Start by marking “Green Witchcraft II: Balancing Light & Shadow” as Want to Read:
Green Witchcraft II: Balancing Light & Shadow

Green Witchcraft II: Balancing Light & Shadow (Green Witchcraft #2)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  413 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Green Witches are deeply connected to the Earth and the cosmic balance of light and dark. They welcome the wisdom of the light and the shadow sides of nature, the self, and the Divine to grow more whole in magic and spirit.

In Green Witchcraft II, hereditary Witch Ann Moura reveals how to develop a balanced practice by incorporating the powerful, dark aspects of the Godde
Published by Llewellyn Publications (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Green Witchcraft II, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Green Witchcraft II

Melissa
Apr 25, 2013 rated it did not like it
I was actually really disappointed with this entire series.

The first book I got written by Ann Moura was "Mansions of the Moon for the Green Witch" I enjoyed it, as there are few books out that talk about utlizing the power of the lunar mansions for witchcraft. Then, I purchased"Grimoire for the Green Witch" and was slightly disappointed by the lack of detail provided for much of the information. Now, I get the entire"Green Witch" series, and what do I find?

It all appears to be the sam content
Siduri Moonshine
Nov 26, 2012 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Purveyors of Fiction of the, "Green" Kind
Recommended to Siduri by: Forgot
Wish there were a, "No Star" option for this book really is unworthy of even a, "star!" There is an offensive and condescending undertone in her works which is not only obvious to the astute reader in this book, but in her other works as well. Of course it's just my humble opinion and someone else may find this book a five star plus type of book. It's all in what resonates with us. Or is it? I've read other books which the writer comes across as offensive and condescending and yet it's tolerable ...more
Yvonne
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd installment in her series. I really identify with this author and her books, particularly when her mother passed and the spiritual experience she had during that time. I went through something similar and it really hit home. I also really liked her meditations and the aspect of balancing the light and shadow parts of ourselves. That being said, I do wish she delved more into shadow work - as there is not a lot written about that topic (the general focus is on 'the light' so much ...more
Dissy Rose
I did skim through large portions of this book because it was just a rehash of the first one (and much of the book is taken up by lists of correspondences).

So why three stars? The main reason for this is because of the meditations, which were fantastic. I also enjoyed Appendix C, an essay called "A Few Thoughts on the Sforza Tarot Deck." Another hidden gem was chapter 9, all about meditation.

I truly wish the author would have focused more on the meditations and left the rest of her book to essay
Charles
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
it was an informative book. there were a few parts of the book that need more info on but that is by no means the authors fault the are topics that could cover a whole book on there own. the only real problem i had was she kept referring to the atheme as a knife except in one or two spots.
Brandi
Feb 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very informative.
Nicole
Dec 05, 2008 rated it liked it
Although not as good as the first one, it was worth reading. It provides excellent information on aspects of light and dark.
Candace
Dec 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: occult
Very interesting take on the dark half of life, however some of the things that she convey have been done in the original Green Witchcraft book. Overall a must have on the witches book shelfs.
Amber Bingham
Jan 23, 2013 marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Tammy
Jan Burnsed
Dec 10, 2014
Kristin Harmon
Jun 22, 2016
  • The Outer Temple of Witchcraft: Circles, Spells, and Rituals (Temple of Witchcraft, #2)
  • Signs, Symbols & Omens: An Illustrated Guide to Magical & Spiritual Symbolism
  • Craft of the Wild Witch: Green Spirituality & Natural Enchantment
  • Advanced Witchcraft: Go Deeper, Reach Further, Fly Higher
  • Spirit of the Witch: Religion & Spirituality in Contemporary Witchcraft
  • Everyday Magic: Spells & Rituals for Modern Living
  • Spell Crafts: Creating Magical Objects (Llewellyn's Practical Magick)
  • To Light a Sacred Flame: Practical Witchcraft for the Millennium
  • Celtic Magic
  • The Element Encyclopedia of Witchcraft
  • The Encyclopedia of Witches and Witchcraft
  • The Wicca Garden: A Modern Witch's Book of Magickal and Enchanted Herbs and Plants
  • Progressive Witchcraft: Spirituality, Mysteries, and Training in Modern Wicca
201269
Ann Moura, A.K.A. Aoumiel, is an author of books about magic, religion, and witchcraft, in particular the Wiccan religion, and has been a solitary practitioner of Green Witchcraft for over thirty years. Her craft name is Aoumiel. Her mother and grandmother were Craftwise Brazilians of Celtic-Iberian descent.

She holds both a Bachelor of Arts and a Master of Arts degrees in history. She is a certif
More about Ann Moura...

Green Witchcraft (3 books)
  • Green Witchcraft: Folk Magic, Fairy Lore & Herb Craft (Green Witchcraft Series)
  • Green Witchcraft III: The Manual