Start by marking “Deliverance (Darkest Skies, #2)” as Want to Read:
Deliverance (Darkest Skies, #2)

Deliverance

(Darkest Skies #2)

Banished gangster Benito Martell is living on the edge. An explosive hook-up in a club gifts him the relief he craves, but nothing about his life is ever so simple. Complications abound, and before long, he’s falling for the only man who can save his family from eviction.

Recovering addict Mickey Larwood has worked hard to leave his past behind. He can’t look back, not even
Paperback
Published May 20th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Deliverance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deliverance

Start your review of Deliverance (Darkest Skies, #2)
Jan
Jun 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, new-adult, favorites, ku
**** 4.5 Stars ****

You know the hookup trope, "let's not take this further"?
Well, that was the vibe in here in the beginning. Strong.

Boy was I tricked.
What started as a hookup quickly developed into an intense relationship.

This is GL at her best.
I just love how realistic her plots are.
The angst is solid, raw, intense and brutal.
But hey, I am not here for Walt Disney tales.

The social aspect of it was very well thought out, not only showing the street gang life in rough parts of the city but al
Sheri
"I love you but I don't like you...right now." Have you ever heard that phrase? It's straightforward but complicated and an accurate oxymoron in this case. I felt this contradiction in Benito and Mickey's story.
I'm not saying Garrett has a dark side but this series certainly falls into the shadowed corner of her bookshelf.
You won't find any frills or coddling here. If you're looking for angels and saints, I'll save you the trouble and advise you to keep on moving. Do you want fluff? Sorry, you
Bev
May 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mafia-mob-crime, mm
Leigh's latest books haven't really hit the mark for me, till this one. It had all the feels without being overly angsty, a gripping plot that hooked me right from the beginning. I'm loving this more darker series of hers, Mickey and Benito get all the stars.

Loved it
Cadiva
May 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Another powerfully gritty and brutally honest look at the complexities of falling in love with someone who isn't necessarily a good person.

Here Garrett offers up a cracking semi-redemption arc as she gives us Benito's story (he's the guy from book one who Luis' brother Dante was embroiled with) and ooooh boy is it a cracker.

Benito is not only recovering from being shanked (stabbed in London street parlance) by his number two Asa, he's also having to stay out of the city and watch over his much y
Garrett Leigh
Mar 24, 2021 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Ele
Jun 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
*3.5 stars*

I liked it a lot but I kept comparing it to the first book which I LOVED! The sex was scorching but I didn't actually feel their connection until the last 15%. I also didn't care much about the action.

Despite that, it has the trademark Garrett Leigh moody vibe and I didn't get bored, so I consider this a winner.
♡Ishita♡
May 23, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Garrett Leigh rarely disappoints.😌
Great story.
Santy
Unputdownable

This book was great from start to finish and goes straight to my favourites for the year.

I might come back to write a more eloquent review but for now, all I can say is, if you want a story that would grip you and drag emotions from you, especially from characters you'd never have thought could make you feel anything, try this book.

I'm almost certain you won't regret it.
Ana  Nimity
Deliverance left me with a book hangover, but I had an arc of Redemption to dive into immediately.

After Redemption, though, I had an even worse hangover and no next book to make it better. I must have started three other perfectly good novels only to put them down because they weren't as gritty and enthralling as Redemption, I just loved the way these men fought so hard for the HEA; fought themselves and circumstances, finally coming out on the other side.

Some of the things that happen on page
Joyfully Jay
May 20, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

If you are craving the type of raw, emotional, and sensual book that Garrett Leigh creates, you will get that from Deliverance. Leigh creates a story for Mickey and Benito that makes you go all in for the bad guy. Mickey and Benito both know they are not good guys, but they are trying to be better and to do better.

As a recovering addict and former gang member, Mickey is a few steps ahead of Benito on the road to redemption and he is living a life helping others. E
ButtonsMom2003
May 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog, ku
A wonderful angsty story; I loved it!

When I read the first book in this series, Redemption, I didn’t know it was going to be part of a series but I sure am glad it turned out to be so. Deliverance is a fantastic story in its own right and it stands alone with no problem. But if you’d like to know what happens before this story (different main characters but connected), I highly recommend reading Redemption as it’s also a fantastic story.

Benito has left his old life behind but there are still loo
Ginger
May 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wowsers. I'm always taken aback by how consuming a Garrett Leigh book is, but this one is probably the most intense yet. I. Could. Not. Put. It. Down.

Literally, read the whole thing in twelve hours with no sleep. This book is dark and angsty, and yet somehow sparklingly beautiful. How does Garrett Leigh do this? I need to know so I can bottle it and keep it forever.

Benito is broken and easy to root for, even though he's a bad man with bad past, and a wretched present. He's doing bad things, but
Ami
Well, it's the typical bleak/dark story from Leigh.

I don't remember Benito Martell from Redemption, but this is his book. Benito finds himself in complicated relationship when apparently the man that he hooks up with is the one who can save his family from eviction. I liked the relationship just fine, but the ending feels a bit like there's still going to be problem coming for Benito and Mickey.

PS: I remember a reviewer said that Leigh's book always starts with a hook-up. This one too. I wonder
ReadingAllNite
May 25, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ku-borrow, m-m
Different

Pretty dark for Garrett Leigh. Benito is not a nice guy but it’s an interesting journey to find out if he gets better. A few things about the plot didn’t seem logical. I chalked it up to literary license but it took me out of the story too much, so didn’t make it to five stars. Still quite an engrossing read.
caroline wilson
May 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I loved this second book in this series, probably because I love reading about the under belly of society and that hint of danger which is what clings to benito still as he hits drug runs from his old adversary Asa. Hes not irredeemable as he does things bad to do things good but enough said about that your just Have to read for yourself to conclude what I mean😀. Mickey was on the opposite side, he's out of doing anything corrupt, his darkness comes in the form of his addiction and his recoverin ...more
Rachel
May 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Another great book from Garrett Leigh, my heart literally ached for Mickey and Benito, their HEA was hard fought and totally worth it. Can't wait for the next book! ...more
Bkwrm24
May 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow, just WOW!!! 🔥❤️🔥

Dark, Gritty and oh so delicious.... just what I've come to expect from Garrett Leigh! This book was off the charts FANTASTIC, Benito and Mickey were beautiful together. I love me a good mobster/ morally corrupt MC with a heart of gold and that's exactly what I was given and then some with Benito, Mickey is also an insanely well written character who's demons of drug addicted past were believable, real and touching. These men were fire in the bedroom, the sexy times were HOT
Kath
Jun 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
Valentina Ene
Jun 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another winner from Garrett

This book is angsty, dark but oh so delicious and sweet. As always the author writes about real life struggles and complex characters with great dynamics. Loved it so much!
Annie Maus
Jun 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
If you enjoy gritty men whose desperate situations make your heart beat quicker, Garrett Leigh’s captivating Darkest Skies series of standalone novels is for you. It chronicles gang members (road boys) earning their freedom. In this second installment, Deliverance, we meet a man so close to the edge, I couldn’t quite tell if he was over-reacting, or I was!

As Deliverance opens, Benito, who had crossed his old gang chief in book 1, Redemption, is now double-crossed by his former ally, Asa. To prot
Maddy
I must admit to being slightly disappointed in this one...

I liked the first book, so when the second one came out, I was really excited to read it, yet it was so..not what I expected. It is not even because of its dark topics, although there were plenty of those - gangs, attempted murder, violence, drugs, money. It was all there, but I can't say it bothered me. What bothered me was how fragmented it was. Right from the beginning we are thrown into a situation that is only vaguely described. The
UltraMeital
DNF 21%

While Redemption (the previous installment) was one of my absolute FAVORITE books by Garrett and I HIGHLY recommend it, this one just wasn't for me. I can't really complain about anything, I just didn't like the interaction between Benito and Mickey. If you like those kind of fighting for dominance more of aggressive sexual interactions this might really be for you. For me, it's a pass.

I thought about giving it a fair chance and continuing a bit more but as the synopsis suggests they sta
Amy Dufera - Amy's MM Romance Reviews
4.5 Stars

Deliverance is the second book in Garrett Leigh's Darkest Skies series. As the title suggests, this series is a tough and raw one. Each is easily read as a standalone.

If you enjoy tough hurt/comfort romances, you will enjoy this book. If you enjoy seeing men overcome their tough pasts and circumstances, you will enjoy this book.

Mickey and Benito's relationship is messy and complex, but also wonderful in the end. And damn, their sex scenes are sizzling.

After hooking up, they find the
AshPenny37
May 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
We met Benito Martell in the first of the series. Here he's juggling trying to keep his family safe and housed, keep himself safe and free from the street gang life he's been banished from, as well as keep the hot guy he has a club hook-up with in his life. Mickey, the man Benito falls for, has an equally complex set of circumstances, so it's no surprise that neither of them can seem to keep control.

Deliverance is another winner in the Darkest Skies series. The action and plot are every bit as g
Cindy M. Green
May 26, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first Garrett Leigh read and I am HOOKED! I really enjoyed how raw and gritty this story was. This was not a hearts and flowers romance, no fancy lifestyles with rich man problems to see here.

The story was engaging and honest. I loved the characters and their struggles. Benito and Mickey were complete fire, their connection was off the charts. I'm really excited for the next book, my calendar is marked!
Ada
Jun 04, 2021 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I would recommend book 1 in a heartbeat.
With book 2 however, I lost interest in both MCs.
Also Benito and mickey sounded alike in my head and for some reason I couldn't differenciate them.
The dynamic of the characters were interesting enough to keep me engaged, in terms of what they did for work. But I couldn't even tell you what this book is about and I just finished reading it.
I will read book 3 because am holding out hope .
Sara
May 22, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great journey

Admittedly I don’t remember much about the first book in this series but I think I like this one better. It’s intense and dark, but balanced out with sweet moments. And sometimes you’re in the mood for intense. Benito and Mickey have a lot in common in their pasts, but they fit together really well in the present.
Stephanie W
May 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Two men, incapable of escaping the past of the underworld, are also incapable of escaping one another. Some impressions are lasting.

Benito Martell is a banished gangster, and Mickey Larwood is a recovering addict. One explosive night to let off some steam- left them both needing one another in more ways than one.

Grabbing you by the feels is exactly what this book was written to do.... and succeeded! Their personal struggles could be easily relatable despite being fictional characters.

Be ready
Taya
May 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2021-faves
I didn't care for Benito Martell, not for one second in the first book, but this book straight up just told me I don't care what you thought about Martell; you will love Benito anyway. Mickey and Benito were fire together. I love it. Highly recommend. It is going straight to my re-read shelf. ...more
Kirstin
May 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Loved book 1 and this was somewhat in the same family, but not as close as I'd expected. Still, the raw need in the characters for each other is something that Garrett Leigh has such a talent for writing. You just feel the turmoil and want vibrating off the pages. Loved it so much! ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
See top shelves…
She/Her

Bonus Material available for all books on Garrett's Patreon account. Includes short stories from Misfits, Slide, Strays, What Remains, Dream, and much more. Sign up here: https://www.patreon.com/garrettleigh

Facebook Fan Group, Garrett's Den... https://www.facebook.com/groups/garre...

Garrett Leigh is an award-winning British writer, cover artist, and book designer. Her debut novel, Slide, wo

Darkest Skies (3 books)
  • Redemption
  • Salvation (Darkest Skies, #3)

News & Interviews