Start by marking “Passion (Secrets in L.A., #1)” as Want to Read:
Passion (Secrets in L.A., #1)

Passion (Secrets in L.A., #1)

There are moments in our lives that can change the course we’re on.
I believe when faced with those moments, we should take the unknown path. The risk.
The excitement, the opportunity, the love . . .

The night I stumbled into a burlesque club in downtown Los Angeles, I took one of those paths and changed my life.
I found a home I’d never had with my own parents.
I found a confi

To ask other readers questions about Passion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Passion

Start your review of Passion (Secrets in L.A., #1)
Kaitie
Jul 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow, wow, wow!!! This was an epic start to what is going to be an epic series!!! Hollis and Adam….. I’m not sure what to say about them. Pretty sure Adam is one of my new book boyfriends. And Hollis, a book best friend. I don’t want to give anything away so I won’t say much but wow! Pick this book up and devour it!! It’ll make you want to devour it!! I love all of Ms. McAdams books that I’ve read. But Taking Chances has always been “that book”. I don’t know if I can say that anymore. Passion is ...more
Amanda Herrin
Jul 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
PASSION, that word alone describes this book to a T!!! Hollis Donahue is trying to escape her past…not the past you are thinking of…she’s the daughter of a politician and the exact description of a “Mommy Dearest”!!! She is not what her parents want her to be…she’s sooo much more. She’s trying to live the life SHE wants to live, not her parent's idea of who she should be. She doesn’t want the politicians daughter spotlight, but a different kind…dancing! A one night fling from her past finds his ...more
Jeanine Levy
Jul 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Passion is the first book in a brand new series by Molly McAdams,  Secrets in L.A. This series is about a  group of girls sharing a house in n LA. Each is a Stand alone.
In Passion, we meet Hollis , a burlesque dancer with a past very few know about.  She doesn't want to be known for who her family is. She met a guy in new York years ago, and had a night with him that was "nothing should feel like this " that she still thinks about.
Adam still remembers and thinks about the night in new York wi
Sarah Cook
Jul 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Holy moly!! HOLY FREAKING MOLY!!!!!!!!

This book is unlike anything else Molly has written. I promise when I tell you that you will be swept into this story and made to keep steadily reading until you are done, that I really truly mean it. My goodness. I was blown away.

From the very start, I was pulled into this incredible story. There were twists & turns, hilarious antics from all the characters, and steamy steamy steamy parts..all of which felt so real that I honestly thought I knew these peo
LaTonya
Jul 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
💕 About: Hollis is a burlesque dancer with a past she doesn’t share with many, she wants to make a name for herself not who her family name is. She met a guy years ago in New York that she still thinks about. Adam still remembers the night in New York with an unforgettable girl he see’s her again years later. Could this be their second chance? The only thing is he has secrets that could hurt Hollis.

💕What I liked: I loved the women supporting women. They have each other’s back no questions asked.
Kaitlynn Taylor
Jul 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Wow just wow!! I don't even know where to start with this one other then to say this book is so darn good! Molly has done it again, she's managed to completely hook me in right from the start, connecting with the characters on such a deep level and truly falling in love with the very swoon worthy Adam.

Molly's writing is what started my addiction to reading and with each new release I become more in awe of her writing. Just like every book before this one I ended up reading it in one sitting as
Northwest_booknerd
Jul 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A completely new and fresh series idea! I've read the secret past before and don't get me wrong I've loved them but they aren't new. This book however is a totally different take on that. Hollis is a girl with a past, living to make someone else's dreams happen, Adam is a guy with secrets and he doesn't let anyone in, but when they fall into each other's path not once but twice they know they can't fight the pull to each other's secrets. Only problem is no one knows the truth not even them. Adam ...more
Michell Hall casper
Jul 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
For me, this book started really slow, which is shocking because I am usually hooked by the first couple of pages when it comes to McAdam's books. About halfway through is when things started to pick up and get a little more interesting. Then at 70%, I couldn't put it down all h*ll broke loose.

This book will have you second-guessing everything, except for the love between Adam and Hollis. It was a powerful thing throughout the entire book. I also loved the other characters in the book, especial
*P
Jul 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I have been a fan of McAdams' books/writing for years. This book was just as good as the others but different too. The characters were all likable. Even though the story revolves around Hollis, I don't feel like I really know her that well. Despite this, I love her interactions with Adam. Their story is a good one and I love the way everything works out in the end. It looks like the next book will be about the new girl that shows up in the last few pages of this story. While it will likely be a ...more
Michelle Duncan
Jul 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
Passion is such a unique story with a very unique MMC. I loved Hollis and Adam together. They had a very passionate yet twisted background that had me confused initially but then hooked and couldn’t put the book down.

Adam and Hollis went through the ringer and the angst they endured was intense! I felt all the feels for them, frustration, annoyance and then utter joy. These two deserved that HEA after the crazy experiences they had to suffer.

I loved the plot, side characters were hilarious and
Stevie
Jul 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
I. AM. HERE. FOR. THIS. SERIES

First book in a brand new series by Molly McAdams, and it is exactly her style of "expect the unexpected".
A story full of twists, suspense, and as the title states: PASSION.
Molly weaves an intricate tale of paths that had me swiping at my kindle faster than I could keep up with, needing to know every detail of what was to come. Her style of storytelling coaxed me into the lives of not only our main characters, but left me eager to learn about the entire ensemble.
Ca
Livelyreads
Jun 27, 2021 rated it really liked it
This book is about a girl named Hollis who lives with three other girls and has left behind her life for her passion and freedom. The book starts with her meeting the hero who is also her old flame and from there starts thier beautiful journey of love, passion, emotions and second chances ♥️
Loved loved reading this amazing romance full of suspense and drama but with a side of hilarity when Hollis's roommates are around.❤️❤️
Shannon
Jul 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2021-reads
At this point, I will read whatever Molly McAdams write. I’ve enjoyed all of the books that she has released so far. This sounded like a really cool and different series.

I will not say that this has been my favorite book, but I enjoyed it. I don’t know if it’s because I was going back and forth from listening to reading it, or if I just was not in the right mood.

This storyline reminded me of the movie Burlesque and this really intrigued me. The twists with how Adam was non-verbal threw me off.
Angie
Jul 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AMAZING

At first I was frustrated because the suspense of knowing if Adam is a good guy or bad almost had me not wanting to finish the book! But as always Miss Molly would drop another clue to who he was when I was ready to quit reading BUT I promise you it is definitely worth pushing through! I can't wait for the rest of the series. As always Molly leaves us wanting more!!!!!!
Lumieretoile
Jul 31, 2021 rated it liked it
I’ve read a lot of Molly’s books in the past and this one was okay, but just not one of my favorites. At first I was a little bit confused with the male and the female and how they had met up previously. It felt slow and boring to me, but I was able to finish it. I love that molly isn’t afraid to talk about deeper and darker issues in her books and this definitely included them, but it just wasn’t one of my favorites.
Kelly
Iz Martinez
Jul 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Passions is full of wholesome fun and love. This book not only made me emotional but laugh out loud several times. This book reminded me of experiences with certain members of my family. My friends are my family so this book is perfect. Molly McAdams definitely hit a home run with this one!!!! Can’t wait to see what happens in the next installment!
Ashley Lambert
Jul 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Passion ( secrets in L.A.) book 1 was amazing! Such a great one to start out a new series by molly McAdams, this is the story of hollis and Adam, i was hooked from page 1, the title says is all, the secrets in this story had me hanging on! molly has once again knocked this story out of the park, 5 star read from me! Go get your copy and find out what everyone is talking about.
Theresa
I love Molly McAdams books but this one was very slow going. It took me 5 days to get 23 chapters read. Today (day 6), I committed to finishing it so I could move on. It did pick up but I had already lost interest. Of course, this is just my opinion so please read it and come to your own conclusion.
Jan
Aug 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. Such Passion. Love reading this starter book of a new series. Amazing read couldn’t wait to read it and not one disappointing moment. This is one of those that keeps you turning the page even when it’s late and you are really tired you think one more page then 2 then on and on. Now I can’t wait for the next book.
Wendy
Jul 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How does Molly do it every time? There is not a single one of her books that does not leave me speechless. Passion had it all- angst, steam, drama, and great characters. Definitely a new favorite and I’m definitely ready to sell my soul for the next one.
Vivian Brennan
Jul 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Story

I have to say initially I found the start really confusing and kept wondering if I’d missed anything. However stick with it as it’s an unusual narrative and all becomes clear later

1 click now you will not be disappointed
Julissa
Jul 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
Another great Molly McAdams book. My favorite parts of this book were with Stevie and Adam, those those scenes were hilarious. The element of suspense was also great. It had me guessing so much as to what was possibly happening. I’m looking forward to the rest of the series.
Karen Gunderson
Aug 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally a book worth the pages for.

I've been in a book slump. It seemed like I was reading the same plot with different characters. Until this. Very unexpected. Very captivating. Very good.
Juli Duarte
Jul 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing As Usual

Molly knocked it out of the park again in True Molly Style! Loved it and can't wait for the next one!
Debra
Jul 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, cool, hot-damn
Secrets, hot scary guys, and twists! Great book!!!
Jesicca
Jul 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
That ending 😍
Anna
Aug 02, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love Adam

I really love Adam. This is a love story with some mysteries and danger on the way. But it will all work out in the end.
Kelly Barlow
Jul 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliantly written as always, I don't bother reading the blurb when it comes to Molly's books I just know I'm going to enjoy it.
I loved how different this was, an exciting start to a new series.
Passion is a great title as this has it all.
Stephanie
Jul 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
If I had to pick one word to describe this book, it would be intriguing. From the start I was drawn into Adam and Hollis's story and just needed to know who they were and what was Adam doing and why?! Molly is great at writing those stories that make you not want to do anything but keep reading. A great story to kick off her Secrets in L.A. Series. Be sure to grab it!! ...more

• You Loved Me Once
  • Forbidden (Ward Sisters #4)
  • The Spark
  • The Brazen (Calamity Montana, #3)
  • On a Wednesday (One Week, #2)
  • Pause (Larsen Bros, #2)
  • Fool for You (Southern Bride, #7)
  • Could Have Been Us (Willow Creek Valley #2)
  • Crushing on Him (Men of Summer #0.5)
  • Fortunate Son (The Forever Marked, #1)
  • The Sophomore (College Years, #2)
  • From the Embers
  • The Hate of Loving You (Falling, #3)
  • The Sin of Kissing You (Falling #2)
  • Caspian (Carolina Reapers #8)
  • The Butterfly Effect (Boggy Creek Valley, #1)
  • The Rookie (Looking to Score #3)
  • 608 Alpha Avenue (A Cherry Falls Romance #23)
Molly grew up in California but now lives in the oh-so-amazing state of Texas with her husband, daughter, and fur babies. When she's not diving into the world of her characters, some of her hobbies include hiking, snowboarding, traveling, and long walks on the beach … which roughly translates to being a homebody with her hubby and dishing out movie quotes. She has a weakness for crude-humored movi ...more

News & Interviews