Start by marking “Fake (West Hollywood #1)” as Want to Read:
Fake (West Hollywood #1)

Fake

(West Hollywood #1)

He walks the red carpet. She’s more familiar with vacuuming one.

When a scandal tarnishes the reputation of hot as hell A-lister, Patrick Walsh, he needs a reputation rescue, pronto.

Enter waitress Norah Peers–a nobody who’s average with a capital A. She’s available, dependable, and has sworn off men for the rest of her natural born life. In other words: the perfect match
Published May 18th 2021 by Kylie Scott

To ask other readers questions about Fake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fake

Start your review of Fake (West Hollywood #1)
Christy
May 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2021-five-stars
5 stars

001(56)

Fake is one of those books that left a smile on my face from start to finish. Such a sweet, fun, and feel good read. Honestly, there wasn't a thing I didn't love about this book. When I heard this was a fake dating/modern day Cinderella story I was here for it. I couldn't have loved it more

Norah is a waitress who occasionally waited on the famous action film star Patrick Walsh. When she overhears a conversation about his publicist trying to set him up with someone who can clean up hi
ren ♡
“What if I mess up and people think you’re an idiot for dating me?” I asked.
“Fuck ’em.”

Kylie Scott is an author that’s on my auto-buy list. The Stage Dive series, as well as Repeat, are absolute favorites of mine... I reread them every year and I’m always stalking her Instagram page to see what new book she’s working on, so I was super excited for this one! Fake was a very character driven story that definitely delivered in the fake-relationship department!

Plot:

When Hollywoo
♡tanaz♡
yikes, this book was so boring.

i've read plenty of fake relationship books but this one takes the award for the worst one.

i mean we have the world's blandest hero (how is this man a hollywood heartthrob??? he was just so boring, no personality whatsoever) and a heroine who tried to come across as funny but got annoying. i just couldn't connect with a single character.

the chapters were long/short at the same time? there was no substance, the move from forming a friendship to them boning was gradu
Isabella. R
4 Cost of Fame Stars ⭐

According to his agent, Movie Star Patrick Walsh needs a fake girlfriend. When a scandal almost tanks his career, he finds himself without options. With his hands tied, the least he can do is choose his own candidate.

They couldn't compete with how pure and true our love is. Why we make Cinderella and Prince Charming look like a pair of losers.

Norah is a waitress working multiple jobs to support Gran and herself. When Patrick offers her a 'job opportunity' which will solve h
Penny Reid
May 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I think I needed this book. I think maybe everyone--especially after the year we've had-- needs this book.

Review to come!
✰ Liz ✰
"You can have whatever you want from me."
description

Fake is the first book in the West Hollywood Series. Patrick Walsh is an A-List Actor who has it all. But even good looks, talent, and charm cannot save him from the scandal he finds himself the center of. In order to get back into the good graces of the entertainment industry, his agent decides he needs to find himself a new girlfriend in order to distract the paparazzi. Norah Peers is a waitress working hard to support her grandmother. When Patrick
Lucía Robles
May 18, 2021 rated it liked it
This is a quick easy read, but everything happened too fast giving me almost no time to assimilate what happened before another big event occured.

It had your typical clichés that comes by fake dating a big Hollywood actor with some added sprinkles of OTT drama.
But there’s the only-one-bed trope which I am a sucker for 😍

I wish we got dual POV, because the hero at the beginning was behaving in a very strange manner, making it impossible to read him.
And also, no epilogue 😭 Just please give me the
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
May 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 Stars!
(ARC provided by Social Butterfly PR)

58A9F3A6-64AF-42E3-918C-13EAE1CC07B0

Patrick Walsh is practically Hollywood royalty. He's been part of the elite crowd in LA since he hit it big as a movie star. He's talented, famous, and extremely private. Image is everything in the industry, so when gossip about a recent scandal he was linked to is all over social media, he must revive his career by repairing his reputation. He needs a distraction to divert attention to something else. Enter new mystery woman Norah Peers. Fake dat
Dora Koutsoukou
2 🤔😔⭐️s

I am sorry to say that this story was flat, emotionless and slightly boring, the characters were uninteresting and impassive and the ending was abrupt and felt discharged.
ApoorvaReads
May 09, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2021-arcs
3.25 stars ⭐️

”The thing is, I’d finally met a man who not only liked me, but he supported me and said he was proud of me. He actually listened when I got verbal diarrhea. Too bad we were fake.”

This was my first novel by Kylie Scott and I personally think she did a pretty good job. I liked the setting of the book and though I think that this one was a little too predictable and cliché, I had fun cause i was looking for an easy and light-hearted read.

”When it came to Patrick, you got the sense th
Chaity
May 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021
I was sensing a slump coming, but this book came out and said, “No.”

Fake is a disgustingly sweet, pretty well-written, humorous, and feel-good book with bunch of Hollywood dramas, likable characters, and all the delicious tropes. Boy do I feel single right now. It was a pretty quick read for me, I got my copy one midnight and finished it by the evening of the following day,this made me realize why I love reading this author's books so much in the first place. Lead by her is one of my most-read
Emma Scott
May 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Swoony, sweet and SO well-written. The wit just jumps off the page. I loved the heroine. She was relatable without being a doormat and Kylie Scott really nailed the sort of elusive "Omg that's a celebrity" aura surrounding Patrick.

This book was light and fun but not without its depth and heartfelt emotion. Just what I needed. <3
VB Book Reviews
4 Stars!

“I just need you to make the first move,” he said, voice guttural.
“Pay attention, Paddy.” I smiled. “I already did.”

29990881(1)

Happy sigh...I so needed this book! This was the perfect, sweet beach read. I’ve had MANY of this author’s books on my TBR for years. I know, I know...I am kicking my own butt over here!

This is a modern-day Cinderella retelling of a waitress who gets swept up by an A-list actor in a fake dating arrangement to save his tarnished reputation.

Right away,
Laura ❀
🌼 3.25 stars 🌼

🌼 Summary 🌼

Norah Peers (30) works at the restaurant Little Italy as a waitress whilst also working various other jobs to make ends meet. It is whilst waitressing that she meets big Hollywood star Patrick Walsh (36) who made one bad decision that has tarnished his reputation. Following the advice of his agent, as a means to take the press attention away from the situation, Patrick is looking for a fake, steady girlfriend and he decides Norah would be perfect for the job - so begins
mila
May 16, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
Hi, your light and fun fake dating romance of the month has arrived!

Patrick Walsh could have been the perfect golden actor, but after getting caught up in a scandal that may end his career, he needs a cleanup ASAP, And who else but Norah Peers for the role that could save his life? Maybe she's a little quirky and can't stop talking when she's nervous, but this waitress can't pass up this offer. And what if she has a teeny tiny crush on Patrick? It doesn't matter as long as she knows they're pret
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
I loved it, exactly what I needed . Great romance and the set up! I loved both the characters!

Review to come !

✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

Norah + Patrick.

Norah is 30 years old. She's pretty happy working her waitressing job at this little Italian restaurant. Plus a second job so she can pay for her grandma's senior living place.
Her success with relationships is nothing to write home about - that's why she's a on little break from dating.
Enter Patrick - a regular diner at her restaurant.
He's 36 year old Hollywood star.
He's in a bit of a PR nightmare at the moment - so his people need him to get a fake girlfriend for a few months un
Wendy'sThoughts
May 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kylie Scott Fans, Romance
5 Yes, Yes, Yes, Kylie Stars
* * * * * Spoiler Free
I have had a girl crush on Kylie Scott's writing for years. She was an author who captured my heart with her creation of Mal Ericson, drummer for the world-famous rock band Stage Dive. Yes, it was Mal's love story that really took me to a place where I was laughing, snorting, and also understanding all that he was through it all. He also became the biggest cheerleader for his love interest, Anne. I am telling you if you want to have a moment wher
Jennifer Kyle
May 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
4 Stars ⭐️
Sentranced Jem
May 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-2021

Kylie Scott is definitely one of my go-to authors. I love her books so much! I think it’s safe to say that, every die hard fan of contemporary romance genre has read at least one of her books. I was beyond excited to read Fake!

I had such a fun time reading Fake by Kylie Scott. This slow-burn, fake relationship is so well written.

I liked Norah from the get go… Sarcastic, sassy, relatable, honest and real.

Patrick on the other hand was a mystery. Even when I was at the 48% mark, I don
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Norah has a pretty routined life, she works in a diner where most days are the same. The most important person in her life is her grandmother and keeping her happy and safe is what drives her to keep showing up each day.

Patrick Walsh is a Hollywood heart throb who is in a bit of a PR pickle at the moment. If he wants to save his career he needs to show everyone that he is not the man the press are portraying him to be. He needs to show them a different side of his personality, the more centred a
Katie
May 19, 2021 rated it liked it
3.25+ stars
This was a sweet and safe read. It had flavours of Wall of Winnipeg but subtle. The H was broody and famous. The h was sweet and smart and genuine.

This was going along so well but had such an abrupt finish. HEA but still-bam!

Will read author again.
Stacey is Sassy
Wouldn't it be lovely...

While a very small part of me knows that Fake was more like a fairytale, a very large part of me couldn't help but think ... wouldn't it be lovely if all heroes could look like this cover model, and act like Prince Charming?

I am a sucker for my book heroes to be almost perfect. Good looks, money, a fabulous career, and a loving family made Paddy almost perfect. I think it really shows the authors talent when she can make a fairytale hero seem like a normal bloke, vulnerab
Jeeves Reads Romance
May 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2021-arcs
So devourable! While this wasn’t a perfect ten for me, I thoroughly enjoyed it. There’s a light, laidback feel that makes the pages fly by, and I’ve always been a sucker for a good fake relationship romance. The Hollywood spin and forced proximity really worked for me here, and while I was often frustrated that we didn’t get the hero’s perspective, trying to figure out what he was thinking was half the fun. It’s a quick, bingeable read that stays light and has a touch of sexy. I read it in one s ...more
Jam
This was exactly what I needed right now

Did it reinvent the wheel? no.
Were the characters as flushed out as I would have liked? no

However!

We got looooow basically no angst, fake dating (YES), a pretty nice relationship development even if it was a bit fast, some good jokes and just pure fluff. I am happy 😌
Ⓐlleskelle - That ranting lady ッ
I usually love the fake relationship trope, even more when it involves a celebrity male and a regular heroine but I just couldn't get into Patrick and Norah's story. The whole affair was boring. Not much was done to make either character interesting outside their fake arrangement and even this didn't bring the usual feels of two person discovering one another under a close proximity setting.

Patrick was this one dimensional male, forever brooding and frowning but nothing more, I mean for an actor
Antonella
May 24, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: fake-dating
one word to describe my reading experience - effortless. I flew through this book.. now the other issue is will this book leave any lasting impressions... I don't think so!!
I can't pinpoint what it is about it but everything felt just fine..I didn't have any emotion towards anything happening or characters..very lukewarm..
it was weird because while reading this I felt like everyone was saying what they should be saying and it made me feel fake..no pun intended.. I don't think I can explain it r
SimplyƝì₭
This was a perfect summer read. Patrick Walsh was a dreamy Hollywood type, Sex on wheels with a bank account to match. His soon to be love interest Norah Peers is an average modern American woman. She's independent, loyal, witty and has sass in spades from her Gran which she supports.

This story was neither too complex nor too simple it was just right. I highly recommend this book if you want a great smile, feel good read. Kylie you did it again, warmed my heart from the inside out.
AJ
5 stars

I love this book so much! A fun, chemistry-filled, sexy and romantic cindarella-esque story where a struggling waitress is plucked from her ‘ordinary’ life to become the fake girlfriend to a Hollywood heartthrob. It’s so entertaining, I couldn’t put this book down and read it one blissful sitting, with a smile on my face the whole time.

When Hollywood A-Lister Patrick Walsh finds himself in the middle of a scandal, his team come up with a plan to show him in a committed relationship with
Sophie's Reading Corner
Jun 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
Fake relationship is one of my favorite tropes. So as soon as I saw that Kylie had a new book and I read the synopsis of this book, I knew that I would need to read it.

Patrick is a Hollywood star, but he needs to fix his image, especially after something that occured recently. Therefore they suggest to have a pretend girlfriend. Norah is a waitress in his favorite diner and he makes the proposal to her to be his fake partner.

This was such a cute story. I thought that the trope was handled prop
Some Like It Hot!: Guess Who's Back?? 1 14 May 19, 2021 09:18AM
See top shelves…
New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Australian Romance Writer.