Start by marking “Winning Streak: Tales and Trivia of the 40 Most Popular Board Games” as Want to Read:
Winning Streak: Tales and Trivia of the 40 Most Popular Board Games

Winning Streak: Tales and Trivia of the 40 Most Popular Board Games

Did you ever wonder:

♞ What makes Clue the best movie based on a game franchise?
♝ What does the doubling cube in backgammon do?
♜ How trains are even supposed to operate in Ticket to Ride: Antarctica?
♛ How the designer of the board game Pandemic feels now that he's lived through an actual global pandemic?
♚ Whatever happened to the Monopoly game show from the 90s?

Based on Ran
Published by Popcorn Roulette

To ask other readers questions about Winning Streak, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winning Streak

Start your review of Winning Streak: Tales and Trivia of the 40 Most Popular Board Games
Bookread2day
Apr 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
My review on my website www.bookread2day.wordpress.com

I curtsy to author John-Michael Gariepy, he has done a splendid book bringing delightful memories of board games with some I used to play, and with lots of new ones I haven’t come across before.

Everyone loves some kind of board game. Our house plays a lot of board games and quizzes. We have a cupboard full of all sorts of board games.

This page-turning book Winning Streak is the most fun book I have ever read. I don’t think there is any other
Heena Rathore P.
Apr 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
Winning Streak: Tales and Trivia of the 40 Most Popular Board Games by John-Michael Gariepy is a fun, informative and entertaining read about the most iconic and loved games in the history of games!

This book was deliciously entertaining and I enjoyed reading every scrap of information this book had to offer. I loved the writing style of the author because it made the book a quick and easy affair and the straightforwardness only made it all the more engaging.

I would definitely recommend this book
Anthony
Apr 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The Review

This is one of the more unique and fascinating non-fiction reads you will find out in the world right now. So many of us take for granted the power that a really good board game can have on us. The feelings of nostalgia or the power of diversion they can cause in our lives as we escape into made-up realms like Candy Land or the fun yet the cutthroat world of real estate in Monopoly, all-cause us to turn to board games at one point or another in our lives.

What really stood out to me was
Michelle (Chelle's Book Ramblings)
This is an unusual book, At least For me. But guys It's hella entertaining... There's so much information about tried and true, beloved or hated, staples or new, board games within The Pages of this book that It will blow your mind.

I've always loved board games (Clue and Monopoly being among My favorites) yep, I was that obnoxious friend Who always wanted to play Monopoly, you guess it and funny enough this book will make you reflect on that. Why do we do that with board games... But what I did
Brenda
Apr 26, 2021 rated it it was ok
I will be completely honest and say that I did not read this whole book. The author spent a good portion of the introduction and throughout many of the entries about the games talking about Ranker's poll about board games and how he disagrees with the rankings (I feel he could have just found a different list to use or create his own for as much time as he spent talking about how terrible the list is). The write-ups about the board games either talk about the Ranker list (and how it is wrong) or ...more
Pam
May 10, 2021 rated it liked it
I received an electronic ARC from BooksGoSocial through NetGalley.
Gariepy presents a variety of information about these board games listed by Ranker as the top 40 most popular. Many of the write ups are interesting and offer insight on the games. However, some of the chapters jump beyond the book's premise (ex. Clue talks far more about the movie than the game itself). It was a swift read but disjointed in some chapters. I appreciated the author's inserted comments bringing the book to the prese
Anie
May 22, 2021 rated it liked it
I love board games, of almost any kind and I adore trivia, so I very excited to dive into the book. While I mostly enjoyed it, the most prevalent thought was, that it could be a lot better. Winning Streak talks about games that were top 40 on listed by Ranker at one point. Games are described, with little trivia sprinkled in between. The premise, the idea, it's all great, but the narrative was interrupted too often for me, especially with edits.

Love the idea, not so much the final result.

receive
John-Michael Gariepy
Apr 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Ansate Jones

• The Last Shadow Knight
  • Church of the Assassin
  • Fix the World
  • The Path to Sunshine Cove
  • An Inkling, A Backpack, and All the Time in the World....  Traveling on a Whim
  • Reflections of an Anxious African American Dad
  • CROSS THAT BRIDGE: The Effective Guide to Achieving Your Goals and Living a Purposeful Life
  • Springtime at Hope Hall
  • Victorian Songlight: The Birthings of Magic & Mystery
  • The Broken Heart of Arelium (War of the Twelve #1)
  • Confined Desires (Rehoboth Pact, #1)
  • Lord of London Town (Adley Firm #1)
  • My Sleepless Nights