Start by marking “Between Decisions (The City Between, #8)” as Want to Read:
Between Decisions (The City Between, #8)

Between Decisions

(The City Between #8)

Life is complicated.

I mean, life has always been complicated, but there’s a difference between monsters-are-trying-to-kill-you complications and monsters-are-in-love-with-you complications. I’m still not sure which is more dangerous.

G’day. I’m Pet. Two-thirds of a pet, anyway: the vampire isn’t claiming ownership these days, but he’s definitely encroaching. On the list of
Kindle Edition
Published May 16th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Between Decisions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Between Decisions

Start your review of Between Decisions (The City Between, #8)
W.R. Gingell
Mar 22, 2021 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
book 8 is coming at you! i'm starting to feel nostalgic now that we're so near to the end of the series, and i haven't even finished it yet...

in this book we have: a skittish pet, a half-human fae lord who is becoming increasingly worried, a love-sick vampire who is WARM, and a slightly-past-middle-aged fae who is apparently beginning to appreciate the fragility of life.

enjoy! you only have to wait until may 16th!
Intisar Khanani
May 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This seemed like a good, solid 4 star book--a low key almost-murder mystery to solve, lots of figuring things out about the wider arc--and then the last, I dunno, quarter of the book hit (it was an hour on my e-reader), and I AM SCREAMING. PEOPLE. THE REVEALS. THE HEARTBREAK. THE TWISTS. THE TWISTS UPON TWISTS. THE OASDUXNA:LSXHWOCIJWD

*deep breath*

I mean, some part of me knew there was a traitor somewhere but ASDILUA:LIJQCWO:IQUEWQ:WKJ.

Just go read the book, and then we can commiserate. *wanders
Suzannah
May 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, rating-pg-13
I don't know what to say, except that this book broke my heart in the best possible way and I'm still recovering.

For seven books the CITY BETWEEN series has made big - well-nigh impossible - promises. In Book 8, those promises come due...and Gingell fulfils all of them and then some. The whole book builds gloriously before hitting you with a final quarter that left me making audible sounds of distress. The tension, the revelations, the dread ratchets up and up and UP. I loved every minute of it
Tricia Mingerink
HELP. I HAVE EXPERIENCED EMOTIONAL TRAUMA FROM A BOOK. I AM NOT OKAY.

Seriously. It has been a week since I read this book, and I'm still reeling and not ready to write this review. I am going to try to be vague in this review, but I might still give away something considered a spoiler, so you have been warned.

After waiting 7 books for answers, this 8th book in the series hits the reader with them hard and breathtaking and painful. Even though I suspected a few of the answers, I was still not r
R.J.
May 16, 2021 added it
This whole series deserves a long, fangirly, Kermitflaily review but I can’t brain right now, so just let me say that this book RUINED me in the best/worst way and I can’t wait to find out what happens next!
Christina Baehr
May 17, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I’ll admit, I did not think Gingell was going to weave back in all those loose ends from the first 7 books but I was Wrong. Urban fantasy is not usually my bag, but I do love these characters and the quirky/cute/creepy Hobart setting. I am now Very Pumped for the epic conclusion of this 10 book series.
Andrea
May 17, 2021 rated it really liked it
4.5

Ahhhh I was not prepared!!!

description

I know I said in my review of the last book that I needed to know the answers to my burning questions about some major plot points...but oh man, I feel like I'm eating my words. So good, but you ain't gotta crush my heart like this!

description

RTC later when I gather my thoughts.
Lemon
May 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
Ah, yes...time to start screaming. Loudly.

To be fair, everything was built up accordingly, from the relationships and friendships and the breakage of the reader's emotions... I guessed most of the plot elements, and those that I didn't guess did that thing where you're like "I knew it!" without actually having known it just because it's both shocking but built up well.

I can't get into any more detail without spoilers, so that's how vague I'll leave it. As the ending arc is coming to a close, thi
Rebekah Isert
Hayden
May 16, 2021 added it
Shelves: indies, fantasy
...this book killed me.
Tiszka
May 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Oh goodness, I need so much emotional comfort after this one.
Roxcell
My heart is too broken

These books just get better and better. The writing, the plot, the characters are out of this world amazing. But this one has me crying so be prepared!!!!
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews

WHY DO THAT TO ME THOUGH!!!!!

Evil author!
Rebekah Gyger
May 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
Unfortunately, due to a wedding I had to attend, I wasn't able to snatch this book up as soon as it released. I had to wait until the day after, and then read it straight through the 11hr car ride back home.

There were a number of things that I already saw coming, and a few things that I now have some very strong suspicions on. No spoilers here, but I was so sad when I reached the end and realized that its time to start waiting again for book 9. I'm already pumped and ready.
Vintagebooklvr
May 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
4 1/2 stars. The Troika and Pet are at it again. They are keeping Hobart safe from the latest Between/Behind kind trying to prey on humans. This time it seems to be sirens that are the culprits. It is an interesting development to see the human team against the Fae working well with the Troika. There is still some distrust but they are working on it. Other reoccurring characters make a short appearance as well, which I loved.

The real emotional punch comes when Pet finally remembers everything fr
Donald Davis
Read it! Read it!

Wow, what a ride! So, there's so much that happens in this book, I don't even know how to unpack it all. W. R. Gingell incited such a range of emotions from "awww precious, that's adorable" to "hahaha this is delightfully awkward" to " ohhhhh poor Pet, lemme just give you a hug" to "NO NO NO NO NO NO NO PLEASE NOOO!" to "I'm so sad I just can't even..." So yeah, it's a pretty great book. Lots of answers that we want, but also sorta don't. I feel like this book is a bit more bloo
Gordon
May 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, ku
Throughout this series, Athelas the Fae steward has been telling our protagonist ("Pet") things like "Don't be so trusting" and "Don't become attached to anyone or anything, it's a weakness". Pet makes a point of not doing what he says, and so do we, because she has a big heart and we're inside it for the ride. (First person POV is sneaky that way...) It turns out this was really advice to readers. After a lot of light romantic angst (or subversive anti-romantic angst?), this book takes a dark a ...more
Janeen Ippolito
May 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Another solid entry in the City Between series--and because we're getting close to the finale, some major stuff is going down that's very satisfying.

Also, the core mystery of this one is clever, and Jinyeong's way of dealing with it is FANTASTIC. I can't even.

Looking forward to the next book!
Suz
May 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
Well that was a not entirely unexpected and yet still heart-wrenching addition to the story.

It's nice to see Pet taking her power back, too, even though it hurts so much.

This is such an excellent urban fantasy series. It's just so good.
Brandy
May 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Well....shit. I was not expecting that. I should have been prepared because the unexpected ALWAYS happens. Instead I was completely blindsided and left whispering, "shit, shit, shit, shit." I'm a total nervous wreck now. It's going to take some time before I can pull all my thoughts together on this one. ...more
Olive ✨
May 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Lovers of fantasy, romance, mystery, plots twists, magic, and the supernatural!.
GAHHHH SO GOOOOOOD

Anyone who knows me will know that I absolutely LOVE this series, and I consider it to be my favorite. This book did not disappoint.
The characters are- like always- spectacular. The characterization in this book is phenomenal. Pet and JinYeong especially have such great personalities. They're funny, sarcastic, and can be loving and loyal. Moreover, Pet has problems just like anyone else! (and she handles them in creative ways!) JinYeong has human-like problems (even though h
Che
Jun 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!!! My heart!!!

RTC

Sabrina
May 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Flamin' heck! Just when I thought this series couldn't get any better... I loved this book so much! That cliffie though 😫

We get to see how everything woven through the first seven books comes to a head here in a devastating manner as the tension really starts ratcheting up.
Caitlin
May 16, 2021 rated it really liked it
We finally got some answers in this one, and my gosh it was heartbreaking for Pet. The tensions and reveals are majorly wrapping up in preparation for the final two books in the series and I wish we didn’t have to wait to find out how the series will end.
Christa
“Dear heavens!” Athelas said, sipping his tea. “You appear to have been listening, after all. How inconvenient of you.”

This book. Well. I can’t say I didn’t see it coming.

But I didn’t see it coming.
Betsy
May 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, indy, ya, contemporary, own
!!!!!!

YIKES
JUST WOW
Lynn
May 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Evil author is evil. We need the next book asap!
Winter
Akkkkk!

It can't be over! How am I supposed to wait for the next book!? *sighs dramatically *
I have no words! It is simply AMAZING and you must read it IMMEDIATELY!
-That is all.
Tess
May 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Books that release on Sundays will be the death of me.
But anyway, this book will be the death of anyone who reads it because it’s just that well-done.
Here’s a warning: This book is dark. Oh sure, maybe it doesn’t look like it at first. After all, it’s just sirens and a flirting vampire and everyone else carrying on as usual. But this is the first book in this series that made me uneasy. Uneasy as in, stomach flipping, heart pounding, a whole lot of disbelief and horror with a side of comprehensi
Afifah Liyana
May 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Originally, I didn't want to read this. I wanted to wait until the last two books came out and read the whole series in one go. I mean, there are supposed to be only two books left, how long can the wait be right? But seeing the book just sitting there, idling away, my self-control fled. I started the first few sentences just to satisfy that craving and I found the name JinYeong. Lo and behold, before I knew what was happening, I'm halfway through. Might as well just go through with it, then. It ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
See top shelves…
W.R. Gingell is a Tasmanian author of urban fantasy, fairy-tale retellings, and madcap science fiction who doesn’t seem to be able to write a book without a body suddenly turning up. She solemnly swears that all such bodies are strictly fictional in nature.

W.R. spends her time reading, drinking a truly ridiculous amount of tea, and slouching in front of the fire to write. Like Peter Pan, she never

The City Between (8 books)
  • Between Jobs (The City Between, #1)
  • Between Shifts (The City Between, #2)
  • Between Floors (The City Between, #3)
  • Between Frames (The City Between, #4)
  • Between Homes (The City Between, #5)
  • Between Walls (The City Between #6)
  • Between Cases (The City Between, #7)