Jump to ratings and reviews

Scharlette Day #2

Scharlette Kills 99% of Germs

As Scharlette journeys to the time travelling space station known as Panoptica, she has no idea how she’ll be received by its crazily futuristic inhabitants.

Do they know she’s a runaway from ancestral Earth? The first person-from-the-past ever to drop by and say hi? Oh, and that she helped foil an elaborate plot to stop their president from ever existing in the first place?

Will everyone want to give her a medal, maybe?

Instead President Charkie thanks Scharlette by asking her to save humanity from a terrifying alien race of vicious murderbugs known as the Germs. These sons-of-peaches will eviscerate anything they can fix their eyeball stalks on – and they’re harder to squash than ever, now that they’ve stolen Panoptician time travel tech.

Scharlette isn’t sure that assigning such a monumentally important task to a woman with basically zero experience in galactic warfare is such a great idea. She isn’t sure about that at all.

The Panopticians are sure though – they think it’s a great idea!

Join Scharlette for a second wild ride through time and space, as she blasts off once again with handsome time agent Tomothy Dartle and their trusty spaceship Gordon.

Kindle Edition

Published March 14, 2021

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Sam Bowring

19 books84 followers
I write various genres of books, and some TV stuff from time to time. I also work as a stand-up comic.

sambowring.com

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
5 (1%)
1 star
1 (<1%)
Displaying 1 - 15 of 15 reviews
Profile Image for Allison Springer.
72 reviews2 followers
June 13, 2021
Scharlette and Tomothy are back and maybe not better than ever, but absolutely the same...sorta.

Scharlette is called back to the future to eliminate the Germs and save the universe. She thought (once she remembered) she had already done this but time travel is a tricky thing and they missed something along the way. with Gordon by her side, and in her head, and surrounding her, Scharlette attempts to unravel the mystery of the Jewels. A deal was made with the president but the present shows that the deal made in the future didn't extend to the past as it should have so now its up to scharlette, tomothy and gordon to find out why and fix it.

Sam Bowring turns time travel every which way. As another author I know has told me, time travel is hard to convey in a book without sounding trite and impossible. The approach in these books is to ignore making sense of it and to just go with the flow. It works. Try not to figure it out. This is a fun read. I enjoyed the first one so much (I had received it as an arc), that i actually bought this one. If you're looking for a fun read that you can truly escape into, the Scharlette books are it.
Profile Image for Paul Eastley.
62 reviews1 follower
March 31, 2021
Love Scharlette.
This second book made me laugh just as much as the first one and I don't see another on the horizon yet which is a bit disappointing. I must say if Sam keeps writing them I'll keep reading them. Scharlette Kills 99% of Germs. is a delightfully refreshing book and very easy to pick back up again when you want to get back to it. Can't wait to get entangled in Scharlette's next adventure.

Profile Image for Marit Brock.
65 reviews
August 22, 2021
Funny and new!

This series popped up in my recommendations so I thought I would give it a try. I ended up binge reading both books over a long weekend and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Sci-fi, silliness and a lot of imagination are packed in these stories. If you are looking for something light that will make you laugh then check out Scharlette's adventures!
March 20, 2021
Really exciting read. I personally got invested in some of these new characters and am hoping to see them again! “Gripping” seems like an apt way to describe this book that I read cover to cover in about 3 days and sacrificed sleep for.
140 reviews1 follower
September 15, 2021
What a sequel. Superb writing.

Again, no spoilers, so I can't really say anything. Other than it is an excellent read, a great take on time travel and even though I still don't get plimits, it didn't detract from my enjoyment of the book.
It seems very likely there's more in this tale and let's hope so as I've nothing else to read now...
Profile Image for Pamela.
1,301 reviews74 followers
March 17, 2021
A bit redundant and repetitive at times, as well as more than a bit silly, but enjoyable all the same.
Profile Image for Lee.
76 reviews
April 8, 2021
Second book is as all kay as the first book.

More time travel shenanigans with even more mind-bending edits than the first book. Edits are the main way that they change the future
1 review
September 16, 2021
Do both books!

Very entertaining. A great way to take your mind off the news. Hard to put down once you start. A unique sense of humor really keeps your attention.

Profile Image for Donnaskins.
353 reviews
December 29, 2021
On Goodreads, two stars = "It was okay." The first book in this series was really fresh and fun. This one added nothing new, and was more violent. If there is a Book 3, I will pass.
Profile Image for Dee.
302 reviews8 followers
May 22, 2022

Still not for serious science fiction people, and Scharlette can get a little Mary-Sue (and can solve everything) but I enjoyed the read
Profile Image for Barbra Hass.
3 reviews
May 30, 2022
I literally laughed out loud

My husband kept looking at me funny.

A little nonsense now and then is treasured by the wisest men (or something like that)
June 10, 2022
Even better than book #1

This second volume is even better than the first. Lots of fun, deep philosophy, and a touch of The Hitchhiker’s Guide.
4 reviews1 follower
September 22, 2022
Loved book 2 too!

I'm ready for book 3 whenever you are... I'll just twiddle my thumbs while I wait. this was a fun page turner, like few others.
769 reviews2 followers
March 14, 2021
Great book, vivid imagination, will make you laugh!
I have been looking forward to this second Scharlette book, and I was not disappointed - it was great!
I love science fiction books that are unusual, with new concepts and vivid imagination. This book certainly has those, and best of all, it really made me laugh! Isn't that what we all need a bit of at the moment, something to make us laugh? You may need to be careful where you are when you read this, unless you like people looking at you weirdly when you start snorting!
The action continues on from the last book, and the title does make sense, as you will see. The 'oh, cute!' moment comes from the flowerpups - who could resist those? And there are plenty of 'oh, yuk!' moments as well, as in all the best books. I do love Gordon, definitely my favourite character, and she has some great moments in this book too. But, I had better stop there as I hate spoilers.
This is the continued adventures of Scharlette, so it helps if you have read the first book, and that will improve your enjoyment. Go read! It's worth it!
Displaying 1 - 15 of 15 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.