Jump to ratings and reviews

Heired #2

Heirly Ever After

Sometimes, you’ve got to take a fake date to your sister’s royal wedding…

After pumping the breaks on my college degree and being dumped at the last minute, I’m looking forward to skipping off to a whole new country for the week-long event. But I’ll need the perfect distraction to keep both my sister and mother from finding out about my epic disaster life. So when I meet a charming Scottish stunner on the train, whose chivalry and humor have me swooning, a quick coin toss seals the deal on my hot date.

It’s the perfect plan, until he reveals he is Lord Jacob MacWebley, odd duckling and long-lost cousin of the family my sister is about to marry into. Thanks for the full disclosure. Oh, and apparently no one wants him there because he might have a claim to the inheritance. Wedding week is going to suck, but it’s too late for other options—luckily, I’m a pro at dealing with a little family drama.

But between a gentle countryside horse ride that turns into a chase, and the baking class that ends in a food fight we forget to keep up the lies and start blurring the lines instead… against any available surface. Jacob brings me out of my shell and makes me want to break all etiquette rules, but he’s keeping secrets and if I’m not careful, I might end up royally screwed…

275 pages, ebook

Published May 10, 2021

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Magan Vernon

81 books929 followers
Magan Vernon has been living off of reader tears since she wrote her first short story in 2004. She now spends her time killing off fictional characters, pretending to plot while she really just watches Netflix, and she tries to do this all while her two young children run amok around her Texas ranch.

You can stalk or...er...find her online at all of these fun and happy places.

Amazon Author Link: http://amzn.to/1Mi23I9

FELL THE VERN (reader group): http://on.fb.me/1lVsZEo

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
6 (6%)
1 star
2 (2%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 49 reviews
Profile Image for Steph's Romance Book Talk.
2,565 reviews1,238 followers
December 15, 2021
4 Stars / 2 Steam Fans

Let's have a royal wedding, and we cannot have a wedding without all of the family being present! Madison is Natalie's sister, and Jacob is the estranged family member that wants to stack a claim on the estate for his side of the family. So what could go wrong? Well, for starters, Jacob pretends to be just some Scottish guy on the train, and Natalie needs a date for her sister's wedding; they hatch a plan to fake date, and hijinx ensue! I had a lot of fun with their journey and thought there was a bit of repetitive information, but it was overwhelming.

Video review available in Week 18: May 2 – May 8, 2021, full weekly book reviews available on Steph's Romance Book Talk Patreon.

For other bookish content, check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk.
Profile Image for Crystal.
Author 68 books423 followers
April 15, 2021
I love this book (and series)! Jacob is so noble and loyal, trying to do what’s right for his family, but also for Maddie. Maddie is his perfect match, and as awkward as I’d be after being thrown into a royal family! Such a great book, and I hope there’s more with Hugh (who is hilarious) and Cecilia!
522 reviews3 followers
April 14, 2021
OMG...this book is freaking fantastic! I couldn’t stop reading it. I’ve laughed, I’ve teared up, smiled and awwed. PERFECTION!!! I giggled when the coin was revealed. And Great-Grandpa...what a character. Nothing (for me) is better than reading a book sent in England but also has Scottish ties. I loved that he called her damsel. I loved the hair scrunchie scene. You’ll fall in love with this book.
Profile Image for Kelly.
197 reviews40 followers
May 2, 2021
Maddie travels across the pond for her sisters wedding. On the trip she meets a man from Scotland. I enjoyed the slow romance of these two and how Jacob is trying to do what is right for his family.
Profile Image for Sara Oxton.
3,264 reviews12 followers
April 14, 2021
Heirly Ever After a five-crown worthy star read. This is number two in the Heired series, you could read it as standalone, but I would advise reading them in order as the main characters from number one do feature in this one and it gives great back story. Madison, Madison, Madison, we have all been there done stupid things for a boy, and then had to face up to the realities, who wouldn’t want to have a little fun and flirtation on the train, and who wants to go stag to a wedding!! Never!! So I would whole heartedly agree I would invite the flirtation as my plus one, no matter how little I knew about the debonair stranger on the train. This is a sweet romance of epic proportions, as who hasn’t had family drama, just because this family live in a big house and now have titles, doesn’t mean they aren’t still family. I must say I did love the cameos of the pooches, they always make me smile, especially a little rascal.
Profile Image for Anima.
2,392 reviews33 followers
May 6, 2021
Something about royal families I find very intriguing, especially ones with a family squabble. In Heired Lines, Gavin and Natalie make an effort to research the family history. It appears the manor might actually belong to the down-on-their-luck Scotland MacWebley family. The Webley’s are quite successful while the cousins are selling off family heirlooms to keep going. Jacob and Madison have unknowingly partnered up for the big wedding without realizing this big storm brewing about the manor. While they have become an accidental fake relationship they become quite entangled in just a week’s time. Jacob is funny, charming, poor and the opposite of Gavin. The same could be said for Madison and Natalie, one is the artsy type while the other is businesslike. It seems they have found their matches for a reason. Plenty of humor and lots of wooing with a few snooty royal relatives thrown in for another giggle. It’s not necessary to read the books in order, but it does make a bit more sense as far as the family history goes. I received my copy from Netgalley and my review provided voluntarily.
Profile Image for Terri Zumbrook.
1,857 reviews8 followers
May 7, 2021
The Thistle and the Rose entwined represented the Scottish (MacWebley) and English (Webley) branches of the noble family that went back hundreds of years. The story was about the heirs of the estate and how the manor had changed hands through marriage four generations ago. Jacob and Madison meet traveling by train to the Webley estate for the wedding of her sister.

The couple start out pretending to be dating, each having secrets they were keeping from the family. Jacob was also keeping secrets from Madison and we learn he is a good person and the deception doesn’t sit well with him.

What’s to like about this book? The writing was intelligent without being boring. The characters were interesting and varied. The dialogue flowed easily and used Scottish and English terms and dialect. The romance was a slow burn that everyone else saw progressing except Jacob and Madison. I found the story about the inheritance to have been a great backdrop to all of the relationships.

I voluntary read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Profile Image for Natalia Bell.
337 reviews10 followers
May 4, 2021
This is a sweet, slow burn romance, with royal English and Scottish families in the middle of a fight over the family's legacy.
A book on royalty and I am half foot in, Scotland and I am all the way in.
When the Macwebley divorced, they returned to Scotland leaving half their family and the royal title, the hard economic situation forced them to sell each family possession while on the English side the fortune prospered. In the midst of this old quarrel the new Lord Webley decides to invite a representative of the Scottish side to his wedding with a commoner like an olive branch.
Serendipity, a locked suitcase and the rain causing Lord Jacob to run into the bride's sister, she needs a plus one and he a covert way to find out more about her family's lost legacy before going completely bankrupt.
The story is very cute, sweet and down to earth. Slow burn romance very fun to read.
Thanks to Netgalley and Entagled Publishing LLC for give me this beautiful book in exchange for my honest opinion
Profile Image for Melena.
2,423 reviews51 followers
May 11, 2021
A sweet romance between Madison and Jacob. She is in town for the wedding of her sister and he is there to find out if he is entitled to some of the groom's family wealth.

They meet by chance on the train and they have a pretty immediate connection, but it's hard to build a relationship when secrets are involved. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by the pacing and how events played out. I thought his identity as a relative of the groom wouldn't be revealed til late in the book, but having it happen early made for a very interesting dynamic.

Overall this is a fun, easy read with humor, fun, and just a bit of drama.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for providing an ARC for an honest review.
Profile Image for Reckless Readers.
1,707 reviews84 followers
May 15, 2021
I have mixed feelings about this novel. It's good but it's confusing at times. I felt lost middle. It was back and forth between the two characters.

Madison and Jacob have this meet cute on a train when her baggage gets stuck. They end up getting to know each other while riding the train. This is where Jacob plots his scheme to get into the manor. It starts out really strong. He changes throughout the novel. He goes from bad to good and good to bad. He makes you fall for his charm too.

It was like a fairytale at the beginning and end. They have a solid connect but the story flakes in the middle.
Profile Image for Linda Quick.
1,193 reviews18 followers
April 9, 2021
This is a fun and funny romance `that has Madison traveling to England for her sister's wedding to a Lord. Madison has made a string of mistakes - most importantly dropping out of college to follow a boy not worth her time, then getting dumped by said boy. She meets Jacob on the train, where her bad luck continues. He is on his way to the same wedding, but with very different intentions. What follows is the very predictable chaos, humor, and romance.

This book had me laughing out loud, while also feeling for the characters and feeling invested in their story. Yes, it was an entirely predictable story, however, so well told that I didn't care. I loved the characters, especially Madison, as it is so easy to identify with her falling for the wrong guy.

If you are looking for a humorous, light, read, you have found it in this book. Put this one on your TBR list,, as it's the perfect beach read. The author is on my must read authors' list.
May 15, 2021
3.5 Quack, quack Stars!

After having read Heired Lines last year, I couldn't wait to pick up another one of Ms.Vernon's books! As soon as this second Heired book was announced I instantly started looking forward to it! I got back into this world right away and I finished reading it in one sitting. I enjoyed it!

Madison and Jacob's journey had my attention right from their very memorable first meeting! I really liked how these two were brought together and how I wasn't sure what all was going to happen with them.

With Heirly Ever After, Ms.Vernon created a really good read! I am so glad that I got to visit this world again!

*I volunteered to read and review a copy of this book from IndieSage PR / the author*
Profile Image for Patty.
1,553 reviews1 follower
May 19, 2021
Heirly Ever After by Magan Vernon is a sweet royal romance, and my 1st book by this author. Madison meets Jacob on a train while traveling to her sister's wedding. Jacob is also headed to the wedding, he is the cousin of the groom. This book contains a lot of twists and turns, which kept me reading. In this book, it talks about Jacob stunning green eyes, but on the cover the man has beautiful blue eyes, oops. If you enjoy royal romances, I recommend this romance, and will be reading more of Ms. Vernon's books.
1,608 reviews3 followers
May 3, 2021
A big thank you to NetGalley and Entangled Publishing for the ARC. I am voluntarily reviewing this book. This I believe is part of a series. This is Madison and Jacob's story. Jacob is Scottish, and he bends the truth. They met on a train. 3 stars. I thought the story was a bit odd, I mean enough with the fued...but I did like the chemistry between Madison and Jacob. There were some funny parts that made me laugh. Overall a pretty easy read, but just okay. I think many romance readers will like it though.
Profile Image for Ursula-Nicole.
27 reviews1 follower
April 27, 2021
This is the second book in the Heired series and it’s as sweet as the first! If you are looking for a rom-com with light angst and a happily ever after add this to your TBR today.

Jacob is Scottish (swoon) and Madison is American. They meet in the train station as he is going to reclaim his family’s inheritance and she is headed to her sister’s wedding. The twist … they are headed to the same place and that’s where the games begin. Families, secrets, lies, and a whole lot of love.

You will fall in love with this book.
Profile Image for Jennifer Bonds.
Author 17 books433 followers
April 30, 2021
Heirly Ever After is a sweet, slow-burn romance guaranteed to make you melt! With a royal wedding, a sexy Scottish lord, and all the secrets, I couldn't put this one down. Jacob and Maddie are perfection.
Profile Image for Amanda Wilson.
23 reviews3 followers
May 10, 2021
Heirly Ever After was such a good book! I could not put it down. I’m a sucker for a book set in England. And this one had the added plus of also having a hunky, sweet, witty Scottish man in it! This love story has a few bumps in the rode but leads to such a sweet happily ever after!
Profile Image for Under the Covers Book Blog.
2,818 reviews1,365 followers
May 13, 2021

“While there were some things that I liked, in a lot of ways this one just fell flat for me.”

~ Under the Covers
Heirly Ever After finds Madison on her way to her sister’s royal wedding, fresh off a break-up and debating how to drop the bombshell that she’s dropped out of college. On the train, she meets Jacob, a handsome Scot who ends up as her fake-date to the Webley manor affair. What Jacob didn’t tell her is that he’s actually Laird Lachlan Jacob MacWebley the Third, a long-lost cousin of the groom and he was on the train headed to the same destination, but not to deliver well wishes to the happy couple; he’s trying to discover if he has a claim to the inheritance of the Webley family.

I was really excited for this one, because I’m a sucker for a royal romance novel and fake-dating is one of my favorite tropes. Then throw in a handsome Scottish hero and some family drama; it sounds like a recipe for success. While there were some things that I liked, in a lot of ways this one just fell flat for me.

We can start with the positives: I thought the chemistry between Madison and Jacob was great and I enjoyed watching them interact with each other. I found the theme of family-duty and honor and the pressures to live up to those family expectations to be relatable and something that’s pretty expected in a royal romance.

The first area I struggled with this one was really just getting settled into the story. I found the relationship between Madison’s sister and Lord Webley to be disorienting; and while they’re not the main focus of the book, since their wedding was the set-up and was so tied up in Jacob’s story line, this mattered to me. Heirly Ever After isn’t listed as a stand-alone within a series, but a little research tells me there was a book that focused on the royal couple’s love story, which I think may have been helpful prior to reading this one. I also really struggled with the deceit between Jacob and Madison; I know not being fully transparent is common in romance novels, but I find that some scenarios are harder for me to buy into than others (and which ones I’m okay with may be somewhat arbitrary). I absolutely recognize this will not be the case for everyone and may not be something that bothers you at all! I also felt that the ending seemed a bit rushed, but you know we got to that HEA, so that’s always a win in my book!

While this book wasn’t a love-match for me, it was a solid royal romance read and I would definitely give something else from Magan a try again in the future!
Profile Image for Bookreviewgirl_xo.
433 reviews32 followers
May 5, 2021
*The ARC copy of this book was provided by NetGalley in exchange of an honest review*

Madison recently broke up with her boyfriend. She was going to attend her sister's wedding with Lord Gavin. She met Jacob on her way who was also the cousin of her soon to be brother-in-law. When Madison shared her story with Jacob, he suggested to be the buffer between her and her family as he had his own motive for going there. Jacob wanted his inheritance because his family business was in jeopardy. When truth of his identity came out, everyone was welcoming yet suspicious of his motives. But Madison and Jacob's attraction for each other was something they didn't expected to have. When they finally acted on it, Madison learned about his intentions and was furious at him. Then Gavin proposed him a plan that would benefit both of their families. He soon realized his feelings towards Madison and decided to accept Gavin's proposal and do the right thing. Soon he admitted his feelings to Madison and vice versa.

My Feelings -

- Why the fuck was Madison making unnecessary scene with Jacob about her suitcase? It's so stupid.

- I knew there was something fishy with Jacob's coin flipping!😂 Cheater!

- All these family histories were giving me a headache. And I fucking hate history.

- This book contains a lot of repetition. It's annoying!

- Jacob's constant monologue about inheritance and financial problems were starting to really piss me off. I mean dude? Go get a job or something rather than depending on inheritance. And stop trying to deceive your own family. What's wrong with him?It's not their fault your family business ended up in a bad shape with lots of financial issues. Ugh! At least get to know them better. They're your family for fuck's sake.🙁

- First of all, Madison didn't have a right to command Jacob to uninvite him to his own cousin's wedding. She's not the queen of that place yet she behaved like she owned him or something. And she even threatened to call guards to throw him out. Wow!

- That's really low of Gavin to manipulate Jacob by using Madison.

- I couldn't really believe that Jacob was even considering his options about his ex-betrothal's offer. He shouldn't have hesitated to answer her firmly 'no' when she offered him a proposal. What an ideal man! Not.🙄

I didn't really like this book. The plot was all over the place. Both male and female protagonists were not likable or didn't really have any chemistry at all. A lot of things didn't make sense. Whatever! I was expecting something exciting yet only got something very bland. Gah! So disappointing!
Profile Image for Julie.
1,890 reviews24 followers
May 24, 2021
A hilarious Royal romp that is simply delightful, Magan Vernon’s Heirly Ever After sizzles and sparkles with plenty of witty repartee, red-hot chemistry, heartfelt emotion and poignant romance.

Madison cannot wait to leave her life behind and forget all about her worries and troubles back home, so her sister’s royal wedding in England couldn’t have come at a better time! Not that she will breathe a word to her sister and her mother about how disastrous her life has become. Having been recently dumped by her ex, Madison isn’t exactly keen to tell her family that her life is not exactly a bed of roses, but things might be looking up for her when she meets a drop dead gorgeous Scottish hunk on the train who makes Jamie Fraser looks shabby. It looks like Madison might have found the perfect man to take her to her sister’s wedding until he drops a bombshell that knocks her for six.

It turns out that her Scottish hunk is Lord Jacob MacWebley, a man her sister’s new family are not exactly going to be welcoming with open arms for a number of reasons – mainly that he might have a claim on the clan’s inheritance! It’s just Madison’s luck that the first decent guy she meets turns out to be public enemy number one for her sister and her new family. Yet, Madison cannot help but find herself attracted to Jacob…

As the two of them begin spending more and more time together, Madison and Jacob wonder whether they could have a future together. But with Jacob keeping secrets, does their relationship stand any chance of surviving? Or is an aristocratic wedding for him and Madison simply out of the question?

A charming romantic read that had me laughing out loud from page one, Heirly Ever After is a terrific tale that effortlessly touches the heart and tickles the funny bone. A fun escapist romantic read with a gorgeous hero, a wonderful heroine and plenty of high society mischief and hilarious hi-jinks, Magan Vernon’s Heirly Ever After is an enchanting romantic read it is impossible not to fall in love with.
366 reviews1 follower
May 11, 2021
Heirly Ever After follows Jacob, one of the Macwebley's, the now black sheep of ancestors in a once noble family tree. And Madison, the black sheep in her own family with no real idea of where she's going in life after making a bad decision regarding her ex-boyfriend.

This was a quite a light read for me, very surface level with no really deep or dark emotions/storylines, and very slow burn. As Maddie and Jacob begin to get to know each other a little more, realise they're both the 'odd ducks' in their families. I liked both of them and thought they were quite sweet, with some amusing scenes between the pair of them at times. We do get some chemistry between the pair right from the start, but don't really see anything past a couple of kisses, until 80% and even then it's only the one scene.

This did seem a little far-fatched though at times with certain elements of the storyline. Likewise, I think there were definitely a few exaggerations in terms of the differences between how the UK and Us do things (Everybody knows what a scrunchie is, just saying lol). There was also a lot of repetition, especially from Jacob's inner monologue, which could have been avoided.

Overall though, this book was not necessarily for me as I usually prefer darker, more steamier romances. However, if you like a relatively quick, light read, then this is probably more suited to you.

*ARC received in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for Connie.
1,903 reviews62 followers
May 16, 2021
Madison is from Charlotte, NC and is headed to England for the marriage of her sister, Natalie, to Lord Gavin Webley. On the train, Madison’s suitcase wheel gets caught and a man offers to help her. A handsome guy with a Scottish accent, he introduces himself as Jacob. Madison has just broken off with her loser boyfriend that her family does not like and Jacob offers to be her escort for the wedding.

When they arrive, Jacob confesses that he is Laird Lachlan Jacob MacWebley the Third, and cousin to the groom. His great grandfather had received an invitation to the wedding and requested that Jacob go in his place. While Gavin is surprised to see him, his grandmother, Elizabeth, is delighted to finally meet Jacob. There was once bad blood in the Webley/MacWebley family and he is hoping to mend fences. Madison is shocked at his confession which is news to her. Gavin’s side of the family inherited the money, while Jacob’s side did not. But, there is the wedding week ahead, and let’s see how it goes.

This book had some good things and some not so good things. The kitchen scene where Jacob decides to make some sponge cakes was downright eye-rolling. If it’s meant to be slap-stick comedy, it didn’t work out. Of course, there has to be tension between Madison and Jacob because Madison is a twit. Give me a romance with strong and intelligent characters. Enough with the silliness.

Copy provided by NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Profile Image for Shae.
732 reviews23 followers
May 12, 2021
Rating: 3. 5

Secrets, weddings, fake romances, Scottish and British lairds, American beauties! Heirly Ever After has it all.

Jacob leaves Scotland to meet his British family who have not spoken to the Scottish family for many years (generations). The Scottish family has fallen on hard times and Jacob is there to attend the wedding but ultimately to seek out what property or money rightfully belongs to his family. He needs a distraction.

Madison is on her way to her sister's wedding. Although she is happy for her sister, seeing her family means she will have to answer some tough questions. She needs a distraction.

They both meet on the way to the wedding and decide to attend as a couple! Spending time together though leads to the attraction they have for each other developing. However, they both have many secrets between them which may cause this union to explode.

I liked reading this story, I think the characters were funny and interesting. It is a slow burn romance.

Reasons I enjoyed this book:

Easy-to-read, Entertaining, Wonderful characters
1,184 reviews3 followers
May 7, 2021
Falling in love with their fake date!

Madison Reeder was ready to restart her life after dropping out of college but first she had to get to Webley, England by train to help her sister Natalie get ready for her wedding to Lord Gavin Webley. Madison meets this gorgeous Scottish guy on the train who said he would pretend to be her boyfriend for the wedding. Little did she know that he was Laird Lachlan Jacob MacWebley who just might put a wrench in the inheritance of the Webley estate.

Madison just wanted someone to play her boyfriend so her family wouldn’t ask questions but Jacob using an invitation sent to his great-grandfather so he could search for records that would help their possible claim. But when fake dating leads to romance and a little help from family.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book from NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Profile Image for Nikki.
853 reviews14 followers
May 12, 2021
Heirly Ever After by Magan Vernon
Publisher: Entangled Publishing, LLC
Genre: Romance
Publication Date: May 10, 2021

Heirly Ever After by Magan Vernon is the second book in the Heired series. I did not read the first book (but definitely will now!) and I found this was really easy to read as a standalone romance!

This was the cutest not-looking-for-love romances! I loved the characters. They were so cute! I loved how they were in such denial of everything. This was a sweet romance with a little steam, lots of flirtation, and tons of heart!

I really enjoyed reading this book! The story was great, the characters were fun and it was such a quick read! I didn't want to put it down! I definitely recommend this to romance fans (especially if you have a things for Lairds!)

I'm so grateful to Magan Vernon, Entangled Publishing, LLC, and NetGalley for providing me with a free copy of this ARC ebook in exchange for my honest review.
Profile Image for Fleur.
2,943 reviews19 followers
May 11, 2021
A chance meeting on a train due to a stuck bag changes things for Madison and Jacob (the kitty scene was hilarious) but while Madison thinks Jacob is doing her a favor as a new friend so she doesn't go it alone, his motives for going to her sisters wedding are entirely different. I loved the internal struggles they both have with not just their feelings towards each other but with the secrets Jacob holds. There is plenty going on in this book and I almost never knew what Gavin was really thinking (unless he was with the doggies lol), so get ready for plenty of feels including plenty of laughter, funny undies, secrets and lies, undeniable attraction, the potential to lose it all and new beginnings.
Profile Image for Juliana Ignácio.
986 reviews2 followers
May 13, 2021
I loved this story and being able to see the characters from the first book.
Madison and Jacob meet on the train when they arrive at Webley and end up spending the night in the same hotel room. After a few conversations, she invites him to be her date at the wedding of her sister Natalie and Lord Gavin Webley, who is Jacob's distant cousin.
As they deal with the Webley family's suspicions about Jacob and while Madison tries to postpone telling her mother and sister the truth about leaving college, they cross the line from just friends and the feelings come up strongly.
I loved reading about the Webley and the Reeder family and how they solved problems in the end.
I highly recommend the reading.
Profile Image for Donna.
676 reviews5 followers
April 20, 2021
Madison meets Jacob on the train as she is going to her sister's wedding. Jacob is heading to the same place but for different reasons and of course is keeping secrets. Madison decides he can be her fake date to the wedding as she has some secrets she hasn't told her family.
The whole book is about the feud and family drama between the MacWebley and the Webley family and getting back what is theirs.

For me this book dragged on and I just wanted it to be over. I got tired of always reading about this feud and how it was all taken from them etc. Yes there were a couple funny parts but aside from that it fell flat.

3 stars
Profile Image for Amanda.
430 reviews3 followers
May 4, 2021
This is the follow-up to Heired Lines, and this book makes more sense if you've read that one first. This story focuses on Natalie's sister, Madison, and Gavin's long-lost cousin, Jacob, as everyone gets together for Natalie and Gavin's wedding. It was nice to see some familiar characters again, and I liked Madison and Jacob and hoped they would both be able to work out the things they were struggling with. The whole book takes place over the span of a week, so while it's a quick read it also felt like the story moved a bit too fast. It was an enjoyable book, although not my favorite by this author.
Profile Image for Kari Hansen.
8,734 reviews49 followers
May 10, 2021
Madison has made some questionable choices when it comes to life and love and the last thing she wants if for them to become front page news at her sister’s wedding. A chance encounter with a sexy Scot could help her escape the week when he agrees to be her date.

Jacob has his own agenda for agreeing to attending the wedding and it isn’t just because of Madison. He plans to use this opportunity to get the information he needs but the one curveball he hadn’t counted on was Madison.

Fun and flirty I enjoyed the interactions between Madison and Jacob and the unique secondary characters added humor and heart to the story.
Displaying 1 - 30 of 49 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.