolina Batista
3.8⭐️
Accidental Pregnancy with Enemies to Lovers…YES

Such a cute romance but I find myself thinking that all of Maren books go by so fast. This one had big time jumps and we missed moments from them that I would have love to see. Also, I needed more angst when they “hated” each other.

Nonetheless, cute romance and easy read. Will continue to read all of her books.
Zoe (Marauders version)
I was sooo excited for this book. A new hockey romance that I hadn't read yet!

I open the book, see accidental pregnancy, close the book and throw it across the room.

I'm not mad, just disappointed
Alexandra (literaryalexandra)
Aug 31, 2021 rated it did not like it
DNF’d at 71%

What I loved:
Cute concept. Enemies that get “parent trapped” on a yacht by their friends then end up banging. Then they conceive a child and have to fake being engaged. Cute concept. Lots of potential.

What didn’t work:
• Said banging scene was A FADE TO BLACK. this climatic scene and the book was doing so well...this moment that is life changing actually FADES TO BLACK????
• they get fake engaged and out of the blue the MMC starts having real feelings for her out of the blue. No deve
Katherine Ramos
Sep 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
Hockey & enemies to lovers? Count me in!

I loved that this was a quick, wholesome, cute and a tad spicy read. I love the pacing, story and everything. I just wanted more angst!
Ilaria &#x1f338;
Jun 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
nice, cute, fresh summer read .
Antonella
oh, this was painful to read...
beautiful cover and tropey storyline
however, the characters!!! yikes
The Romantic Rush Blog
May 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Welcome to the sweet and sassy mind of Maren Moore! The Enemy Trap is a heartfelt and charming feel-good story, chock full of that rom-com magic- witty banter, steamy chemistry, and swoony feels. Maren's debut is the perfect balance of melt your heart sweetness and light hearted laughs. I simply adored Hayes and Sophia's enemies to lovers romance.

Maren is working with a lot of different tropes here- but she fuses them so seamlessly. Enemies to lovers, surprise pregnancy, sports romance, fake eng
veronica ✩
Sep 05, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sports-romance
A quick, adorable read filled with enemies to lovers, accidental pregnancy, and so much tension!

Sophia has loathed Hayes Davis since elementary school when he would tease her and pull on her hair. Ever since then they have had to be civil with each other as they are both godparents to their best friend’s daughter. When their friends enemy trap them on a yacht overnight, the line between hatred and lust blurs. A few weeks after the drunken mistake, Sophia releases she is pregnant with her enemy’
Mia
Jun 07, 2021 rated it it was ok

I was really into it until 40% all tension they had just disappeared over night. But overall okay read.
maddison
Jun 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
When I saw this posted on Instagram I knew I’d enjoy it. This featured a terrific cast of characters and a terrific hate-to-love story. A fake fiancé, enemies to lovers, and accidentally pregnancy all in one!?! Count me in. It was adorable and entertaining to read about Sophia and Hayes' love for each other.

It was also nice to read a book in which the male seemed to be a little more smitten with the female. The bulk of the books I read are nearly always written from the perspective of the femal
Khadidja
Jan 12, 2022 rated it it was ok
girl what
The Girl Murdered by Her TBR
3.5 stars!

This is surprisingly good. I've been searching for a while now of a surprise baby trope that is executed well enough for me to enjoy and this one sort of delivered. This wasn't perfect but it was still entertaining as hell. I Hayes' character, he was funny, adorable, and caring. I did have a problem with Sophia's attitude though.

The plot was interesting but still feels like there were a lot of scenes that the author skipped that deemed to be important.

This is my first Maren Moore nov
sara
‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾☆ 2.5 stars ☆☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

well, that was cute? It’s a fake-dating/enemies-to-lovers/surprise-pregnancy/forced-proximity story.

it’s waaaaay too fast-paced and a bit on the short side (length-wise), so I couldn’t really get into it. I did like:

♡ When they talk and become friends
♡ The whole birthing scene, that whole day was sweet
♡ Hayes is a sweetheart with Rook. He was really cute when he got excited and acted all parenty
♡ The epilogue

Everything else.. was okay. Like I said, it’s too fast-p
Jenna
Aug 30, 2021 rated it liked it
So much potential. The pacing was just not for me… still a fun fluffy read though.
Janina

POV : Dual

Cliffhanger : None

Hero : Hayes

Heroine : Sophia

Pace of the story : fast

Angst Rating : 5/10

Heat Rating : 5/10

Triggers Involved : None

Plot Summary :
Sofia has had her whole life uprooted . She is newly unemployed and also newly single. She doesn’t know where to go from here. That is until she meets the one guy who was her childhood friend turned enemy. Hayes. Spending some time together makes
Rose
Jan 08, 2022 rated it really liked it
4.5⭐️ I’m usually not a huge fan of the pregnancy trope but Maren Moore really exceeded my expectations. I instantly was rooting for this couple and the story just made me so happy. I loved Hayes and Sophia so much & I loved the nickname they had for their baby. Excited to read newspaper nanny since they set that up so well.
jordane
“This is the last thing that I expected to happen, but somewhere along the way it stopped being about the fake engagement and what the tabloids would spin it out. I don't care. They can spin what they want. All I know is I want you and our baby.”

The Enemy Trap was such a nice surprise, and I enjoyed it so much! Fake dating/engagement, enemies to lovers, and unexpected pregnancy are some of my favorite tropes, so I wasn't disappointed with this book. It was a very cute, light, and funny rom-c

• Kiss To Defy (Blairwood University, #3)
  • The Sophomore (College Years, #2)
  • Black Thorns (Thorns Duet, #2)
  • Waste My Time (North Haven University #4)
  • Blue 42 (Hail Mary Duet, #1)
  • Red Thorns (Thorns Duet, #1)
  • Ruthless Heart (The Ruthless Devils, #1)
  • Yellow Thorns (Thorns Duet, #0.5)
  • Gothikana
  • Something Like Hate
  • Blame It on the Tequila
  • Where the Mountains Meet the Sea
  • Song of Tenebrae (Sacrificial Lambs, #1)
  • Savage (Savage Falls Sinners MC #1)
  • My Kind of Perfect (Finding Love #3)
  • Andrea "The Beginning" (Holy Trinity, #1)
  • Crave Thy Neighbor (Roommate Romps, #3)
  • The Fling (Playboy Pact, #2)
See top shelves…