Start by marking “By Virtue I Fall (Sins of the Fathers, #3)” as Want to Read:
By Virtue I Fall (Sins of the Fathers, #3)

By Virtue I Fall

(Sins of the Fathers #3)

Love is an inconvenience Anna Cavallaro doesn’t have time for.
She only has one goal: to become a fashion designer. Chicago’s elite already copies her style religiously, not least because she’s the daughter of the city’s notorious mafia boss.
When she’s accepted at a world-famous fashion institute in Paris, her father’s condition is to take her bodyguard along.
Anna defini
Published June 26th 2022

To ask other readers questions about By Virtue I Fall, please sign up.
dahlia Thank GOD the book is getting out b/c I'm excited for this book. …moreThank GOD the book is getting out b/c I'm excited for this book. (less)

Start your review of By Virtue I Fall (Sins of the Fathers, #3)
♡tanaz♡
NOPE I TAKE MY RATING BACK MISS CORA REILLY IS OFF TO GO TO ISRAEL FOR A BOOK SIGNING. go ahead and visit the country currently committing mass murder, genocide, war crimes, displacing and ethnically cleansing Palestinians from their own land. 0 stars for you.

the book signing event in israel link

and don't sit here and tell me "can't blame an entire country for what the army/government are doing" stfu i can and i will.

----------------------------------------
originally - 3 stars ⭐⭐⭐

anna:

santino:
Yeasmin Alo
Apr 05, 2021 marked it as to-read
Least excited about this one 😴
Her sir name is enough to put me into sound sleep Because HATE OUTFIT ALL DAY EVERYDAY. PERIOD.
FictionalDen
- 00000 stars

Santino

Honestly I’m glad Clifford wasn’t the H

He deserves someone better than a horny teenager.

"I have the most gorgeous teenage girl flashing her ass cheeks at me every morning and night in a desperate attempt to seduce me, I don't need TikTok for that."

“Newsflash, it's not an attempt if it's successful."

His answering sly grin warmed my belly more than the best hot chocolate in the city. I nudged his arm with mine, my smile widening. "I'm starving. Feed me."

He is wha
Curious Bae
Jul 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Why does the author portray the outfit as weak. I love the characters in the outfit but they are not treated fairly by the author wish she make them look stronger and better. Dante>Luca
C.K.
Apr 05, 2021 rated it liked it
Rating: 3 shaky stars

I was shipping Anna/Santino since Fragile Longing. I have been waiting a long time for this story. Unfortunately, it didn’t live up to all that I hope it would be. For the most part, I didn’t find this an enjoyable read. I thought there were some good parts, but there was a lot of stuff I didn’t like. The stuff I didn’t like was overshadowing those few good moments. I had to put the book down many times. I got so mad that I wanted to throw my kindle.

Dual pov plus a chapter
amber
Jun 20, 2022 rated it did not like it
My first Cora Reilly book after two years and it reminded me why I stopped reading her books in the first place.

I need to throw this out there because it’s been ignored by reviewers so far and it’s a large chunk of the book. Santino starts finding her attractive at the age of 16. The book is dual POV so we do get to read his POV. There’s a scene of her in a bikini and him thinking about her “womanly” curves. Her brother, yes typical Cora Reilly, calls her a “hot piece of ass” which he also ment
Selma
Jun 19, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta, favorites
By Virtue I Fall was hands down my most anticipated second generation book in the Sins of the Fathers series and boy did the exceptionally talented Cora Reilly take me on a wild and angst-filled rollercoaster ride of epic proportions I soon won't forget. My poor nerves have been through the wringer and I can’t tell you how often I wanted to throw my kindle against the wall or scream my heart out. I felt all the frustration and sheer agony the protagonists went through facing a difficult situatio ...more
[PickyReader™ SemiHiatus®]
I liked Anna Cavallaro since she said this!!⬇️⬇️

Be selfish for once, Sofia. In this world, we women get so few choices, so little freedom. We have to grasp happiness by the collar and drag it with us. We can't hope for happiness to jump into our lap. Be selfish. You deserve it.

She looks like the type WHO WILL FIGHT FOR HER HAPPINESS!!
bella
Jun 21, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
4,5 stars

Tropes: Forbidden romance
Age gap
Bodyguard romance

Before I start I'd like to say that, although it’s an unpopular opinion, the Cavallaros are my favorite family from Cora Reilly's book, so I’m totally biased to their side. With that being said, I was very excited for this book and a little apprehensive too, so I tried to keep my expectations low.

Fortunately, it was so good and it was way more than I expected. I'm SO happy she did justice to my Cavallaro family.

However, I must say that
San (slikestoread)
4-4.5 Cherie stars!

"every f*cking thing I've done the last few years has been cause of you Anna. You are the goddamn sun I'm circling"

Santino & Anna! Anna & Santino! yes, they are here & taking us for a trip to the city of love aka Paris.  I was really excited for this story and I'm very happy we finally got it. Get your passport ready and pack your bags, we're going to Paris with our mafia ice princess and our favorite bodyguard on an unforgettable trip!

Anna is Dante and Valentina's daughter
Tanu
Apr 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Anna and Clifford would make an amazing story. We already got a book like bodyguard love story type and I think this mafia princess-politician type book would be exceptional. There are so many new opportunities for this. I hope the author chooses Clifford 😍
Hiba ✰
Jun 28, 2022 rated it did not like it
0.5 star ⭐️

Hey do check my Pinterest board of sin of fathers!🥺

https://pin.it/1lix0Aq (acc: katallister)

- I can not believe I am saying this but marcella was better than anna. 👀

once again cora reilly proved that she can not write good books anymore. I don’t understand why I even gave it 0.5 star? this book is sooo bad that I skimmed half of it. What has happened to cora? Where is the Cora that wrote the cammora chronicles & my fav remoserafina?🥲

This book is absolutely trash & a disaster! I hated
Deniz
I love bodyguard trope very much. Anna and Santino are a pairing I’ve been waiting for since first reading “Fragile Longing” their chemistry is off the charts. I devour this book in one sitting, I couldn’t put it down. If you love forbidden romance, age gap, and bodyguard trope this is the book for you...
Aparajita
Jun 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I'm rooting for Santino and Anna. Please make them Endgame!😭

So excited!!
isadora
Jun 21, 2022 rated it did not like it
By Virtue I Fall review: 1,5 stars.

Arc provided in exchange for an honest review.

I need to be honest about it, I was not waiting so much about By Virtue I fall, and I was not surprised with what Cora made. The whole book was bad, with all my honesty.

Anna should be a cunning and cold princess, but she is a rich spoiled girl, who don't know how to react to rejection, crying, and acting like a kid instead of the strong powerful woman she is supposed to be. Her biggest dream of being a fashion stude
zoe
Apr 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
annasantino are my best friends. my ride or dies. my manifesting worked annasantino best people ever (also annaleonas best siblings)
gina
Apr 22, 2022 rated it it was ok
First off thanks Clair bear I luv u🥺

2.💫
yikes 😬

I’m not gonna get down on myself.

If I really think about it I hyped it up in my head and the little crumbs we got leading up to this so that’s on me.

Idk why but a lot of authors second gen just ain’t hitting,
I understand they want to keep the parents perfect but no one said you had to ruin them … but god idk if your gonna make mafia story’s in the second gen I’d appreciate less ya know fluff.. if that makes any sense if you’ve read Marcella and m
lisa☆
Jun 29, 2022 rated it liked it
Shelves: mafia
In all honesty, I didn't care about Anna's book in the slightest when I found out she was also getting a book. I only picked it up since practically every arc reader was praising BVIF on Twitter. My expectations weren't that high, but the book's middle part pleasantly surprised me.
I say only the middle part since Anna is underage for at least 35% of this book and the last 20% was a tad bit dramatic for my taste.
The beginning was hard to read since she's 12 when they meet and he's 22. When you
lox
Jun 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
3.5.. waited almost two years and annasantino served but the book was just too short for the time jumps
meta angel
Apr 06, 2021 rated it did not like it
1 star 🙂

Guys I acc really liked the book and it was a 5 stars in my eyes and I had a whole long ass POSITIVE review written out cuz I love the characters and I’m so attached to them…

But I can’t support #her because why is she going to isr*el for a book signing
Meri
Jun 23, 2022 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5

Choose love or duty?

Anna Cavallaro's greatest desire is to become a great fashion designer, she has been accepted in a prestigious fashion institute in Paris and it won't matter if she has to resort to blackmail or manipulation (which by the way is one of her best weapons) in order to fulfill her dream.
The main condition her father sets for her is to be accompanied by her personal bodyguard who has been taking care of her for 5 years: Santino.
The big problem? Ana has had a huge crush on S
ana clara
May 29, 2022 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
“Every fucking thing I’ve done these last few years has been because of you Anna. You are the goddamn sun I’m circling.”

An ARC was provided in exchange for an honest review.

Tropes: Age-gap, Forbidden Romance, Bodyguard x client

By Virtue I Fall, the third book to the Sins of the Fathers series, was definitely one of my most anticipated reads of the year (wasn't just beaten by BFIC probably, I still need it) and I still can't believe it's finally here.
I'd worked on myself not to have any expec
Jenn (The Book Refuge)
Well... I didn't hate it but.. I didn't love it.

Anna was a kind of a danger to herself and others.. but whatevs.

3 on the spice scale
HeartBreaker
Jun 28, 2022 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1-star
CR has started a new trend- she is going to write her heriones as underage girls cause she can't wait for them to turn 18. At the end of the day-age is just a number right? Anna is 12 when her mom tells her that she is going to merry the C guy, ans somehow Anna is capeble to see that C guy is not for her. Does Anna even know what marriage is?This scene is very problematic to me. I get that it's fiction and that her world is what it is but don't you just think that this is pushing the line a bit? ...more
Saniya
Aug 25, 2021 marked it as to-read
Anna really strikes me as someone who will fight for her happiness.
But hooking up with your bodyguard whom your father trusts completely is a whole different thing .😄
Just imagine Anna and Santino sneaking in the middle of the night to meet each other or Santino getting jealous over Clifford and Anna's relationship and have to act like he don't care about it
even though he do .

From what I read in fragile longing I think Anna will drive Santino crazy she will use her antics like she did in FG to
Payel
Sep 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
I love bodyguard romance. I love Anna's rebel behavior. Hope at least for his daughter's sake Dante will change lots of useless rules of outfit.
Though Outfit is boring hope Anna would not disappoint me like Sofia
☽ mira
3⭐️

“Because if you were promised to me, I’d make sure no other guy would get within a mile of you.”

this book gave me a fucking headache. no joke the way it was "no i want you but can't have you" crap was exhausting. it was just so so so so so repetitive. i loved some parts tho ehhhhhh ya idk it was just ok? idk i already forgot most of it.

idk why my head hurts after reading this.
ellie
Jun 29, 2022 rated it really liked it
move along, there is nothing to see here. i didn’t give this four stars, you don’t perceive me🧍

this was basically LilyRomero in a slightly different font, so no wonder i ate this shit up. bye.
Travelogged Blogs
Jun 22, 2022 rated it it was amazing
"Love wasn't written in my stars. But I wanted lust and excitement, danger and joy. I wanted to collect a myriad of memories before my future caught up with me."

It was such a fun ride, I enjoyed every second of this book. I absolutely loved Anna & Santino's epic love story, I was never bored and was hooked from the very first banter between them. This is a mafia princess/bodyguard, forbidden romance with an age gap. It follows Anna Cavallaro (Dante & Valentina Cavallaro's eldest daughter from Bo
fay
Jun 18, 2022 marked it as to-read
I have no expectations from this book.
No more disappointment for me 😌

• God of Malice (Legacy of Gods, #1)
  • Kiss the Sky (Calloway Sisters, #1)
  • Fierce King (L.A. Ruthless, #1)
  • The Mafia And His Angel: Part 1 (Tainted Hearts, #1)
  • Hothouse Flower (Calloway Sisters, #2)
  • Empire of Lust (Empire, #4)
  • A Bloody Kingdom (Ruthless People, #4)
  • American Savages (Ruthless People, #3)
  • Help Me Remember (Rose Canyon, #1)
  • The Purest Addiction (Made, #4)
  • Bad Dream (Dark Dream, #0.5)
  • A Vicious Rumor
  • The Untouchables (Ruthless People, #2)
  • Family of Liars
  • Book of Night (Book of Night, #1)
  • Something Wilder
  • Ruined Castles (The Elite Kings Club, #8)
  • Annihilator (Dark Verse, #5)
See top shelves…
I'm an author of romance and new adult novels. I'm a lover of good food, wine and books, and I'm hopelessly addicted to bad boys (in books).

If you are a fan of audiobooks, many of my books are already available as audios:

Join my reader's group on Facebook: Cora's Flamingo Squad

If you want to be notified of new releases and cover reveals, AND get the occasio

Sins of the Fathers (4 books)
  • By Sin I Rise: Part One (Sins of the Fathers, #1)
  • By Sin I Rise: Part Two (Sins of the Fathers, #2)
  • By Fate I Conquer (Sins of the Fathers, #4)