Start by marking “Extra Credit (A Lonely Souls Novel)” as Want to Read:
Extra Credit (A Lonely Souls Novel)

Extra Credit (A Lonely Souls Novel)

GildedGirl

This year at Harbor University should have been a fresh start. My chance to finally get a taste of the independence I've craved for so long.

But one risky choice has caused me to lose everything I've been working toward. Freedom is no longer within my grasp, and it feels like all hope is lost.

My one saving grace? BioGuy.

I've never met the student I'm tutoring thro
Kindle Edition
Published March 2021

To ask other readers questions about Extra Credit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Extra Credit

Start your review of Extra Credit (A Lonely Souls Novel)
Jennifer G
Feb 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Violet made a promise to herself, this year would be different. No more hiding; this year she would start to really live again. But her first taste of freedom put her on the road to true captivity. Why did she expect anything more? She wasn't in control of her own life. Her decisions were not her own to make. The only thing that felt real, that she looked forward to was BioGuy, the guy she was tutoring in Philosophy on the school's Extra Credit site. He seems to enjoy talking to her as much as s ...more
RLbooks
Shelves: reverse-harem
Extra Credit is a refreshing mix of lightness and banter with the right amount of tension and drama, plus friendship and romance. While the basic premise of a Rapunzel re-telling in a contemporary setting means that you know there will be family challenges and restrictions placed on Violet, the actual events, with their twists and turns, had me on the edge of my seat and guessing what was going to happen next. The banter and funnier parts of the book had me smiling and laughing, while the emotio ...more
Dawnetta
Feb 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh fairy tails....Violet is now in my top favorites that this author has written! Jude, Lincoln and Tobias are exactly what she needs to find her strength, to know her worth and to learn to love all of herself. And that surprise? Wow! I never saw that one coming. This book is on the tamer side so if you are wanting to dip your toes into the reverse harem genre, this is for you! (I would highly suggest the Lonely Souls books first)
Risa
Apr 09, 2021 rated it really liked it
Intro
This book is in the same world as the Lonely Souls series, but while we do see Thea and her men again, this story is about Violet and her men. You don’t necessarily have to read Thea’s series to read this book, but it’s definitely helpful to completely understand the full context and characters.

Also, as a note…the Lonely Souls series is inspired by The Wizard of Oz and Extra Credit is inspired by Rapunzel/Tangled. No, these are not retellings, but you can see the inspiration woven within th
DoubtFire
Apr 18, 2021 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
DNF @ Chapter 64.

I think I just really don't vibe with contemporary.

I kept coming across moments that felt like they were written as if they were for a teen drama TV show. Like... that's not how college works, or how people talk.

Example 1 - Violet's mom changing her schedule at college without her knowledge or permission. That... legally doesn't happen. Violet is an adult and therefore would have to give permission for her mom to have access to any of her school records.

Example 2 - Violet'
Courtney
Mar 20, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I loooooved Autumn decided to write this spinoff standalone from the Lonely Souls series. I always wanted to know more about Violet and based on the guys that were going be in her harem, I was so intrigued on how that would all develop! I definitely have an overall favorite of the bunch, but I thought the personalities were different enough (some with normal tropes, some not which was a nice change of pace) to keep me interested and make me want to get this book in paperback (along with the rest ...more
Nicole
Feb 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book!!!! This might be favorite book by Autumn Reed ever. It’s so so so good!!! I think Violet is my favorite heroine, tied with Thea, of Autumn Reed’s books! She’s so cute and adorable and sweet and super smart and kind, but also a lot stronger than she appears. She grows up in this book and she stops letting people control her life. She takes control of her life and starts living it the way she wants to, with the help of Lincoln, Jude, and Tobias. They are her her princ ...more
AllyG
Mar 21, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is a loosely based modern interpretation of the Fairy Tale, Rapunzel.
Violet’s character was first introduced in Reed’s, “Lonely Souls Trilogy.” Her getting her own story was something I was 100% excited about!
Violet starts off as a girl trying to escape her Mothers thumb and discover her own way in life. The story starts up in college (Harbor University) where she is desperately trying to escape her label of,“cripple girl,” due to an accident, which happened years ago. Tired of the looks
jennifer morton
Apr 10, 2021 rated it it was amazing
A story well worth the read

I loved this new take on rapunzel , Romeo and Juliet. With violet having to deal with her over controlling mother and the secrets that were revealed thought out the story that blew my mind away. I loved how brave violet was though out the story and loved how she grew in to a confident young woman with the help of her three sexy guys who I found sweet, caring and totally funny and I love how they would do anything to keep violet safe and it was all thanks to a little ex
Kasumatata
Feb 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was so happy to read more about these characters

After reading the previous series by this author, these characters piqued my interest and boy was I happy that we would get more of their story!

Violet's story hit close to home for me because I felt like I was her at some point in my life and it made me feel everything I felt back then. I can't deny it hit me quite hard at one point, but I trust this author to take me on a wonderful journey and I have to say that I have no regret.

I loved revisit
Heather Schles
Feb 22, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You know I really shouldn't be surprised that this book was freaking amazing, I love everything that Autumn writes. She is so good at storytelling, surprises, love and most of all making fall in love with her characters, they are so genuine, and down to earth and relatable. I adored watching Violets growth and transformation and it was beautiful to watch this relationship grow, it wasn't just about physical intimacy, and chemistry, it was so much more, they were there for each other and emotiona ...more
Sarah Anne
Representation: Black Hero, disabled Heroine (has a permanent injury to her right leg from a pedestrian-car accident) and Black side characters

Overall: 3.75-stars

Safety Rating: Safe with Exceptions (view spoiler)
Lis jouvin
Mar 15, 2021 rated it it was amazing
honestly i didnt know that this was going to be part of another series,so it frustrate me,, because they mention events that it is not here,i love how this is like a retake of a fairy tale, regina was one crazy person, violet promised to be free, and one act of heroism she has returned to being complacent, she is lock up, and take her out of presencial class, her only salvation his bioguy, i love the story,jude,tobias,lincoln they are sooo sweet, love the twist in this, i will love to know more ...more
Saira
Missy Brown
Feb 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fun read this was, and I think may have just moved up to being one of my favorites by Autumn.

Violet is such a fun character. She is so fun and I found myself rooting for her from the beginning. To watch her grow with the help of the guys, Lincoln, Tobias and Jude, was just something that I could not look away from. The way that these guys held her up, and supported her just had me falling in love with them. They help each other and be each others rock. They are family and it shows.

Loved
Melissa
Feb 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely adored this book! I was a Violet fan while reading the Lonely Souls trilogy and was so excited once Autumn announced Violet was getting her own book. This is a very sweet, slow burn RH. I don’t typically love slow burn but with a stand-alone RH you almost need it in order to give the characters time to grow and connect. Loved the spin on the Rapunzel fairy tale and the twist at the end came as a total shock. This book is more sweet than steam, but I enjoyed the amazing chemistry betwe ...more
Nora
Feb 26, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yet another amazing stand alone by the hand of author Autumn Reed. I've been a fan since I've read the Stardust series in 2015. This is inspired by Rapunzel and it is well done. This isn't the first try by Autumn since she has another retelling and I love these. (Lonely souls series is the other) This one is about Violet and she is tutoring BioGuy. What she doesn't know it's not just one guy but in reality three. I love that this book keeps things on the lighter side so if you're new to RH this ...more
Rachel The reader
Satisfying!

After the previous three books, I didn’t think anything could be better but I was wrong. This is quite a psychological exploration but it all works. The storyline is interesting and with some unexpected surprises but best of all, a happy ending for Violet and her three guys. I think you need to have read the other three books to understand some of the events but that’s no hardship!
I would happily read more books by this author.
Amanda
Feb 23, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a cute feel good book! I really enjoyed reading this book and following Violet’s story. It was a pretty interesting way to tie in Rapunzel’s story in a more modern way. I especially loved the frying pan scene, it made me laugh. It was a pretty short read, but for the most part light and not too much drama. It also had very empowering themes and I liked how Violet was portrayed not letting her disability make her feel broken.
Booklovingmummy
Feb 24, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The modern day take on Rapunzel is amazing!

Violets character is one that you will love. This story of self discovery, strength, determination and emotion will have you on the edge of your seat. It’s action packed with twists and turns and will have you shocked and swooning throughout.

I loved this book and how we got to see more of these characters and to get Violets story was wonderful!

A MUST READ!!
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Crystal Benton
Apr 18, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful story

The story was beautifully written and incredibly sweet. I loved being able to read the shy FMC develop in a confident and well loved person. And I loved how supportive all of her love interests were. It is a slow-burn book so if you don't like to read those then this isn't for you. But the clear development in the book and the clear and obvious love from the start makes this an excellent story to read.
Andrea
All the stars

I loved this so much. I love, love, love these characters. I loved their relationships, as a whole and individually. I felt like Violet grew before my eyes. I so enjoyed seeing her go from a timid girl to a confident and braver woman.

I know it’s a standalone but I would do anything to get to read more about them.
Samantha Barnett
Feb 22, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I so enjoyed watching Violet blossom into a confident women. She was so beat down from the people who are supposed to lift you up, its was heart breaking.
I LOVED her and guys relationship. They really seemed to bring the best out of one another.
Overall I really enjoyed this story. Violet and her guys are so good together!
Crystal LoCicero
Shelves: 2021-5-stars
Surprise read for me!

So, I must admit... I disliked this cover so much that I didn't pay attention to what the story was. But I started reading it bc I like this Author. Boy, am I glad I did! This is Violet's story!!!! I loved Thea's story and this was just as good. The Rapunzel take was done so good. It was cheesy or over the top. I would love more stories in this world.
catherine lawrence(Nerd_who_reads)
Love love love

Autumn has been teasing this book forever in her reader group and it is just as amazing as I hoped it would be. The Tangled references were classic and blended with the story perfectly. Violet and her guys are the cutest. This book is a slow burn but its worth the wait watching these characters grow.
Kendal
Mar 07, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great standalone

If you are looking for a fast-paced, burn the pages read, don't get this. However, if you want a story that you can't put down, will make you laugh and cry, and has 3 of the sweetest guys ever, then get this book and don't look back.

I loved this book. This author pulled you into this world from the first page. I look forward to reading more from her.
Eleonora
Mar 08, 2021 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Get tangled up in a sweet, sexy, and original tale. Autumn Reed is the master at contemporary reverse harem. Absolute loved the characters and the natural progression of not just the relationship between the men and our fair-haired heroine, but the camaraderie and deep friendship between the guys. The subtle nods to Tangled where amazing and elevated an already fantastic read!
Amanda Maria
This book was okay. For all that it said it was a standalone, you do really need to read the Lonely Souls trilogy first or else you will be completely lost. I really felt like I didn't get to know the characters at all, and the relationships didn't really make sense because of it --everything was only surface deep. To be honest I was not impressed at all and skimmed the last third or so. ...more
Susannah Bridges
Great standalone and follow up

Loved learning Violet’s story, and so happy for her happy ending. Great development of characters we’d only glimpsed before—and easily readable without the other series. Nice Disney winks, too.
Bookbunny4
Wonderfully done

I love the way this book was written. The author brings you into not only a great storyline, but also connects you with each character in a way that stays with you. I finished the book with a smile and feeling like my day was little brighter than before.

• Healing Shattered Hearts (Pieces of Us, #3)
  • Of Moons and Monsters (Of Moons and Monsters, #1)
  • These Reckless Hearts (Saint Clary's University #3)
  • Breakers (Academy of Stardom, #3)
  • Finale (Academy of Stardom, #4)
  • Lost (Silver Falls University, #1; Kingdom of Wolves #2)
  • Cricket (Cricket Kendall, #1)
  • Freedom (Featherstone Academy, #5)
  • Shadowed Heart (A Death So Sweet #1)
  • Crooked Heart (A Death So Sweet #2)
  • Wildflower (Cricket Kendall, #2)
  • Violent Heart (A Death So Sweet #3)
  • Saint (Saint and Sinners, #1)
  • The Ruthless (Queen Crow #2)
  • Wreckage
  • Shattered Souls (The Harkwright Trilogy, #3)
  • Lyric & the Heartbeats (Sweet Omegaverse, #4)
  • Anarchy (Hades, #2)
Autumn is a lifelong bookworm with a penchant for sarcasm. She loves cloudy days, fluffy dogs, and murdering succulents. When she isn't bringing daydreams to life on the page, she can be found behind the lens of a digital camera or binge-watching Veronica Mars.

To learn more about Autumn Reed, visit www.autumnreed.com.