Start by marking “Nightwolf” as Want to Read:
Nightwolf

Nightwolf

My name is Amethyst DeMille and I’m in love with a vampire.
Sounds complicated, doesn’t it?
Yet the fact that he’s a sexy, centuries-old blood-drinking vampire isn’t what makes our relationship complicated.
It’s because we live in the same house together, work at the same exclusive club together, and he happens to be my best friend with absolutely no idea how I feel about him
Published November 22nd 2021

To ask other readers questions about Nightwolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nightwolf

Start your review of Nightwolf
hala
Nov 24, 2021 rated it it was ok
Penny
“Once I feed from you, I’ll want nothing else. No one else.” I pause, licking my lips. “You’ll be mine, mine to claim, mine to fuck. Mine forever.”

first of all— 5 stars for the cover. it's so so beautiful.
soo, first 40% or so of this book was amazing. i loved it. this had:
🩸 friends to lovers
🩸 vampire H + human h
🩸 likeable main characters
🩸 great steamy moments

i haven't even read Black Sunshine, but I read the very short prequel for this book and for some reason i was super excited. and the f
Caitlin
Nov 20, 2021 rated it liked it

"You are everything. You are the moon and the sun and the stars and all the light in my life, and you banish this darkness and you reveal the shadows"

If you want a friends-to-lovers with a vampire twist then this book is perfect for you.

Nightwolf follows Amethyst DeMille a human who lives with and works in an exclusive club with Wolf, a centuries old vampire. They have been wanted each other for so long but have only been friends due to the fact that Amethyst is human and Wolf is vampire. Ev

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
Beta reading my most anticipated read 😍😍😍 WOLF IS MINE 🤣🤣🤣

Shani Haim
Nov 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
"I'm falling for her at a time when I've never been so lost. She is the light, she is the moon in the darkness of my soul and I am reaching for her, trying to grab hold."

5 I cried my eyes out stars 😭⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Wolf and Amethyst's story tore me wide open and I don't know how to put myself back together again 😭
The book starts with these two beautiful souls whom I adored from The Dark Eyes duet, Wolf a vampire and Amethyst a human. They work together, they're crazy about each other, but they know they ha
Michelle
Nov 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
OMG. This was amazing. Just the perfect blend of supernatural, sexy and sentimental. Amethyst and Wolf have been “just friends” for a long time, but have always been circling each other. I knew I would love Amethyst and Wolf together, but I didn’t realize how much! These two are fire together!

After learning their back stories, never are two people more deserving of love that lasts. But Amethyst’s humanity makes her forever significantly shorter than Wolfs.

The irony of Wolf’s Halloween costume
Madita
Nov 25, 2021 rated it liked it

Now I’m gonna be honest. I laughed every time I hear the vampire’s name cause it’s wolf.
I thought it was a funny contrast since vampires and wolves usually live in the same supernatural world.
The friends to lovers plot line was great because the talk or immortal and mortal was a big reason.
I love the subplot of the mother and of course the nightmare trope
Siobhan
Jul 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
While I enjoyed Karina Halle’s Dark Eyes duet, my main feeling when I finished reading was that I wanted more of Wolf and Amethyst. Fortunately, Nightwolf was there to fill the gap. I had high hopes for this one, and happily devoured it in a single sitting.

Although I enjoyed Nightwolf and appreciated the private emotions the author filled the page with, it was not the story I had expected. That is not to say it was bad, I had simply been wanting more. It was a real story, an addictive story, but
Jenn (The Book Refuge)
Shelves: read-2021
*Thank you to the author and Valentine PR for an ARC of this title*

Nightwolf by Karina Halle was a beautiful, brave, and heartbreaking friends to lovers, vampire romance that takes place during a personal tragedy. I was enthralled the whole way through, and though I had to put it down a few times just to breathe and center myself. I loved what was being shared by the author in such an honest and painful way.

Nightwolf can be read as a standalone or as book 3 in the Dark Eyes series. It takes plac
Christi (christireadsalot)
Nightwolf is a contemporary vampire romance and is a spin-off of The Dark Eyes Duet (Black Sunshine and Blood is Love). It can definitely be read as a stand-alone but if you plan to read as a series for that full experience, definitely read this book after The Dark Eyes Duet.

Wolf is a centuries-old vampire living in San Francisco with his fellow vampire pals. Together they work/run an exclusive club, Dark Eyes, that caters to vampires. Amethyst and her mother Yvonne, both humans, have been livi
Moon
Nov 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I am so excited for this book, it's a dark vampire romance. The world this book is set in is one I've visited before and loved. The story is raw and real. It's message is beautiful and I found myself not only caught up in Wolf and Amethyst's love story, but also their journey to one another. It's a story that'll sink itself into you.

Kudos to Karina Halle for such a haunting story. She never fails to deliver with magnificent writing and characters. I loved seeing Lenore, Solon, Ezra, and Dracula
Milinas Library
Nov 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
I was so excited for this spin off, this story is about Wolf and Amethyst who were side characters in the dark eyes duet. If you plan on reading black sunshine and the blood is love, read those first. But if you do not plan on reading those two (which you should it’s so good as well) you won’t be lost starting here. It’ll spoil the previous book.

This was a friends to lovers, amethyst is a human who has been living in the same house and working with wolf, a vampire, for 8 years. In the previous
ReadingInPyjamas
Nov 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
Nightwolf gave me all the feels! Well written, with intriguing characters and a suspenseful storyline. Ever since reading Black Sunshine I wanted to know more about Wolf and Amethyst and Karina delivered big time. The story is filled with danger, mystery, romance and scorching hot sexy scenes. I loved how Wolf could be both sweet and easy-going but also dark and dangerous when the situation required it. His protectiveness towards Amethyst warmed my heart. And she's the type of woman that even in ...more
AJ
Shelves: arc

A sexy, vampire, friend-to-lovers story, with all the feels.

In the Dark Eyes Duet we were introduced to Wolf and Amethyst. Wolf is a vampire friend and housemate of the duet’s hero, Solon, and Amethyst is the human who also lives in their house, and who works as the Manager for Dark Eyes, the club that runs in the basement. In the original duet, we could see something simmering between the two friends, and I was so happy to finally get their story.

Note - I would not recommend reading
Ana Paula
Nov 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I love Karina Halle's books! They are so modern and even a Vampire has to have style! I read the first book of this series and it is a delight to read about Amethyst and Wolf. It is a love vampire story with lots of twists and above all sexy times between Amethyst and Wolf. The best thing is the writing since Karina Halle is a master of character development and there is suspense, romance and a lot of sorrow.
It is impossible not to feel these characters and the book is so great!
I just loved it!
ReadingTilTheBreakOfDawn
Shelves: arc
She brought the world light. I brought the world death. Together, we were moonlight and shadows.

Nightwolf is a book that I wasn't expecting emotionally. It's a spinoff of the Dark Eyes series but can 100% be read as a standalone. It includes two characters (Wolf and Amethyst) that come from very different backgrounds and they must learn how to navigate their friendship. Their story is unique, beautiful and emotional. I've loved these characters that were introduced in previous books, but I knew
Betül
Nov 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**
description

- 3.5 stars -

Nightwolf was a steamy and at times very emotional friends-to-lovers paranormal romance. I enjoyed this book and I thought it had a great flow and was written well. Karina Halle is one of my all time favorite authors and a very talented one. I really enjoyed seeing the main characters' Wolf and Amethyst friendship turn into love. The sex scenes were very steamy (seriously they were HOT!). I was expecting this book the be more on the l
Lina
Nov 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I don't know what to say, it's just...I literally looooved this book. I read it for less than a day and it was everything that I wanted. We have a sexy vampire, a human that is completely fallen in love with him and lots of steamy scenes 🔥🔥🔥.

I do admit, I have not read the previous books from the series about Lenore and Solon. But I will wait a bit before I start reading them, because i stumbled on some reviews (yeah, I know... bad, bad move 😂) and I have to set up my mind for a particular part
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
Nightwolf by Karina Halle is a vampire and human, friends-to-lover, paranormal romance. This steamy and emotion-packed vampire love story took a bite out of my heart. I didn’t expect to feel emotional about this unusual relationship. Color me surprised! I don’t read too many paranormal/supernatural romances, but I decided to mix things up. I have enjoyed Karina’s books in the past, but never read any of her paranormal romances. I have been missing out BIG TIME!   Nightwolf is a spinoff from the ...more
Camille (bookish.cami)
Nov 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Karina Halle has been my go to for paranormal books this last year between Black Shine & Blood is Love we got tiny glimpse of Wolf and Amethyst.

This story is so real and I got so lost within it. I absolutely enjoyed every single moment of this. This book had moments were I was tearing up and moments when I was swooning. This book got me so in my feelings.

Amethyst and Wolfs journey is one you don’t wanna miss. I loved that we get a glimpse of the side characters as well.

This book is one you don’
 ღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Linathebookaddictღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Loved it!!!! This was sweet, emotional and the banter!!! Ahh loved it.
PP's Bookshelf
Nov 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I cannot thank Karina Halle enough for making me fall for vampires again. This series is going from epic to more epic! Nightwolf was full of heartbreaking emotions and I could feel the author pouring her heart out in every page. Poignant. Angsty. Sensual. The beauty of paranormal romance came out in full force here.
Amethyst Demille has stumbled upon Dark Eyes, an exclusive club and special feeding ground for vampires with her friends who volunteer here. And she became their bartender and starte
Rochelle Bautista
Nov 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A huge thank you to the author and Valentine PR for providing me with an eARC in exchange for an honest review!

4.5🌟 4🌶

This is probably one of my faves from Karina so far! I’ve been desperate for this book ever since I met Amethyst and Wolf in Black Sunshine and I just loved how my expectations were exceed! I could see how much heart Karina poured into this book and it’s been such an honor to have read it.

Along with the stunning cover, Nightwolf had everything I ever wanted and more! The very sw
Maja SrK
Nov 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
Stars: ⭐ 4.0 ⭐

This time I will start review with the lyrics of one of the most beautiful songs out there: "Still Falling for You" by Ellie Goulding.
This is sooo them ❣️🥰❣️

"Fire and ice,
This love is like fire and ice.
This love is like rain and blue skies.
This love is like sun on the rise.
This love got me rolling the dice.
Don't let me lose!
Still falling for you...
Still falling for you...

Beautiful mind.
Your heart got a story with mine.
Your heart got me hurting at times.
Your heart gave
Tish
5 “It’s Always Been You” Stars

This is Karina Halle’s masterpiece. I stand by my statement. Everything about this was near perfection. The friends to lovers, the darkness of the vampire world, the forbidden aspect of a human and vampire coming together. The love and the loss. Wolf goes down as top book boyfriends every. Amethyst is a bad ass woman who is curvy and spunky and I would be friends with her in real life. Hands down the best book I’ve read in the month of November.

And the spice. The S
Kera’s Always Reading
Nov 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
How does KH manage to write so many books in this vein of the paranormal romance world and still have every book feel fresh and new? I definitely found that going into Nightwolf, a book I had been anticipating since Lenore and Solon’s books as Amethyst and Wolf are featured quite a bit. I love the interconnectedness of her books and the entire universe they belong to.

KH has the ability to write heart pounding romance and seriously scary scenes in the same books and this showcased that perfectly.
Stephanie
Nov 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Okay this was everything I wished Black Sunshine was. Gah so fucking good!!
Veronika Vertesiova
Nov 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: steamy, darkkk
This book was so heartbreaking and sooo good. I did not expect to cry going into this! I expected a steamy friends-to-lovers with a bite, and I did get that, but so much more along with it.
It was simply amazing.
And the ending... PERFECT.
Thank you so much Karina Halle and Valentine PR for the e-arc.
Book is coming out Monday 22nd!!!
Kahea
***5 ‘Love and Loss Go Hand-in-Hand’ Stars***

As soon as I heard that Wolf and Amethyst were getting their HEA, I started making grabby hands at it because I loved them in Solon and Lenore’s books and totally believed that they needed to be together one way or another and I was not disappointed. Their journey hit all the right buttons for me, even the sniffly teary eyed one, and just made my heart happy when everything was said and done.

I adored Amethyst and Wolf. Amethyst is a little spitfir
Nov 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
*ARC provided by Valentine PR in exchange for an honest review

This story follows Amethyst and Wolf, characters that were featured in Black Sunshine and The blood is love. This book can be read as a standalone but it's so much better to read the previous ones before.

Since I first met this characters in Black Sunshine, I knew they had potential to be a great couple and Nightwolf delivered what I wanted from this friends-to-lovers story.

I admit this was a lot heavier than I thought it was going
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Turning Pages At ...: Nighwolf by Karina Halle 22 21 20 hours, 29 min ago

• Damaged Soul
  • Rebel Yule (Rookie Rebels, #5.5)
  • Retribution (Rose's Inferno Trilogy, #1)
  • Bared To You (Lay Me Bare, #2)
  • My Soul to Break (The Soul, #1)
  • Hold on to My Heart (Maine Sullivans / The Sullivans, #22)
  • The Enigma (Unlawful Men, #2)
  • The Psycho
  • Bad Dream (Dark Dream, #0.5)
  • A Very Grumpy Christmas
  • Dangerous Temptation (Dark Dream Duet, #1)
  • Mended Crown (Mice and Men, #4)
  • Hollow Heathens: Book of Blackwell (Tales of Weeping Hollow, #1)
  • King of Corium (Corium University Trilogy, #1)
  • Hooked (Never After, #1)
  • Nightshade
  • Broken Bonds (The Bonds that Tie, #1)
  • Empire of Desire (Empire, #1)
Karina Halle is a screenwriter, a former music & travel journalist, and the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author of The Pact, A Nordic King, and Sins & Needles, as well as sixty other wild and romantic reads.

She, her musician husband, and their adopted pit bull, Bruce, live in a rainforest on an island off the coast of British Columbia during the summer, and in Lo