Start by marking “The Web They Wove” as Want to Read:

The Web They Wove
Not all killers are who they first seem..

The mutilated body of a young female is found in a popular recreation ground in Leeds city centre. D I Andrew 'Ziggy' Thornes and his team are at once assigned to close the case as soon as possible.

Published May 28th 2021 by Crime Publishing Network

To ask other readers questions about The Web They Wove, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Web They Wove

Start your review of The Web They Wove
Tina
Jun 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2021
4.5 stars rounded up to 5.

When the body of a young woman is found in a local park, DI Ziggy Thornes and his team are sent to investigate. Under pressure from his boss to solve the case quickly, Ziggy must work with almost zero forensic evidence and no witnesses. When a second woman’s body is found a week later, the urgency to catch the killer only increases. Ziggy fears if they don’t make an arrest soon that there will be another victim — and he might be right. Just as his team starts to close i
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jun 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Wow what a read!!! I loved this even more than her previous book.. if that’s at all possible.

Ziggy- DI Andrew Thornes and his team have a race on their hands when a mutilated body turns up.

I love how we get inside the killers thoughts.

If your looking for a well written crime thriller then I highly recommend this gem. Now after that ending I’m really hoping we don’t have to wait too long for more.
Alyson Read
Jun 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A woman’s body has been found on parkland, seemingly dragged along a path and strangled to death. DI Andrew “Ziggy” Thornes, DS Nick Wilkinson, DS Sadie Bates and DC Angela Dove form the tight knit team from West Yorkshire Police in Leeds who are heading up the murder investigation. Identified as Susannah Leibniz, enquiries reveal she was probably incarcerated for some time then dragged to the dumpsite ad killed. She was supposed to have been in Germany but it looks like she didn’t go or came ba ...more
Amanda
Jun 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I have a little confession to make. Yes yet another one. Although I have the first book in the ‘Tangled Web’ series called ‘The Lie She Told’ on my ever increasing ‘to be read’ mountain, I haven’t actually read it yet. What a mistake to make as the saying goes. After having read and loved ‘The Web They Wove’ as much as I did, I am rather cross at myself for leaving it this long to realise just how fantastic an author Catherine Yaffe is. I thoroughly enjoyed reading ‘The Web They Wove’ but more a ...more
Bookswithacuppa
Jun 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Well wow! And I mean, wow. This book comes at you guns blazing. Anyone who knows me knows I’m a sucker for a police procedural / serial killer combo and did this book just fulfil all that I needed it to, and more!

The prologue grabs you by the shoulders and sucks you right in to a murder scene before you’ve had a chance to sip that tea / coffee beside you. Then it races off on an evocative, gritty and suspenseful journey while Ziggy and his team try to find this cruel and seriously unhinged kille
Felicia
Book two of the Tangled Web Series focuses not only on the brutal kidnappings and murders of young women but also on DI Andrew “Ziggy” Thorne and his Major Investigations team.

The team is barely finished with one case when they start the next one… the body of a murdered young woman found in the park. Evidence proves the woman was killed in the park and her body left in a spot where it would be found quickly.

Progress is slow as leads are few. Ziggy is frustrated. Though his team is held in high r
Ellie Ness
Jul 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
“She stopped thrashing and lay still, tears running down the side of her face, diluting the mascara she had so carefully applied earlier in the evening. Multicoloured dots and stars appeared in her peripheral vision, then blackness enveloped her.”

Without giving away too many plot details, “The Web They Wove” is a classic police procedural. Set in Leeds this police investigation is about trying to solve a murder, then two where the victims are both friends and colleagues who rent chairs part time
Fee (Ebook Addicts)
Jun 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
We first met DI Andrew ‘Ziggy’ Thornes in book one of the Tangled Web series – ‘The Lies She Told‘, I read and loved it last year so I just had to jump at the chance to read this new instalment ‘The Web They Wove’, which is easily read as a stand alone (though trust me you will want to read book one).

‘The Web They Wove’ was a gripping, edge of your seat thriller that saw Ziggy and his team race against the clock to stop a killer. I loved how we got the killers viewpoint, and how all the thread s
Lex
Jul 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
*COPY PROVIDED BY VR IN RETUN FOR AN HONEST REVIEW*

This book, wow, it was more accurate to real life than I expected, officers wearing the correct forensic kit and not just wandering in contaminating the crime scene with just a pair of gloves. The story kept me guessing and the twists didn't come out of no where they were shocking but believable. Everything ended up linking together, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The cliffhanger at the end though, my god, I need to read the next book.

Anyone that enj
Julie Craig
Apr 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I receeived an advance copy of this book from the author having previously read one of her books.
This book centres on a character from the last book I read of Catherine's, Ziggy, a police inspector in Leeds.
When the body of a young woman is found in a local recreation area, Ziggy is in charge of the case and the quest to find the killer. Unfortunately, another young woman is found dead in the same place only a short time later. With a clear link between the two women, Ziggy has a race against ti
Lesley
Jun 07, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5⭐️
Gore score 3/5 some description of violence,that occurs in short sections and more towards the end as the tension builds.
I must comment is on the eye catching cover.

This is my first introduction to the authors work it is the 2nd book published and further explores Ziggy who appeared in the first book.
I found it a bit confusing to see a quote on the back cover which suggests that it’s a debut.
I feel that this is a very accomplished novel, and can sit proudly amongst the rest in the genre
Jessica Belmont
Jun 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
All I can say is, wow. WOW.

Honestly, the cover gives me chills, so I knew I had to read this. The words on the inside, though…the writing is phenomenal! The Web They Wove by Catherine Yaffe is gritty, intense, and unique.

It didn’t take long to hook me, and once I was hooked, there was no chance of setting this down. This is so well written. It’s fast-paced, and the storytelling is so realistic.

I loved The Web They Wove. I highly recommend this to fans of this genre, because I don’t think you’ll
Jessica Coulson
May 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
Crime fiction tropes aside, this was a good novel. The lead detective was easy to like and his team were a welcome addition to the story. Each characters connection to the murder victims was well weaved and although the climax was quite abrupt, did tie up all loose ends nicely. My only complaint is it ended on a huge cliffhanger so now I have to wait to find out what happens next!

I was given an advanced copy through Voracious Readers so there were a few typos and grammatical errors which I’m sur
Sophie Narey (Bookreview- aholic)
Ahhh I absolutely loved this book ! This is the first book I have read by this author (I guarantee it will not be the last!) , this book was up my street completely, I love a good crime mystery book.

This is one of them books that keeps you gripped onto every word, every sentence, every page! Oh I loved Catherine's writing style , the way she describes everything and everyone in the book paints a clear picture in the readers mind .

The character of DI Andrew Thornes, is one of them detectives that
Billie
Apr 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is a brilliant read.
Wonderful well written plot and story line that had me engaged from the start.
Love the well fleshed out characters and found them believable.
Great suspense and action with wonderful world building.
Can't wait to read what the author brings out next.
Recommend reading.

I read a complimentary advance copy of the book; this is my voluntary and honest review.
Jeannie Bee
Apr 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I received a complementary copy of this book in return for an honest review.

Loved it! The main characters are believable and the plot kept me guessing, but the clues are there if you spot them. This is the second book I’ve read by this author and am really looking forward to reading more. I’d love a Ziggy series! Highly recommend, it’s a page turner that’s so easy to read - great for holidays.
Linda
May 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This story gave me chills. A murder mystery that is action packed and kept me interested until the end. I liked the way the author let us into the mind of the killer, so we could understand what led him to be the way he was. I would recommend this book. I received an advance copy of this book and this is my honest review.
Janine Anderson
Jul 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow. This kept me turning the pages and I didn't want the story to end.
I really enjoyed this crime novel about a serial killer and the differing points of view of the characters. Now I can't wait for the next one in the series. DI, 'Ziggy' Thornes and his team are not to be missed. Highly recommended.
Christie
Apr 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of The Web They Wove by the author. It is an superb, heart wrenching story that is impossible to put down. "She shouted and yelled, trying to make as much noise as possible, hoping to attract attention, but the wind blew the screams back into her mouth, trapping them in her throat." is one of the first sentences of the book that creates such imagery that sets the stage for the entire book. Ziggy, Sadie and Nick are amazing characters that work so well together. I can't wait to ...more
Amy Martin
Jun 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully written! The suspense made it hard to put the book down! The ending left me wanting to read more! Thanks to Voracious Readers and the author for the free copy! Highly recommend reading this book! I look forward to reading more of this author’s work!
A.J. Campbell
Jul 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The Web They Wove is a police procedural set in Leeds. It hooks you from the first chapter when a woman’s body is found in a local park. I really enjoy books told from different POVs of view, so this was an added bonus for me. With a great plot, well fleshed out characters, this is a must-read for all Crime lovers.
RoseAnne Greig
Really enjoyed the book. Great story. It came together and after a few twists, turns and surprises the book was done.
Janine Mallen Brown
Jun 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Well written. Read it in 3 sittings.
Well done Catherine I look forward to book 3.
Christina Lang
Jun 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great suspense and action, couldn't put it down ...more
Trisha Tilbury
Jun 24, 2021 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book,I found myself trying to figure out who the killer was. Was not expecting the ending, would highly recommend to anyone who enjoys crime novels
Rukhsana Barkatali
Fantastic read and kept me intrigued to keep reading more and thanks to voracious readers for free copy
Tam
Jun 02, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gritty and intense! Complex and compelling! An edgy mystery full pulse-pounding suspense, sinister secrets and one shocking surprise after another! The fast pace of the of the twisted, wildly-captivating plot kept me swiping the pages feverishly long past my bedtime.

*I received a complimentary ARC of this book in order to read and provide a voluntary, unbiased and honest review, should I choose to do so.
Toni
Aug 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book from the author and I absolutely loved it!!

It begins with the discovery of a murdered young woman. The story takes us on the journey of the police investigation from each of the main characters points of view. It was fast paced with well written and relatable characters. And I love the main character, DI Ziggy.

If you like crime fiction, give this book a read. I'll definitely be reading more of Catherine Yaffe's books!!!
Gail Cook
Apr 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book to feature DI Andrew (Ziggy) Thorne although he was not a major character in “The Lie She Told”.
Catherine Yaffe has taken Ziggy and woven a whole story of murder, mystery and intrigue around him and his team.
With one murder not solved after a whole week DI Thorne’s boss, DCI Whitmore, is breathing down his neck to get results and threatening to bring in a specialist murder team to take over the case.
We find ourselves willing Ziggy on to solve this as much for his own peac
Sian
My review of The Web They Wove is on my blog.

Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Duplicate profiles / missing reviews 6 59 Jun 10, 2021 12:57PM
Goodreads Librari...: Please change cover 3 15 Apr 09, 2021 07:42AM

• A Year in the Life of Leah Brand
  • Zero Escape (Maximum Exposure, #3)
  • One Must Die
  • Tell Me A Secret (Chilling Tales of the Unexpected #2)
  • The Quigley Alchemy (The Danny Quigley Series)
  • Random Access
  • The Undead Age: Origin Stories (An Undead Age Novella)
  • Dome Six (Cytocorp Saga, #1)
  • The Rising Tide
  • Earth Warden (Ancient Guardians #1)
  • The Drowning Kind
  • What Beauty There Is
  • What the Devil Knows (Sebastian St. Cyr, #16)
  • Omega Directive
  • Europa (Taxyon Space #1)
  • Stranded (The Shorten Chronicles, #1)
  • An Alien Storm (Soldiers of Saedo, #4)
  • The Bohemians
Available 28th May 2021
Not all killers are who they first seem..

With little to no forensic evidence left at the scene, Ziggy struggles to pull the strands of the case together. When a s

News & Interviews