Start by marking “Hot as Heller (Aster Valley, #3)” as Want to Read:
Hot as Heller (Aster Valley, #3)

Hot as Heller

(Aster Valley #3)

The man asked me to valet his damn car.

Look, I left LA for a reason. I’ve had my fill of big Hollywood stars and their even bigger egos. I want something genuine. Something real. And it doesn’t get any realer than being the new sheriff of Aster Valley, Colorado.

That is, until entitled Finn Heller appears on the scene, handing me the keys to his convertible like I’m h
Published June 1st 2021

To ask other readers questions about Hot as Heller, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot as Heller

Start your review of Hot as Heller (Aster Valley, #3)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.25~

Let's start at the end because I can't contain myself: Unlike the first two Aster Valley books, which feature a pseudo epilogue narrated by a secondary character, Hot as Heller contains a real epilogue from the POV of one of the MCs with a HEA and everything.

More good news: This book is a sexy, relatively low angst lil' nugget with a dash of enemies-to-lovers to shake things up.

Declan thinks Finn is another spoiled actor who flaunts his wealth and throws wild parties. He makes all kinds
Cadiva
Jun 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
My favourite so far

This story turned out to be nothing like I was expecting and instead gave me an absolutely delightful romance.

Finn Heller is not what our first glimpse of him presented, he isn't a Hollywood diva, he's a tired young man trying to find a new path after a life in the spotlight.

The more Sheriff Declan Stone gets to know Finn, the more he realises what a treasure is hiding under the outwardly spoiled brat shell.

I absolutely adored Finn. The more it became clear he was trying his
Meags
4.5 Stars

These Aster Vallians, and their heart-warming small-town romances, continue to dazzle and delight me in every way.

When actor Finn Heller and his latest film crew descend on Aster Valley, newly appointed Sheriff Declan Stone expects nothing but trouble from the entitled Hollywood stars causing an unwanted ruckus in his town.

Thankfully, awkward first impressions don’t last long and preconceived notions to fly out the window, as Declan has the opportunity to see Finn for the hardworking,
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Cute.

I usually don't like movie stars in my romance books but this one was ok. I don't know if I feel all that bad for Finn, I mean, he kept telling us he was a grown up so...I liked Declan for the most part. I'm not sure he read like the greatest sheriff in the world though. Overall it was sweet and I'm happy that Finn found someone to take care of him, he needs it.

The pregnant bestie storyline seemed like an addition that was squeezed in and I didn't really get the point of it but it ended up
Santy
Enjoyed...expected more though

I certainly Enjoyed this like the previous books but I guess coming from the excellence that was Truman's book, I just...expected more. I couldn't place my finger on it but it was missing something.

I don't know whether it was because I didn't get to know both characters as much as I'd have loved to, or that too much focus was placed on the shoot rather than relationship development.

Also, too much was left up in the air or simply underdeveloped. Kix?Finn's mother?De
Andi Anderson
I loved the intense heat and sweet romance between Finn and Declan. This May/December romance was exactly what I needed today. Between the fast paced storyline and the sexy, feel-good romance, this book is definitely a favorite of mine this year.
haletostilinski
⭐︎4.5 stars!⭐︎

Loved this third installment. Finn and Declan, I have to say, are my favorite couple to date in this series. They just clicked from day one and had that perfect chemistry together.

Finn was much more than what Declan had judged him to be, and Declan was caring, protective and loving toward Finn the person, not Finn the movie star, the first person to be that for Finn...maybe ever in his life.

Finn is in Aster Valley for the shooting of an action movie. He's a former child star as he
Em Jay
Jun 04, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: meh
2.75 ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Is there something in the water or what because I keep finding myself in a book funk 😩 This story was regrettably a miss for me. The curse of book 3 strikes again (whispering key, nerds vs jocks and now this 😭). I’m bummed because Aster Valley thus far has been sexy, lots of nonsense fun. Most of my issues are probably just a me thing, so take my opinions with a grain of salt.

First off, age-gap romances are extremely hit or miss for me, so I was already hesitant going in to this. This
Bev
3.5 stars from me. Just checking quickly on here, and ALL of this series has come out in 2021 📚📚...and we've only just gotten into June!! One of the main reasons I stopped reading M/F nearly 10 years ago was the fact that some of my authors seemed to bring stories out every few weeks so, not unnaturally, it makes sense to assume that the quality goes down as the quantity goes up..

I would honestly much rather have to wait a few months for a sequel, to NOT put the author under any pressure and ge
ML
Jun 03, 2021 rated it did not like it
I’m only 12% in and this book gives me major MF vibes. It’s the reason I pretty much only read MM books. Finn so far is VERY weak willed and a push over character...Ugh. I’m not sure I’ll make it through until the end. The side characters are slimy as hell too. Kix seems very stereotypical “lead you down the dark path” side character. Blech.

Hate reading it is then...

I can’t make it past the sad sex scene that made me fall asleep at my desk at work... meh .. cannot power through.

I want Heller
Ana  Nimity
May 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
Each of the Aster Valley books has been different from the others, yet they all combine sweet romance with hot sex and quirky, but interesting storylines. While Lucy Lennox specializes in supporting casts that often put the “crazy” in idiosyncrasies, Aster Vallians are not as over-the-top as in some other series, and I appreciate them all the more for it. Especially considering what the fourth book in the series has in store.

In Hot as Heller, Lucy Lennox deftly layers several tropes: age gap (a
Joyfully Jay
Jun 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

Hot as Heller is the third full book in Lucy Lennox’s Aster Valley series and returns us to this small mountain town. The characters do tend to appear in each other’s books, and Declan was a prominent side character in Sweet as Honey, but the storyline here is the most independent of any of the books and it should stand alone fine. However, I do think this book will be richer if you are familiar with the town, the people, and some of the backstory.

These books are
Daniela
Jun 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow this series is amazing and I totally loved this book!! Finn and Dec are so cute <3
Nese's reads
May 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
Welcome to Aster Valley....
Where a misunderstanding at first sight is guaranteed....
Followed by a lot of heart warming events with genuinely lovely people, sigh !

Declan Grumpypants is the Sheriff of Aster Valley, he is happy, well sort of, but he is pretty lonely too. Leaving behind horrid Hollywood and everything that entailed, he is enjoying life in a small town, with the personal touches he adores. Who knew that an arrogant and sexy actor would come and sabotage his peace and calm.

Finn is s
Maria
Jun 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars rounded up to 4

Well, it had to happen at some point that I wouldn’t automatically fall crazily in love with a Lucy Lennox book. Don’t get me wrong, Hot as Heller was really enjoyable and really loved the last 15% of the story. But unfortunately I didn’t warm up to either of the main characters :(

I would have loved for Finn to actually be the spoilt brat that we were hinted about in the epilogue of the previous book. Instead we get a very quiet, even shy, insecure and immature at times
Airy
Jun 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The thing is, if I like an author or a series, and in this case I like both, I am easy to please. So yes, I totally enjoyed this book because I've been waiting for it and because I like the setup.
Was it perfect? No. The beginning was dragging and then the end was rushed. But I forgive it easily because the characters were amazing, I loved the dynamic, I loved seeing the other couples and I had a good time reading it.
Kk
Jun 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle_unlimited
4 Stars with Reservations
⭐⭐⭐⭐

L/L has steadily climbed the ranks of my expectations due to her excellent writing & hilarious content. This series is right up there. I have loved each book so far!

Unfortunately...
That was right, he was wrong, it wasn't true. These phrases kept popping up in Finn's 1st POV...ALOT. It is basically the same thing in each instance of Finn not being present in the convo or rather preferred internal debate to verbalization.

At 58 %, there is a dinner scene with Finn at h
Meghan
Jun 06, 2021 rated it liked it
Good, but not amazing.

3.5 stars. I feel like Lucy has so much potential to be an amazing author, she’s written some great books (Wilde Love, Taming Teddy, Nautical, King Me, even Facing West), but I wonder if she’s rushing her writing schedule too much or something? I feel like she’s just phoning it in with this series. I loved Winter Waites and Right as Raine, but have been disappointed with these last two. This one was definitely better than Sweet as Honey, but still not great. I liked the ch
Rin Pet
Jun 04, 2021 rated it it was ok
About 15% into this book I was seriously wondering if this really was a Lennox book. The characters and their relationship development were inauthentic and one dimensional. The plot was contrived and predictable. I’m really not sure why Finn and Declan even liked each other.... and there was a REALLY icky quote about Tess and “straight men and pregnant women” that pretty much sealed the deal on how I felt about this book as a whole. I was determined to finish and when I did, I had zero attachmen ...more
Mrs.V
May 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Hot Sheriff Sexypants!
I was so happy going back to Aster Valley, and witnessing the new Sheriff in town, Declan Stone falling madly on love with Finn.
Finn Heller is everything Declan despises, a spoiled man-child actor, bratty and uncaring of everything but his fame and his parties. Or so Declan thinks, until he starts to realize that’s not at all who Finn is, just the opposite!
A significant age gap (almost 16 years), a younger man in search of his true self and an older one who is perfectly ha
Samantha Tucker
May 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
It was lovely to be back in Astor Valley once again. This little town has really grown on me over the course of the last two books. There were definitely some unexpected things in this book! Sheriff Declan Stone finds himself thrown for a loop when he gets to know actor Finn Heller. I loved the way characters from previous books continued to show up in this book and we get to see a little more of their stories. I also really enjoyed the super hot sexy times. I love the way Lucy's characters deve ...more
Louise Heeran
Jun 02, 2021 rated it it was ok
The plot was there. The story was there but it felt a bit like walking into the middle of a conversation. The relationship between Finn and Declan went from 'I hate you, you entitled prick' to 'I can not live with out you' in about 3 pages and made no sense at all. ...more
Kim
Jun 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
I knew Declan Stone was going to have to be a hero the first time he made an appearance and I was looking forward to his story. He is the new Sheriff in town and just getting used to small-town life after escaping the excess and corruption of California. Now a whole group of Cali movie folks are invading Aster Valley...

Finn Heller is the child star trying to mature in his acting skills and no one really knows his true self or what he wants out of life. Everyone tends to judge him and those aroun
Devoted❤️Reader
May 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
To Thine Own Self

I love with each visit to Aster Valley we learn more about the town, make new friends, visit with old ones, and fall in love over and over. Perhaps Finn didn’t make the best first impression but I knew there was more to him and his story. Learning it all touched my heart and there were many times I wanted to hug him and shake some other people. He’s an incredible person who shines brightly and like Declan I just can’t help but to adore him.
“He smelled like comfort and home.
He
AshPenny37
Jun 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous addition to the Aster Valley family!

Declan and Finn's story is a super sweet age-gap romance with themes around family and trust.

The MCs are easy to like: Declan is a natural born protector and all round good guy (though he does have some preconceptions that he has to address), whilst Finn has layers of maturity that he's growing into whilst assessing where his acting career username where he wants to plant some roots.

Hot As Heller is everything you'd expect from a Lucy Lennox novel: a
Tracy Perry
Jun 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book like I loved the others before this one. So very good and intriguing, a bit funny, steamy, sweet and suspenseful. I loved Declan and Finn! I was hooked from the first page, hated to put me ereader down to eat and stuff, haha. There’s some crazy stuff going on in the book and a few people I didn’t like at all, but they’ll get their punishment.... I was so pleased with the epilogue it left me awing. I can’t wait for the upcoming books in this series.
Stephanie
Jun 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I just can't get enough if this series. It just keeps on getting better and better. I love Finn and Declan! I love seeing how their relationship develops throughout this story. Lucy Lennox keeps on making stories that I just love so much. Such a beautiful, sweet and funny story that just pulls me right in from the first page. ...more
Lisa Anne
Jun 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
Finn is a famous child actor now making an action movie in Aster Valley. He got off on the wrong foot with Declan, the sheriff, who thinks he's spoiled. Declan learns that couldn't be further from the truth as he gets to know Finn, and as Finn deals with a crazy director, a manipulative agent and mother, a toxic friend, and an unsafe set. ...more
Amanda
May 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pirates-2021
3.5 Stars!

Aster Valley is another extremely fun world that Lennox has created. At the end of the last book we got a little peek into Declan and Finn's first time meeting and it was a very rocky start! Luckily it all worked out because each was exactly what the other needed. Finn needed a big strong rock to lean and on show him how to stand up for himself, and Declan had so much love to give and needed the perfect person to give his love too. It's a lovely book with a lot of growth, some super st
Elizabeth
Jun 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
Fast paced, exciting, and overall it was fun to read. I enjoyed the Declan and Finn together. Their relationship developed a little faster than I usually like in my romances but overall this was good. The dynamic between all the characters in Aster Valley is really what is making this series enjoyable for me.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
LGBT > Gay
See top shelves…
I only keep a small list of my very favorite books and series in my bookshelf here. I read A LOT and it's hard to keep the list updated! ...more

Aster Valley (4 books)
  • Right as Raine (Aster Valley #1)
  • Sweet as Honey (Aster Valley, #2)
  • Thick as Thieves (Aster Valley, #4)

News & Interviews