Start by marking “The Fall of a God (The Boys of Clermont Bay, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Fall of a God (The Boys of Clermont Bay, #2)

The Fall of a God

(The Boys of Clermont Bay #2)

Innocent. Blameless. Pure. Heartbroken. Josie Vos belonged to the one family I hated more than anything.

And I had forced her to despise me just as much.

It didn’t matter that I had lost track of my plan and fallen for my enemy.

Irrevocably hurt and enraged by my deceit, she had no intentions of doing anything but watching me lose my throne.

The secrets of our families can
Paperback
Published June 10th 2021

To ask other readers questions about The Fall of a God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fall of a God

Start your review of The Fall of a God (The Boys of Clermont Bay, #2)
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
2e0pm6g 90ca45e7e7c6ddfa7f3d6d91a5f154bd-1-3-3

After the way things ended in the first book I was literally on my knees anxiously awaiting for the conclusion of Josie and Beck's story!! As soon as this landed on my kindle. Game over, Life turned off, and I dived in, god this book threw so many intense, stabby, angsty moments at me, my nerves were wrung dry.

I didn't know how or what Beck would or even could do to make it up to Josie, the betrayal cut to the quick and I knew that these two had a rocky road to travel to get to that HEA
May 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
***AVAILABLE NOW***

5 STARS

This was enemies to lovers perfection!! The groveling was epic, the outcome of the conflict was perfect, and...

Holly Renee really said I’m going to make you love Beck more than before. And the steam. My GODDDD. The. Steam. Is it normal to be jealous of a fictional heroine?

I need more from this world ASAP!

Beta
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jun 04, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ratula
AHHHH!! I have been DYING for the conclusion to Josie and Beck's story since that crazy shocking ending in book one. I was so invested in their story and have become obsessed with how Holly Renee would repair all the open wounds as a result of Beck's actions. After reading I can honestly say this book was an amazing conclusion to this duet.  Beck and Josie more than delivered and then some!

This story was sexy and addicting and so consuming. I could not stop reading as I was glued to every word.
V.💜GreedyThirstForForbidden🖤

⭐️4.5 fallen stars ⭐️

he would fall, and they would realize that he had never been untouchable

The cliffy at the end of book one left me wanting to know how the story would progress. The beginning of book two takes up where the action was interrupted. So Josie is picking up her broken pieces, after Beck betrayed her trust there is no going back. Her father, who was never a supportive caring parent to begin with, is intent on making her life hell, he threatens her so that she will bend to his will.
Ria  | Abstract ♥ Books

Angst Rating : 6/10

Heat Rating : 6/10

Triggers Involved : Past trauma

Plot Summary :
Beck has always been entranced by Josie. That is until the moment he knew that she was the one person he had to destroy to gain his revenge. And that is what he did. He knew she never deserved it but now it was too late because the o
✨ Lucy ✨
Jun 05, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“She had the power to destroy me if she wanted.She held all the power, and I was completely at her mercy.”

WOW! If I thought the first book of this series was phenomenal , this second one blow my mind in the best possible way.

Now it’s all about forgiveness ,letting each other in , and so many hot moments 🔥.

“He thought he was a God, untouchable , indestructible, but I was going to prove him wrong “

Josie is a strong woman , trying to show the rest of the city that she didn’t care. That she wasn’t a
Keri Loves Books
An intensely passionate, YA, second chance romance that will have you feeling all of the emotions. Josie and Beck love hard but getting them there will be challenging. Their relationship is forbidden and both families have their secrets. Getting their HEA will be an uphill battle. Good thing Beck loves a challenge.

Book two picks up right where book one left us hanging. Beck was consumed by his revenge and he let it lead him down a path of his own destruction. Now that he’s lost everything, he re
Sentranced Jem
Jun 11, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-2021
The perfect conclusion…
The Fall of a God was a a page turner… it was angsty, and so hot! I loved the scenes where the hero had to grovel to gain back the heroine’s trust. And that locker room scene…woah!!!!!

Josie and Beck’s story was really addictive and It was worth dropping my current read to read their story.
Katie | Katieskindleaddictions
Review – The Fall of a God (The Boys of Clermont Bay #2) by Holly Renee

What an emotionally intense and addictive story…and I loved every minute of it! This is what I look for in a romance book. No question this is Holly’s best book to date! I was held captive throughout this entire story and never wanted it to end. The intensity in this novel is extraordinary and can’t be matched. The chemistry between Beck and Josie is pure FIRE. Holly has perfected the art of push and pull and steamy sexual
Amy
May 31, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don’t know about you guys, but ever since finishing The Touch of a Villain, I have been dying to find out what would happen next for Josie and Beck. And let me tell you, I was not disappointed! Author Holly Renee delivered one heck of a ride that left me devouring The Fall of a God….

The Fall of a God picks up right where The Touch of a Villain left off. Josie is left to deal with the aftermath of the events of the last book. She’s hurt, confused, and can’t stop wanting the one guy she should s
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
Dear lord! We get some awesome character development in this book!!!
I had my doubts about Beck but I loved him in this book. Josie and Beck are back and they bring us angst and emotion! They both do some growing up, they both mature throughout the book and we get some schorching hot chemistry.
I loved this book, it was such a ride and I cannot wait to read more from this author.
More.Books.Forever
BECK will always and forever be BAE!! The conclusion to Josie and Beck’s story was everything that I had hoped it would be and honestly so so much more. Lets just say I WASN’T PREPARED!!! Holly’s way of writing her characters brings such life to them and the story she tells is out of this world. Everything they go through, everything they feel you will feel as the reader. You are immersed into their world and you cant help but fall in love. Holly gives you everything the angst, the feels, the em ...more
Jenifer Briggs
Jun 04, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After the end of the last book, I honestly didn't think I would forgive Beck. I know he wasn't the one who sent out the video, but he was the one that started this entire ordeal in breaking Josie, all because of who she was related to. He never once thought she would be different, someone that would make him want to be different as well, and by the time he realized that it was just to little to late.. so this boy definitely had a shit ton of making up to do, and not just with Josie. (I hold a gr ...more
whatsbookingoodlookin_
Oh my goodness!
What a roller coaster of events.
This book definitely had me on wedge..
But Beck and Josie were made for each other, I love their chemistry and their banters makes them love each other more!

So... now Carson’s story!!!
The Romantic Rush Blog
Deliciously angsty, full of teenage angst and complicated emotional tension, and with ample sweet and swoon- this is an epic finale! Beck is my favorite all time Holly book boyfriend- by far the most compelling and captivating hero she's written, and I'm not ready to let him go, but she gives him the perfect story. Beck owns me, and I am so addicted to the world and characters of this duet- this is Holly’s best work to date.

Also Holly's hottest book yet. SERIOUSLY. We have so much amazing chem
PP's Bookshelf
Jun 07, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book is called "The Fall of a God" but I think Holly Renee wrote about rise of a book boyfriend here. Welcome to young love angst, drama, heartbreak, swoon and oh so good steamy moments. This book is for those romance readers who need their bad boy heroes to have a good heart, dirty ways and the ability to grovel when needed. This book is for those romance readers who love the sweet heroine to bite and burn.

This books is the second book of Beck and Josie and must be read in order. The big qu
booksandbubbs
Jun 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

"He was going to fall at my hands, he would plummet from this position the others at this schoolo had afforded him, and I was going to take back every ounce of my heart he stole for me."

Ahhh this book was everything I needed in the follow up to the first book in the Boys of Clermont Bay series. Luckily, we picked up right after the cliffhanger from that ending, and continue on our journey with Beck and Josie dealing with the fall out from Beck's actions. And oh how I loved Josie in this
Laura Horne
Jun 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh wow.. the second book in the Boys of Clermont Bay was even better than the first! I absolutely adored every single page of it! It kicks straight off where the first one finished and gets straight back in to the drama.

I loved the evolution and development of the characters and their relationship. Josie and Beck both grew so much during this book and it was so lovely to read.

God, Beck! He was just so swoon worthy but also brooding and had a dark edge to him. I loved how he softened as the stor
Aundi Living That Book Life
5 Stars

I LOVE BECK!! There I said it. I thought that I loved him before but Holly took that love to the next level, and dare I say I might be a little obsessed with him. This book took Beck and Josie on a journey that I was not prepared for. These two are so much more than you could ever have anticipated, and I could not put them down.

Ever since A Touch of A Villain I have been eagerly waiting for their conclusion, and Holly did not disappoint. It’s rare to find an author that not only crea
Rumi
Jun 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Fall of a God was the perfect conclusion to Beck and Josie’s story. It was angsty and hot and sexy. And the grovel. Holy shit, the grovel. Seeing a hero weak for the heroine, especially when he knows he was in the wrong and is adamant to get her back is. My. Weakness. So it’s safe to say I devoured this book.

I lived for the grovel, the push and pull between these two characters, and I can’t wait to get more from this world Holly has created. Because the secondary characters were just as enti
Ash Chases Romance
5 ‘my meltdown is fixed’ stars. Wow!! After power reading thru book #1.. I instantly needed and craved book #2. The way things were left off, had me DEAD! Here we are now after not being able to put it down; I’m head over heels in LOVEEEE. Holly Renee did an outstanding job with this story. I love Beck. I love Josie. It was just surreal. This is why I love this genre so much! The feelings you get before and after? PRICELESS!! It’s a must read for 2021..hands down.
Karin
Jun 10, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Josie and Beck’s story was a tug a war of emotions that I loved, these two couldn’t deny what was happening no matter what. I totally adored Beck but Josie omg I loved her!! She’s strong, resilient and doesn’t take anything lying down, she is a fighter through and through!!
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***4 "Never again!" stars***

"The last time I kissed him, I thought that I was falling for him.
This time I knew that I would never allow myself to fall for him again."

The truth is that I was anticipating this book after how things ended on the first part...
I liked where the story led us and I liked how Beck tried to right his wrongdoings to Josie...
In here, both of them had matured and it was showing...
And of course, Mrs. Renee made me crave some other potential couples and their stories
Karen Mc
Jun 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
“But you’re so beautiful. It’s a shame you’re so damn cruel.”

Wow! Wow! WOW! Holly Renee’s books keep blowing me away! I was a goner for The Fall a God, an achingly addictive, deliciously devious, heart-hitting masterpiece with all the Romeo and Juliet meets Cruel Intentions vibes. All-consuming. I was hit like a hurricane, with emotionally-raging words that engulfed me straight in the feels and a powerful pull that’s unstoppable. A love story that was both my storm and sun, I basked in its rage
heareads (Debbie)
Jun 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Holly Renee was a new author to me with the first part of this story and I am so happy that this read was my first from her and it quickly became one of my most anticipated reads!

The minute this landed on my kindle I dived right in. Her words, the story, the tension, gawd, I was in love with it all.

Beck is my new book boyfriend. After the ending of book one he knew he had some major grovelling to do, although he admits he doesn’t deserve another chance, there is nothing he won’t do to make Jos
Angie S H aka Feelin A Little Bookish
The Fall of a God concludes Josie and Beck’s story and it sucked me right in from the get go.

I kept thinking about Beck and Josie after that book one cliffhanger. I waited patiently for their second book and it was worth it. Josie makes it her mission to forget about Beck after the way he hurt her. It was unforgivable even if he did explain that he didn’t post the damaging video.

Josie’s stepbrother Lucas also makes it clear that she shouldn’t be around Beck as daddy dearest wouldn’t be happy. Jo
Kellie Vann
Jun 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: june-tbr
After reading The Touch of a Villain, The Fall of a God was bumped up to one of my most anticipated reads of the year. I NEEDED answers from that cliffhanger, and The Fall of a God gave me all that and more.

The story picks up basically right where The Touch of a Villain left off, and it's nothing short of explosive. In the first couple of chapters we get so many different emotions from both Josie and Beck, and I personally felt like all of them were justified. Josie was so hurt and betrayed by
Shelly
The conclusion to Josie and Beck's story.

Full of redundant monologues is what this book was. "The Fall of a God" picks up after Beck's betrayal, who is now on a mission to win back Josie. There's absolutely no action or plot in this book so it will feel slow.

Instead, it reads like a diary. Beck continuously berates himself for being such an idiot and tries to apologize to Josie for his DUMB revenge plan. There is NO "grand" groveling or gesture from him. Beck was pitiful and pathetic.

Th
Jasmine
Jun 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 ✨
After The Touch of a Villain I had no idea what to expect when I started this book. Holly Renee left us hanging and anxious for more. The tension in this book yall, phew, it was 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐢𝐢𝐜𝐤! That push and pull between Beck and Josie was sinfully 𝕙𝕒𝕨𝕥 and delectable and oh my that angst.
So after the last book my guy Beck had some serious groveling to do and oh did Josie make him work for it. If he wanted his woman, he had to open himself up 100% because Josie was accepting 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 less. I 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒𝒹
Kerri’s Reading Corner
Now LIVE and FREE in KU
Amazon US: https://amzn.to/3v6quCs
Universal: https://books2read.com/thefallofagod

4.5 Stars!!!

The Fall of a God is the conclusion to Josie and Beck's story. I've been dying for this book since Holly Renee left us with that jaw dropping cliffhanger in The Touch of a Villain.

Holly Renee brought her A-game with this duet, crafting lovable characters and an all consuming plot that takes you on an emotionally turbulent ride. After Beck destroyed Josie, he realized he messed up
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Join my newsletter and sign up for the latest news and updates: www.authorhollyrenee.com/subscribe

Join my exclusive reader group: www.facebook.com/groups/HollyRenee/

Amazon Top 100 bestselling author of contemporary romance, Holly Renee brings readers a pinch of angst, an indulgence of heat, and the perfect amount of heart in every book.

Born and raised in East Tennesse, she is a married mom of tw

The Boys of Clermont Bay (2 books)
  • The Touch of a Villain (The Boys of Clermont Bay, #1)