Start by marking “Dirty Deal (Slayers Hockey #5)” as Want to Read:
Dirty Deal (Slayers Hockey #5)

Dirty Deal

(Slayers Hockey #5)

Fatherhood blindsided me.

There I am, working to get a rise out of my cranky little rule-following, fun-wrecking, soon-to-be ex-neighbor when my one-night stand from last season shows up… in labor.

Next thing, I’m a single-dad begging for a crash course in caring for this tiny miracle from the neighbor who loves to hate me.

Turns out, Nora raised half her siblings.

She knows t
Kindle Edition
Published November 19th 2021

To ask other readers questions about Dirty Deal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dirty Deal

Start your review of Dirty Deal (Slayers Hockey #5)
Leticia (jerseygirl)
Nov 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
"And when he pushes inside me, groaning my name, I have it. Everything that matters."
I'm going to be very honest here. This was the first time that I didn't feel an instant connection to the characters, or the story, in a Mira Lyn Kelly book. I was bummed, and I was sad about it.
But then... Axel happened. And Axel was absolutely incredible, and he stole my heart. I had tears in my eyes last night when I finished this book.

"Every time Axel walks in after a practice, a game, or a road trip my hear
Rozberry🍓
{Slayers Hockey series}
Dirty Secret - 3.5 stars
Dirty Hookup - 3.25 stars
Dirty Rebound - 4 stars
Dirty Talker - 3.75 stars
>Dirty Deal - 3.5 stars
Dirty Groom - tbr/2022

True enough none of the Slayers books are very long. However DD I believe is the shortest (or very very close) & well, it reads like it, like more akin to a novella. That’s not to imply DD was bad. It was definitely sweet & flirty with good chemistry between Axel & Nora along with Axel’s immediate devotion to his son lands spot
Mira Lyn Kelly
Oct 26, 2021 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
So excited! Axel, Nora & baby Otto are off to the proofers!

description

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3t1GoP6
Apple: https://smarturl.it/DD_AB
Nook: https://smarturl.it/DD_NK
Kobo: https://smarturl.it/DD_KB
Google Play: https://smarturl.it/DD_GP
Lori R.
Nov 16, 2021 rated it it was amazing
My heart is so full! Mira never fails to bring out the feels in her stories. This one had them, so many of them, on pretty much every page. Non-stop smiles either from the humor or the love or the adorable things Axel and Nora said and did. Gosh they were so cute together!!

Not only was there enough steam to send tingles to every part of my body, but there was also tons of heart that made me melt into a puddle of emotions.

Who knew Axel was such a sexy AF hunk with a huge heart!?! I was very int
Claire Annovazzi
Nov 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I’ve read a few single dad/nanny romances lately, and this book combined what I enjoyed the most in them in one single sexy and cute romance.

Surprise dad who doesn’t understand what he’s doing but wants to give his child the best? Check. Non professional nanny who treats the kid as her own? Check. Incredible attraction between the nanny and the dad? Check. The sexiest and swooniest abandon to their desire? Check. Add to that a couple of funny moments–because taking care of an infant brings its s
Claire
Nov 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - "Hot for nanny..." Stars!

Mira-Lyn Kelly delivers again in stellar style with Dirty Deal another cracking read in the Slayers Hockey series.

"Everything can change in a blink…"

Single baby-daddy anyone??? YES PLEASE! I yell, add in hockey hotness and the fact the heroine is affectionately known as fun-wrecker, and you have a match made in heaven (again, because all of the couples in this series are stellar).

There are reasons this is a bad idea… but in this minute, I can’t think of a single
Lasairiona McMaster
Oct 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Mira never ceases to bring the feels in her Slayers books, but this one... man, this one made me me tear up a couple of times. Axel and Nora, you beautiful people, you. I binged this book in 2 days. It was fun, easy to read, and I loved the characters. I love books that grab me on the first page and don't let go.

I don't want to spoil it, but when it came close to time for Nora to [redacted for spoilers] my heart was wedged in my throat cause I thought Axel was going to convince her not to and i
Aimee
Nov 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Honestly, Axel came out of absolute nowhere for me, knocked me flat on my rear and gave me no other choice than to love him.

Yes, I enjoyed his shenanigans in past books, but you're never sure if Mira is going to pull these guys from the sidelines and give us a worthy story or not *gives extremely large side eye to Boomer*.

This story could have had so many obstacles to Nora and Axel finally realizing they were meant to be, but thank you Mira for not making me into a crying mess and allowing the
Zoe
Nov 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I got to read an early copy of this book, and it's delicious!!! ...more
Black Ink Riot
Nov 26, 2021 rated it it was ok
I don’t understand why this book was only 190 pages and yet so much of the story was left out. It would have been SO much better if Kelly had taken the time to write out their entire story rather than just drop the reader in mid-plot, and then try and backtrack to explain what happened between these two in a few sentences later in the book.

The first few pages had me so confused - did I forget how the last book ended? Did I miss a novella in between these two books? But nope, this book starts wit
Tanja OMGReads
Nov 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Swoon with a capital S that what this story was. This slow burn had me pulling my hair out and biting my nails so damn bad. Both Axel and Nora were great individuals but together they make a perfect team.

They both had strong feelings but decided to not act on them until it came to a breaking point when they just couldn't ignore them anymore. I loved the insta-family aspect and that at the end of the day they both were trying to make sure the other is happy. My love for Axel grew with everything
Jessica Alcazar
Oct 21, 2021 is currently reading it
Shelves: kelly-mira-lyn
Dirty Deal, an all-new hockey romance from USA TODAY bestselling author Mira Lyn Kelly is releasing November 19, 2021!

Reserve your copy today!

Google Play: https://smarturl.it/DD_GP

#instadaddy #nannyromance #enemiestolovers #offlimits #slayershockey

Crystal
Nov 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Axel and Nora connected when she first moved into his building…and then she was less than impressed with him. He does his best to annoy her because he loves getting a reaction out of her. When he finds out he’s a father, she becomes his nanny and so much more. This is a wonderful story, and I loved it!
Nancy Kehl
Nov 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Ohhhhh Emmmm Geeeee....loved this book so hard!!! What a LOL, life has a way, emotional, steamy, heart wringer highway to love when they finally get out of their own way. ❤🔥❤🔥❤
Amanda
4.5 stars. This one checked all the boxes I needed right now in a book....swoony, feel-good, quick and easy to read, sports romance. It was nice to be back in the Slayers hockey world.
Amy
Nov 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
“Our eyes meet and it’s right there. Everything she never lets me see. Everything I want.”

I devoured Dirty Deal in one sitting. It was THAT good! I absolutely adored Axel and Nora and baby Otto.

When Axel and Nora first meet, they had an instant connection until Axel’s manwhore ways turned Nora off. Now he lives to irritate her, but when he unexpectedly finds out that he’s a father, he offers Nora a position as his nanny. Will the connection they share re-ignite?

“I don’t want to let her go. B
World Of Books 65
A knockout of a hockey romance, one that o0zies swoon with a couple of tears and huge smiles along the way. Dirty Deal will hold you captive is a huge hit and one not to be missed!

Let's start with star book boyfriend of the week Alex, he is everything you could want, single dad of a newborn, Otto, fun-loving but not a horndog and I just swooned over him, of cause his neighbour Nora would not agree especially with the nickname he had given her and his team now used of Fun Wrecker all
Ruthie Taylor
Nov 20, 2021 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the fifth book in the series, and I highly recommend you read them in order as the couples reappear in later books, and add to the story in each installment.

Axel has always hosted all the parties ... much to the annoyance of his super sexy, but uninterested neighbour, Nora. Then a complete surprise discovery that he is now a single Dad, and he needs Nora for his son more than anything he may desire for himself.
Heather Nobbs
Nov 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I seriously did not want to put this book down once I started reading it was that fantastic. I loved Nora and Axel from the moment Nora was complaining about Axel being a horrible neighbor. And Axel was smitten with Nora from the moment she moved in. When Axel is surprised with his new son and no idea what to do he asks Nora for help and she agrees to be his nanny but only temporarily. Nora has a plan for her life even if she isn’t sure what that is, she just knows that she wants to be able to c ...more
Mary
Nov 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Oh man, I loved this story.

Axel, a fun loving, party hard or go home kind of man who believes hockey is the best thing since sliced bread, has a thing for the cute neighbor next door. A little flirting here and there and a spark was lit. Too bad it was doused by one of his former hook-ups coming back into his life and giving Nora, the neighbor, an all to real picture of what his life was like.

Axel's world is turned upsi
Nov 02, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I was so excited to get my hands on Axel's story!  His "be the bunny" line is still one of my favourites and still makes me laugh every time I think about it!

Axel and Nora are neighbours, Nora would probably class Axel as a neighbour from hell! Axel's deliveries are constantly arriving at Nora's and she  has enough boxes to deal with, with her having to pack up the apartment. After she confronts him again, he promisies to come over and help her.....but never shows! Two days later Nora finds out
Jodi
Nov 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
AXEL.
AHHHH. AXEL!
I think he mayyyyy be up there against Vaughn for my favourite Slayer. It was a close one with Wade but I think Axel may have overtaken Wade.
I ADORED AXEL.
I could go on and on and on about how great Axel is, but you need to meet Axel to understand why I love him so much. His entire interaction with his son just made me fall so head over heels in love with him I would have happily read an entire book just about the two of them.
Nora... eh. She was great but I felt she contradi
Jen
Nov 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Note: An ARC was provided by the author.

This book gave me all the squishy, happy feels. I adored everything about it! I loved the back story these main characters had as neighbors and how they got to where they were are the beginning of the book and then how everything changed and evolved once they were all sharing the same space. I think that Nora and Axel going from flirty to feisty neighbors was a good thing because it took him embracing fatherhood and her being his greatest pillar of support
Hollyanne
Oct 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Dirty Deal is the fifth book in the Slayers Hockey series. This book is told from dual points of view by Axel and Nora.

Axel and Nora are neighbors who don't get along. Nora wants nothing to do with Axel and his packages that keep getting delivered to her address. When she confronts him to come to get them because she's moving he promises to come. However, when he doesn't show up she gets mad and goes over there a few days later, finding out he found out he got a woman pregnant and is now a sing
Nov 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
Axel has charm for days…..throw in a new born son and he will have female fans falling at his feet…..except for his fun wrecker neighbour Nora. She doesn’t do players and if they are to have any kind of friendship at all then there need to be some rules!

I really liked this pair….poor Axel is in a complete spin after his surprise of fatherhood….Nora is his saving grace as she takes control and helps him out.

With boundaries and an expiration date their friendship and nanny arrangement seems to be
Sarah Lehman
Nov 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing
OMG I was so excited for Axel's story especially after his advice to Wade "Be the Bunny" & it did not disappoint. I absolutely loved Axel and his reactions to being a father suddenly and to his neighbor Nora who was a kill joy when his teammates would be over. Nora was annoyed by Axel & all of the boxes delivered to her apt instead of to his plus the loud noises coming from his apt often. Little did they know they needed each other-he needed a nanny for his son & Nora needed to move out of her a ...more
Christina
Nov 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is part of a series and although knowing about the other players in the book helps you appreciate them more, you don’t need to have read prior books to enjoy.

I liked both the mains and loved how they were developed through the story. You can see who they really were by the actions they took and how they let others treat them. Definitely sweet and sexy throughout the book.

Received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Anna
All the feels!

This series is going from strength to strength with great relatable characters and the ladies are no doormats!

Axel and Nora's story was lovely. They're both great people and deal with what's thrown their way in realistic ways.

The side characters are great, and the romance is steamy and sweet!

Can't wait for the next one!

I received an advanced reader copy from the author and am voluntarily leaving an honest review.
Chelsie
Nov 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I am a big hoe for Mira Lyn Kelly's Slayers Hockey series. So needless to say, when I opened my inbox last week and saw an ARC for her newest installment, ✨body: levitated✨

Axel and Nora's story is a slow burn, enemies to lovers, insta-daddy, dream come true. Mira is the queen of writing hockey alpha males with hearts of gold and Axel is no different. His story kicks off with a one-night stand showing up at his door in labor. After his son, Otto, is born, his mom takes off, leaving Axel to be a s
Jessi
Nov 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This book is enemies-to-lovers, instant dad, swoony perfection! I sat down to start this book, and didn't stop till I finished it.

Axel does anything he can to get a reaction from his neighbor, Nora, including having his packages shipped to her apartment instead of his own. After finding out, rather abruptly, that he's a single father, Axel asks if Nora will consider being his live in nanny. She ends up agreeing because she's currently in between jobs and doesn't want to go back home. If she end
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Pompous Player
  • Rebel Yule (Rookie Rebels, #5.5)
  • Riggs (Arizona Vengeance #11)
  • Only One Regret (Only One, #5)
  • Faking It with #41 (Hockey Hotties, #3)
  • Hard Fall (St. Louis Mavericks #1)
  • Breaking the Rules (Hot Jocks, #8)
  • My Sister's Flirty Friend (The Greene Family, #4)
  • Blame it on the Eggnog (Seattle Sockeyes / Romancing the Rink / Garland Grove)
  • Knight Before Christmas (Romancing the Rink #4; Lauderdale Knights #0)
  • The Trouble with #9 (Hockey Hotties, #2)
  • All the Sauce (IceCats, #4)
  • A Gold Christmas (Gold Hockey #13.5)
  • Ignite (Cloverleigh Farms, #6)
  • Wild Love (Campus Nights #4)
  • Puck Shy (Carolina Comets, #1)
  • The Trailblazer (Boston Hawks Hockey #7)
  • Checking Holly Twice (Cliffside Bay / Garland Grove / Romancing the Rink Book 2)
For Mira's latest book news, sign up for her newsletter at http://www.miralynkelly.com/newsletter

Hard core romantic, stress baker, and housekeeper non-extraordinaire, Mira Lyn Kelly is the USA TODAY bestselling author of more than a dozen sizzly love stories with over a million readers worldwide. Growing up in the Chicago area, she earned her degree in Fine Arts from Loyola University and met the

Slayers Hockey (6 books)
  • Dirty Secret (Slayers Hockey, #1)
  • Dirty Hookup (Slayers Hockey, #2)
  • Dirty Rebound (Slayers Hockey, #3)
  • Dirty Talker (Slayers Hockey, #4)
  • Dirty Groom (Slayers Hockey #6)

News & Interviews