Start by marking “Hell of a Party (Southeast Asia Paranormal Police Department, #4)” as Want to Read:
Hell of a Party (Southeast Asia Paranormal Police Department, #4)

Hell of a Party

(Southeast Asia Paranormal Police Department #4)

Bert’s wedding checklist: Get the cake - check; hire a band – check; avoid being murdered by demonic assassins...working on it. Bert is getting married, whether he likes it or not.

As crown prince of the demons, he’s been promised to a dragon named Samantha Cho. His marriage has the potential to strengthen relations between demons and dragons, and bring a sliver of peace
Kindle Edition
Published April 2021 by Crimson Myth Press

To ask other readers questions about Hell of a Party, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hell of a Party

Start your review of Hell of a Party (Southeast Asia Paranormal Police Department, #4)
Bonnie Dale Keck
kindle unlimited

part of the Southeast PPD series, of which there are many in the overall series, some which I do not read/anymore, but Noah is interesting writer, check out his other books, including growing number of solo ones, he is 'strange' but that means different enough for time, time is valuable.
Barbara
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bert is one of my most favorite characters in the "Southeast Asia series," but didn't think that there could be such an absorbing story written exclusively about him in Hell. Bert is under attack constantly with assassins after him to kill him everyday, sometimes more than once a day. The Queen gave him Samantha, a dragon mob boss as a business deal between the demons and the part of the mob controlled by Sam. Surprisingly, the two get along and we have a really sweet and loving romance amongst ...more
Brett Wickersham
When you are the crown prince of the demon realm, and heir apparent to the throne, assassination attempts are par for the course, but when the attempts start ramping up, and getting closer to being successful, Prince Volkbert (Bert) knows something is up, and suspects his sister Franka is behind it. Now Bert needs to plot how to expose her, while somehow surviving assassination attempt after attempt. For those familiar with the Southeast Asia PPD series, this was a nice look inside the demon rea ...more
Chris Christman II
The Book of Bert is a knockout

Set in the P.P.D. world of Southeast Asia. It is a truly a Hell of an engagement party for Bert. He quickly learns his sister, who is 2nd in line for the throne, is trying to kill him. Intensely determined to wipe him out, somethings off. She is not that smart. Someone with brains is working with her. Good thing for Bert, he's smart and has a Dragon, Samantha Cho as his fiancee. She loves to kill and burn, and will protect her man, as only a Dragon can.
But with the
Matt Stafford
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book was overall good. Bert is an interesting protagonist Trying to balance his laziness and being forced to act. Between hiding behind tricks and meatshields and being forced to fight for himself. Having to find a way to resolve a conflict without killing even when everything and everyone around him seems to be pushing the murdering option. It's an interesting dichotomy.

The romance was really good, though I'm not very good at reviewing romance. Take that as you will.

Above all, it is really
Stacey
Hysterical

This is one of the funniest books in the PPD series. However, you really can read this without reading the rest of the series. I don’t know why you would, but you can.
The story is fantastic and the ride Bert takes us on is non stop. He really is more clever than anyone thinks he is.
The names of demons and places are extremely clever. It’s a bit PG-13, so I don’t recommend it for youngsters.
This is a great book for those who already love the PPD world. It’s also a great book for anyon
Janine Corcoran
Absolutely hilarious 😂 😂

A brilliant stand alone book from the South East paranormal police department series.  It delves deeper in to the life of demon Bert, at a time when he is about to not only get married, but is at constant threat from being assasinated by his psychotic sister. With exciting and hilarious characters and a storyline which draws you in, you won't want to put this book down after you start reading. Expect a lot of belly laughs and tears of laughter. Brought to you by two of t
Michelle Reopel
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Have you read the Southeast Asia Paranormal Police Department books with Mark Vedis and his demon partner Bert? If so, you seriously need to read this! If you haven't you could read this first and THEN go grab the rest of the series. This book is different in that it is from Bert's point of view. And Bert....he's done holding back! Prepare for action, some "interesting" cuisine, hilarity, and revenge served with all the immature humor you can handle! Loved it and looking forward to more from Ber ...more
Leslie
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like Bert. I like Bert a lot. Yes, he is a demon. And yes, he does some messed up stuff. But he is just a likeable character. I was glad to see the authors write from Berts' point of view. It made an interesting narrative for me. When Bert was introduced in the first book in this series of the SouthEast Asia PPD, he came across as whiny and not very likeable. I am pleased with the development of his personality. I hope John P. Logsdon and Noah Sturdevant keep up with this series. The books are ...more
Lindsay McD
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fantastically fun installment in the PPD series, this one from the perspective of Bert aka Bertvert lol. The laughs roll on through the entire book, where there’s never a dull moment. There’s something for everyone here; assassination attempts, intense fighting, and some serious sexy time. I don’t believe in doling out spoilers, but I will say I was pleasantly surprised to see Bert become a one-woman man. I recommend this to anyone and everyone, because you will not be disappointed!
Dana Audette
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exciting with a whole lot of snarky fun!

Hell of a Party focuses on Bert, the demon prince from the Southeast Asia PPD series. John Logsdon and Noah Sturdevant always entertain with action, magical creatures, and snarky fun and Hell of a Party is no exception. Bert is one of my favorite characters and this book cements my enjoyment of the sarcastic demon prince. You will laugh until you cry and you will cheer Bert's brashness and grit. A very exciting and entertaining book!
Lisa Cripe
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you like risqué humor, double entendres and a different view of demons this is definitely a book for you. Bert is a small blue demon, with a heart, who happens to be engaged to a big, beautiful dragon. You should read the previous books in this series to get to know the characters and the PPD is hilarious, fast paced action, with some serious moments. The silly dirty jokes make this a laugh out loud book, I might’ve even snort-laughed a few times.
Cindy Deporter
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hell of a Party describes this book. Some of the dialogue made me snort liquid out my nose so I stopped having a beverage when I was reading it. I loved the wordplay, “hot little Blueberry” was priceless. Bert is such a character and getting to know about him was especially entertaining. The story of Bert was fast paced and the twists and turns keeps the reader on their toes. I loved this book and the whole new aspect of this series.
Stephanie Wurtz
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hell of a Party is a hell of a fun read. If you like the Bangkok PPD stories, (if you haven't read them you will be a bit lost, start with Bangkok Warlock) then you will love this story from Bert's point of view. The book is as fast paced as it is hilariously vulgar.

Bert dodges assassination attempts in Hell while getting ready for his engagement party just a few days away. Want to know more? Read the damn book!
Retta Holmes
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was hilarious from start to finish. It is the first book told from Bert’s point of view, so it did start out a bit slow as the story was setup. I really enjoyed seeing a story from his perspective. That was pretty neat and I loved all the intrigue and drama of the demon court. I love Bert and Samantha, I hope to see more from them in the future. They are awesome couple that I can totally see creating their own crazy drama quite regularly!
Sharon Harradine
OMG

Fantastic fun, you just have to read this book, could not put it down. Bert our little blue friendly neibourhood demon is back in a book of his own. Not for the easily offended, this new book goes where many may fear to tread, Noah and John have turned out another winner so funny enjoy.
Melissa Parsons
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok, here is Burt from the South East Asia PPD. You know Burt right? Little bit crazy, food junky, his own junk junky lol, all around perv? Well he’s got himself in more trouble. Before his wedding too. He really can’t stay out of trouble, like at all. Oh well, join him on his latest adventure. It’s a blast.
Scott
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bert all the way

Its now Berts turn to take the reins for this story and it's the funniest yet.
Not only has Bert to show he has what it takes to stand up and rule, but he somehow has to turn into Mr Popular.
So its just as well he has a kick ass fiancee to help him along and if it turns into a killing fest we know if nothing else it will be one Hell of a Party
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The title kind of says it all

Bert is back in action and eagerly planning his engagement to Samantha, between dodging assassination attempts. But he's a demon so this isn't as upsetting as it would be for most people. Basically Bert is hilarious and I'm looking forward to reading more.
Andy Riedel
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very very funny!

A good spin off that focuses on Marks Demon partner Volkbert or Bert for short! And for a demon short he is!
Some very funny sections as we look at the Demonic sosiety and how similar it is to ours, though it does lead to the question who was behind Frankas attempt!
Audrey Cienki
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed getting to know Bert. This story is fast paced and funny, and really provides insight into who Bert is and how he got there. And the Easter Eggs! I don’t think that I found them all!
“There can be only one!”
Larry Tushman
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely hilarious. Bert "runs for his life" in new and interesting ways as he dodges his sister's machinations. Poor demon, not getting the bachelor party he deserves. Read much of this from the floor since I kept falling on the floor laughing. Beautiful, ridiculous scheming. ...more
Kathleen
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the brilliantly told story of Bert, demon and partner to Mark Vedis of the Southeast Asia PPD. It rounds out Berts irreverent character and also gives us a sneaky peek at why he and Mark are bonded. Clever, funny and just a joy to read.
Bennah
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bert has been targeted by assassins while he is home. With a little help from his friends and and his mother, Bert has to outwit the assassins while still staying alive with hilarious results. I really hope we get more stand-alone books about Bert
Carolyn Fielding
This was fun! An interesting diversion into the world of Prince Volkbert, AKA Bert the Demon. He certainly has an "interesting" family background. If you are enjoying the PPD world you really need to read this book. Or if you like snarky humour. And action. Just do it! ...more
shelly north
Rude crude and awesome

More please! This is so much better than reality TV. Probably has the same nutritional value but hey, I’m reading a book not watching TV so that automatically makes me better than half of the viewers of “The Batchelor” right?
Kebaklgmail.com
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wedding blitz er bliss!

Once again the laughs abound in this clever story. I love the whole series and really enjoy the books written that highlight specific characters, like this one. Keep up the great writing!
Mary Barzee
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book stars Bert, from the PPD. He is a demon but I like him quite a bit! As with all of John and Noah's books, this is funny, full of adult humor, and heart. Don't miss it! ...more
Brett D'amour
Party time

Another great addition to the series, a stand-alone but is better if’s read after reading one of the series books!
I Schijven
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An entertaining story and the MC coming to his own tru self.

• Requiem (Montague & Strong Case Files #13)
  • The Golem (Montague & Strong Case Files #10)
  • Relic: Mask (Kane Arkwright #7)
  • Walking The Razor (Montague & Strong Case Files #12)
  • Dark Glass (Montague & Strong Case Files #11)
  • Dark Reunion (Alison Brownstone #13)
  • The Creative Strategist (Unstoppable Liv Beaufont #11)
  • Divine Intervention (Montague & Strong Case Files #14)
  • Vampin' Ain't Easy (Legend of the Vampire Reject, #1)
  • Agents of Vengeance (Federal Agents of Magic #8)
  • Last Ditch Effort (Moonlight Detective Agency #1)
  • Magic Street Boogie (Scions of Magic #1)
  • The War Mage (Montague & Strong Case Files #0.4)
  • The Unlikely Heroes (Unstoppable Liv Beaufont #10)
  • Sharp Edges (Wildcat Wizard Book 12)
  • Infernal Justice (Ethan Drake #1)
  • The Passionate Delegate (Unstoppable Liv Beaufont #9)
  • Magitech Rises (The Exceptional S. Beaufont, #3)
John P. Logsdon is a former game designer, producer, and software engineer who shamelessly digs into the deep recesses of his mind to bring forth oddball characters and hilarious plots. He writes primarily in fantasy, urban fantasy, and science fiction, but he's also dabbled in cozy mystery from time to time. To see John's vast library of laughs, visit www.johnplogsdon.com. ...more

Southeast Asia Paranormal Police Department (6 books)
  • Bangkok Warlock (Southeast Asia Paranormal Police Department, #1)
  • Seoul Demon (Southeast Asia Paranormal Police Department, #2)
  • Penang Pixie (Southeast Asia Paranormal Police Department, #3)
  • Singapore Spirits  (Southeast Asia Paranormal Police Department, #5)
  • A Damned Shame (Southeast Asia Paranormal Police Department, #6)

News & Interviews

It’s no secret that the digital 21st century has been rough on the average attention span. Even for dedicated readers, it can sometimes be...