Jump to ratings and reviews
Rejected Mate Academy is back in session.

Unwanted. Dismissed. Forsaken.

As if it’s not bad enough that I’m the OG at Greystone, Lydia has decided that the school’s apparent generosity is running out. I have two weeks to get my mate to accept me—or I’m out. Left to die. Feral.

With the odds already stacked against me, I return to Daybreak for the Winter Solstice festivities. One last chance. One more desperate attempt. However, what’s supposed to be a time filled with fun and falling in love is the complete opposite.

Not only is someone trying to kill me, but things are heating up with the wrong person—a shifter who is most definitely not my mate.

I guess I’m playing the game of what’s going to take me out first: Feral, a murdering psychopath, or breaking the pack’s most cherished law.

***The Rejected Mate Academy series is an M/F wolf shifter romance where each book focuses on different couples.

330 pages, Kindle Edition

Published August 9, 2021

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

E.M. Moore

102 books1,562 followers
E. M. Moore is a USA Today Bestselling author of Contemporary and Paranormal Romance. She's drawn to write within the teen and college-aged years where her characters get knocked on their asses, torn inside out, and put back together again by their first loves. Whether it's in a fantastical setting where human guards protect the creatures of the night or a realistic high school backdrop where social cliques rule the halls, the emotions are the same. Dark. Twisty. Angsty. Raw.

When Erin's not writing, you can find her dreaming up vacations for her family, watching murder mystery shows, or dancing in her kitchen while she pretends to cook.

To keep up with her and her books, you can like E. M. Moore on Facebook! (Just copy and paste the following link into your browser.) https://www.facebook.com/EMMooreBooks/

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
40 (4%)
1 star
8 (<1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 171 reviews
Profile Image for The Romantic Rush Blog.
1,569 reviews732 followers
May 2, 2022
***3.5 stars***

I was eagerly awaiting this second book in the series after the first book BLEW ME away. Untamed was hands down one of my favorite reads of the year and one of the most innovative and energetic takes I’d read on the rejected mate trope in a while. The world building, the chemistry, the clever and subversive take on the arbitrary and patriarchal social constructs of love and relationships- it was just chefs kiss. And, I was excited to get the backstory Mia in particular- the longest standing student at the rejected academy and a girl with the biggest heart.

Mia most certainly lived up to my expectations. She’s fantastic-she’s kind, loving, empathetic, and so thoughtful as a character. I adored her even more in this book- I was rooting for her so hard. The rest of the book, however, fell a bit short for me. Perhaps its an unfair comparison- my expectations were just incredibly high after I was so obsessed with book one. But this second story is missing some of the depth I admired in the first, didn’t quite have the same chemistry sizzle, and the ending felt abrupt and incomplete.

Mia and Nathan are adorable, and I loved how EM has this story deviate greatly from the first. The twists were brilliant- and ensures the story doesn’t start to feel rote or formulaic. But, while I felt like we got the spark of Mia I wanted, Nathan felt a bit generic and underdeveloped. I found him dreamy, and I loved them together, I just feel like we didn’t get to know him. Perhaps that is because we have a short-term love triangle (or quadrilateral?) for a hot second or because we only have one POV, but I felt like he was a bit one note. Likeable, but not super specific. The result is that their chemistry is SUPER sexy, and we have great steamy times, but I didn’t feel the same emotional connection or falling in love charm like the book prior- perhaps because these two are supposed to already be so close, but they just didn’t feel that way to me. Again, the plot was super clever, but the ending just kind of falls off. Perhaps that was intentional and we are going to get more, but I felt like we are missing any real closer, and this feels more like a HFN than a HEA. I even thought maybe my copy was missing some closing chapters.

I still ADORE this series, and Mia makes this book worth the read- from book one I’ve been desperate for her to get the love she deserves so much. And she got it- so I’m happy. Not quite the magic for me that was the first book, but I’m still so enchanted by this series, so i’ll be sticking with it.
Profile Image for Serial Romance Librarian.
690 reviews149 followers
November 6, 2021
*** Book Q & A***

* How did the book make you feel?: I was really rooting for Mia and Nathan. I hated this book ended on a cliffhanger.

* How do you feel about how the story was told?: It’s told from Mia’s perspective. I would’ve liked to have gotten to know Nathan a bit better. The Academy is exposed for how unjust it really is. The pack dynamics are really messed up.

* What did you think about the main characters?: loved Mia and Nathan from the previous book. They had some really hot scenes. Nathan was pretty damn sexy!

* Which parts of the book stood out to you?: I loved how Nathan swooped in and became everything for Mia. I’m also dying to know about the Feral pack.

* What themes/tropes did you detect in the story?: rejected mate

* What did you think about the ending?: It was a cliffhanger. Hate those. Wonder when the next book will come out? Everything is in limbo.

* What is your impression of the author?: This is my second book by this author and I enjoy her writing style.

Possible Triggers and Safety: both MC’s mates are with OP
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Serena Loves Books.
1,186 reviews71 followers
September 16, 2021
2-FORSAKEN-EMMOORE
'No me importa que no seas mía por un tecnicismo, estás aquí ". Él coloca su mano sobre su corazón'.

•Mi opinión puede contener Spoilers

•Esta destinada a ser un descargo personal no para que alguien más lea pero si lo haces y te ofende, me disculpo porque sé lo que es que te guste un libro y otros lo critiquen

Forsaken de E. M. Moore Serie Rejected Mate Academy libro 2

Argumento:

Rejected Mate Academy está de vuelta en sesión.

No deseado. Despedido. Abandonado.

Como si no fuera suficientemente malo ser el OG en Greystone, Lydia ha decidido que la aparente generosidad de la escuela se está agotando. Tengo dos semanas para que mi pareja me acepte, o me voy. Abandonada para morir. Salvaje.

Con las probabilidades en mi contra, regreso a Daybreak para las festividades del solsticio de invierno. Una última oportunidad. Un intento más desesperado. Sin embargo, lo que se supone que es un momento lleno de diversión y enamoramiento es todo lo contrario.

No solo alguien está tratando de matarme, sino que las cosas se están calentando con la persona equivocada, un cambiaformas que definitivamente no es mi pareja.

Supongo que estoy jugando el juego de lo que me sacará primero: Salvaje, un psicópata asesino o quebrantar la ley más querida de la manada.

Mí humilde opinión:

Me gustó mucho el libro de Nathan y Mía! Iba en un ángulo distinto al primero. Los protagonistas fueron rechazados y dejados en espera en la academia más tiempo que nadie, son mejores amigos y de la misma manada, la historia no sucede en la academia como el anterior sino que me lleva a la manada de los protagonistas, Daybreak, y sus festividades para el baile del solsticio.

Fue un lindo de amigos a amantes y disfruté como loca leyendo cómo superaban todo lo que tenían en contra para estar juntos. Porque no era correcto desearse ya que estaban destinados a alguien más, era peligroso que los descubrieran así que debían olvidar ese beso que les enseñó lo que era ser deseado y no rechazados. Aunque el castigo para sería terrible era difícil olvidar lo que sucedió entre ellos. Pero Mia tiene una fecha límite, o su pareja la acepta o la destierran de la manada. Nathan no lo permitirá y la ayudará aunque eso signifique perderla.

Nathan y Mía eran increíbles juntos y los apoyé hasta el final, eran personajes que me gustaron enseguida, tenían una conexión especial y aunque no hubo quemadura lenta, sus momentos eran muy sexys. Fue horrible lo que les hicieron Sean y Gayle, el vínculo y el anhelo que tenían por ellos se fue desgastando y me encantó el hecho de que construyeron un vínculo más fuerte y real, que se elegieran y esto fuera más poderoso que cualquier vínculo del destino.

Me gustaba Nathan así que no me molestó que Mía no arreglara las cosas con Sean. Fue un idiota por alejarla de la manada tanto tiempo y rechazarla de la peor forma. Lo que me apenó mucho fue el lobo de Sean al final pero no creo que hubiera otra forma de solucionarlo.

¿Por qué encontré creíble que el vínculo se rompió?

Sean deja a Mia un año en la academia porque a él no le gustó que el destino escogiera por él a su pareja. Un tipo de lo más egoísta si me preguntas. Así que comprendí su locura porque además de rechazar el vínculo, encerró a su lobo negándose a cambiar y esto no le hizo ningún bien. Por supuesto culpaba a Mía y terminó perdiendo la cabeza. Y oh, qué villano hizo Sean en el libro! Metía miedo en modo psicópata! Pagar a una bruja para romper el vínculo y hasta querer matar a Mia? Me dejó pensando si de verdad podría una bruja romper el vínculo de una pareja destinada...

Jonah y Kinsey, los protagonistas del primer libro, aparecen para ayudarlos. Me encantó volver a saber de ellos.

Sobre las manadas... Pensé que Lunar era mala pero Daybreak era peor. La manera en que trataban a los rechazados me daba mucha bronca.

La historia tuvo giros que me mantuvieron leyendo pero sentí que faltaba más, el final me dejó media decepcionada, parecía incompleto, un epílogo hubiera sido tan bueno para tener un HEA definitivo.

La intriga me está matando con las manadas ocultando cosas sobre las parejas destinadas, con Mia, Nathan, Kinsey y Jonah sospechando espero el próximo libro para develar el misterio.
Profile Image for Yami's Bookshelf.
283 reviews64 followers
August 10, 2021
Another great book written by E.M. Moore. If you loved book 1, this is the perfect continuation. I absolutely love E.M. Moore’s writing, I love every book I have read by this author.
Profile Image for Rianna Sankarpersad.
66 reviews5 followers
August 24, 2021
Fun read! Definitely interesting to see what happens to Greystone Gang. I also felt like this book left me with a ton of questions, that I don't know whether they will be answered in another book or spin-off? Hopefully E.M. Moore will write a follow up or an epilogue that can close out any thoughts or questions we have that were unanswered. But overall, super cute story!
Profile Image for Melissa .
336 reviews21 followers
August 9, 2021
Erin has created a unique and intriguing world with her original take on wolf shifter society in the Rejected Mates Academy series.

We meet Mia in the previous book and I was already smitten with her sassiness and steadfast friendship. Erin’s writing is so detailed and engaging, you can’t help but be completely captivated by this world. While reading Forsaken, I experienced every emotion right alongside Mia. Anger, hurt, betrayal and a series of events that has Mia questioning everything she has ever known.

When you are reading one of Erin’s books you know you’re going to get incredible character development, and Forsaken is no different. I fell in love with these characters and was completely invested in their story from beginning to end.

This is a standalone focusing on Mia’s story, but Erin has left the door open for lots more to happen in this world. If you enjoy PNR books with detailed world building and memorable characters, you must read this book!
Profile Image for Jesslan Rose.
1,035 reviews31 followers
August 20, 2021
Forsaken
By E.M. Moore

Mia has been at the Rejected Mate Academy for a year now. The longest any student has been there. While her mate, Sean, still shows no sign of changing his mind she and Nathan, the mate of the girl Sean rejected Mia for, draw closer than ever. When Mia is given a deadline for her and Sean to reconcile she's given one last chance to make things right between them or she'll be expelled and doomed to go feral. But does she really want to make things right at this point? More importantly should she have to?

This is the second book in this series. I loved the first one. This one came pretty close to it, but Kinsey is hard to beat. That we get plenty of Kinsey and Jonah in this story too was a huge bonus. As for Sean... there is just something seriously mentally wrong with that guy. The only huge disappointment was the ending. I really would have liked an epilogue where they were all settled in and moving on with their lives, because it felt more like a HFN than a HEA.

I would definitely recommend you read the first book in this series before you read this one. It gives a bigger sense of world building and more background of Mia, Sean, and Nathan's life up until this book.

The book is only in Mia's POV. (Like the first was only in Kinsey's.) I do wish that more of Nathan's personality came through in the book. I would have liked it better had we experienced some of his emotions more. As for Sean's craziness that was already out for all to see. The angst level was on the low end of medium.

Side Note: There was no note from the author whether there would be a third book or not and no one student stood out as a beginning for a new book yet there are some issues with the story that need resolved. Issues meaning certain people need a kiss of karma for both books. Like I loved this series and hope another book is coming.
Profile Image for thebookishren.
1,251 reviews95 followers
August 4, 2021

GENRE/TROPES: PNR, Rejected Mate
POV: 1st, FMC
SERIES: Rejected Mate Academy, Book 2, Standalone
STEAM LEVEL: 🔥🔥🔥

Well, this went nowhere where I thought it was going to go but EXACTLY where I hoped it would. I’m not giving away details but just know this was so much better than you could hope for.

~ “𝒲𝑒’𝓁𝓁 𝒻𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓎𝑜𝓊. 𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝑔𝑜, 𝓌𝑒 𝑔𝑜.” ~

I adored Mia. In Book 1 she seemed a bit meek with a hidden fierceness. This girl embraced her anger and lemme tell ya, it was a beautiful thing to behold. She quit being a doormat and embraced her wolf and the feelings brewing inside her. And her love interest? A thousand times, YES.

Given a time limit on winning back her mate, Mia must come to terms with unfair pack laws, judgments, expectations, and personal wants/needs all while dodging attempts at her life. It was emotional and thrilling and HOT AF. Good lawd, that’s all you need to know and hope for. 🥵

~ “𝐵𝓊𝓉 𝐼 𝒹𝑜𝓃’𝓉 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝒽𝑜𝓌 𝐼’𝓁𝓁 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝒷𝑒 𝒶𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝒽𝑜𝓌 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓉𝒶𝓈𝓉𝑒.”
“𝐼 𝒽𝑜𝓅𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝑜.” ~

Add in Kinsey and Jonah making a much welcome appearance and I lurrrrved every second of this angsty little PNR. I am so addicted to this world and I NEED to know where it’s heading!

Profile Image for Marisa.
595 reviews30 followers
August 10, 2021
This is a stand-alone within the Rejected Mates Academy series, book 1 is a stand-alone as well. Such a different and creative take on the rejected mates trope, it was really refreshing. Although you don’t have to read the first book, it does help since some characters are referenced and are present within this book. As well, this book doesn’t delve as much into the world building, it’s more surface level descriptions. It’s still easy to get into the story and understand but you might have a few more questions about what is happening and why.

In regards to this world, I like that new developments occurred and questions were asked. This book wasn’t simply about the romance, but it also questioned everything the characters (and readers) know about this world. I hope the next book continues to explore this and we see the characters from both books.

The fated and…”fated” mates within this story completely drew you in. Why fates, just why. The female main character, Mia, has been at the academy the longest and you can see her struggles, desperation and her strengths as she tries to work through what fate, her mate and Pack Law are doing to her. Seeing the reactions of her family and pack towards her is heartbreaking. She does have one light in her life, Nathan, who you can’t help but love. You have to root for them, even though fate has chosen them different mates.

You are engrossed in this book from start to finish. Although there is a happily ever after, the questions leave you wanting more.
Profile Image for Ashleigh.
418 reviews8 followers
Rejected mates heaven

The second book in the Rejected Mate Academy series of interconnected standalones. If you’ve read Untamed, Kinsey and Jonahs book then you’ve already met Mia.
This book is slightly different from the first book since Mia has been rejected by her mate for the longest amount of time. Her friendships have become more important than her bond.
I don’t want to give away any of the plot twists as I did not see some of those coming. Gayle and Sean both rejected Nathan and Mia but not everything is as it seems. By the end of this one I was cheering on the relationship and I can’t believe the book ended there! I’m hoping for another book for these as there’s still so much story to tell. I’d say this was a medium burn romance, the heat matched what the book needed. If you like shifter romance and paranormal then I think this may be one for your TBR lists.

Profile Image for Toni M.
142 reviews5 followers
August 5, 2021
I absolutely love E.M. Moore’s writing, I love every book I read by this author.

I enjoyed untamed, the first book in this series and it was one of my ultimate faves of all time and I’m super excited about this book too.
I’m so jealous of the purple hair on the cover photo 😱 Mia has such fun hair.
Poor Mia , the pain she suffers it’s horrible.
After what happened with Mia and Nathan in book one I wasn’t expecting this now in book two, what does it even mean?!

Why does E.M. Moore torture me like this, my poor heart breaks for all these rejected mates 😩
I love this series so so much!

I missed Kinsey and Jonah so much, I’m so glad we get to read a bit more about them in this book too.
There is just something about the way the author writes that just captivates you and keeps you hooked for the entire book, you don’t realise how hooked you are until you come to the end of the book and think damn I couldn’t believe it’s over that quickly.

I devoured this book within a day , I simply couldn’t read it quick enough, I need to know everything all at once lol.
I can’t believe it ended without knowing if they managed to find what they were looking for.

What a fantastic book, once again E.M. Moore has knocked it out the park, I can’t wait for more on this series.
Profile Image for Charlotte.
2,623 reviews28 followers
August 16, 2021
Forsaken - book 2 in the Rejected Mate Academy and it follows on at a quicker pace than the first book. This book completely draws you in. What i liked about this book the most was the main characters - Mia & Nathan. They both seemed to have grown more in this book than when they popped up in the first book where they were more reserved which is understandable with everything that happens to them in this one. Oh boy is it a lot. Plot twists, death attempts, plenty of steam, love and joy this book has it all and more. Im hoping theres more to come from Mia and Nathan it felt like there story wasnt finished yet. Plus id like to read more books in this series too. It was a cracking read
Profile Image for Mandyloves2read.
1,292 reviews119 followers
September 17, 2021
Another amazing book in this series! I’m loving this series so far this is a addicting emotional story full of pain and anguish I loved the character development in this one the twists and turns kept me on my toes can’t wait for the next book! I love the fact that each book is a stand-alone based on a different couple. Another five star must read from this author!
Profile Image for Lammie.
272 reviews8 followers
November 5, 2021
3.5 ⭐️. So this was another good rejected mates book by E.M. Moore.

It is set in the same world as her last book but goes a totally different route with the fated mates troupe.

The author is writing a unique spin on each couples story so each book is fresh. Looking forward to more books in the world, hopefully getting a book on the rejected alpha.
Profile Image for Carol Gonzales.
179 reviews
September 29, 2021
I'm hooked!

If I could give this series six stars, I would. Best rejected mates themed series/books I have read to date. E.M. Moore has created a world where everything you thought you knew about mate bonds is now in question. Mia and Nathan are fighting for their freedom, for their lives, for their True Mates, while discovering secrets that could destroy them or the whole pack dynamic. I am on pins and needle for the next book!
Profile Image for GimmeAllTheWerdssss.
542 reviews207 followers
August 10, 2021
This could have been a full 4 stars but theres a very non-ending. It pretty much leaves it open to anything and theres no information on the next one so you're left going huh?
95 reviews4 followers
August 19, 2021
Forsaken is the second book in the Rejected Mate Academy series, and in my opinion this series is getting better as it goes along. I really enjoyed book #1, Untamed (click here to read my review), but I loved this second book. Mia is a strong, intelligent character, and I enjoyed viewing the story through her eyes. I found this installment to have a grittier approach than Untamed, and for me, it really boosted the involvement level .

I think The Rejected Mate Academy is a pretty unusual take on the shifter world, and I love that about it. When a shifter shifts for the first time, this is when their ‘fated mate’ is likely to be revealed. All going well, the pair will accept each other and live happily ever after. But it’s not that way for everyone. And if your fated mate doesn’t accept you, it’s off to the Rejected Mate Academy for you. And this is the situation that Nathan and Mia find themselves in.

Mia is currently the longest standing resident at the Rejected Mate Academy, and Nathan is only a little bit behind her. Their fated mates, Sean and Gayle, have rejected them. But there is a catch, because Sean and Gayle were together prior to their fated mates being revealed, which means that Mia and Nathan were rejected by a couple. This gave Nathan and Mia the common ground in the beginning from which they built their friendship.

Problem is, Mia has now been given a deadline or she will be kicked out. And in shifter terms, that means going feral and almost certain death. With this hanging over their heads, Mia and Nathan head back to their pack for a festival celebration and one last opportunity to convince Mia’s mate to accept her. But the problem is, too long has passed, and feelings have changed.

One of the things I’m loving about this series is the way that the wolf side of the characters is described. Reading about Mia’s internal interaction withh her wolf, and the feelings and emotions that the two of them share, is so well done that it seems quite natural to be reading a mental monologue between a woman and her internal wolf. And I also really enjoyed the depiction of their society. It was a really well developed and the clever side comments on the subversive nature of their society all really add that extra element of polish to the story.

I was a little disappointed about Nathan though, in that he didn’t really seem to have too much depth going on. The romance aspect was strong, and I was cheering our main shifters on, but I didn’t really come to feel like I knew him too well and that did detract a little from my attachment to him overall. But not enough to annoy or lessen my enjoyment of the story overall.

Forsaken does end rather abruptly, so I don’t know how that will work in with the next book in the series. Each book is going to focus on a different couple, but considering how this one ends (it’s not a cliff hanger, but I’d say it’s very close to one), I hope that Nathan and Mia are in the background of the next and get a moment or two of their own in the sun.

At the very heart of it, for me, this is a story about following your heart and trusting yourself to know what’s right for you. I thoroughly enjoyed reading Forsaken (in only 2 sittings!) and considering how much of a swing in mood E.M. Moore managed to bring between books 1 & 2, I can’t wait to see what she has in store for us in book 3!

Thank you to E.M. Moore and Affinity Author Services for my copy of this ebook.
Profile Image for Locklyn.
126 reviews4 followers
August 5, 2021
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Story
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥Steamy
🌙🐺The Rejected Mates Academy Book 2
🌙🐺I adored and devoured this book! It is book 2 of a series, but can be read as a standalone. Which is how I read it since I didn't read Untamed, book 1, before hand. I plan to read it soon though because I have to know more about Kinsley and Jonah from the Lunar Pack.
🌙🐺So Mia and Nathan, friends of Kinsley in book 1 are the main focus here. They are from the Daybreak pack and are the students who have resided at Rejected Mate Academy the longest. Like going on over a year, I think Mia mentions once it's been like 18 months.
🌙🐺So before the fates pair Mia and Nathan to Sean and Gayle, Sean and Gayle were dating. They are the worse, like for real I'm so happy with Sean's fate and the fact his wolf didn't help him was icing on the cake.
🌙🐺So E.M. Moore recaps the lore beautifully where book 1 isn't needed to know what is going on. Basically the elders and Alphas, lead I think by the Lunar pack, say your fated mate is be all end all. And if your mate rejects you there must be something wrong with you, not them. So work really hard to get them to accept you or you go feral and die. Well Kinsley apparently had some apprehension about this way in book 1, alluded to in Mia's story. And now Mia and Nathan are wondering some treasonous thoughts too. Especially since Mia has 2 weeks for Sean to accept her. So last ditch effort the Lunar pack advisor sends the Daybreak pack rejects back for the winter solistice festival.
🌙🐺What takes place could change everything....
🌙🐺Can't wait for book 3 to see where E.M. Moore is taking the story from here! I want to know if they find what they are looking for? What are the elders and alphas hiding? So many unanswered questions but a great ending!

#bookstagram #bookblogger #2021reads #review #arcreview #arcreader #Forsaken #Untamed #RejectedMateAcademy #emmoore #emmooreauthor #forevermoore #shifterromance #rejectedmate #enemiestoloversromance #enemiestolovers #paranormalromance #bookedit #mustread #romanceauthor #bookish #BookINeed #ilovebooks #booklover #amazonauthor #comingsoon #mia&nathan
Profile Image for Harlequin Madness.
667 reviews8 followers
August 21, 2021
Another great read in this series. Untamed was actually the first book I read in the rejected mates trope, and I fell in love with it. I couldn’t wait for this book to be released. We met Mia in the previous book, as a dorm mate of Kinsey’s, who was initially rejected by her mate, Jonah. The two became close friends, so it was nice to read Mia’s story.

While it doesn’t end on a cliffhanger per se, I don’t feel that things are 100% resolved. Do they make it to the place that accepts pack outcasts? Are they able to function as any other mated pair, like have pups? What was the fallout from their escape? Too many questions left unanswered, otherwise I would have given this a 5 star rating. The other questions I have . . .
1) Why will Mia (and Nathan presumably) go feral if they don’t straighten things out with their mate but the mates that rejected them won’t?
2) Why are the rejected mates so ostracized by pack, family and friends - but the ones doing the rejection are not? Aren’t they the ones going against fate? Not the ones being rejected?
If those questions were answered in the first book, I don’t remember it. Those are some pretty big questions not to have answered, hence my rating.

I loved seeing Kinsey and Jonah again. I so loved their story in the first book. And it was nice to see that she hasn’t forgotten about her friend that’s still back at Greystone Academy. It would be nice to read the story of the presumed alpha heir whose mate rejected him. Especially as he is the one rumored to have started the new “pack” that accepts these lone wolves. A pack of rejected shifters. Warms the cockles of my heart.

I do love the rejected mates trope and this series. I hope the author manages to answer these questions in an upcoming book. For now, I’d still recommend the series.
Profile Image for RomanceBookLoverinSeattle.
632 reviews9 followers
November 8, 2022
This was a tricky one for me to rate. On the one hand, I read it in one sitting, and it was so angsty I could not pull away from it because I wanted to know what was going to happen next. But on the other hand, I was frustrated with several aspects to this. Usually I don't care about world building, my mind is able to fill in missing gaps. In the first book in this series(they are both standalones), I was frustrated because the entire rejected mate system seemed unbalanced and this world created, for any shifters out there to uphold and allow a system like this, it means they really aren't decent. So it's this weird world that has been created where everyone just really sort of sucks that isn't in the rejected mate world. In this book there are hints that in this world things aren't all as it seems and there is a conspiracy around fated mates and the rejected mate system, but it doesn't get resolved or answered here and there were no further books. I wish we had seen a bit more of Nathan and Mia as their friendship was developing. The ending felt a little abrupt and because of that unsatisfying which is part of what keeps this from being a five star read for me. My understanding is the author intended to write more books in this series, but the first two didn't sell well enough so never went further with the series, but I really wish she had written an epilogue or another chapter to update the book and at least let readers know that Nathan and Mia find their way and do have their HEA. Without that, it's just not possible to give this five stars, and honestly made me go back and forth between three and four.

UPDATE: I just learned the author intends to release another book in this series in early 2023. My hope is that Mia and Nathan feature in that in some way so they get more to their HFN/HEA.
Profile Image for QueenofbookReviews.
393 reviews3 followers
October 17, 2022
Need More 🥺

This was a good read but that ending definitely left it feeling as though u needed more. I want to know if they found the feral pack and everything else with Mia and Nathan.
But I did love the whole second chance of them finding love with each other after their mates rejected them.

Mia and Nathan are both at Rejected Mate Academy after being rejected by their mates whom they suspect are actually together. Something that shouldn't be possible with their own mate bonds.
When Mia is given a time frame in order to win her mate back b4 she's evicted from the academy she thinks it's lost cause. Nathan and her along with other members from their pack are granted permission to return to Daybreak for the winter Solstice celebrations. They're placed in a house and the already high feelings that have formed between Mia and Nathan continue as they're forced to spend time with their mates who don't want them. Mia and Nathan start to wonder if the bond with their actual mates are even real as their bond grows stronger allowing them to do things that shouldn't be possible. Mia's mate will go to any length to sever their bond even putting her life in jeopardy many times. With the help of her friend and her mate they formulate a plan to help Mia and Nathan escape in search of a pack that may be only a rumor... a pack of those rejects and outcasts. But getting away may not be as easier as they thought, when their mates turn the tables and act like they want them. Will Mia and Nathan still want to be together when the two who didn't want them suddenly change their minds? Or will their own growing bond pull them back together.
Profile Image for Anna.
806 reviews
August 15, 2021
Forsaken is the second book in the Rejected Mates Academy series and can be read as a standalone. We do have crossover characters from the first book and we met our leading couple for this book in the first book as well. With that said, I recommend you read the first book before you start but it is not necessary.

This book, y'all, this book got me in the feels for real. I enjoyed the first book in the series but this one was a step above for me. Maybe it was that there was so much more on the line. Maybe it was the desperation in the characters. Maybe it was just the freaking depth of feelings that E.M. put into this book. I'm not sure, but this one really got me. Mia and Nathan are the underdogs that will not stop fighting no matter what. They are pure and delightful and you can't help but love them to pieces. They go through so much in this book and they give us the absolute definition of choosing your own fate and writing our own destiny. There were so many intense moments. Parts that just broke me down and had me close to tears. Beautifully written.

My only negative is the ending. It's left open which is a good thing in a way but I also wanted to know more. I wanted to see where we were going, what comes of the plan. I feel like this was left this way for a reason since we have more books in the series. I'm trusting that even though Mia and Nathan's book is done, we are not done with their story and will see them again in the future. If not, then I'll probably be begging E.M. for a short story at some point b/c I'm just not ready to let these characters go. 😂😂
486 reviews6 followers
August 6, 2021

This is the second stand alone in the Rejected Mate Academy series and things take a much darker turn in this book.

We had already met Mia and Nathan during Kinsey's story and it was one I was desperate to be told and I'm so glad it has been.

Mia's story is full of heartbreak, rejection and overwhelming darkness. Her mate Sean signed the papers that sent her to the Academy over a year ago and there she has been left to rot. She was left feeling worthless in the darkness of her own mind.

Nathan is the light in her darkness and from the solidarity of friendship and their shared experiences their relationship blooms even though they try to fight it because that is what is expected of them. You are only meant to love or want your mate but their bond proves otherwise.

Two broken souls, heal in the darkness and fuse together to form something stronger than fate, that runs deeper than pack and hold each other above all else. They are prepared to risk everything they have ever known, including their lives for a chance to love each other.

This is a truly brilliant emotionally challenging and dark rejected mates story that grips you and doesn't let you go till the end but it still leaves you wanting more.
200 reviews3 followers
August 7, 2021
The is the second stand alone book in the Rejected Mates Academy series. This book is centered on Mia and Nathan who we met during Kinsey's story in book one. I can not say how much I was looking forward to this story and it did not disappoint.
Mia and Nathan are both from the Daybreak pack and we're both rejected by their mates who surprise surprise were dating prior to finding out their mates status. Mia has been at Greystone academy the longest with Nathan shortly behind her. Mia and Nathan have assumptions that Their mates Sean and Gayle are still seeing each other . Mia is given notice she has 2 weeks to change her mates mind or she is going feral. All students from the Daybreak pack are sent home for the Winter soldiece to work on their mate bonds. As if things were not stressful enough Mia begins having feelings for another who is not her mate and these feelings are very similar to a mates bond. Then to add even more stress there are now several attempts made on Mia's life with random accidents. Mia hears whispers of a possible alternate solution to becoming feral. Kinsey is there to help her in true best friend status and you are hit with an ending you don't want to miss.
Profile Image for Brittani.
148 reviews5 followers
August 21, 2021
I’ve been anticipating this book since the moment I finished Untamed and let me tell you, it did not disappoint!

There’s a completely different feel to Mia and Nathan + their mates that is so unique and there were so many times I was just not sure what was gonna happen.

EM Moore never lets me down though, so I knew I was gonna be safe. At least in the end lol she definitely took me on a ride there where I was literally freaking out thinking “omg, is *THIS* going to happen!? NO WAY!”

One thing I am absolutely blown away with is how perfectly she has woven this overall, bigger story in the background of the first two books.

I personally applaud authors who deliver not just a singe story with plot points, angsty goodness, steamy scenes and all the feels but who on top of all that are also weaving all these moving parts in the background.

I think that’s just such an incredible feat!

Anyway! EM truly did a great job with this book. She made me feel for a certain character, which honestly surprised me. I wasn’t expecting to feel for them! I was expecting to be grumpy and angry towards them ... which I was that too but I wasn’t prepared to get lost in my feels for them as well!

I can’t wait to see where book three takes us!!
Profile Image for Clare Harrison.
1,074 reviews12 followers
August 4, 2021
Her fated mate rejected her and thus she became a student at Greystone academy.

She's been at the school longer than any other pupil.

Can she ever get him to change his mind?

This is the second book in the rejected mate academy series. The first book was "Untamed" for anyone who wants to start at the beginning.

Having said that each book is a standalone, but they are interconnected.

I absolutely loved the first book in this new and exciting world, and so started reading this hoping it would be as good.

I soon realised it was more, it was knock your socks off exciting from start to finish. There's nothing even remotely predictable about this book and I loved it all the more for that.

Mia is a fantastic character. She's sassy and has a mind of her own. Sean on the other hand hmm, yeh... ok moving on *chuckles*...

Add into the mix a friendship like no other and the return of characters from Untamed and this book became my happy place.

Its everything I wanted and more. I loved the tension and drama, the hopes and threats.

I hope this series never ends I really do!!
Profile Image for Erin Figueiredo.
2,303 reviews37 followers
August 11, 2021
Intense and thrilling!

WOW! This was an emotional rollercoaster ride that pulled on my heartstrings and gutted me throughout. Mia and Nathan are put through so much emotionally that you can’t help but want to just reach in and hug them. The hurt, anger, betrayals and the ultimate rejection that they are put through every day had my head spinning with anger for them. To be rejected by your mate the way that Mia and Nathan were, was so gut-wrenching that it hurt me! I felt their emotions and their pain and I just wanted to take it all away for them. Their story kept me on the edge of my seat not knowing what was going to happen and any given moment. It was exciting, intense and very thrilling right to the very end.

This is a really well written story that is filled with outstanding imagery and detail that it will pull you in right from the start, captivate you with all the suspense, danger, and steam, and keep you highly entertained by Mia and Nathan right to the very HFN ending.

I have fallen hopelessly in love with Mia and Nathan and I can’t wait to get more of their journey in a future story!
Profile Image for Deanna.
319 reviews2 followers
August 8, 2021
Absolutely loved this. The tension, the twists, the possessiveness, the hot as hell "forbidden" moments, everything, so freaking good! My need to throat punch Sean was at an all time high. Gayle I wished to get "accidentally" bumped off a cliff. Then, throat punching Sean was no longer an acceptable punishment, but everything worked out well in the end. Mia went through a lot in this book, and I was rooting for her the entire way. The news she received at the academy, yeah, it caused red flags to pop up in my head. Greystone needs taken out, and I'm really hoping Kinsey gets to do it. I loved that those two were reunited, btw. Now the urge to reread book one is strong. Mia needed all the help she could get, and her friends really pulled through for her. Nathan was the greatest during this book. He showed them all what it meant to be a real mate. Their bond was incredibly strong, no matter what, they were always there for one another. I wasn't ready for it to end. There was so much more I wanted to know. Book three can not get here quick enough!
Profile Image for Shawna Jimenez more.books.forever.
1,431 reviews47 followers
August 9, 2021
🐺 💚 💜 I loved Forsaken and dare I say a bit more then I loved Untamed and let me tell you I loved Kinsey and Jonah so freaking much. Mia was seriously the ultimate BFF and to get her story I was so excited. Her mate seriously put her through the ringer. My heart just broke for her but watching her story unfold the way it does I wouldn’t change it for anything. It was both heart breaking and beautiful. There is so much that happens in this story, the betrayal, the cray cray, then that one seriously heart breaking moment. If you have read this then you know the moment I am talking about. Last but not least the love and unwavering devotion. I don’t want to give anything away because you definitely need to experience their story for yourself. To find your TRUE mate is something on a whole other level! These two are seriously made for one another and that ending there is some ish going on that I think we have barely scratched the surface of and I am looking forward to the next book in the series.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 171 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.