Start by marking “Esther: It's Tough Being a Woman [With 6 DVDs and Leader Guide, Member Book]” as Want to Read:
Esther: It's Tough Being a Woman [With 6 DVDs and Leader Guide, Member Book]

Esther: It's Tough Being a Woman [With 6 DVDs and Leader Guide, Member Book]

4.57  ·  Rating details ·  6,582 Ratings  ·  199 Reviews
Join Beth in an in-depth and very personal examination of this great story of threat and deliverance. She peels back the layers of history and shows how very contemporary and applicable the story of Esther is to our lives. If you've ever felt inadequate, threatened, or pushed into situations that seemed overpowering, this is the study for you. Just as it was tough being a ...more
Published November 1st 2008 by Lifeway Christian Resources

Lisa Wuertz
Jun 10, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I know a lot of Christian women really love Beth Moore and her studies. This was my first exposure to one of her studies. I was trying to keep an open mind about the whole experience, but at the same time also trying to figure out what all the hype was about.

My first impression of this study after doing week one with our small group was that Beth Moore seems to have discovered a formula that she feels works and written yet another study. The way it reads and the workbook itself feels very formu
Renee
May 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I first did this study with a church group 4 years ago. I was distracted, and didn't keep up with the assignments.
When I revisited the study a few months ago, my goal was to learn to behave like a princess, so that I could be a wife. I was going to take a dating fast, and devote myself to physical and spiritual beauty treatments; expecting a phone call from Mr. Right the moment I closed the book for the last time.
By Week 5, I realized with horror that I was no Esther! In fact, if it was not for
Joy
Mar 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Another excellent video series. My favorite part of Beth Moore Bible studies is doing the homework she writes. She does good research and has insights that are always new and applicable. I think the outstanding thing about this study was not so much how Esther 'came into the kingdom for such a time as this.' Or even Esther's willingness to die to save the Jews, "If I perish, I perish." In this study the God who is not mentioned in the Bible book is the real hero. God's timing is perfect. The who ...more
Alicia Simon
Jul 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Women
This is a bible study for every Christian woman. The book of Esther is the only book in the Bible that never has God or Jesus written in it. But that is for a reason. Have you ever felt like you are all alone and hopeless? Just like Esther she felt she had to much on her plate and was completely helpless. But even thought we cant see or touch God that doesn't mean He isn't there. Through all the little details in out lives God works through us and helps us out each step of the way. Beth Moore he ...more
Sara
Jan 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I finished the book on the very day Jews around the world celebrate Purim. I loved so much about this study. It really helped bring the story to life for me so I could see myself in it. I never thought, "If I perish, I perish" would become one of my favorite parts of Scripture, but now I can look fear in the eyes and put on the courage Christ offers. Thank you, Beth, for journeying with ME!
Sep 29, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, where do I begin with this review? I absolutely loved this study. It had moments where I wasn't sure how any of my life could ever take on "Esther-like challenges", but then I really began to understand Beth's approach. Of course I can! Esther's purpose in the bible is still quite a mystery. The only book that never mentions God a single time. The only book of the bible where it's protagonist isn't mention at the beginning or the end, but carries the title of the book. Simply incredible.

Be
Cindi
Nov 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I know this version says "leader's kit," but I couldn't find a "Bible study student" version. I am currently attending a Bible study that is using this series for the book of Esther. We meet once per week to discuss our reading and watch the weekly session recorded by Beth Moore (about an hour per session). We also have a workbook that we use to guide our readings at home. Beth Moore has an incredible knack for bringing Scripture to life and making it relevant to our everyday lives. I love watch ...more
Alana
Despite its very girlie theme, Beth Moore's study of Esther is very insightful and, as always, chock full of information and study not only of the culture surrounding Esther at the time, including the history and culture of the Persians and surrounding world, but also the various routes the Jewish people had taken by that time and what it was like to live in a world that virtually denied God. The focus of the story is watching how God works when He seems completely absent...as in a book where Hi ...more
Denise
Oct 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the best Bible Study I have ever read. Beth Moore is an amazing teacher. Her examples and sense of humor allows you to retain the info with such clarity. This was not the first time I have read the book of Esther but it is the first time I have understood exactly why it was included in the Bible and what God was saying through it. I cannot wait to read more of Beth Moore.
Heather
Jan 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the first Beth Moore bible study I have done. I really enjoyed it. IT was amazing to me that the book of Ester is so short but Beth Moore could do an 11 week study on it!!! It was very powerful as a woman and helped me to realize it IS tough being a woman. I will DEFINITELY do another Beth Moore study.
Sarah Risner Gilpin
Nov 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best studies by Beth Moore I have done. This one and Daniel. I had read Esther before and never felt or knew the historical facts before, so I didn't know how much this book meant till this study and how God chose this woman for such a purpose as this. I mean how beautiful is that. He loves us so much. Praise God!
Heila
Dec 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bible-study
After I got used to her very feminine (but tough), Southern style - and the format of the writing - I found this incredibly encouraging, educational and pleasantly challenging. And funny! Esther is a powerful book!
Nicole
Jul 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the book of Esther! I had already done one Esther study (from the Coffee Cup bible study series). Beth Moore is awesome and had so many different points and interesting views that I would recommend either study to anyone new or familiar with the book of Esther.
Apr 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beth Moore is pretty phenomenal. I enjoyed this book (and the accompanying video) on the book of Esther and reversals of destiny. Very apropos for me of late.
Carolyn
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
We did this as our Ladies Bible study at church when it first came out. I enjoyed studying Esther, reading the study questions, and watching the video each week. I like how Beth Moore studies get you in the Word every day.

Only thing that bothered me was Beth kept referring to all that she had learned and had to condense, and couldn't possibly give us everything she had learned. She gave us some idea of what the king was like based on historical accounts. I just don't like getting things watered
Nancy Boyd
Dec 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fantastic! Every woman, young and old, should read this book! So encouraging, and it really helped me feel better about certain obstacles I've faced. The only thing I didn't like was that if you order the study guide offline (like myself) and don't do it in a Bible study group, you don't have access to the video sessions that you're supposed to use to fill in the blanks at the beginning of every week. Each session is available for download on her website, but I refuse to pay $5 per do ...more
Whitney
Jan 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first time with Beth Moore and with her studies. My feelings on the Bible as the Word of God and the truth it teaches grew over the months it took to complete it with our group. I adored Moore's commentary, personality, and encouragements. My confidence grew in studying and loving the Word of God, instead of being intimidated by it, I feel confident in studying and sharing it with others. Highly recommend and I looooved the Book of Esther, what an amazing story of God's providence!!
Marja
Apr 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bible-studies
I recently finished this bible study with one of my best friends and a group of ladies from my church. It was AMAZING! I got so wrapped up in the way Beth brings to light every single detail. My husband told me I liked it so much because “It’s just a big biblical soap opera.”

“God’s name may not be written in it, but it’s written ALL OVER IT!” -BM
Nicole
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I completed this study in a Ladies Bible Study several years ago. I loved this book/study! Beth Moore brought Esther alive for me. Her teaching methods appealed to me and made sense to me. Highly recommend for other groups.
Juliz
Feb 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
LOVED IT
Katie
Aug 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Great Bible study! Definitely one of my favorites!
Jenny
Mar 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I started this with a group, but then I kind of got distracted. I picked it back up and loved it!! Love Beth Moore!
Robyn
May 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: devotionals
Actually did the video series as part of a Bible study in 2009, but this book just sat on the shelf until last month (6 years later), when I decided to read it & do the study by myself.

I know that Beth Moore puts a lot of work into these studies, & this one is no exception. As informative & uplifting as her video lessons are, sometimes I have a hard time getting past many of her personal quirks & nuances. For one thing, I feel like she's yelling at me in some segments or just pre
Bethany
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite Bible studies of hers; perhaps because of the timing in my life. It was just what I needed and when I needed it. I need to go back and redo it since it has been so long since I have done it. I was going through a lot of personal changes in my life when I did it and perhaps that is why it was so meaningful at the time to me. I remember so much of it, even after such a long time but I wish I remembered more of it than I do. Excellent study as far as I am concerned, challenging t ...more
Stacey
Jan 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bible-study
I adore Beth Moore Bible studies. I encountered them at a time in my life where I was really hungry for the Word of God, and that is exactly where Beth took me. Her own commentary inspired me, and the scripture she references got me flipping the pages in my Bible so fast that I got to navigate the Word pretty well. Now if I could just get all of the minor prophets down 26

As I grow more mature, and my needs change, I still enjoy visiting a Beth Moore Bible study. 1CEsther: It 19s Tough Being A Wo
Melanie
Dec 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Growing up the stories of Ruth and Esther were my favorites, I think largely due to the fact that the main characters were women. Doing this study I found that I knew the basic outline of the story well, but Beth Moore really did her homework and helped to really break down the history and details of the book of Esther. However, speaking of homework, I found large portions of the homework in the book to border on ridiculous. Copying passages word for word, or asking simplistic questions only to ...more
Valar
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Every woman should do this Bible study irrespective of whether you are a Christian or not. The short story of Esther that appears in the pages of history centuries ago is so unbelievably relevant and current to the struggles that we as women go through in this modern world.
Even if you plan on doing only one Bible study in your life, this should be that one. Beth Moore and her team have given us women an amazing platform to meet other women and share our wisdom and challenges with each other. Ma
Larisha
Jun 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
group is finishing up this Bible Study. It is excellent! The way Beth Moore writes her workbooks is great. She gives you so much rich historical background and also challenges you for today. If I read the book of Esther just on my own from the Beth Moore does it again!! Bible study group took our time with this study and we began in September of 2009 and wrapped up mid May.

Beth Moore gives so much rich history and weaves God's Plan together for the students so that time and again you can see ho
Katie
May 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
I finally finished this indepth study of the book of Esther by Beth Moore. Since I hadn't ever finished an entire study by Beth before, I saw just how historically and factually accurate her studies are, as well as heartfelt and relevant. I highly recommend this study about Providence and Courage.
Carmen
Jan 22, 2014 rated it liked it
I am a big Beth Moore fan and usually love her Bible studies. I was really looking forward to doing the Esther study and convinced my small group to do it with me. While I did get a lot of insight through this study, it was not my favorite Beth Moore study. She had some very complex analogies that I could have done without.
"Not a book" 10 64 Nov 01, 2013 10:25AM
  • Anointed, Transformed, Redeemed: A Study of David: Member Book
  • Ruth: Loss, Love & Legacy - Member Book
  • Twelve Extraordinary Women: How God Shaped Women of the Bible, and What He Wants to Do with You
  • What Happens When Women Say Yes to God: Experiencing Life in Extraordinary Ways
  • Lessons I Learned in the Dark
  • Really Bad Girls of the Bible: More Lessons from Less-Than-Perfect-Women
  • Faithful Abundant True Weekend Retreat and Study Guide: Three Lives Going Deeper Still
  • Be Committed (Ruth & Esther): Doing God's Will Whatever the Cost (The BE Series Commentary)
  • Intimate Issues: 21 Questions Christian Women Ask About Sex
  • Becoming a Woman of Excellence
  • God Speaks Your Love Language: How to Feel and Reflect God's Love
  • Loving God with All Your Mind
  • Having a Mary Spirit: Allowing God to Change Us from the Inside Out
Beth Moore has written many best–selling books and is a dynamic teacher and a prolific Bible–study author whose public speaking engagements take her across the United States to challenge tens of thousands. Beth is focused on teaching women all over the world and is known and respected wherever she goes. She is a dedicated wife and mother of two adult daughters and lives in Houston, Texas, where sh ...more
More about Beth Moore...

$7.99 $1.99
  • At Home in the World: Reflections on Belonging While Wandering the Globe
    $9.99 $1.99
    $11.99 $1.99
“You cannot amputate your history from your destiny, because that is redemption.” 124 likes