Start by marking “Hot as Heller (Aster Valley, #3)” as Want to Read:
Hot as Heller (Aster Valley, #3)

Hot as Heller

(Aster Valley #3)

The man asked me to valet his damn car.

Look, I left LA for a reason. I’ve had my fill of big Hollywood stars and their even bigger egos. I want something genuine. Something real. And it doesn’t get any realer than being the new sheriff of Aster Valley, Colorado.

That is, until entitled Finn Heller appears on the scene, handing me the keys to his convertible like I’m h
Published June 1st 2021

To ask other readers questions about Hot as Heller, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot as Heller

Start your review of Hot as Heller (Aster Valley, #3)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Sep 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Hot as Heller is book three in the Aster Valley series by Lucy Lennox. I got a little behind on this series so am finally getting caught up. I’ve been so excited to read Declan’s book!

Declan Stone is now the sheriff of Aster Valley, Colorado after they got rid of the previous sheriff and all his nefarious dealings. Now Declan is tasked with cleaning up the mess left behind. It’s been about six months since he took office. His age is stated as nearly forty so I’m going to call him thirty nine! De
Cadiva
Jun 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
My favourite so far

This story turned out to be nothing like I was expecting and instead gave me an absolutely delightful romance.

Finn Heller is not what our first glimpse of him presented, he isn't a Hollywood diva, he's a tired young man trying to find a new path after a life in the spotlight.

The more Sheriff Declan Stone gets to know Finn, the more he realises what a treasure is hiding under the outwardly spoiled brat shell.

I absolutely adored Finn. The more it became clear he was trying his
Meags
4.5 Stars

These Aster Vallians, and their heart-warming small-town romances, continue to dazzle and delight me in every way.

When actor Finn Heller and his latest film crew descend on Aster Valley, newly appointed Sheriff Declan Stone expects nothing but trouble from the entitled Hollywood stars causing an unwanted ruckus in his town.

Thankfully, awkward first impressions don’t last long and preconceived notions to fly out the window, as Declan has the opportunity to see Finn for the hardworking,
Gustaf
Jul 11, 2021 rated it did not like it
I don't know... I really don't.

I used to be a huge fan of this author, but lately her books haven't worked for me. Like, at all. I don't know if it's just my taste changing or something else, but I keep reading her books, hoping for a hit like before but I keep ending up feeling let down. Maybe I should stop? I bet you'll see me reviewing her next release when it's out. As you can see, this book is following that trend.

I liked Dec and Finn. I wanted their HEA. But the journey there didn't work
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Cute.

I usually don't like movie stars in my romance books but this one was ok. I don't know if I feel all that bad for Finn, I mean, he kept telling us he was a grown up so...I liked Declan for the most part. I'm not sure he read like the greatest sheriff in the world though. Overall it was sweet and I'm happy that Finn found someone to take care of him, he needs it.

The pregnant bestie storyline seemed like an addition that was squeezed in and I didn't really get the point of it but it ended up
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.25~

If you hear screaming, it's me. In attempting to remove this book from a specific shelf, I accidentally deleted it from my books completely, along with my review and all the comments.

I don't even have the energy to review again, but yeah I really liked this book.

I'm going to go back to sobbing into my pillow now. 😭
Santy
Enjoyed...expected more though

I certainly Enjoyed this like the previous books but I guess coming from the excellence that was Truman's book, I just...expected more. I couldn't place my finger on it but it was missing something.

I don't know whether it was because I didn't get to know both characters as much as I'd have loved to, or that too much focus was placed on the shoot rather than relationship development.

Also, too much was left up in the air or simply underdeveloped. Kix?Finn's mother?De
haletostilinski
⭐︎4.5 stars!⭐︎

Loved this third installment. Finn and Declan, I have to say, are my favorite couple to date in this series. They just clicked from day one and had that perfect chemistry together.

Finn was much more than what Declan had judged him to be, and Declan was caring, protective and loving toward Finn the person, not Finn the movie star, the first person to be that for Finn...maybe ever in his life.

Finn is in Aster Valley for the shooting of an action movie. He's a former child star as he
Andi
I loved the intense heat and sweet romance between Finn and Declan. This May/December romance was exactly what I needed today. Between the fast paced storyline and the sexy, feel-good romance, this book is definitely a favorite of mine this year.
☆☆☆~Bev's World of Books~☆☆☆
3.5 stars from me. Just checking quickly on here, and ALL of this series has come out in 2021 📚📚...and we've only just gotten into June!! One of the main reasons I stopped reading M/F nearly 10 years ago was the fact that some of my authors seemed to bring stories out every few weeks so, not unnaturally, it makes sense to assume that the quality goes down as the quantity goes up..

I would honestly much rather have to wait a few months for a sequel, to NOT put the author under any pressure and ge
Em Jay
Jun 04, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: meh
2.75 ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Is there something in the water or what because I keep finding myself in a book funk 😩 This story was regrettably a miss for me. The curse of book 3 strikes again (whispering key, nerds vs jocks and now this 😭). I’m bummed because Aster Valley thus far has been sexy, lots of nonsense fun. Most of my issues are probably just a me thing, so take my opinions with a grain of salt.

First off, age-gap romances are extremely hit or miss for me, so I was already hesitant going in to this. This
ML
Jun 03, 2021 rated it did not like it
I’m only 12% in and this book gives me major MF vibes. It’s the reason I pretty much only read MM books. Finn so far is VERY weak willed and a push over character...Ugh. I’m not sure I’ll make it through until the end. The side characters are slimy as hell too. Kix seems very stereotypical “lead you down the dark path” side character. Blech.

Hate reading it is then...

I can’t make it past the sad sex scene that made me fall asleep at my desk at work... meh .. cannot power through.

I want Heller
Vanna (on a semi-hiatus due to onslaught of work)
4 Stars!! ❤️ I have really been all over the place with this series, I read the 1st one, then the 4th and now the 3rd. Don't know if I'll even read the 2nd. 🤷‍♀️ This was good.. not great. The antagonists-to-lovers was far to quick and somehow I didn't find a lot of common ground between Declan, the sheriff and Finn the TV star/former child actor. Yes, the chemistry was explosive and there was a lot of hot steamy sex.. but the hot and cold treatment that Declan kept giving Finn was a little off ...more
Ana  Nimity
May 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
Each of the Aster Valley books has been different from the others, yet they all combine sweet romance with hot sex and quirky, but interesting storylines. While Lucy Lennox specializes in supporting casts that often put the “crazy” in idiosyncrasies, Aster Vallians are not as over-the-top as in some other series, and I appreciate them all the more for it. Especially considering what the fourth book in the series has in store.

In Hot as Heller, Lucy Lennox deftly layers several tropes: age gap (a
Joyfully Jay
Jun 01, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

Hot as Heller is the third full book in Lucy Lennox’s Aster Valley series and returns us to this small mountain town. The characters do tend to appear in each other’s books, and Declan was a prominent side character in Sweet as Honey, but the storyline here is the most independent of any of the books and it should stand alone fine. However, I do think this book will be richer if you are familiar with the town, the people, and some of the backstory.

These books are
Erth
Jun 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I am absolutely loving this series. This book was so easy to read. It just hooks you right from the start. I was instantly invested in both Finn and Declan and absolutely could not stop reading. I laughed and cried throughout this book, the emotions just lept off the page and really pulled you in. A really well paced book, fantastically written with loveable characters. Finn was absolutely adorabale and Declan was completely perfect for him. Definitely recommend.
Kaity B
May 30, 2022 rated it liked it
3-3.5 stars

This book.. had some good parts and some ehh parts. I felt like at times it was like I was reading two different books with how the characters were acting or some of their motives, either that or I just zoned out and then when I caught back up nothing made sense haha.

I am interested in Julian’s book so that’s why I read this one.

Overall this was middle of the road, but I’d say the good out weighed the not so good parts haha.
Denise H.
Aster Valley, CO. is home to a variety of unusual folks and this is our setting.
The Deputy is now Sheriff Declan Stone, and he gets some rowdy calls. The film crew is in town, plus we'll have the wild animal bite, the shoot out and the stolen car mystery, gosh!
Tall hunk, Declan,

dislikes Finn, (cover) because he's from Hollywood, and that's why Declan moved here, to get away from that type.
Finn is here to make a movie

that will prove he's not a child star anymore, he's an adult. Doing his own
Cathy
Feb 28, 2022 rated it it was amazing
“Sit by my side and let the world slip…”

That’s exactly how I feel when I read a Lucy Lennox book. I’m transported to the places she creates and immersed in the characters. Aster Valley is magical.

Sheriff Declan Stone had not planned on being sheriff when he came to Aster Valley. He also had not planned on meeting the man who would become the love of his life. And he most definitely did not plan on that man being an actor.

Actor Finn Heller came to Aster Valley to film a movie. He did not come the
Miriah
Jun 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Lucy Lennox is so reliable.

Finn and Declan were both wonderful characters. Finn’s vulnerability plus Declan’s solidity fit together so nicely. There was plenty of chemistry, passion, and romance. There were some fantastic sex scenes (although I wish the characters’ versatility and Finn’s possible praise kink were explored a bit more).

Like any of this author’s stories, there was never a dull moment. I enjoy the slight frazzled energy that comes along with her books and that is definit
BWT
Jul 22, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-fiction, 2021
It took a long time for me to get into this, but once I did it was mostly okay, though I will admit to some skimming throughout.

Dual POV, contemporary romance with a sexy sheriff and actor, some heat, some action, and a happy ending.

2.5 stars rounded up.
Daniela
Jun 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow this series is amazing and I totally loved this book!! Finn and Dec are so cute <3
Rin Pet
Jun 04, 2021 rated it it was ok
About 15% into this book I was seriously wondering if this really was a Lennox book. The characters and their relationship development were inauthentic and one dimensional. The plot was contrived and predictable. I’m really not sure why Finn and Declan even liked each other.... and there was a REALLY icky quote about Tess and “straight men and pregnant women” that pretty much sealed the deal on how I felt about this book as a whole. I was determined to finish and when I did, I had zero attachmen ...more
Heike
Feb 26, 2022 marked it as not-for-me-dnf
54% - this is how far I made it.
I really wanted to like Finn and Declan together, but every time I saw them together I saw this old leery sheriff and the little kid film star. Usually I don't think much about an age gap like this (Declan is 39, Finn 24), but Declan did act old, and Finn childish - it did not come together for me. Also Declan being hot and cold - I mean: gushing over the kid, but then not able to pick up the phone for a text after he already hurt the kid once! See what I am doin
AliciaJ
So disappointed in this. I had high hopes since I really liked Declan in the last book. But I just couldn’t deal with the whiny, poor me attitude of Finn. For someone who is supposed to be a seasoned actor he was remarkably naive and just a freaking pushover, which really didn’t ring true for me at all. This one was definitely a miss for me.
Nese's reads
May 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
Welcome to Aster Valley....
Where a misunderstanding at first sight is guaranteed....
Followed by a lot of heart warming events with genuinely lovely people, sigh !

Declan Grumpypants is the Sheriff of Aster Valley, he is happy, well sort of, but he is pretty lonely too. Leaving behind horrid Hollywood and everything that entailed, he is enjoying life in a small town, with the personal touches he adores. Who knew that an arrogant and sexy actor would come and sabotage his peace and calm.

Finn is s
Airy
Jun 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The thing is, if I like an author or a series, and in this case I like both, I am easy to please. So yes, I totally enjoyed this book because I've been waiting for it and because I like the setup.
Was it perfect? No. The beginning was dragging and then the end was rushed. But I forgive it easily because the characters were amazing, I loved the dynamic, I loved seeing the other couples and I had a good time reading it.
Donna
Jul 19, 2021 rated it liked it
I think I’m done trying with this series. Just not working for me.
L
Jun 02, 2021 rated it it was ok
The plot was there. The story was there but it felt a bit like walking into the middle of a conversation. The relationship between Finn and Declan went from 'I hate you, you entitled prick' to 'I can not live with out you' in about 3 pages and made no sense at all. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Off Key (Whispering Key, #3)
  • Pick Me (Sunday Brothers, #1)
  • Stripped (Four Bears Construction #6)
  • The End Zone (Atlanta Lightning, #2)
  • Hand Picked (Sunday Brothers #2)
  • More Than Enough (Pelican Bay #4)
  • Good Intentions (Intentions Duet, #2)
  • Beautifully Unexpected
  • Drilled (Four Bears Construction #7)
  • Firefly Lane (Briar County, #1)
  • The Endgame (Atlanta Lightning, #1)
  • Operation Meet Cute (Operation HEA, #1)
  • Boyfriend Goals
  • Getting Friendly (Never Just Friends, #3)
  • Line Mates & Study Dates (CU Hockey, #4)
  • Forgiven: Con (The Four, #3)
  • Luca (Gentlemen of the Emerald City, #1)
  • Radio Static
LGBT > Gay
See top shelves…
I write M/M romance with humor, heart, and heat. Check out my backlist here on GR for a selection of series and standalone or visit www.LucyLennox.com!

I only keep a small list of my very favorite books and series in my bookshelf here. I read A LOT and it's hard to keep the list updated!

Aster Valley (4 books)
  • Right as Raine (Aster Valley #1)
  • Sweet as Honey (Aster Valley, #2)
  • Thick as Thieves (Aster Valley, #4)