Start by marking “A Moment Too Late” as Want to Read:
A Moment Too Late

A Moment Too Late

Falling in love can happen in the blink of an eye.

I fell for Jay the moment I laid eyes on him. Was drawn to him in a way I’d never been drawn to a man before. He was everything I wanted. The man I dreamed about at night and looked for everywhere I turned just for a glimpse of his perfection.
But I couldn’t have him.
It was against the rules. Forbidden.
He was my best friend’
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 251 pages
Published June 11th 2021 by Rachael Brownell Books

To ask other readers questions about A Moment Too Late, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Moment Too Late

Start your review of A Moment Too Late
Angie Schexnaildre NOLA504nerds
This is an honest review of an arc received.

“Don’t let the guilt from the past dictate your present.”

Andrea Morris is not one to believe in love at first sight but the first time she ran into Jay Ross she literally fell into his arms. But he belonged to her best friend, Sam. After four long years of longing for him, all it takes is one stolen kiss to confirm what she already knew, she loved him. When a tragic event happens and a life is lost, Andrea deals by running away. Fast forward 5 years, s
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
Wow - This book had me up all night and I simply could not put it down. With every turn of the pages the angst grew, the connections became a force to be reckoned with and the secrets revealed so much all at once. While the characters are trying to find their way back together, they are also trying to find the answers to find the one who murdered one in the group five years ago. You will be holding onto your kindle tight as the puzzle is connected and as the answers are revealed. And the ending ...more
Katie Jones
Jun 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Kimberly
Mar 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A well-written, swoon-worthy friends to lovers with a bit of mystery will keep you turning the pages!
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Wow, this one was an emotional read. Andrea had a love, at first sight, feeling for Jay when she meets him but it turned out he was off-limits because he was her best friend's (Sam) boyfriend. Sam is murdered and Andrea leaves town. Five years later, Andrea comes back to town for a memorial and reunites with her friends. She still has feelings for Jay and when she returned to town I couldn't read faster enough to get to their seeing each other again. There's some angst, grief, and guilt there th ...more
 •Cici• Theory of A Dreamer Book Blog♥
3.5 Stars!

Being new to Ms.Brownell's work I've been looking forward to picking up one of her books! When I found out about this one I wanted to pick it up first. I enjoyed it!

Drea and Jay's journey is a realistic and tough one. It had a great amount of emotion throughout and I liked the fact that I felt so much with both of them as well as with the rest of the characters in this story. It kept me on my toes and I enjoyed that. I just struggled at certain points.

With A Moment Too Late, Ms.Brown
Amanda
Jun 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An emotional journey of friends who are trying to deal with the loss of their best friend as well as finding your soul mate at first sight.
Andrea literally stumbled into Jay's arm and found instant love. Problem is Jay is already taken. Join the four friends on this angsty, emotional, love filled journey and see how their past shapes their futures.
Jaime Reynolds
Jun 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This author never fails to entice and pull you into her stories. You are immediately sucked in right from the start and page turn till the end. Experiencing everything that is going on and rooting hard for the right ending, for all involved. The level of emotions and the mystery/suspense make this one story you cannot miss. One that you do not want to miss. I can’t wait to see what she releases next because this will be on the list as one of my favorites she has written.
Sandie Chraponski
Rachael Brownell has yet again written a story that is going to grab hold of you and not let you go! This is a fresh twist to a couple of tropes that you all love to read.

Five years ago she was taken from them, a light in the world was extinguished and the small town was rocked. Now being brought back to celebrate her life, Drea and Jay have more than their grief that they will have to face.

Take this trip with these characters, be there when they figure out more than what their feelings mean. Wi
Richelle Zirkle
Jun 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An emotional and moving story that focuses strongly on the enduring power of friendship and love. You will find a strong cast of characters here outside of the core couple, even the deceased character has a strong presence (positive) throughout the course of the story. Be prepared for a bit of angst as the characters continue to navigate their guilt and grief as the murderer remains free and they fight to find justice.
Jordan Deatherage
I loved this and cried more times than I thought I would. I loved the mystery behind it and I loved the MC. I thought there was gonna be a huge plot twist and I was not ready for it but I’m so glad it didn’t turn out that way ( my heart wouldn’t take it) haha. I even read the bonus chapter to this and I’m so glad I did. Such an amazing story and with spice and romance. Definitely recommend.! I got this as an ARC and I’m so glad!
The Book Fairy Reviews
A forbidden love a betrayal that was to much of a burden to carry added with guilt, only made her run faster not slower. For Andre and Jay were a couple that could never be. Jay never believed in love at first sight, but the day he caught Andrea was the day he became a believer. One problem with his new found soulmate, she was best friends with his current girlfriend.
The two, now have to endure a forbidden and unattainable love whilst trying not to break the heart of the one they would betray.
Bridget Hickey
Jun 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read.Andrea fell for Jay the moment she meet him.Actually she stumbled into his arm.But he was definitely off limits being he dated her best friend.On New years Eve they share a kiss as her best friend sleeps upstairs.Guilt consumes her and she tries to stay away from Jay.Sam is murdered and right after graduation Andrea moves and doesn't go back even though she still has feelings for Jay.On the 5th anniversary of her death her friends call her to attend a memorable event for Sam.She a ...more
Gin
May 21, 2021 rated it liked it
Jill S (Love Affair With Fiction)
Bloggers & Bookstagrammers sign up HERE to be a part of the release for this second-chance romance!

Falling in love can happen in the blink of an eye.
Crystal Gray
Jun 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
So many emotions.

I can't describe how much I love this book. It's such an emotional journey. I had a really hard time putting it down. So captivating!
Jenna85
Trina
Jess
Bookaholic
Jun 12, 2021
Rachael Brownell resides in Michigan with her husband and son. An admitted coffee addict, since 2012 she has written and published more than THIRTY romance novels.
When she's not writing, she enjoys playing golf, reading and watching her son play baseball.
To find out more about Rachael's books, visit her website, Amazon page, or follow her on social media.

News & Interviews