Start by marking “A Moment Too Late” as Want to Read:

A Moment Too Late

Falling in love can happen in the blink of an eye.

I fell for Jay the moment I laid eyes on him. Was drawn to him in a way I’d never been drawn to a man before. He was everything I wanted. The man I dreamed about at night and looked for everywhere I turned just for a glimpse of his perfection.
But I couldn’t have him.
It was against the rules. Forbidden.
He was my best friend’
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 251 pages
Published June 11th 2021 by Rachael Brownell Books

To ask other readers questions about A Moment Too Late, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Moment Too Late

Start your review of A Moment Too Late
Angie Schexnaildre NOLA504nerds
This is an honest review of an arc received.

“Don’t let the guilt from the past dictate your present.”

Andrea Morris is not one to believe in love at first sight but the first time she ran into Jay Ross she literally fell into his arms. But he belonged to her best friend, Sam. After four long years of longing for him, all it takes is one stolen kiss to confirm what she already knew, she loved him. When a tragic event happens and a life is lost, Andrea deals by running away. Fast forward 5 years, s
Kimberly
Mar 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A well-written, swoon-worthy friends to lovers with a bit of mystery will keep you turning the pages!
Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase
Wow - This book had me up all night and I simply could not put it down. With every turn of the pages the angst grew, the connections became a force to be reckoned with and the secrets revealed so much all at once. While the characters are trying to find their way back together, they are also trying to find the answers to find the one who murdered one in the group five years ago. You will be holding onto your kindle tight as the puzzle is connected and as the answers are revealed. And the ending ...more
Katie Jones
Jun 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Wow, this one was an emotional read. Andrea had a love, at first sight, feeling for Jay when she meets him but it turned out he was off-limits because he was her best friend's (Sam) boyfriend. Sam is murdered and Andrea leaves town. Five years later, Andrea comes back to town for a memorial and reunites with her friends. She still has feelings for Jay and when she returned to town I couldn't read faster enough to get to their seeing each other again. There's some angst, grief, and guilt there th ...more
 •Cici• Theory of A Dreamer Book Blog♥
3.5 Stars!

Being new to Ms.Brownell's work I've been looking forward to picking up one of her books! When I found out about this one I wanted to pick it up first. I enjoyed it!

Drea and Jay's journey is a realistic and tough one. It had a great amount of emotion throughout and I liked the fact that I felt so much with both of them as well as with the rest of the characters in this story. It kept me on my toes and I enjoyed that. I just struggled at certain points.

With A Moment Too Late, Ms.Brown
Mandy Sawyer
Jun 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has been written very well. With a fantastic balance of anticipation and suspense it will have you hooked from page 1. This is the first book I have read from this author and I’m hoping it won’t be the last as I really enjoyed her writing style. A fantastic performance from Leanne really does help the book flow.
Amanda
Jun 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An emotional journey of friends who are trying to deal with the loss of their best friend as well as finding your soul mate at first sight.
Andrea literally stumbled into Jay's arm and found instant love. Problem is Jay is already taken. Join the four friends on this angsty, emotional, love filled journey and see how their past shapes their futures.
Jaime Reynolds
Jun 13, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This author never fails to entice and pull you into her stories. You are immediately sucked in right from the start and page turn till the end. Experiencing everything that is going on and rooting hard for the right ending, for all involved. The level of emotions and the mystery/suspense make this one story you cannot miss. One that you do not want to miss. I can’t wait to see what she releases next because this will be on the list as one of my favorites she has written.
The Book Fairy Reviews
A forbidden love a betrayal that was to much of a burden to carry added with guilt, only made her run faster not slower. For Andre and Jay were a couple that could never be. Jay never believed in love at first sight, but the day he caught Andrea was the day he became a believer. One problem with his new found soulmate, she was best friends with his current girlfriend.
The two, now have to endure a forbidden and unattainable love whilst trying not to break the heart of the one they would betray.
Tara Rainwater
Jun 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW!! What a emotional roller coaster ride!! It was love at first sight for Jay and Drea but he was her best friends bf. Drea is back in town to honor the memory of her best friend Sam, who was murdered. She and Jay work together to solve the mystery. Do they still have feelings for each other?? It will make you second guess who you think did the murder? Can you figure it out? All I can say is read the book. lol It is so worth the read!!
Sandie Chraponski
Rachael Brownell has yet again written a story that is going to grab hold of you and not let you go! This is a fresh twist to a couple of tropes that you all love to read.

Five years ago she was taken from them, a light in the world was extinguished and the small town was rocked. Now being brought back to celebrate her life, Drea and Jay have more than their grief that they will have to face.

Take this trip with these characters, be there when they figure out more than what their feelings mean. Wi
Bridget Hickey
Jun 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read.Andrea fell for Jay the moment she meet him.Actually she stumbled into his arm.But he was definitely off limits being he dated her best friend.On New years Eve they share a kiss as her best friend sleeps upstairs.Guilt consumes her and she tries to stay away from Jay.Sam is murdered and right after graduation Andrea moves and doesn't go back even though she still has feelings for Jay.On the 5th anniversary of her death her friends call her to attend a memorable event for Sam.She a ...more
Richelle Zirkle
Jun 03, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An emotional and moving story that focuses strongly on the enduring power of friendship and love. You will find a strong cast of characters here outside of the core couple, even the deceased character has a strong presence (positive) throughout the course of the story. Be prepared for a bit of angst as the characters continue to navigate their guilt and grief as the murderer remains free and they fight to find justice.
Crystal Gray
Jun 11, 2021 rated it it was amazing
So many emotions.

I can't describe how much I love this book. It's such an emotional journey. I had a really hard time putting it down. So captivating!
Jordan Deatherage
I loved this and cried more times than I thought I would. I loved the mystery behind it and I loved the MC. I thought there was gonna be a huge plot twist and I was not ready for it but I’m so glad it didn’t turn out that way ( my heart wouldn’t take it) haha. I even read the bonus chapter to this and I’m so glad I did. Such an amazing story and with spice and romance. Definitely recommend.! I got this as an ARC and I’m so glad!
Bette
Jun 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Story & Narration🎧 Captivating & Heartfelt!
By: Rachael Brownell
Narrated by: Leanne Woodward

I enjoyed this book immensely, it is well written with interesting storylines that are captivating from start to end. This story is original and so much more than an ordinary romance. The characters are realistic, easy to relate to and connect with. A grief stricken and heartbroken Andrea Morris left Great Falls and all her friends behind as soon as she was finished with college. She
Patty
Jun 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
By: Rachael Brownell
Narrated by: Leanne Woodward

Rachael Brownell checked all the boxes for me with this stand alone story. Andrea has been hiding from her home town for five years. After the murder of her best friend, the guilt of the circumstances was too much to deal with. Now the town is having a tribute in her honor and her friends are calling her home. Will she be able to deal with being back? What will happen when she sees Jay, her secret love and best friend's boyfriend?
Dana McKee NOLA504NERDS
Rachael Brownell, I heart your face so hard. This is one of my favorite audiobooks this year. This is an intriguing story about love, loss, heartbreak, guilt, and friendship. The lust between Andrea and Jay is swoon-worthy and so romantic. The deep connections and loyal friendships in this story are heart-warming and beautiful. It had the perfect amount of mystery and suspense. Rachael built such a great world with intriguing characters and a small town I’d be lucky to live in. You’re sucked in ...more
Ashley
Feb 12, 2022 rated it it was ok
left a bad taste

1.5/5

TLDR; a potential skip and DNF read. For further explanation see review below.

Spoiler:

The entire book was set up to essentially forgive Jay and Andrea’s indiscretion towards Sam. My theory was further solidified after the cop out and convenient “last letter from grave” from Sam dissolving Andrea from the so called “guilt” she’s had for betraying Sam. Guilt that she didn’t seem to feel strongly enough to not engage in a physical relationship with her best friend’s former boy
Tessa
Jun 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliantly written!

The heart does not care if you are already in a relationship when it finds its other half. From the moment Jay and Andrea meet, they know their hearts are meant for each other. But then they realize they have a stronger connection, Sam. I really wish I could have heard all of Sam’s story. Yes, we get quite a bit in this story, but I just wanted so much more for her. But Jay and Andrea are torn with their relationship with Sam. They handle it with grace as they try not to hurt
Niki Mcneil
I won the audio of A Moment Too Late by Rachael Brownell in a giveaway and I'd never read this author before so I wasn't sure what to expect. I was more than pleasantly suprised. This book follows 5 college friends through the end of college, a tragic event, and through the journey of healing. The added mystery was right up my alley. I found all the characters likeable and their bonds something to strive for. They were 100% each others tribe and I love reading stories where people put others bef ...more
Gin
May 21, 2021 rated it liked it
Judi Halpern
Jun 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing
5 years

I can’t believe that after 5 years they have no closure in Sam’s death. Sam’s death had such devastating affect on all of them so to honor her they have a dedicated in their same town where everyone of this group come to celebrate her life. As they each take an event to honor their friend, Sam, they find peace with each other and letting go of their friend. A good read.
Travis Peak
Oct 27, 2021 rated it it was ok
Flat

Thus book tries to be a romance and a mystery. It fails on both fronts. The author mistakes sex for romance. She doesn't flesh out either aspect of this book. The main character, Andrea, is either attending a memorial for her friend or having sex with Jay. That's it. The murder is solved with no leading clues or twists. The key piece of evidence miraculously shows up at the perfect time. Just a boring book that I couldn't wait to be over.
Amy Reyes
Jun 26, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is a steamy yet sweet and some suspense of a book. I really did enjoy reading the story between Jay and Andrea and their best friend’s boyfriend romance. There is a HEA that I enjoyed. I do feel that Andrea was too hard on herself and left a gap of too much time but overall enjoyed my time in Great Falls
Lee Anne Lane
Aug 02, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story and characters that are easy to like. Dealing with grief, finding answers, and closure. That sums up the short trip back to her college town. Add in her long time love, denied for so many years, good friends and hope. Oh! And a murderer just waiting to be discovered.

Not a fan of the narrator.
Within The Pages Book Blog
Jill S (Love Affair With Fiction)
Bloggers & Bookstagrammers sign up HERE to be a part of the release for this second-chance romance!

Falling in love can happen in the blink of an eye.
Danielle Parent
Aug 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love when a romance has a murder twist. This was such an easy read, I loved Andrea and Jay’s story and I loved all the surprises. All the characters were developed so well and I really cared about them. Loved this one!

• The First Rule
  • Force of Gravity
  • Make You Miss Me
  • Beg You to Trust Me (Lindon U, #2)
  • A Shot in The Dark
  • Before Us... There Was Him
  • When We Were Reckless (Lost Stars #3)
  • Bring Me Home
  • The Paris Pact
  • Dirty Little Secret (Central Valley U)
  • What Love Looks Like
  • Hot & Cold
  • No Strings
  • Pieces of Me (Pieces Duet, #2)
  • Fair Catch
  • Cry For Me
  • Famous Last Words
  • Dear Roomie (Rookie Rebels, #5)
I'm a Michigan girl, born and raised. My addictions include: coffee, chocolate, coffee, avoiding adulting, coffee, and coffee.
My favorite season is fall. My favorite color is teal. And my favorite genre to read and write is romance.
I refuse to 'stay in my lane' when it comes to my books. You'll find I write everything from young-adult to sweet contemporary to steamy new adult.
#noregrets