Start by marking “The Lies that Bind Us (Woods Grove Series, Book 1)” as Want to Read:
The Lies that Bind Us (Woods Grove Series, Book 1)

The Lies that Bind Us (Woods Grove Series, Book 1)

My life was perfect: the school of my dreams with the boy of my dreams, playing the sport of my dreams.

Until that boy destroyed our future – now I’m numb, each day passing in a colorless void.

When joy comes from the last place I could have imagined, I pick up the pieces and put together a new life.

Now that boy is back, and the man he’s become wants to right the past and di
Kindle Edition
Published June 28th 2021

To ask other readers questions about The Lies that Bind Us, please sign up.
Paula Depends on your definition of cheating... For me, I consider it cheating but judge for yourself - https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Start your review of The Lies that Bind Us (Woods Grove Series, Book 1)
Paula
(view spoiler) ...more
Jenifer Briggs
Jul 01, 2021 rated it it was ok
I've been struggling with how I want to write this review, because on one hand, it was truly an emotional story and I loved our heroine so much. She's the reason why I wanted to rate it higher, but ultimately I just couldn't.. because then there was the supposed "hero" of the story. *eternal face palm.* Look, I love angsty love stories as much as the rest of the romance community, but there's angst.. and then there's this.

So a little backstory: Nolan (H) and Raya (h) are head over heels in love
Dana Mason
Jul 14, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great read! This was my first H.P. Davenport novel, but I don’t think it’ll be my last.
Childhood sweethearts turned broken-hearted strangers in this angsty story of hurt, healing, and forgiveness. It was an incredible journey, and I dare you not to fall in love with Raya and her band of faithful friends. She’s strong, resilient, and ready to move forward in life without Nolan, but… is she really?
When Nolan breaks Raya’s heart for seemingly no reason at all, she walks away from a relationship s
The Smutbrarians
Jun 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Feels 5
Steam 3
Storyline 4
Overall Rating 4.5
Kindle eArc provided by Author
Reviewed by Stephanie

This second chance love story was one hell of an emotionally intense roller coaster. It had so many ups and downs, twists and turns that my head felt like it would never stop spinning. It’s a story that held the promise of that sweet and special forever kind of love. The kind some people wait their whole life for and still may never find. But for Raya and Nolan, it always lived next door. That is until
Carrie
Jun 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
Nolan & Raya's story is a beautifully told angst-fest.

I admit - I did not connect with Nolan for most of the story. I WANTED to. I wanted to sympathize or empathize with him, but ... I really just think he was an idiot. He had reasons for the decisions he made and actions he took, but I didn't connect with those reasons. I think he needed his butt kicked. Several times.

Eventually, he gets his head outta his butt & screwed on straight, thankfully. Meanwhile, I liked Raya for most of the story.
Kelly Fountain
Jun 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Life done together, a childhood spent playing until the sparks of something more. High school sweethearts, the best of friends and secure in their blossoming love. A future planned together and dreams coming true...until he shatters them. Now she’s broken and her world will never be the same. He doesn’t know it yet, but he is too. Now he wants what he never should have let go. Lies, betrayal and secrets have warped the innocence of their past.

Their new lives are entwined with the old. Their tie
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Jun 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
"I know when I am reading a great book because I cannot stop thinking about it and anticipating how the story will play out. Sometimes I am spot on, but most of the time I am way off base.
The start of Nolan and Raya’s book was both heartbreaking and shocking but it set up the rest of the story in that I could somewhat guess how it would end but I certainly couldn’t ever fathom all the in between bits that made this story so incredible.
It is honestly one of the best books that I have read this y
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Jun 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing
It was all planned out... the future they both wanted... then it was destroyed one night when Nolan does the unthinkable. Raya and Nolan were that couple in their high school that everyone thought would make it, the ones that would eventually end up saying "I do"... but they didn't make it that far. Nolan broke her heart right before she was ready to head off to college, and suddenly that plan they had no longer existed. Now she is beside herself, and left wondering how is she supposed to live h ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Jun 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
H.P. Davenport has a seriously addictive writing style that never fails to draw me in from the jump, and I've learned that I cannot start a book by her with limited time since I won't be moving until every last page is devoured. I've gone back & forth about this review because of Nolan, as he made a decision for Raya without asking her so I was already up in arms about it all. It only got worse over all the years he was an idiot so he messed up in more unforgivable ways, and I didn't warm up to ...more
World Of Books 65
The meaning of the word epic is, ' heroic or grand in scale or character' . The Lies That Bind Us fits that description perfectly. I was taken on a journey of first loves, last loves, and only loves, and I came out believing that soul mates exist even when one road leads our couple, Nolan and Raya, in different directions for 5 years. At 18 Nolan believes he is doing the right thing when he breaks Raya's heart, he believes that one day he may have the chance to redeem himself, but what this yo ...more
Pam
Jun 23, 2021 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
H.P Davenport has given us a start to a new series and with it comes many new characters to fall in love with. Raya and Nolan's story is a true second change that carries with it a lot of secrets and lack of communication, young hearts and minds that could have done things differently, a love that has grown from friendship and is stronger than anyone imagined. Can they find a way past the heartache and back to the beautiful love they once shared?

Raya and Nolan were that high school coup
Amazeballs Book Addicts
The Lies That Bind is a good read. Raya has everything planned out. She and her boyfriend, Nolan are going to college together. Nolan has other plans and pretty much pulls the rug out underneath her. She's a strong girl and tries hard to move on. I felt for her. She's a likable character. Nolan has brothers who stand by Raya. I liked how they had her back. Nolan was an okay character. He does things that had me scratching my head wondering why. He's gone for five years before he comes back and ...more
Raya is one of the best characters I've read in a really long time. She's so strong. When the worst possible thing happens between her and Nolan, she recognized immediately that she deserves better than his garbage and walked. This is something that so often doesn't happen in books. Raya is goals.

Jamie from Unspoken Words is one of my favorite book boyfriends of all time. Like one of the epic ones that raise the bar. I couldn't help but compare Nolan to him which I know isn't fair but Nolan didn
Sharon Jones
Jun 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing
It is honestly one of the best books that I have read this ye
Pamela
Nolan and Raya grew up as friends then turned into sweethearts in high school. They were the couple most thought would get married but Nolan keeps a secret from Raya that ends all of it. Raya is on her way to college with a broken heart and trying to deal with life. Nolan was just stupid with his choices and so young. The two end up meeting back up around five years later and Nolan wants another chance. Can Raya ever trust Nolan not to break her heart again? A good second chance read.
Lofty
Jun 11, 2021 rated it really liked it
Nolan does the unforgivable to his girlfriend Raya and hurts her terribly.
He's trying to do the right thing and let her experience college properly.
Raya is broken when Nolan deceived her but not everything is as it seems.
Her future isn't going as planned but adjustments are needed and support comes from those she didn't expect it from.
A lovely second chance story.
Corrinne
Jun 27, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A love so deep what happens when someone ruins it ?? Can you forget and forgive ? Loved there story it’s such depth their love is but so easily shattered ! Raya is strong and frail at the same time . I have to say I really liked Nolan, for some reason and was waiting with baited breath what was gonna happen... i can’t wait to read the next book in the series to find out some answers that have left me hanging... their better be a next book ! Great read.
Louise
Jun 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
Angst heaven

Absolutely worth a read if you love angst. Heroine doesn’t just roll over, the hero has to GROVEL! So rare these days, looking forward to the next book, bring on Weston.
Jennifer Millaway
Jun 29, 2021 rated it really liked it
Great story

Great story here. It has all the meat and potatoes. I love the concept, character development was great, and it flowed. I feel last few chapters was missing something and epilogue wasn't even about this story. Looking forward to the next book.
Sarah Dale
Nolan and Raya have grown up together and their friendship developed into much more. Their connection was everything, they planned their futures together until Nolan destroys their dreams and breaks her heart. Years later he's back and determined to get her back but it will be a lot harder then he thought.

HP Davenport did a great job with this one. She delivered a good story of second chances, love, betrayal, healing, family and friendship, add in the heart, emotion and witty banter and this is
HEA PR
May 12, 2021 marked it as to-read
✍ BLOGGERS! ✍

═ TOUR DATES ═
Cover Reveal - May 17
Teaser Tuesday - June 22
Release Day Tour with Reviews - June 28

Join the tours here ➳ https://bit.ly/TheLiesThatBindUsTOURS

Jamie
Jul 04, 2021 rated it really liked it
When you have a love like the love Raya and Nolan had can it survive the betrayal that Nolan did to Raya. Years later after he is back home, can he gain the forgiveness and trust back from his family and the one woman that held his heart in her hands. Will he get his second chance at the life the both of them dreamed of.
Laurel Nilsen
Jun 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The Lies that Bind Us is book 1 in the Woods Grove series. Nolan and Raya have a love like no other and then Nolan does the unthinkable and breaks Raya in two. This is a second chance romance that you will need a tissue or two as you are taking on an emotional upheaval. A story of secrets, sacrifice and a love that would stand the test of time. Nolan and Raya will grip hold of your heart and bury themselves deep into your soul. A storyline that holds you captive to the words, feelings and the ch ...more
Renee Entress
Jun 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2021, arc, series
4 star

The story has laughs, betrayal, pain, secrets, and heartbreak.

This is Raya and Nolan’s story. Raya and Nolan were in love but he made some decisions and decided that breaking her heart was what was needed. Those reasons are reveled in the story. Raya is shattered and has a really hard time putting back the broken pieces. Even 5 years later she is still trying to put her heart back together. Nolan comes back wanting Raya back. He knows it will not be easy and is willing to put in the work,
Linda
Jun 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
Sometimes, when you break someone, there's no putting them back together! Nolan broke Raya! Can he put her back together? I was fighting it, then wanting it!

Raya, I absolutely loved her throughout the ENTIRE story! She dazzled me!

This was a fantastic second chance romance! However, will Ms. Davenport give these two their second chance, or not!?!

Excellent entertainment!
Alicia Harrietha
Jul 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoy this author and really enjoyed the first book of the Woods Grove Series. I completely fell in love with Raya and Nolan and found this story unbelievably relatable. To have the life you always dreamed of having fall apart so terribly is heartbreaking and so hard to bounch back from. This second chance romance really filled my heart with love and hope for anyone who have loved and lost the one they really fell hard for but was willing to find a way to forgive and go forward. Raya is ...more
E&A Book
Jul 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This is a angst filled, emotional, heartbreaking, second chance romance that will give you all the feels. Nolan is not a character that you will like, he makes decisions that made me shake my head, curse, and want to throw my Kindle. Raya is strong, sweet, and I loved how she handled the curveballs that life seemed to always throw at her. When these two come back together after being apart, secrets are revealed, truths are told, and the aftermath is one hell of a ride. A definite must read.
Karie Gibson
Jul 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Heart wrenching and oh so good

This book felt likens journey. My heart absolutely broke for Raya. I was outraged on her behalf. But on the other side I wanted to hug and smack Nolan at the same time. I love these brothers and I can't wait to read all their stories.
Raya is a strong beautiful heroine who I was so proud of. I don't want to give away the good parts but believe me you need this book in your life.
Marni Ortiz
Jun 29, 2021 rated it it was amazing
The Lies That Bind Us is the first book ( in the Wood Groves Series , as well as my first time reading H.P Davenport . After reading this amazing story H.P will absolutely be added to my list of one -click authors. This was such a great story with awesome character develop, I was hooked from the very beginning, until End . I could not help but fall in love with Raya after all the heartbreak she had been through , she still held her head up and found the strength within herself to move forward .N ...more
Vicki Perry
Jul 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing
What made this book so exceptional was the storyline based on a stupid lie. How that one lie meant, supposedly, to protect someone, instead devastated them and affected their life horribly.
Paralegal by day, romance genius by night! When she's not tending to her furry children, HP DAVENPORT is seamlessly carving beautiful stories from her mind in her comfy PJs in New Jersey.