Start by marking “City of the Creeps” as Want to Read:
City of the Creeps

City of the Creeps

The Crazies meets Day of the Dead, molded for a modern readership. The virus is smart, learning as it goes, and finding opportunities to thrive. People are changing. They’re quiet. They’re spacey. They’re harboring something foreign and looking mingle…

People are biting. People are chasing. People are spreading a virus that turns even the most civilized into a creature of v
Paperback, Rewind-or-Die #28, 114 pages
Published June 3rd 2021 by Unnerving

To ask other readers questions about City of the Creeps, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about City of the Creeps

Start your review of City of the Creeps
Barbara Behring
May 09, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-books
Cityof the creeps by Ernie Kattenbrunner Jr was a throwback to the movies Crazies and Night of the living dead with a few interesting twists. All in all an enjoyable read,
Susan
Apr 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Hugo and Carlos are waiting for their mom to come home from work. They’re worried because their mom is late.. when they look out the window they see something strange. What is it? People kissing each other. Then they see see people drooling with black stuff coming out of their mouths and acting funny. Why? When they look out the window again, they see their mom being kissed by another woman. They don’t know what to do. They are glad when their mom is in their home. She goes to bed. She has Hugo ...more
Paul Downey
Apr 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
Billed as The Crazies meets Dawn of the Dead is a novella that doesn’t mess around when getting down to the nitty gritty.

Author Ernie Kaltenbrunner Jr. feels like he skips the exposition part of the story and fills in the blanks as he goes along.

When a deadly virus infects residents of a small american town they are pitted in a fight for survival whilst also trying to figure out its origin and how to stop it.

Kaltenbrunner does a good job at world building enough to keep the story flowing well an
Dion Smith
May 25, 2021 rated it it was ok
I liked the idea of the story, it has a few elements that I have not come across before, and the action scenes were good but brief .
I found the writing style clunky, and lacked emotion, and the flow of the story seemed off, which made it difficult to get fully invested.
I would have liked more tension and build up in the story.

*Thank you to NetGalley for providing me with a copy of the book in exchange for a honest review.*
Brittney
May 24, 2021 rated it it was ok
Suz Jay
Apr 10, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
“...one of those horrid screams filled the world with shivers. Those milling around, those walking leisurely, those running looking to spread the goodness within, all stopped, stiffened, and began metamorphosis. Butterflies into slugs.”*

CITY OF CREEPS is like a George Romero zombie movie on acid. The story mostly follows a rag tag group consisting of a pair of young brothers, a teacher, and a police officer who navigate a city filled with zombie-like nightmare creatures, both of human and animal
Nikki (Spine Tinglers)
City of Creeps by Ernie Kaltenbrunner Jr. claims to be like George Romero movies filled with apocalyptic, horde-infested streets and people surviving amongst virus-infected living dead. I was excited going in on this premise, as it’s been a bit of time since I’ve read any post-apocalyptic, zombie-esque horror books.

While I think the action was really well-written in this book and the gore was fun to witness, I really struggled to get through this book. A couple of things held it back, which are
Becca
Jun 23, 2021 marked it as dnf
Thank you to Unnerving & Netgalley for providing me with a copy of City of the Creeps in exchange for an honest review!

DNF @ 43%.

I typically would not DNF anything this short -- but, I started this a few weeks ago, had absolutely zero interest in it & forgot to go back. I can't even remember what happened during the 43% that I did read.
Margin of Terror
Apr 30, 2021 rated it it was ok
It’s very difficult to write a really good zombie apocalypse story, and this particular attempt does not even come close to accomplishing that. The characters were bland, the gore was just meh and more gross than anything else, and frankly I found it difficult to stay engaged.
Elizabeth

• The Haunted Forest Tour
  • Rock and a Hard Place, Issue 5: Winter/Spring
  • Workhouse: The People, the Places, the Life Behind Doors

News & Interviews

'Tis the season of the beach read, that herald of summer sun and vacation vibes! Whether you're the type of reader who has very strict rules...