Start by marking “A Witch's Brew: Conquest of the Veil Book III” as Want to Read:
A Witch's Brew: Conquest of the Veil Book III

A Witch's Brew: Conquest of the Veil Book III

Kindle Edition
Published April 12th 2021

To ask other readers questions about A Witch's Brew, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Witch's Brew

Start your review of A Witch's Brew: Conquest of the Veil Book III
Ruthie Jones
"Different doesn't mean evil or vile—it just means different."

A Witch’s Brew by Michael Scott Clifton is book three in the Conquest of the Veil series, and this next installment delivers that hefty dose of good versus evil that is so prevalent in the entire series. But what if some of that so-called evil is based on perception rather than actuality? Not everyone here nails a good first impression, so snap judgments would be a mistake. Just like in real life, right? Be on the lookout for a charac
Melissa
I jumped into A Witch's Brew the third installment in Michael Scott Clifton's Conquest of the Veil series having only read brief synopses of the previous two novels, but so good is the author's storytelling that I never felt out of the loop, or like I'd missed a ton of crucial backstory. More importantly, I felt completely comfortable in the world Clifton built, which felt like a real place.

While I loved the story over all I really appreciated that both the protagonist, Alex, and the antagonist
Lisa
I jumped into this series with this, the third book. I read a synopsis to get caught up on the main points, but I didn’t have the advantage of ALL of the backstory. And you know what? It didn’t matter. A Witch’s Brew is a ripping good fantasy read, and I gather from the ending that there is more yet to come in the series.

Bring it on.

Clifton has absolutely roped me into the world he’s created here. He does an outstanding job of creating the world and the history, the people and the places.

My hear
Lynn Poppe
May 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
A Witch’s Brew is the third novel I’ve read by Mr. Clifton. The novel jumps right into where we left off with Escape from Wheel, with Prince Tal, Lady Alexandra, and their group attempting to rid the kingdom of the Evil Queen. This time in the town of Markingham.

Two aspects of Mr. Clifton’s writing across his novels that I’ve really enjoyed is the world building and visually descriptive language. While the setting in A Witch’s Brew was established in the earlier books, we have in this novel the
Mike
May 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Clifton takes worldbuilding to a new level in this series, and A Witch’s Brew adds another layer rich with fanastical description and imaginary delights. From the foul stench of a witch’s cottage to the pristine sweetness of old magic, this story will give the imagination a satisfying workout.

This installment adds a few new characters to the cast - both good and evil - but our favorites from the last story are back. The relationship between our protagonists, Lady Alexandria (Alex) and Prince Tal
Lorilei Gonzales
May 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A Witch's Brew by Michael Scott Clifton is book three of the Conquest of the Veil series, which I am very pleased to find is not the last book of a trilogy. In true Clifton fashion, this book manages to surpass even the first two brilliant books of the series as we are further entangled in the battle between good and evil.

While books one and two paint the line between the two sides more obviously, I love how this book has you pondering the meaning behind "a means to an end." Is breaking a promis
Rox Burkey
May 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Author Michael Scott Clifton delivers the 3rd installment in this series focused on good versus evil and magic versus heart. His world-building continues in delightful detail, from every aspect. I wanted to join in beside many of these endearing people and creatures.

The character development continues with the evolution of Alex and Tal. The surprise for me was Lady Margaret or Maggie to her friends. This complex individual had me rooting for her failure as much as her success. Her character expl
Christena
May 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The Conquest of the Veil is a phenomenal series. A Witch’s Brew continues with the fantasy saga with exceptional storytelling and writing.

A Witch’s Brew has a cast of characters from a troll to a witch, along with flying horses, and a continued young romance between Tal and Alex. Thrown in this mix are still people fighting for good against wicked people. The addition of magical powers and spells went wrong and readers get a fantasy saga of a book that was unputtable down for me.

This book is def
Linda Pirtle
Jun 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-read
To say that Michael Scott Clifton is a gifted writer would be an understatement at best.
In his fantasy novel, A Witch’s Brew: Conquest of the Veil Book III, Clifton skillfully included
elements of sci-fi, mystery, action/adventure, and romance.

While the book is a stand-alone, I recommend that the reader consider Clifton’s first two books in the series. I have read both, and having become acquainted with the characters, I have fallen in love with them. This story takes place in Markingham where T
Lira
May 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Third book in the series--so read the others before you start this one. It is set in a fantasy world split by an veil of magic--one side ruled by an evil queen that is so evil you just have to hate her, the other side is free. A rift in the veil allows Prince Tal's army to sneak through with the intent to kill the queen and destroy the barrier once and for all. Alex (a bullied teenager from Earth) is coming into her own, both comfortable in this beautiful new body and growing in wild magic.

The b
Galand Nuchols
May 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Michael Clifton's novel, The Witches Brew, is a story of love, jealousy, conniving, and honor all within the setting of a war to right the wrongs that have lasted centuries.
Prince Tal and his advisors are engaged in a war to overpower a wicked queen that has divided the empire with an impenetrable Veil. She kills those who displease her or turns them into malformed beasts that serve as her army. After years of suffering the queen's raiding of Tal's kingdom, a small opening in the veil is discove
Cindy Davis
May 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
One thing I appreciate in an author is when I am dropped into a story set in another world and feel right at home, and I know I mentioned it in the review of Escape from Wheel, the first I read in the series.

From page one in this, A Witch's Brew, I experienced a renewed kinship with the characters, the time period, and the setting. They are as real as your own family, except they have talismans and do magic—something we all wish for I’m sure.

The genre is listed as magical realism and paranorma
Richard Schwindt
May 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
More sword and sorcery in book 3 of Conquest of the Veil: Witch’s Brew. And, significantly, now we add a potion; one that can change everything. Tal is changing, but the challenges against him mount; some in his face; others far more subtle. The Dark Queen has an unfinished plan and, I am pleased to say, this series will continue. So if you like character driven fantasy and a big side of world building, enjoy Clifton’s latest, with your potion of choice on the rocks.
Stone
May 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great follow on to the series. Fun and engaging. Looking forward to the next in the series.
Paulette Blunck
May 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I finished Witch's Brew yesterday morning. I can't believe how quickly I got into the book and finished. Fantastic read. Cant hardly wait for #4!!
Thank you Thank you!!
Lone Star Literary Life
Featured on Lone Star Book Blog Tours. Lone Star Blogger Team average rating: 4.8 stars. ...more
Sybrina Durant
May 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book I’ve read by author Michael Scott Clifton and I’ve got to say, he has easily become one of my all-time favorite authors. The first was the amazing Middle Grade book “Edison Jones and the Anti-Grav Elevator” which recently won a well-deserved Feathered Quill Book Award.
The book I just finished is Book 3 of his Conquest Of The Veil Book series, “A Witch’s Brew”. While Edison Jones was based on the possibilities of extreme science, A Witch’s Brew is a purely magical fantasy
Shelby Goff Moore
Jennifer Rote
May 20, 2021
Mick Loves Books
May 20, 2021
Multi Award-Winning Author Michael Scott Clifton, a public educator for over 38 years as a teacher, coach, and administrator, currently lives in Mount Pleasant, Texas with his wife, Melanie and family cat. An avid gardener, reader, and movie junkie, he enjoys all kinds of book and movie genres. His books contain aspects of all the genres he enjoys...action, adventure, magic, fantasy, and romance. ...more

News & Interviews

We all want to spend more time lost in the pages of great books. That's the idea behind our annual 2021 Goodreads Reading Challenge! It's...