Start by marking “Lifescripts” as Want to Read:
Lifescripts

Lifescripts

3.67  ·  Rating details ·  141 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
s/t: What to Say to Get What You Want in Life's Toughest Situations
Lifescripts has been completely revised and updated, taking a self-help focus and adding more than 50 scripts that help you prepare for difficult conversations both inside and outside the office. Each of the 109 Lifescripts gives you a plan that leads to the desired result regardless of the obstacles thrown
Published March 9th 2004 by Wiley (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Lifescripts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lifescripts

Renee
Dec 18, 2012 rated it liked it
I borrowed this book from my boyfriend's (at the time) dad. I wanted to look up how to have a discussion with my boss on a salary increase. I returned the book, but then borrowed it again about six months later. At that time, I noticed the section on 'breaking up with your partner' was dog-eared. When my boyfriend broke up with me a month or so later - he used the exact lines in the book! I guess I wasn't the only one that thought it had some useful tips...
Dione Sage
Lifescripts by Stephen M. Pollan & Mark Levine is book for filled with suggestions and conversation diagrams. The subjects of conversations range from job hunting to asking your spouse to lose weight. Seriously some of these scripts were good and some left me thinking “I would never say that”. There were a few suggestions that were overly abrasive to my more passive nature but I can also see how this book can help to overcome some of the tougher issues one may face in the office. I have even ...more
Cindy
Sep 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Great reference book! I use it when I need to figure out what to say in a difficult work situations for myself or giving advice to others, such as, how to respond to a salary offer that is too low, how to ask your boss for a raise, or how to tell a client your fees are increasing. It comes with handy little flowcharts to show the different conversation possibilities as well. The dialogue is lame but you get the general idea.
Heather
Jan 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-loved
This is a great book for those people who always think of what they want to say after the conversation is over. I like to visualize a conversation before hand and this book is great for being able to anticipate the other side.
Julia
Feb 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
I use this book as a reference whenever I'm dealing with an employee issue at work (looks like I need to get the Lifescripts for Managers version instead). Not all situations exist in the book but the ones that do are helpful. I just finished reading the entire subordinates section again today.
Mckinley
May 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ref book. Flow charts for various situations to respond to - interesting approach. Lays out the likely outcomes which could help in deciding whether to confront in the fist place.
Sherry
Feb 25, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: leadership
Very helpful, when you just don't know how to say what needs to be said. It portrays many different life situations and what could be said in a positive yet authoritative way.
Della Scott
Feb 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Bill Martin
Mar 05, 2014
Rebecca Walden
Mar 18, 2016
Gary M. Freedman
rated it did not like it
May 22, 2016
Dec 31, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • 1001 Ways to Energize Employees
  • The Taste of Sweet: Our Complicated Love Affair with Our Favorite Treats
  • The Atlas of Languages: The Origin and Development of Languages Throughout the World
  • "Excuse Me, But I Was Next...": How to Handle the Top 100 Manners Dilemmas
  • The Art of Civilized Conversation: A Guide to Expressing Yourself with Style and Grace
  • The Nordstrom Way: The Inside Story of America's #1 Customer Service Company
  • They Have a Word for It: A Lighthearted Lexicon of Untranslatable Words & Phrases
  • Advertising and Promotion: An Integrated Marketing Communications Perspective
  • Comfortably Numb: How Psychiatry Is Medicating a Nation
  • Investments
  • Lend Me Your Ears: Great Speeches in History
  • That's Not What I Meant!
  • Why Do Men Fall Asleep After Sex? More Questions You'd Only Ask a Doctor After Your Third Whiskey Sour
  • unSpun: Finding Facts in a World of Disinformation
  • Your Call Is (Not That) Important to Us: Customer Service and What It Reveals About Our World and Our Lives
  • 300 Questions to Ask Your Parents Before It's Too Late
  • The Best of Bombeck
  • Rethinking Information Work: A Career Guide for Librarians and Other Information Professionals

Nonfiction Deals

• Tinseltown: Murder, Morphine, and Madness at the Dawn of Hollywood
    $10.74 $2.99
    $5.99 $1.99
    $8.24 $1.99
  • How to Travel with a Salmon & Other Essays (A Harvest Book)
    $14.99 $1.99