Start by marking “The Wonder of You (Pacific Vista Ranch Book #5)” as Want to Read:
The Wonder of You (Pacific Vista Ranch Book #5)

The Wonder of You (Pacific Vista Ranch Book #5)

One lifelong friendship. One snowy night. And one kiss that changes everything.

Renowned photographer Grant Michaels travels the world covering the international sports scene, but after a bitter divorce he returns home to Pacific Vista Ranch. Tired of life on the road, he wants stability and a fresh start.

Archivist librarian Olivia Hanlon spent the last decade stuck in her
Published April 21st 2021 by Self

To ask other readers questions about The Wonder of You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wonder of You

Start your review of The Wonder of You (Pacific Vista Ranch Book #5)
Laura Baird
Apr 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, engaging, steamy, and fun. Love Claire's writing. ...more
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
A fast paced, steamy romance that had two friends taking a leap that could make or break not just their relationship but their friendship as well!

I loved how fast paced the story was. You got to see the friend side of our hero and heroine but then you feel when things start to change! It was explosive between these two when they finally caved to the chemistry! After their weekend together decisions needed to be made and both had to decide was the risk of more worth it?

It was amazing seeing a f
Katie O'Sullivan
Apr 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Claire Marti has done it again! This fifth story in her Pacific Vista series is the whole package, a friends to lovers romance that will have you rooting for the main characters right from the very first page. I've read all of her romances so far, and they only keep getting better. Strong writing, engaging characters, beautifully detailed scenery and story lines to make you swoon. Marti is truly an author to watch.

Olivia and Grant have been best friends since elementary school. Along with their
Charlotte O'Shay
Don't lie. You know you've always dreamed of being snowed in at a gorgeous ski chalet with a sexy companion on New Year's weekend. Well now you can be.
I loved returning to the Pacifica Vista world with the extended McNeill/Michaels clan!

The Wonder of You is Olivia and Grant's story. They've been best friends since middle school but have a long distance friendship these days. Grant is a globe-trotting sports photographer who has recently returned to the San Diego area for a fresh start after a bi
Starra Andrews
Apr 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever wished you could hang out with the characters you read on the printed page? Well, that’s exactly how I feel about Olivia and Grant’s journey in The Wonder of You. Claire Marti has written this fun and warm tale in such a way that I felt I was with the main characters and all the rest of the Pacific Vista Ranch family. This is book five in the series.

I so enjoyed the fact that Grant and Olivia started out as close friends since childhood. Many times, we read a boy meets girl story,
Donna Simonetta
Apr 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I love a friends-to-lovers romance, and the Wonder of You is an excellent one! I've read all the books in Claire Marti's Pacific Vista Ranch series, and each time I've thought, "This one is my favorite in the series!" And The Wonder of You is no exception. It is now my favorite...with a smart, sassy librarian as the female main character I was automatically a fan. (Full disclosure: I have my MLS and worked in a school library for seventeen years, so I'm always a sucker for a librarian heroine.) ...more
Liana
Claire Marti was already on my auto buy list, but if she wasn't, The Wonder of You would have absolutely cemented her place there. In this friends to lovers romance, Grant and Olivia have been friends since they were schoolchildren, and have supported each other through Olivia's mother's injury and Grant's bitter divorce. When they reconnect at a snowboarding event and are snowed in together (it's as delicious as it sounds!), these two friends find it impossible to ignore the attraction and heat ...more
Joanna Kelly
Apr 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I'm a huge fan of the Pacific Vista Ranch series and was excited for this latest book. I loved the characters. Toby, the charismatic athlete, Olivia, the not-so-nerdy librarian, and Grant, the recovering divorcé, What a great trio of friends to set up this vivid trip to the mountains. As an avid skier myself, I could really picture this idyllic setting. The author's descriptions really nailed the environment. She makes it so easy to picture. Oh, and the hot tub scene! Steamy!!!!! This is one I'l ...more
Megan Randall
Apr 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Oliva has been best friends with dreamy Grant since they were kids. One night, they succumb to their mutual attraction. But now Olivia finds herself in a giant quandary. She said yes to a fantastic job that will take her to Greece. And Grant finally wants to settle down. As The Clash said so many years ago “Should I stay or should I go?” That’s the rub. As with Ms. Marti’s other books in this series, this story gives you heat, friendship, laughter, and love. What else could you possibly ask for?
Isha Coleman
Apr 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
There's no place like Pacific Vista Ranch. Marti gives the heart a reason to feel with every trip she takes readers on. Here I am five books later and I have yet to get enough of this series. With a touch of humor, an abundance of heart and an optimistic point of view, The Wonder of You becomes a captivating story of friendship, new hope and everlasting love. It's not the romances that draws me, but the people that experience them. ...more
Jodi James
I love this friends to lovers story of Livvie and Grant in the Pacific Vista Ranch. A steamy kiss between two friends changes everything. Will Livvie lose her chance at a dream job in Greece or will she take a chance at love?
This is my fifth book I've read in this series and the author draws you in with her words on the first page. I anxiously await her next book.
Thank you for giving me my escape. Watch out world Claire Marti is in the house!
Dawn
May 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
What to do when long time friends get snowed in. Become long lasting loves. Grant and Olivias story is so sweet and sexy. Life is short and they find their true love together.
Karie Gibson
May 06, 2021 rated it really liked it
I was so glad to get more of this family. Grant and Olivia were best friends for life. After twenty years and a weekend getaway they realized their relationship was so much more. This is a best friends to lovers romance and it’s one of my favorite tropes.
N.N. Light
Best friends Grant and Olivia are back together again for a snowy adventure but one kiss changes everything. Olivia Hanlan cherishes her friendship with childhood chum Grant more than anything else in her life. She’d be lost without him. Grant’s returned home after a bitter divorce and has a hollow look in his eyes. This weekend in the mountains is just what he needs to get that sparkle back, or so Olivia surmises. It is New Year’s Eve, after all, but an innocent kiss leads them down a path they ...more
Sharon
Jun 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I have to say that friends to lovers in probably my favorite theme. This authors does a fantastic job with friends Grant and Olivia. They have been best friends since childhood and have been a supportive and constant in each other’s lives through the good and the bad.
When they share a moment they fear what that can do to jeopardize their connection. Yet it’s an unforgettable moment and this story , setting and characters make for a fantastic read. This can be read as a stand alone but each story
Wendy
May 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Grant, Olivia and Toby have been best friends since childhood. When Grant moves back home post divorce he is trying to find his new normal and a weekend away at a snowboarding competition might be just what he needs. After the New Year's Eve party Toby goes home with Erin and leaves Grant and Livvie snowed in for 24 hours alone. Their is an attraction neither can explain. What happens when they have to return to the real world?

This is my first Claire Marti read and really enjoyed it. Loved the m
Linda Rea
May 12, 2021 rated it really liked it
Olivia, Grant and Toby make up the three musketeers who haven’t seen each other for a while but they finally get together and Grant can’t keep his eyes off Olivia. Well the feelings aren’t one sided but they have to be careful because they don’t want to exclude Toby but when they go away for the new year an opportunity to be alone presents itself and even though they agreed to only one night things have changed and they aren’t sure what to about it. My heart was breaking for them both and it’s h ...more
Neisha Exeter
Jun 05, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is my first book by this author but it definitely will not be my last. This book was well written and easy to follow. I enjoyed reading this book and the main characters are wonderful. Who does not love a good friends to lovers book. This author definitely hit the nail on the head with this book. Great book and definitely recommended.
LS Kralicek
May 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
Sweet love story of Grant and Olivia. Friends to lovers romance and reading the evolution of their relationship will make you keep reading.
Mrs K Bartholomew
Jun 03, 2021 rated it really liked it
Fast paced and interesting friend a to lovers. The characters are engaging and the story keeps you interested from page one.
Claire Marti
Apr 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Tabitha Wade
Sandy Edwards
Apr 28, 2021
Tessa
May 08, 2021

• If Only for Today (Deerbourne Inn)
  • A Song For Another Day
  • Second First Impressions
  • A Reckless Heart
  • Opposites Ignite (Bangers Tavern Romance 2)
Claire Marti is an award winning and USA Today Bestselling author of swoonworthy Contemporary Romance novels set in Southern California, including the Pacific Vista Ranch series and the Finding Forever in Laguna series. She lives in San Diego with her husband, silly dog, and two clever cats.

Claire started writing stories as soon as she was old enough to pick up pencil and paper. After graduating