Start by marking “Anything for You, Ma'am: An IITian's Love Story” as Want to Read:
Anything for You, Ma'am: An IITian's Love Story

Anything for You, Ma'am: An IITian's Love Story

Tejas can’t help falling madly in love with his sister’s beautiful best friend Shreya even though she lives at the other end of the nation, in Chennai….and he would do anything for her….even jeopardize his career to travel the length of the country just to meet her.

Thus begins Tejas’s extremely eventful and humorous journey where Mr. Fate pits him, as only he c
Published April 30th 2006 by Srishti Publishers & Distributors

To ask other readers questions about Anything for You, Ma'am, please sign up.
Sucheta Depends on what you want in a book. It is a light read and has some fun parts. Go for it if you are travelling and want to pass your time.

Start your review of Anything for You, Ma'am: An IITian's Love Story
Aparna
Apr 18, 2008 rated it did not like it
Shelves: errr
Following in the footsetps of the "other" "IIT'an" book Five Point Someone, this book in one word is a DISASTER.
The kid (thats is what i can think of calling the "author", i cannot justify calling the guy much else), is a pseudo grown up, jaded, disillusioned guy with BAD grammar (IIT standards, huh!!!! GAWD), a "I will revelutionize the world" view of love (what is THAT about), and an almost DESPERATE need to cram every expolit in college life he can concieve.
The "story"line, follows Tej
D
Feb 22, 2012 added it
Its sad that there is no minus rating.
Kodali
Aug 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever gone through a book that was so good you kept hugging yourself mentally as you read?? Has any book ever stirred your soul and brought out tenderness that has been lying dormant for quite some time? Well it happened for me and i do not promise it is the case with every one.

When i was reading the book, i thought,i was definitely missing the part of life he was describing. I felt jealous of the experiences he was narrating. Although it was the author deviated a bit in the
Hitesha Deshpande
Dec 17, 2012 rated it did not like it
There are moments in life when you want to take a pause and look at where you are and everything around you. This book gave me one such moment. As a struggling author, I know how difficult it can be to get across to a publisher who sees the merit in your story. I look back at the struggle of my first book and wonder if Tushar Raheja had to go through the same?

I also wonder if there is any merit at all in the screening processes of certain publishing houses. Has the focus shifted from language a
Manikanta Avinash
Jul 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
It is NOT another novel fromanother IITian inspired by Chetan Bhagat. This dude writes way better than Chetan Bhagat. A very warm, nice love story which finally an IITian can relate to(unlike 5.some1). Obviously he is inspired a lot by Wodehouse and he folows in his footsteps well. A very funny and warm love story which doesn't look filmy like Chetan Bhagat books. Looking forward to his next...
Muddle head
Apr 06, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: indian-fiction
Not worth the time spent on it, i regret having wasted time on it. This book doesn't have anything that i expected, but thank god, it didn't have any sleazy, cheap scenes like the ones of CB. Coming back to this, its full of wit and humor, rather more than that is necessary in a novel. The author would be better off having a blog site writing funny blogs and earning revenue from the google ads on his blog. He need not have to write a book. Absolutely no literary value, you can't even teach your ...more
Sahil Aggarwal
Jun 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Refreshing...>!!!!!!

They say you can't judge a book by its cover... This one is an exception. You pick the book in the bookstore and you know very well what's coming... So please don't try and find meanings or teachings from a novel like this.

You've some stuff to manage, a meeting to prepare for, an exam to study for, do it... and when you are all done and need to relax, that's the time when you should start with this one. Its a book about love, life, and fun and at le
Monicka.k.j Jayachandran
Jun 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The most endearing,innocent,sweet love story,with which youngsters can really connect...Though its a love story its not just that...its about life especially of a recently turned youngester:)and what makes it an extraordinary novel is the fact that its insanely humorous :)
anyone who wants to have a good laugh...go for it :)When i was reading the book,i thought i was definitely missing the part of life he was describing.I felt jealous of the experiences he was narrating.Although it was the
Divya Tinnanuri
Feb 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is a good clean book with humour…love..emotions…
-Tejas and Ria Didi’s conversations…tooo good…
-His first date with Shreya…no doubt in saying this as a Ideal date for any couple in love..
-The professor’s episode…
-His every try to meet her…shows his love for her….
-Twists throughout the story…
What not…not just this and that..
Everything in this journey to Chennai to meet Shreya is amazing….
Pooja Banga
Apr 20, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I am sorry but I just didn't like it ..

My sister gave it to me some time ago and I was like chalo let's read it ..The moment I starting reading it I gave myself satisfaction that I will read it afterwards..I didn't know I won't read it for months and when I finally read it today I was feeling like what a crap this book is ..

I am sorry Tushar (the author) this book seriously sucks ...

I appreciate your effort but I just hated it ..
I don't know how it
Eti Mishra
Anything for you, Ma'am tells the story of Tejas Narula, an IITian (IIT Delhi) who falls in love with Sherya, his love. And for her sake, he with his friend's help manages to visit her home town in Chennai by skipping the mandatory Industrial tour. The book is all about the the college life in IIT, the journey of the protagonist, Tejas from Delhi to Chennai, his mental skirmishes with Mr. Fate and lastly, the Biobull, a revolutionary bus. Interestingly, all the above proved fruitless to me :( ...more
Shabana Mukhtar
This was borrowed from my roommate. I read this before I read 2 states, and therefore I liked this one better than the one by Chetan Bhagat.

I am not saying one author is better than the other. It is just that the plot didn't seem very novel.
Ashzabin Wadud
Nov 01, 2017 rated it did not like it
Read this a long time ago, don't remember most bits about it. But I do remember hating every bit of it. Please don't read it if you love yourself. Thanks.
Shreya
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it, sweet journey.
Sundeep Supertramp
This is the author's, Tushar Raheja's, first book that I am reading. I also learnt from the back of the book that he is also the author of another work of fiction titled Romi. I've never heard of that book, though. There is not much to be expected from him. Actually I picked up this book because a friend of mine asked to read it. So here I am writing the review for it... And one more thing, he is another one from those generation of IITians who turned authors.

Plot:
The whole sto
Rikky Bhartia
Mar 17, 2014 rated it did not like it
A shit of a book, Couldn't even complete reading it, read it long back, may be more than a year and even now when someone recommended this book to me, I got an anger shot, I dragged reading it to more than 70% but after then couldn't tolerate it anymore, and cursed myself for reading and wasting my time on it...

A waste, total waste, this is the one of three books I feel so out of numerous I have read. I feel bad for author writing this as he also must have worked hard but it's a fact
Ananya Ghosh
I , hereby, forgive my teenager self for giving an outrageous 5 stars to it. But honestly, it was way better than what many others were writing on the same genre. It even mentioned Milan Kundera's 'Slowness' (yeah, I was that easy to impress). I had emailed the author on Valentine's Day. He never replied. Sigh. What a drama queen I had been. It's okay, younger me, we all go through that phase.
Kritika
Dec 04, 2012 rated it it was ok
Nothing gr8 u'l find here........but if u r luking 4 something entertaining den go for it......d story has huge potential of being woven into a masala bollywood movie.....infact dis is wat d buk itself says(read at the back summary)
Himani
Jun 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
A page turner for sure!
The novel has quite a good storyline...could have been more intense, with a lesser doze of philosophizing, glorifying and contemplating about 'everything'! Some editing and the book will deserve 5 starts all throughout!
Aniket Mahajani
Mar 31, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: english
A plain narrative & an obvious story full of some unnecessary events, too detailed n lengthy plots & sober dialogues. You can see all this in any indian movie..nothing new, a typical indian love story...!
Ashwini Vaishali
Feb 21, 2015 rated it did not like it
one of the worst books I ve read...the actual plot could have been covered in 40 pages but the author extended it to 250 pages adding all cheesy and filmy content. We can just flip through that part. Not recommended for people who are expecting something on the lines of five point someone.
Ayushi
Jan 13, 2010 rated it did not like it
Quite pathetic, I anyway Hate the IIT genre of thrash writing that has flooded the markets. This crap doesn't have even campus life or wit to keep me going. To Tushar Raheja, please stick to electromagnetism because you really CAN'T write a novel.
Vikas
May 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
This one is for the memory and I liked the book very much when I read it. May be I would give this book one more read but my copy was falling away, may be I will another one. :)
kapil
Apr 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
colg life, thrill, nice storytelling, too many coincidences - looks artificial - author wanted to make a movie on it - right ! such coincidences only happen in movies. :P
Guruprasadh Sekar
Feb 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Fine jovial book. Not much interesting need patience to read
Sampada Deshpande
Jul 24, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: light-reading
This author/editor duo make Chetan Bhagat look like a hero. Reference: the death of English as we know it.
Ashish Iyer
Dec 27, 2014 rated it did not like it
Didnt like one bit of this book.
Sanchita Sarkar
Aug 11, 2013 rated it liked it
This is a light book. Can be taken up for those who read while travelling to and from work.

Below is my review on it:

Makrand
Aug 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I had read this book long back, maybe in my late Teen days and at that time I had loved this silly Romance.

It shows how one can run to far lengths to impress / love someone. As seen in the book, there are various antics the author describes like Faking a trip, Breaking his own legs, Writing letters etc which the protagonist does to meet the love of his life.

There's always that one book which you fairly loved to read in your young days and then one fine day you are like "I
Archies
Nov 29, 2017 rated it did not like it
I found it below ordinary book. Bored me ,predictable story.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
One of the best refreshing books ever. 7 81 Nov 18, 2013 09:45PM

• 2 States: The Story of My Marriage
  • Five Point Someone: What Not to Do at IIT
  • The 3 Mistakes of My Life
  • Of Course I Love You...! Till I Find Someone Better...
  • I Too Had a Love Story
  • Revolution 2020: Love, Corruption, Ambition
  • One Night at the Call Center
  • Can Love Happen Twice?
  • If It's Not Forever. It's Not Love.
  • When Only Love Remains
  • Now That You're Rich . . . Let's Fall In Love
  • Oh Shit, Not Again
  • Till The Last Breath
  • You Were My Crush!...till you said you love me!
  • She Broke Up, I Didn’t! .... I just kissed someone else!
  • Half Girlfriend
  • OOPS! 'I' fell in love! just by chance...
“leave not a speck.that may cause a wreck...” 8 likes
“I have neither the ability of a poet or the flourish of a dramatist. But I must admit I was floored” 4 likes